Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333924 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3150 on: July 27, 2009, 05:30:03 PM »
((
"Well," he exhales, "could be worse, eh?  Could be raining."  

Huh? That would make it better!))

As the armored form enters the planet's atmosphere, fire can be seen engulfing it completely. Somehow, the projectile steers itself towards the building on the planet's surface. As he approaches the building, two beings can be seen battling each other. When normally a ship would avoid hitting beings on a planet's surface, this projectile, which would, from their prospective, appear to be a meteorite, continues to barrell straight towards them.

The flames flies not inches above the two's heads and weapons, and crashes into the earth of this strange planet leaving an impact crater that stretches for almost a hundred feet. Lying at the end of this trail of destruction, is the armored man. Not a movement can be seen, not a twitch, nothing. He appears as if.. he's dead.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:31:27 PM by Spartan-281 »
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #3151 on: July 27, 2009, 10:41:40 PM »
((Shal and Breekan are also on the Vagabond.))

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3152 on: July 27, 2009, 11:38:03 PM »
((If it were raining in space, I'd question the laws of physics. X3 Although considering we've got Mar, Shal, Breekan, and Ossanlin maybe the laws of physics are a bit shaky. XD ))

Mar laughs that cynical laugh of his. "As you so cleverly pointed out, I don't care what happens to your rebellion. I care about whether you will survive the coming conflict. As well as the young Kara. The reason I wanted the gun was so that I could shoot myself should your lives come into danger. If you don't trust me, well....that's that. I'll have to find a convenient way to die should it come to that. Although, to be honest...I'd probably have to rack up quite a bit of courage."

Mar closes his eyes, although he seems as uncomfortable with the current situation as everyone else is. I do hope this ends up well for Myitt. I'd do it for her, but...I've never deliberately killed off a variant before. Let alone such a vivid one.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:42:43 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3153 on: July 28, 2009, 08:28:58 AM »
((Shal and Breekan are also on the Vagabond.))

((Damnit, I knew I was forgetting some of the billion people...sorry Jess ^^;  Did I miss anyone else?...))

"Hm, yeah, tell me something I don't know, Mar," Myitt mutters.  "And I don't trust you.  Unless you can think of something clever that doesn't involve having a weapon, I'd rather just shoot you myself."

<Really?>

<He's not really going to die, why should I care?>

<It's still weird.  And those are my hands you'd aim it with.>

"Pointless anyway," she sighs after a moment.  "You're already a weapon with or without this feeble little thing.  It might just destroy you, this version of you, to actually use those powers.  Do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't harm me or my cause."

<Or anyone else on this ship.>

"Or anyone else on this ship."

<Besides him.>

"Besides you, I guess."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3154 on: July 28, 2009, 09:03:05 AM »
"We're about a minute or two behind," Gaz said, "so we're still pretty close on 'er tail."

Gaz leaned over to the comm. "How's she holdin' up, Fletch?"

"Excellent," Fletch replied, "the engine modifications are doing their job."

"Ol' Morgan knew his stuff," Gaz commented. Then an idea came to her.

"Anyone fancy tryin' somthin'?" Gaz asked. "Morgan's rumored to have done somethin' similar. We're about as close to that ship as we're gonna get, which is pretty close considerin'."

"What are you babbling about?" Fletch asked.

"Who fancies tryin' to blow a hole in her engine?" Gaz asks. "This she can handle it, Fletch?"

There was a pause, Gaz knew Fletch was checking computers.

"Aye," he replied, "she should hold up fine."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3155 on: July 28, 2009, 10:16:26 AM »
"You mean we can try and make this flying scrap heap go even faster?" Corliss demands.  "Jumping back out of z-space at maximum burn is never really the most fun, when you're tailgating a Blade Ship."  He pauses, considering.  "Let's do it, eh?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3156 on: July 28, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
"I don't think I quite follow what's going on, but it's your ship Gaz." Temrash said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #3157 on: July 28, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »
"If we're going to fail, we should at least fail interestingly," Breek affirms. "I say we go for it."

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3158 on: July 28, 2009, 03:28:31 PM »
"What I'm sayin is we fire on 'er engines and force 'em to drop out themselves," Gaz explained. "Anyone a fair shot? I'll stay here and navigate. When someone fires, I'll shift position so they can't home in on us."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3159 on: July 28, 2009, 04:14:41 PM »
"Mate," Corliss says calmly, "have you ever tried firing on another ship while they're en route in z-space?  The odds of hitting anything are bloody astronomical, they could be right on top of us or an entire dimensional phase away.  Dracons just can't penetrate dimensional barriers that way.  As much as I'd like the idea...we're going to have to wait until we jump back into real space."

((At least...that was my understanding of why no epic battles were ever fought in z-space xP  If someone thinks it's silly then I'll change it  ;D Just let me know.))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3160 on: July 28, 2009, 04:17:26 PM »
"I'll have to agree with Corliss. I've never heard of such a thing being practical, much less pheasable. And I've done a lot of things in my time." Temrash said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3161 on: July 28, 2009, 05:39:11 PM »
Gaz considered this. "Suppose you're right," she said, "guess the best we can do is make sure weapons are ready for when we emerge. Hit 'em just as we're coming out."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3162 on: July 28, 2009, 06:58:36 PM »
((I'm waiting for Asmodee or Ossanlin to discover my body.))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3163 on: July 28, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »
(It's hard for me to think up a good reason for Asmodee's Yeerk to stop in the middle of a fight to see what the ship was about. Meanwhile, Ossanlin is busy with his cute little puppy. I've got nothing else to do, unless I introduce a new character.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Alic

« Reply #3164 on: July 28, 2009, 08:28:05 PM »
(I'm sorry I've beenso busyto post! Alic could be concerned about there being another ship, since she just took off she would have noticed it, and check it out. I'm tired of using my phone as soon as I can get my roomies laptop to connect ill post!)