Author Topic: ebooks gone  (Read 17215 times)

Offline blueripplesa

Re: ebooks gone
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »
Did they seriously think that we could get the source of origin confused?  Does someone want to tell me where THAT thought came from? That just seems like bunch of dirt...copyright issues, okay, but...man, this is dissapointing.  I think I'll go cry in a corner with Vickie...

Offline Explodoboy

« Reply #241 on: November 19, 2010, 11:21:47 PM »
 :D I would love that file!!!!!!! Gimme! Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!!! Ahem.....sorry....I mean....I would really appreciate such a useful file.

Post Merged: November 19, 2010, 11:22:34 PM
Sorry, forgot to give my email:  zyborg321@earthlink.net

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2010, 12:23:00 AM »
The e-books were taken down off of RAF at the request of Scholastic themselves. Any mention of being able to access the e-books through RAF in any form, even through conversion to audiobooks cannot be tolerated. Please go elsewhere to discuss the distribution of e-books, as this behavior cannot be condoned on RAF. Thanks
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #243 on: November 20, 2010, 12:55:56 AM »
estrid, you merged an old post into this thread changing the name. lemme fix this :P
okay, i'm just going to go ahead and delete the first post and move the discussion here.

Hey,

If anyone is interested, I have converted the entire catalog of animorphs ebooks to mp3's using text-to-speech software.  Obviously it isn't as good as the current project, but if you need something to hold you over, it works.

You can tell it's a computer speaking, but it doesn't sound half bad.  Would anyone like this?

I don't know where I can post these... If anyone knows, let me know.

Thanks!

The e-books were taken down off of RAF at the request of Scholastic themselves. Any mention of being able to access the e-books through RAF in any form, even through conversion to audiobooks cannot be tolerated. Please go elsewhere to discuss the distribution of e-books, as this behavior cannot be condoned on RAF. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:00:05 AM by goom »

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2010, 01:01:00 AM »
oops, didnt realize. my messed up eye and tendinitis are making me a bad candidate for computarized tasks this evening. good thing i got you to watch my back :)
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2010, 01:17:45 AM »
fixing fixed this topic.

- split this thread (leaving his old one alone in here).
- found an old post of mine (before his was made) and merged that with his, bumping my post to the top of the ebooks thread.
- merged this back, making mine on top and his deletable.

edit:

fixed the two blog posts' links to the thread. let me know if anything else is incorrect. :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:47:33 AM by goom »

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2010, 02:11:49 AM »

I have all of the ebooks saved, but I'm not giving them to anybody even if they pay me. ESPECIALLY if they pay me. (shudder) No, I don't want to go down that road...

Can we please just close this thread?

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2010, 02:34:30 AM »
this thread is open for members/newcomers to discuss the ebook removal.
we're not going to close it, just remove offending posts and discourage talk of ebook downloading.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2010, 04:23:19 AM »

Oh ok. That's not so bad then, I guess...

Offline t0bias

• vote for toby '09
« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2010, 12:41:36 AM »
but this isn't fair at all! i really want to read the book i'm up to but suddenly there's no books here any more!
never give up, never surrender,

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2010, 02:15:23 AM »
While it may not be 'fair', it is completely right. Scholastic owns all of the rights for the series, and if they decide that they don't want us distributing them, then that's that.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2010, 10:06:41 AM »
While it may not be 'fair', it is completely right. Scholastic owns all of the rights for the series, and if they decide that they don't want us distributing them, then that's that.

This. It's not like it was paid for by us to read them. It's their stuff. We have to live with it. *shrugs*

Offline Funky Poacher

• beach day Beach Day BEACH DAY
« Reply #252 on: November 29, 2010, 01:21:36 PM »
I'm mostly mad at myself over this whole thing. I had the first half of the series, plus some Chronicles and Megamorphs. When I was 17, I desperately needed to downsize my book collection, and Animorphs were the first to go. It sucks because I had them, and I'm not one to pay for something twice. Especially when it's going to take them so bloody long to release the re-releases. And I still don't care for these 'updates' or whatever to the books.

Bah.
"Scientists get funky about having their research poached" - Byers

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #253 on: November 29, 2010, 04:51:18 PM »
It's too bad the ebooks are gone. Even though I have them all there is no way to gain new readers now that there is no form of the books for free or for sale since they are out of print.

Alic

« Reply #254 on: November 29, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »
get em on ebay :p

that's what i did.