Author Topic: Working on a conversion. Need help.  (Read 891 times)

Offline White Rabbit

Working on a conversion. Need help.
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »
So I'm working on a conversion project, moving all of the PDFs over to a general e-book format for use on Kindle, Nook, etc.  The problem I'm running into is that all of my hard copies of the books are in storage half a country away.  This is where you guys can help me.  I need the first lines from a few of the books chapters.  The PDFs I have are mostly missing chapter markings, so I don't know where to code the chapter breaks.  Would anyone be willing to donate a few minutes to look up these lines for me?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Working on a conversion. Need help.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »
Considering RAF's official position on this matter is to avoid violating copyright law (and consequently avoid incurring the wrath of Scholastic) by no longer hosting e-books here or contributing openly to the construction of e-books... if one were hypothetically attempting a project such as the one you suggest here, they would hypothetically need to conduct it in a private interaction outside the purview of RAF-proper, instead of publicly in the middle of the forum. That being said, talking to the members of the AudioBooks project might hypothetically be a way of getting that done, but we certainly would not actually suggest doing such a thing, since it would be violating copyright if it was done without the blessing of Scholastic.

We also absolutely would not suggest that the membership of the Pir8 Bay has perhaps already done what is being hypothetically discussed in this thread.

*shifty eyes*
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time