Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333924 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #7095 on: January 27, 2010, 06:27:01 PM »
<The chick is talking about Humans killing controllers. I thought the infiltration was still a secret.> The host said.

<Yeah, me too. At least, it was when I left a while back.>

The more he drank, the more relaxed he got. Nothing like a good drink to put you in a relaxed mood. He didn't want to interrupt the two talking, though. He reached into a pouch in his shirt and pulled out his CD player. He turned it on and some country and started singing along to it.

"The Devil went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal."
"He was low on time, and running way behind, and was looking to make a deal."
"He saw a young man sawing a fiddle and playing it hot, and he jumped up on a hickory stump and said 'Boy let me tell you what.'"...

(Those lines may not be totally accurate, but you get the jist.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #7096 on: January 27, 2010, 06:31:09 PM »
She glanced at the newcomer to the bar who was watching Myitt, and she gave a slight smirk of amusement before returning her attention to the Controller. "The backlash from some has been amazing, Myitt. There've been an awfully huge number of self-defense rebuttals brought up in the last few years. Charges are dropped left an' right... family members feel threatened if they speak out.... Sometimes I wonder if the whole country's secretly run by a huge freaking anti-Yeerk mafia." She broke off as the newcomer began to sing. "Is he for real?" she s****ed, suddenly caught up in a quiet giggle fit.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #7097 on: January 27, 2010, 06:39:51 PM »
Myitt winces at the newcomer's rendition of the song.  "Jeez...Charlie Daniels he ain't...but he's at least from Earth.  Maybe."  She eyes him for a few seconds longer, then shrugs and turns back to Elayne.  "Anti-Yeerk mafia.  Hmm.  I can see certain human organizations jumping on that bandwagon, particularly the ones with the guns and the sense that Earth was letting something very much like a former terrorist live within the borders of its countries."  She shakes her head.  "If humans can't even handle the differences within their own species, how can they all be expected to welcome extraterrestrials, especially formerly hostile ones, with open arms?"  She sighs.  "What about other castaways from the Yeerk Empire, are there free Hork-Bajir, or Taxxons, or even Gedds roaming around Time Square?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #7098 on: January 27, 2010, 07:24:26 PM »
Terenia examines the new entrant to the bar, the one that Claxter had identified, curiously.

<<I do not recognize him from the Blade Ship,>> she says to Claxter privately, <<however, that does not mean he isn't one of the Visser's many underlings that I do not take note of. Of course, he may not be Visser Three's at all. Which may make him even more dangerous, if he realizes who and what I am.>>

She listens to Myitt and Elayne's talk of anti-Yeerk mafia's and rebellions vaguely, but does not offer comment. Terenia has a hard time grasping this supposed future. She's really more of a 'here and now' type of person.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7099 on: January 27, 2010, 07:48:42 PM »
<<Oddly enough it was the Hork-Bajir controller that mentioned him on the way out. He is likely an ally of Myitt and Corliss. Either way it seems he is either uninterested in you, or trying to maintain a low profile and see if we let our guard down. Keshin the bounty hunter already shot Corliss once as soon as they were alone together. Or reasonably so, since the Minotaur was in the bar as well.>>
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:50:26 PM by Chad28 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #7100 on: January 27, 2010, 07:49:24 PM »
"I'm going to do a check of the ship," Morgan said, "make sure things are ready. Soon as you're all set, feel free to come out to the ship."

Morgan walked out and met Gaz as she was walking out of her ship with a bag.

"Don't need to tell you where to put your stuff, do I?" Morgan said jokingly.

"Same quarters as always," Gaz replied.

Then Gaz glanced back into the direction of the bar and said, "Hey, have you..."

"Yeah," Morgan replied without looking. "I've noticed. Still trying to figure things out."

"Not used to being a dad again?" Gaz asked.

"I missed her whole childhood," Morgan said and sighed. "There'll be a time to talk about that later. I'm going to talk to Asda."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #7101 on: January 27, 2010, 08:42:04 PM »
trying to play it close to his chest

((Hmm... that's an oddly human phrase for Claxter to be saying it. ^-^ :rofl2: I'm just messing with ya Chad. ;D ))

Parker nodded to Morgan as he left the bar. "Yeah, you got it." He turned to Silver, "You ready?"
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7102 on: January 27, 2010, 08:49:50 PM »
(Actually you're right. I should change it.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #7103 on: January 27, 2010, 11:31:15 PM »
"The Hork-Bajir've never had much of a problem, except for th' stupid-*** poachers. As for the Taxxons?" she gave a shudder. "Except for the few who elected t'stick around to mine, they're all offworld. Seriously, every last one." She sighed. "Guess it's tough for even th' most open-minded humans to get used to them. The Hork-Bajir may look like something outta a nightmare, but when people were convinced they were peaceful, the protests stopped. But Taxxons? I guess it's hard t' find something redeeming." She met Myitt's eye. "And I know. That makes me a hypocrite."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #7104 on: January 28, 2010, 01:15:48 AM »
Myitt shrugs again, faintly.  "Well.  I can understand, Taxxons are so driven by their hunger that they're easily misunderstood.  Half the time they can barely slow down long enough to let the rational part of their minds control themselves.  But poachers?  Honestly?  I don't think I'll ever understand the human need to destroy living things, solely for pleasure."  She looks away, disgusted.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #7105 on: January 28, 2010, 02:44:22 AM »
((stupid irl!))

(Balthazar)

Answering Kess, he gave a quizzical look as he though over what the person had said "A parasite? An odd evolution path, but I'm not one to question the life-stream, am I?"

Taking another swig, he swallowed and he said "My species are called Malonians. We are best known for our prowess with bladed weapons, but I specialized in 'fharthe-knovas'. I'm not too sure what it means in your language."

As he said that, he lifted the bottom of his vest to show his belt, which was covered in a number of different sized balanced throwing knives.

(John)

Finishing his drink, he made sure that his pistol was holstered, and as he stood up, he slung his rifle over his shoulder and he followed Morgan outside to his ship.

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #7106 on: January 28, 2010, 04:27:58 AM »
((thanks for giving me the opportunity to get back in Shen and Alic.  I'm too tired to post right now.  I'll post when I can tomorrow night.  I would post if I didn't have to be up in five hours.))
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Alic

« Reply #7107 on: January 28, 2010, 06:22:52 AM »
(aw! Anytime! Besides you all have been patient with me numerous times. Have fun at work Luke!)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7108 on: January 28, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »
Temrash got through placing items in a case. A dracon rifle, some explosives, extra energy cells and smaller dracon guns, and a protable Kandrona Machine because he didn't know how long he would be gone. He also packed a medkit, since the medical supplies he had were suited for Hork-Bajir. After he was done he went to Morgan's ship.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #7109 on: January 28, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »
Elayne sighed and nodded in agreement with Myitt. "I know. Sometimes I wonder why th' Andalites even bothered... not that they made much of an effort at that...." Grasping the table firmly, she stood. Her vision swam a brief moment before it cleared. "Sorry t' head out on that note, but I really oughtta deal with burying my pilot and getting some rest. If you're not here when I come back, it was good t' meet you. Both of you." She extended her right hand to her with a smile.

((I won't have access to a computer from Jan 29th to Feb 6, so I'm gonna take myself out of the RP for a while.))
Aluminator's RAFsister