Author Topic: Eh hem. *waves* :)  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Eh hem. *waves* :)
« on: October 19, 2009, 04:04:18 PM »
Hello.  ;D I'm Steph. But you can call me "Steph the Mighty." Or "Most Exalted Destroyer of My Pride." You can cower before my mighty thumbs and...

...Oh. Right. Sorry. Eh hem. Let's start again, shall we?

I'm Steph. I'm new on here... well, I lurked occasionally, but still. :P Now I'm legit!

I am here for one reason and one reason only: All my friends and family think I'm mad as a hatter whenever I start talking about Animorphs. And also, if it hadn't been for Animorphs, I wouldn't have spent so much time on the internet as an early adolescent. XD So, you know, it seems only right that I come here now.

Anyway. I'm here because of the Animorphs discussion, and because y'all've got those *points to eBooks* whereas some guy on Amazon insists on challenging my fangirl tendencies by asking a ridiculous price for Animorphs #51 (the only book I'm missing. AGH!)

Oi... and for the record. XD You can call me Steph/Genie/Genies whatever. :P No one's called me the latter two since... erm... the last time I used the chatrooms on AOL. Many, many years ago.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:04:40 AM by Genies9 »

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
Re: Eh hem. *waves* :)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
Oh, a new RAFian ^^ And a true one! You already don't have any sanity (if you don't understand that word, it's OK). wHELLcome, man!
Heh, come with me, I have something to show you. It's here, after this door *Open a heavy door* We call them the RAFprojects. *Lead Genies to a long and dark hallway, with many doors, some in the dark, some with light coming from the other side. Arrive near the first door* Here at your left...

- The Ebooks project: [Help wanted!] Animorphs (http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0), Remnants (http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,157.0.html <= finished) and Everworld (http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,331.0.html); we need somebody to scan the volume #10 of Everworld, and the other Everworld/Animorphs ebooks need to be cleaned a little (mistakes, we don't know where the chapters begin and finish, etc.) so if you wanna be a correcter... call me, I head that projects.

Facing it is...

- RAFipedia: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?board=22.0, an encyclopedia headed up by Estelore, our star (a true star, who make light and burn in space... but she has a body to come on Earth);

Next it's...

- the Audiobooks project: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?board=15.0, a full-cast audio version of Animorphs who need more "actors" and voices, headed by Kit Cloudkicker (Jess), MrGuy, Morfowt, and Wildweathel;

and here...

- the Translation project: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1907.0.html, a recently started project/mutual support group for translations into other languages; currently only in French (Tocade, Anidragon and myself), Chinese (Morfowt), Indonesian (Nat), Swedish (Mira and Zana), and Esperanto (Wildweathel); we translate only the volumes never edited in our countries/languages, to make the ebooks;

You also have...

- the Graphic Novel project: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,416.0.html and http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,2276.0.html, a Webcomic headed by Gafrash.

here and facing it is...

- the RPG project: a role-playing game (on table, with paper, pen and dices...) about the World of Animorphs; I head this project, and it'll be write in French at the beginning, but we need help to find, class and write everything we know about the species, the planets, the powers we see in Animorphs, fix them, see what we keep and what we can't keep (because of the KASU, not clear, exception for the main characters/books, etc.), complete the knowledges about species/planets we know and even create new species/planets...; this project will be on my own website, so if you wanna join, ask me the link ^^ ;

At the end it's...

- the Smiley project: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1691.0.html, we make Animated gifs, smileys about Animorphs (Andalites, Hork-Bajirs...);

and...

- the RAFkaraoke: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,3150.0.html, where we make songs and sing them... It's pretty new... But please sing with us!

*Standing in front of you* I hope you enjoyed your visit. Oh, and I also invite you to add your species on this list: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,2154.0.html 'coz everybody isn't Human here. And we like to know who is what... For example, as you'll probably see, I'm a Controller.

Now I have to go, I don't invite you for the meal, sorry. *Beginning to go down dark stairs. You can hear a cry coming from the cave.*
Have fun!
*You're now alone in the hallway*
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 04:54:07 PM »
Welcome to RAF! I'm Gaz, nice to meet you.

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »
Hi there!  Welcome to RAF!  I'm sure you'll have a great time here.  I'm Horsefan, but you can call me Horse, Horsie, or Seal.  Because I am a seal...but whatever.

If you have any questions, I'd advise PMing our distinguished staff, Richard, Esplin9466, Phoenix004, Claire, and Goom.  They'll help ya out.

I think I'm gonna wait a little bit for our...initiation, get used to the madness that is RAF.  Welcome again!
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »
thanks, seal! :)

welcome to the forum, genie. your asterisk-usage is outstanding!
*goom overuses these things*

ah, nice avatar. house is great.

Offline Faerie Larka

• The Patron RAFian of Sarcasm
  • God
  • "They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm."
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »
Helloooooooooo.  How are you "Steph the Mighty?"  Welcome to RAF :)  Hope you have an absolutely fanstastically wonderful time.

your asterisk-usage is outstanding!

Yes.  I approve.

BYTHEWAY!  Your sanity? SAYONARA!  SAY IT!  SAAAAAAAAAAY IT!  *ahem*

Yep.
RAFdating the Ellimist!  :D
Jess is my RAFWanderTwin!!

"Look like the innocent flower/ But be the serpent under't"
-Lady Macbeth

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 07:14:56 PM »
Haha, "Most Exalted Destroyer of My Pride."  That made me LOL.  That quote was from #35, am I right?

Anyway, I'm DinosaurNothlit, but you can call me Dino, DN, or Nothlit.

You'll like it here.  I can already tell.  ;D

BTW, have you tried Abe Books for #51?  They have pretty good prices on the books they have, and last I checked, I think they had most of them.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 07:34:14 PM »

*cough; wave*

Hi. I'm Kit Cloudkicker. Cookies if you know where I hail from....but, I digress. Everyone calls me Jess. :)

Welcome to RAF! We're glad to have you.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 12:00:39 AM »
:P The quote is from #35. I've had it on my facebook favorite quotes for ages, just waiting to bring it out. XD

And thank you all for the welcome. ^_^ It's always such a relief to not be the only crazy person, isn't it?

My own sanity, what's left of it, is packing its bags as we speak and muttering something about how I've always been a lost cause anyway.

Alic

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 12:22:12 AM »
welcome. :)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 12:35:04 AM »
RAF is an amazing place simply because of the members. i thought i'd never find another serious animorph fan until i found this place.
godsend, i tell ya.

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 12:50:14 AM »
Well, Steph.

Howdy! I'm new here, too! And I wish that I'd spent so much of my time on the internet as an early adolescent. *sigh*  :'(

Also, that's a fantastic quote and reference. :)

Also, you're an amazing and wonderful person. :)

*leans over to Seal* you're not gonna make HER eat a cat, are you?

(Ha! I knew I could make it through an entire post without an elipses! Told you so...  8) )

-------------
 >:(
crap...
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 01:19:11 AM »
Well, Steph.

Howdy! I'm new here, too! And I wish that I'd spent so much of my time on the internet as an early adolescent. *sigh*  :'(

Also, that's a fantastic quote and reference. :)

Also, you're an amazing and wonderful person. :)

*leans over to Seal* you're not gonna make HER eat a cat, are you?

(Ha! I knew I could make it through an entire post without an elipses! Told you so...  8) )

-------------
 >:(
crap...

*patpat* it was an excellent try... what was that about a cat? O.O

Ack! I just discovered all the smileys... how do you people make it through a post without going emoticon happy?? *sits on hands avoid the urge* Never mind how I'm typing without my hands.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 07:32:53 AM »
*swirls his cloak and enters the room.*

Hiya, Genies, I am Cloaky -- the local Realm Walker. . . . What?  Seal, you made adeon eat a cat?  Adeon isn't ALF -- or ARE you?

Genies, clearly you fit in here perfectly.

It's always such a relief to not be the only crazy person, isn't it?

Oh, we're not real -- just facets of your own psyche, and you just don't know it. ;)

Anyway. I'm here because of the Animorphs discussion, and because y'all've got those *points to eBooks* whereas some guy on Amazon insists on challenging my fangirl tendencies by asking a ridiculous price for Animorphs #51 (the only book I'm missing. AGH!)

I've noticed this with Amazon.com with the Ellimist Chronicles.  Upwards of fifty bucks or so last time I've checked.  But thanks to RAF, it's really a moot point now.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 08:16:21 AM »
Hey there, Steph! I'm Ash, welcome to the forum! You should drag the Amazon seller person to your computer and rub the ebooks in their faces..once, then again..and maybe once more, just for dramatic effect ;D
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!