Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 592131 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #5925 on: July 29, 2016, 01:27:09 PM »
It's a lesser known superpower. ;) j/k

New chapter.

BOOK CXXXI:
IT'S TOUGH TO BE A MOD

CHAPTER ONE:
Through Unclouded Eyes

"This was a mistake," Cloak said, at last. "I should have never tried this."

"No, Cloak!" Aniyu said, in a surprisingly motherly way. "Don't given to despair."

"I wasn't worth the time and effort you put into this. I'm sorry," Cloak said, sounding morose. "I'm not worth anything."

"No, Cloak," Aniyu said, then she sang:

"A single thread in a tapestry,
Through its color brightly shine,
Can never see its purpose
In the pattern of the grand design.
And the stone that sits on the very top
Of the mountain's mighty face --
Does it think it's more important
Than the stones that form the base?
So how can you see what your life is worth
Or where your value lies?
You can never see through deceiving eyes.
You must look at your life --
Look at your life with unclouded eyes!
Lai-la-lai . . .
A lake of gold in the desert sand
Is less than a cool fresh spring.
And to one lost sheep, a shepherd boy
Is greater than the richest king.
"

A scene appeared showing Ursa kicking Cloak out of the house, because she could not handle him actually standing up for himself instead of resuming his meek stance. He never returned, nor has ever sought to return. This happened as Aniyu sang:

"If a man lose everything he owns,
Has he truly lost his worth?
"

Then the scene shifted to Cloak sitting next to GH and Saffa, shooting the breeze with Gaz, Phoenix, YeerkSalad, Dylan and Quaf. It was a particularly lovely day out that day. They hadn't any missions on that day, it was just a lazy Sunday.

Aniyu smiled as she sang:

"Or is it the beginning
Of a new and brighter birth?
"

Cloak turned to look at his paternal ancestor.

"So how do you measure the worth of a man
In wealth or strength or size?
In how much he gained or how much he gave?
The answer will come, Cloak,
The answer will come to him who tries
To look at his life with unclouded eyes.
No life can escape being blown about
By the winds of change and chance,
And though you never know all the steps,
You must learn to join the dance!
You must learn to join the dance!
Lai-la-lai . . .
So how do you judge what a man is worth
By what he builds or buys?
You can never see with your fettered eyes
Look with unclouded eyes!
Look at your life,
Look at your life,
Look at your life with unclouded eyes.
"

Then the indigo vines withered and fell away, as Cloak felt reassured of his.worth and his place. But then his dream, vision thingy changed and he saw two lone figures struggling their way from the sea. One was visibly red and the other wore obvious blue garb.

Cloak's eyes snapped open.

"They're alive."

Source Song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8p5n2vtz7Q

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5926 on: July 30, 2016, 07:48:18 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TWO:
Searching . . . Searching . . .

"Yarin --"

"We're close, Goom!" the Nyac said, almost fanatical with zeal. "Any moment now we'll find them."

"Be pragmatic here, Yarin," Aquilai said, gently.

"Any minute now, guys!" Yarin said, almost desperately.

This was no facade, either. Yarin felt a desperate deep desire to find Blue and Demos. Despite his track record, he wasn't trying to recover his submersible prototype. He had the schematics for that, and it could always be rebuilt and even improved upon. Blue and Demos had no such luxury.

The Nyac also felt extremely guilty and responsible for what happened. But he had no idea that there was an actual armada. He had built the submersible so that it resembled an Earth fish, and assumed that the Reach would just assume that it was one. It was a mistake to make the "eyes" windows though, he didn't think about that liability.

But if Blue and Demos were, in fact dead . . . if they were . . . it would be his fault. Entirely his fault, the Nyac felt. But he refused to believe that they could not somehow have survived. They had to . . . they just had to . . . they didn't die ignominious deaths. They were alive they had to be.

"Yarin, you have to accept the fact that --" Goom began.

"They can't be dead, Goom." Yarin said, piloting his ship rather dangerously, without submerging it into the water. His voice betrayed his exhaustion and anxiety. "They can't be gone."

"Time to face facts, I'm afraid, Yarin," Aquilai said, softly. "They're not here. And they're not here because --"

"Continental drift!" Yarin said, with the air of a man grasping at straws. "I forgot to take into account continental drift!"

"He's sure stubborn when he wants to be," Goom sighed.

Aquilai took firm hold of Yarin's upper shoulders, and was to the point of shaking him. "You need to SNAP OUT OF THIS, Yarin."

"I just need to vector in some new coordinates and --"

This time, Aquilai did shake him.

"Yarin!! COME TO YOUR SENSES!!" Aquilai said. "It's been a week now. If they were still amongst the living, we would have located them by now, for certain!"

Yarin made to argue, and Aquilai nearly slapped him.

"No! No, Yarin." he said, incensed. "You are becoming obsessed. If Blue and Demos survived the blast from the Reach warship, and that's a big if, then they'll find some way to contact us. But we can't spend anymore time out here looking for a white whale that may never show up again."

It was cold. It was ruthless.

It was necessary.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5927 on: July 31, 2016, 06:03:58 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER THREE:
Spoutin' Off

"Don't compare me to Ahab, Time Lord," Yarin said, irritated at the comparison. "I know what I'm doing. We're close to find them!"

"You said that every hour of every day for past week," Goom said. He was exaggerating, of course. Yarin didn't say anything the hours when he slept. "And we still have yet to locate them."

"We're close," Yarin said, stubbornly.

"No, Yarin," Aquilai disagreed, releasing the Nyac. "No, we're not."

"Any moment now, we'll --"

"Yarin, give it up." Goom said, pragmatically. "I want to believe that they're alive as much as you do, but it's time to face facts. They're more likely dead than alive. In either case, we cannot find them. We do not have the time or manpower to search every square inch of the ocean."

"Not to mention that you've barely slept or eaten anything, Yarin," Aquilai said. "You're even looking a bit emaciated. Yarin, you need to end your obsession with this."

"It's my fault . . ." Yarin said, quietly to himself. "I have to find them. . . . My fault . . ."

"You feel guilty. Fine. But there is nothing to be gained by this. There is nothing to be gained by driving yourself into the dirt like this." Aquilai said. "There are other ways of dealing with your guilt than this, Yarin."

"Um, guys?" Goom said, looking out of the ****pit.

"But . . . I have to find them. I . . . I have to . . ." Yarin said, wearing his guilt out on his sleeve.

"I hate to be so blunt about this, Yarin, but -- you can't. You tried and failed." Aquilai said, quite seriously. "It is madness to continue something that is this futile."

"Guys?" Goom prompted again.

"I . . . I c-can't. I have to find them. M-my f-fault. It's my f-fault," Yarin said, sounding rather damaged psychologically, overburdened with guilt.

"Yarin, pull it together," Aquilai said, bracingly, "stop blaming yourself. That's hardly healthy."

Guys!!" Goom shouted.

"What?" both asked.

"Water spout, dead ahead!!" the Goomba shouted.

"Oh, wonderful," Yarin said, snapping out his reverie.

"Get us out of here, Yarin!" Aquilai demanded.

This time Yarin listened, and piloted his ship well outside the water spout's range and back to the forum.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5928 on: August 01, 2016, 06:16:26 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER FOUR:
Stranded

A week ago, Blue and Demos were clutching bits of the shattered submersible's hull for dear life as the ocean rocked, rolled, and roiled around them. Their energy, their strength was being steadily sapped away. Neither could really afford a fully-conked-out sleep, but they managed momentary periods of rest every twenty minutes or so.

Both desperately pined for land. They didn't have the strength to clutch onto life any longer, not waterlogged in this wet hellhole. They clung to the submersible debris without either uttering so much as a syllable of a word. They hadn't the energy to waste for it. Not to mention that they, themselves, were wasting away. They were out here for god knows how long without a scrap of food or a drop of drinkable water. They would be emaciated and dehydrated before long if they did not find land soon.

But, fortunately, they did not stay in the drink too long. They soon washed up on a sandy beach. And there they lay for a good long while, while the sun dried off their sopping clothes.

"Another silk suit," Demos complained hoarsely and dramatically, "destroyed beyond repair."

"Oh, shut up, Demos," Blue said, grumpily.

After that, they just lay there in silence, dozing off and on for next few moments. Eventually, they got up when hunger and thirst began to basically throttle them, so they headed into the forest that begun where the beach ended.

There they found a bevy of succulent fruit that appeased both their hunger and thirst. They quickly ate several, discarding the cores (and help spreading the plant's seeds in the process). This could have been a stupid idea, because, for all they knew, the fruit could have been poisonous. It wasn't, but it was a possibility.

With their hunger satiated and their thirst slaked, they sat back down on the warm sand to allow their still-damp clothes and bodies to dry. Whilst doing this, they mulled over their options. They had no communications -- that was lost with the submersible. They had no way to contact the form, nor did they have any way to contact them. They were undeniably stranded.

But they had plenty of that fruit to survive on, at least for a while. And now, they would wait. Wait for rescue. . . .
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:18:31 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5929 on: August 01, 2016, 01:06:31 PM »
Robinson Bluesoe!

And PDF:

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5930 on: August 02, 2016, 03:49:07 AM »
Something like that, I suppose.

New chapter.

CHAPTER FIVE:
Impromptu Exploration

"Well," Demos said, after a while, "I'm going to explore the island."

"Demos, it's far more prudent for us to stay in one spot," Blue said, pragmatically.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Demos said, unconcernedly.

"Demos!" Blue said.

"Don't henpeck me, Blue," Demos said, already drawing a considerable distance from the ninja.

Blue felt slightly offended at the implication of him being an overbearing or nagging personality. But he was a prudent person, and what Demos was doing was just being reckless and careless.

"I'm not henpecking you," Blue said, with considerable and admirable dignity. "I'm just warning you against being so reckless, Demos! You're acting without thinking. Again."

"What's that? What did you say, Blue?" Demos said, indifferently, feigning deafness. "I'm afraid I can't hear ya."

Blue was irritated, but proceeded to chase after Demos, though part of Blue wondered why the hell he should bother. Let Demos fall to his own carelessness and recklessness. Maybe he'd learn some humility.

. . . A humble demon. Yeah. Yeah, that'd be the day.

"Demos!" Blue said, continually getting slapped in the face by the lush vegetation. They were clearly somewhere close to the equator, given how warm and muggy it was at this particular time of year. "Demos, do use your common sense!!"

Demos did not deign to answer, still feigning deafness.

"Ugh," Blue grumbled. "I swear that I'm gonna throttle him."

Blue continued his pursuit of the flighty demon, cursing the fact that he probably should abandon him to his own impetuousness. But Blue's isn't the kind of person who likes leaving a friend for dead. Which was ironic for someone trained by the League of Assassins.

"Demos!" Blue called out again, ignoring the chittering and chattering birds would seemed to want to give their imput on the situation. "Demos! This isn't a game!!"

Blue was really getting fed up with this feigned deafness nonsense.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5931 on: August 03, 2016, 07:15:26 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER SIX:
The Monolith

"Demos, I swear to god, if you don't stop acting like you can't hear me, so help me --" Blue said, pushing his way through the underbrush. He hadn't taken his usual weapons and bags of ninja tricks with him in the submersible, so he was pretty much unarmed, aside from his ninjitsu. Blue allowed himself a growl of frustration when he saw that Demos had -- somehow -- put some considerable distance away from each other. Yeah, that most certainly fell under the bracket of irritating.

Following him was not any fun. Blue found himself insisting on taking his ninjabo with him. Or at least even a measly shurriken. But no. He had to leave them all in his thread. And, of course, he needed them. Why does that always seem to happen? When you don't need something, you always seem to have it, but when you need it, it's nowhere to be found!

Blue had to continue to push through the vegetation, which seemed to grow thicker and thicker the further he pushed on, the further inland he went. How Demos was able to do this without being as hassled with this as he was . . . then again, Demos was a demon. He was probably using some demon power.

Eventually, he caught up with Demos, who was peering intently over something. Demos noticed Blue's presence without so much as an acknowledging glance.

"Blue, c'mere." Demos said, all levity left him. "Take a look at this."

Blue did and his reaction was lethally laced with sarcasm, "Oh my god! A giant rock!"

"Look on the rock," Demos said, not caring for the acidic sarcasm.

Upon the stone was something that looked rough-hewn at first, but giving it more than just a cursory look. The markings were indelible and expertly hewn, though there were missing bits and pieces betraying the age of the monolith. It showed two benevolent figures, one with devil horns, walking into a village. The missing bits and pieces made it difficult to decipher the rest.

"It foretells the Dairy Queen incident," Demos said.

"It most certainly does not," Blue said at once. "And we said that we would never speak of it again. It didn't work wonders for our public relations."

"We were off-duty," Demos said, with an indifferent shrug. Disregard for such potential death and loss was a demonic impulse that Demos was working to curb. He didn't catch this particular sentiment as immoral, though. "And no one was hurt."

"Just be glad that the likes of Bern Bridges haven't gotten their grubby mitts on evidence of it," Blue said. He wasn't all that particularly proud of his actions. They had done the Dairy Queen incident on impulse, and impulse alone. He had allowed himself to be talked into it by Demos, and has come to regret it ever since.

"We weren't doing anything wrong," Demos said, airily.

"We ro-- you know, never mind. We need to go back to the beach and wait for the others to find us." Blue said.

"No," Demos said. "This monolith tells of a story that I want to check out the veracity of."

"That's reckless." Blue.said.

"The good kind, then."Demo and said

Blue glowered at Demos.

"There's a map on it," Demos said. He had investigated a small alcove and discovered a small scroll of remarkably preserved paper. It was, indeed, a map. But to where? That was unknown.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5932 on: August 03, 2016, 07:14:58 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER SEVEN:
Chasing a Waterfall

"There!" Blue said, his irritation building a head of steam for the past few hours that they followed the map. Blue was sure they were following the damn thing for at least a week. "There! You see?! We spent days -- DAYS -- following that stupid of yours! Pushing through all this thick vegetation just to find a cave with a bird-shaped hole."

Demos seemed to pay this outburst no mind, and kept looking back at the map, as if he was afraid of missing something.

"But is that it? Oh-ho-ho-ho no. Then we ford a friggin' leech-infested river." Blue went on, unable to keep his cool any longer. It's really admirable that he managed this long. "Then the next one with carnivorous piranhas! Piranhas! I nearly had my keister bitten!"

Demos seemed not to be paying Blue the least bit of attention.

"Then the hot spring with the homicidal monkeys!" Blue raged. "Fortunately, I talked you out of from bathing in it, because they'd probably steal our clothes and murder us if we tried to get them back!"

Demos seemed to continue to ignore his complaints.

"Nor the fact that we were lost for a day and a half!!" Blue snarled, continuing his tirade. "Then that cliff with the pillars? Completely impossible to exist naturally, but unnecessarily dangerous as well!"

Demos wasn't paying attention.

"The crying statue head in the mountain was there, I'd admit. So was the bat-belching cave like an alligators mouth, but this?" Blue said, gesturing to the waterfall directly before them with a rather bullet-shaped slab of stone in front of them, that Demos was consulting every so often. "This should prove that it's a friggin wild goose chase!!"

"There could be a path behind the waterfall," Demos said, pragmatically.

"How'd I let myself get suckered into this?" Blue asked rhetorically. His irritation was starting to transmogrify into resigned acceptance. "Chasing waterfalls?"

Of course, this is when a small, lithe female troll with icy blue skin and snow white hair burst from the waterfall running full tilt. It was almost as if she was trying to avoid something.

"Well, didn't expect that." Demos said, calmly.

Then two hulking mountains of men -- well, male trolls -- with beat red skin and long ebony hair stalked angrily and hostilely from the waterfall, giving chase to the troll woman.

"Well, you don't see that every day," Blue commented warily.

The two bulky brutes managed to each seize an arm of the female, not even noticing the two RAFians, and the female -- due to feeling hostility and aggression, apparently -- had her blue skin burn into beat red skin and her hair colored the deepest of ebony. Neither of the RAFians said anything as the two male trolls dragged the female, who clearly wanted to escape from wherever they were going back to now.

"Told you you that there may have been a path behind the waterfall."

"Shut up, Demos."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5933 on: August 04, 2016, 12:10:45 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER EIGHT:
Demos, Get Back Here!

"Wait! Demos! Where do think you're going?!" Blue demanded at once, unintentionally sounding rather like a parent, as Demos charged through the waterfall. Demos ignored the logical demands from the grounded ninja, as he ran full tilt down the path behind and came to immense troll metropolis, more comfortable to live in than the trolls in the Bannedlands, which is why being sent there to live is considered such a punitive thing.

Demos, in his glee and excitement, as he ran down to the metropolis, sang as he tried to absorb everything.

"What's this? What's this?
There's reds and blues everywhere!
What's this?
There's gold things in the air!
What's this?
I can't believe my eyes!
I must be dreaming!
Wake up, Demos, this isn't fair!
What's this?
"

"Demos!" Blue shouted, reluctantly following Demos. He felt so exposed. He rather have stuck to the shadows, rather than be in the metaphorical spotlight right now. But Demos.seemed blissfully unaware of this. Or the attention that he was garnering.

"What's this? What's this?
There's something very wrong!
What's this?
There's trolls singing songs!
"

"Demos! Will you kindly knock it off?!" Blue said through gritted teeth, but Demos continued with his song.

"What's this?
The streets are lined with
Red and blue trolls laughing.
Everybody seems so happy!
Have I possibly gone daffy?
What is this?
What's this?
"

"'Daffy' is certainly one word for it," Blue said, still feeling very uncomfortable.

"There's children throwing mudballs
Instead of throwing heads!
They're busy building buildings,
And absolutely no one's dead!

"Just wait until I get my hands on you, Demos, then," Blue growled, not understanding why he can't catch up to Demos.

"Oh, look.
What's this?
They're hanging gold, they kiss.
Why that looks so unique. Inspired!
They're gathering around to hear a story
Roasting their nuts on a fire!
What's this?
They're covering the houses with tiny little things
They've got golden beads on strings
And there's a smile on everyone,
So, now, correct me if I'm wrong --
This looks like fun!
This looks like fun
Oh, is this the truest of truth dish?
What's this?
"

"Will you bloody well come here?!" Blue snarled. Demos did not comply.

"The Banned are all missing,
And the Super Trolls can't be found!
And in their place there seems to be,
Good feeling all around!
Instead of screams, I swear,
I can hear music in the air
The smell of cakes and pies
Are absolutely everywhere!
The sights, the sounds!
They're everywhere and all around!
I've never felt so good before!
This empty place inside of me is filling up!
I simply cannot get enough!
I want it, oh, I want it!
Oh, I want it for my own!
I've got to know!
I've got to know!
What is this place that I have found?
What is this?
"

Demos looked up at a sign, and seemingly was able to read it, as he said, "Neo Ogygia? Hmmm. . . ."

"You demonic dope!" Blue said, frustration mangling his words. "You see the unnecessary attention you drew?!"

"It was just a song," Demos said, noncommittally, with a shrug of his shoulders. Besides, look.

"They're . . . worshiping us?" Blue said, as a majority of them bent over in reverence.

"We're mods to them," Demos said, with a smile. Blue never liked it when he smiled like that.

SOURCE SONG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPblZa10_Pk

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5934 on: August 04, 2016, 05:12:58 AM »
Is this gonna be used to deter people from applying for staff? :P

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5935 on: August 04, 2016, 05:29:05 AM »
Nah. It just based around the movie, "Road to El Dorado". And the song "It's Tough to Be a God".

New chapter.

CHAPTER NINE:
A Professional RAFian

"Mods?" Blue said with a derisive snort. "We're not mods."

"Maybe not in RAF, but here?" Demos said, soaking in the worshipping trolls. "They think we're gods -- er, mods!"

"This somehow feels sacrilegious or blasphemous or something like that," Blue said. "We're not -- if Richard and the real mods here about this, it could have serious . . ."

"Go with it, Blue!" Demos said, enthusiastically, quieting Blue's qualms momentarily as he sung to these trolls:

"When I was just a lad looking for my true vocation
My mother said, 'Now, son, this choice deserves deliberation.
Though you could be a doctor or perhaps a financier,
My boy, why not consider a more challenging career?'
Hey, ho, ho!
You'll cruise to foreign shores,
And you'll keep your mind and body sound
By working out of doors!
True friendship and adventure are what we can't live without!
And when you're a professional RAFian . . .
That's what the job's about.
Now, take our CloakedFigure; the Walkers all despise him,
But to the RAFians he's a hero and they idolize him!
It's how you look at RAFians that makes them bad or good
And I see us as members of a noble brotherhood!
Hey, ho, ho!
We're honorable men and women.
And before we lose our tempers we will always count to ten!
On occasion, there may be monsters you have to execute,
But when you're a professional RAFian,
You don't have to wear a suit!
"

"What?" Blue asked, thoroughly nonplussed.

"Just go with it," Demos said, before continuing his song.

"I could have been a surgeon.
I like taking things apart!
I could have been a lawyer,
But I just had too much heart.
Some say that RAFians kill and should be feared and hated,
But I say we're victims of bad press; it's all exaggerated!
We'd never stab you in the back, we'd never lie or cheat!
We're just about the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet!
Hey, ho, ho!
It's one for all for one!
And we'll share-and-share-alike with you and love you like a son!
We're gentlemen of fortune and that's what we're proud to be,
And when you're a professional RAFian . . .
You'll be honest, brave, and free!
The soul of decency!
You'll be loyal and fair and on the square
And most importantly —
When you're a professional RAFian . . .
You're always in the best of company!
"

"Seriously, Demos?" Blue said.

"C'mon, Blue. Have a little fun!"

"Do you know the amount of trouble we could into?" Blue said. "I still remember the con on the Bannedlands. I still remember the Dairy Queen Incident."

"Relax, Blue, old boy!"

SOURCE SONG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrj8EZm9ca8
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:24:26 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5936 on: August 04, 2016, 10:08:11 AM »
Third new chapter of the day. I promise the next chapters will lay off the song adaptations.

CHAPTER TEN:
Title Drop

That night, the surprisingly amicable troll chief, Chief H'ryv D'tn, decided to throw a large, elaborate feast in the RAFians honor, dubbing them officially as mods. The whole festivities were led by Priestess Br'ttyn H'll'yr.

Blue and Demos were given chance to bathe and change into clean attire, though Neo Ogygian clothing was provided, not their preferred outfits, as the Neo Ogygians had no way to replicate them.

When the two RAFians emerged from their rather extravagant lodgings, Blue sang:

"I hardly think I'm qualified
To come across all sanctified.
I just don't cut it with the cherubim.
"

"Blue, what are you talking about?!" Demos interjected, then sang:

"There, again, they're on their knees.
Being worshipped is a breeze!
Which rather suits us in the interim.
"

Blue perked up a bit, singing:

"Interim, interim,
It's me and him!
"

The both sang, as the approached the esplanade, gently cutting through a forming crowd:

"It's tough to be a mod.
Tread where trolls haven't trod.
"

Demos distracted the crowds with feats of pyrokinetic skill and mastery, as Blue sang:

"Be deified when, really, you're a sham!"

Then both sang:

"Be an object of devotion.
Be the subject of psalms.
"

Demos sang as he and Blue sat upon a gold statuary of their heads. These trolls were quick in construction.

"It's a rather touching notion.
All those prayers and those salaams.
"

Blue sang:

"And who am I to bridle
If I'm forced to be an idol?
If they say that I'm a mod
Then that's what I am!
"

Then he sang in an aside to Demos as they watched three hulking troll males slice into watermelons, preparing them to serve:

"What's more, if we don't comply
With the locals' wishes,
I can see us being sacrificed,
Or stuffed.
"

"You have a point there. Very good thinking." Demos said. "So, let's be mods!"

Then he sang:

"The perks are great!
This place is on our plates.
Local feelings should not be rebuffed!
"

Demos sang:

"Never rebuffed.
I never rebuffed a local feeling,
No, my friend!
"

Then both sang:

"It's tough to be a mod.
But if you get the people's nod,
Count your blessings --
Yeah, keep 'em sweet --
That's our great advice!
Be a symbol of perfection!
Be a legend!
Be a cult!
Take their praise.
Take a collection
As the multitudes exalt.
"

Demos:

"Don a supernatural habit."

Blue:

"We'd be crazy not to grab it!"

Demos said, "You got it!"

Then both sang the final verse:

"So, sign on two new mods
For paradise!
Par-a-dise!
"

A brief silence follows, before Blue asked, "What if Cloak finds out? He found out about both the con job and the Dairy Queen Incident."

"Oh, how is he supposed to find us here? On this remote island?" Demos asked.

SOURCE SONG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dotsOGOLOHY
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 05:22:52 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5937 on: August 05, 2016, 05:25:50 AM »
New chapter. Sorry about the brevity.

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
Interrogation

"I'm not here to play games, Calypso," Cloak said, seriously.

"Why do want to know where Ogygia is?" she asked him. She had been imprisoned on the island for so long, she just wanted to forget about it. She was free now. Finally free. And she just wanted to live like a mortal, a hard-working mortal. "It's not even there anymore. It's existence was reliant on my presence there, dwelling there."

"There's something more," Cloak said. He didn't know why he felt so certain. He just had a gut feeling, after he heard from Yarin where the submersible was located with the Reach Armada. He knew it was near Ogygia, from the coordinates, his grandfather having visited there for an hour or two once roughly sixty Nexus years ago. And his grandfather never Walked often. Not nearly as much as his grandson and inheritor of his elemental abilities. "Something you're hiding from me."

"Why would I ever do --"

"Spit it out," Cloak growled. He was getting testy.

"Walker, I don't know what --"

"There's another island, isn't there?" Cloak said, almost as if he could use Legimency.

"I never said that there was --"

"Where is it?" Cloak said, using his Earthsight as an impromptu polygraph. "Near Avalon?"

"Why are you --" Calypso said, unaware of her body betraying her in this manner.

"No? Was it near Ogygia?" Cloak asked, not.questioning how she knew this.

"I don't know," Calypso said, with irritation.

"Hmmmm, so it is," Cloak said, divining the truth. "Thank you for your help, Calypso. Maybe next time you can work on being a better liar."

With that Cloak swept from the room, as Calypso made a quiet huffing noise at the insult, and made a beeline for where old Ogygia was, which was where the Neo Ogygia island was now. He was absolutely certain and confident that's where Blue and Demos were.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5938 on: August 06, 2016, 11:39:13 AM »
I think you posted the same chapter twice? O.o

Also, have we met Calypso in Memoirs continuity before? I don't remember T_T

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5939 on: August 06, 2016, 05:41:33 PM »
I think you posted the same chapter twice? O.o

Fixed. I don't know why I did that.

Also, have we met Calypso in Memoirs continuity before? I don't remember T_T

No. You're probably thinking of the one in the Percy Jackson series.

Cloak was aware of her existence, though.

:edit: New chapter.

CHAPTER TWELVE:
Demo's Good Advice

"I know a man named Otis
Who built a room, and his heart was filled with pride.
I said to Mr. Otis, 'What does your room do?'
He said, 'It goes from side-to-side.'
So I said, 'Mr. Otis, if you take my advice,
'You’ll be the richest man in town.
'You’ve gotta take that room that moves side-to-side,
'And make it go up-and-down!'
And that was good advice.
Good advice.
Good advice costs nothing
And it’s worth the price.
I sincerely doubt that
The world could do without
My good advice.
A man named Mr. Waterman invented a tube.
He was sad, because it sprung a little leak.
He said, 'Darn it.  When I hold my tube up to a piece of paper,
'The ink leaks out and makes a little streak.'
He said, 'I’ve got to find a way to stop that leak.
'I start working on my leak-proof tube again.'
I said, 'Waterman, you idiot! Don’t stop that leak,
'You just invented the fountain pen!'
Good advice.
I’m so worldly wise,
I should get the Nobel Prize for
Good advice.
Good old Henry Ford was a hardworking man.
He worked all night and all day.
I said, 'Henry, whatcha doing?'
And Henry, he said, 'I’m inventing the Chevrolet.'
He said, 'I’ve already built twenty-five models.
One for each letter, from "A" to "Z".'
I said, 'Henry, you fool!
'There are twenty-six letters in the alphabet!'
He said, 'Good heavens, I forgot the Model "T"!'
Good advice.
It’s helpful as can be,
And it’s absolutely free!
My good advice.
Oohka Magook was a Neanderthal man.
A very poorly educated soul.
He had a great big thing made of solid stone
And in the middle of it was a hole.
One day, he had to go from his cave in Natches
To his uncle’s cave in Mobile.
I said, 'Round off those corners and buy yourself a pair of tires
And Ooky, baby, that’s a wheel!'
Good advice.
Harvard offered me a Phi Beta key,
For good advice.
Alexander Graham Bell was building a fence
With some wood and a long piece of wire.
He said, “There’s something strange goin’ on around here!
I keep hearing the voice of Uncle Mire!
I said, 'Mr. Graham,'
'With that wire, you’ve got the world in your power!
'Just get a mouthpiece, and an earpiece, and a part in between
'And you’ll sponsor the telephone hour!'
Good advice.
Every word you hear
Is the message of the year.
It’s good advice.
Christopher Columbus was a seaman, second-class
When I told him that the Indies could be found
By sailing to the west, instead of sailing to the east.
I advised him that I thought the world was round.
I really thought so.
Then I sat him down to as dear Queen Isabelle
To pawn her jewels for all they’re worth.
Next day, he set sail, and as everyone knows,
He fell off the edge of the Earth.
Now, that was bad advice.
Bad advice.
Bad advice is just as the same as
Good advice.
Everyone makes occasional mistakes,
And that was –
Bad . . . advice!
"

"Demos," Blue said, somewhat pedantic, "these peopls have no idea who those people are."

"So what? It makes for a good story," Demos said. Then added, "And song."

"The mods should play ball!" Priestess Br'ttyn H'll'yr announced suddenly, taking the two by surprise and introducing them to a grand pitch with two stone walls and a stone circular hoop high, high up on one side. It was very Mesoamerican, very pok-a-tok.

Then she snapped her fingers and fifteen monstrous mountains of troll males came galloping to the area. Blue and Demos, despite not really showing it, felt somewhat intimidated. They weren't villains like the Gossamer Shaw or anything but they were intimidating in their own right.

Priestess Br'ttyn H'll'yr spoke, "My mods, these men are the finest ball players in the city. Fifteen of them . . . against the two of you."

Demos looked at him as if he couldn't be serious. Blue just facepalmed.

"I do realize that it's a bit uneven," she said, "but I do hope that they'll challenge you enough to make the game . . . interesting. PLAY BALL!!"

Then she addressed the two, "CRUSH them into dust. Heh heh. Enjoy!"

Song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzp4gnxgWxc
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 06:29:51 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)