Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 592169 times)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #6255 on: December 16, 2016, 02:44:53 AM »
that's a lot of Realm Walkers at once...

also sorry Cloaky!! i fell behind on chapters again. I'm caught up now though!
My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #6256 on: December 17, 2016, 07:21:09 AM »
It's okay, Abby, it's not.like I'm being as prompt with chapters like I used to. I guess I'm getting older and energy isn't what it used to be.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
The Observatory

Parker was laying upon the floor, disgruntled and humiliated. His armor was overloaded and shorted out. He was furious with the two Realm Walkers responsible, Blastjaws and his grub, Overload. But was that enough?

Oh, no. Of course not.

They had to sing about it. They had to sing about Parker's humiliation.

"Seize the good times!
Too bad they never last.
Especially for a Dweller
Who, against us, could never last.
Ah, yes, these were the good times.
Hope you liked them, little friend,
'Cause here is where the good times
Most decidedly must end!
"

Then he allowed the music to flow a bit before speaking, "Overload?"

His son replied, "Hmm?"

Then Blastjaws began to sing once more:

"Oh, it's a thrill.
Oh, it's such fun
To see an inferior Dweller's dreams
Turn into nightmares, one by one.
It's such a lark.
It's such a joy
To roll our sleeves up
And humiliate this boy!
Oh, it's a kick!
Oh, it's a bash!
When we remove the fancy helmet,
And the neatly placed weapons cache,
And now let's repossess the armor!
"

Overload interjected:

"D'ya think we ought to?"

To which Blastjaws said:

"Why be coy?
C'mon, let's do it!
"

Then both sang:

"Let's humiliate this boy!!"

Blastjaws sang:

"Once he was proud."

Overload repeated:

"Once he was proud!"

"Once he was fine."

"Once he was fine!"

"The very model of RAFian design!
But such is fate.
"

"Too bad, tsk-tsk!"

"I guess he'll have to learn the hard way --"

Then both sang:

"Crossing Walkers involves some risk!"

Then Blastjaws sang:

"And it's so rich."

"So rich."

"And it's so rare."

"So rare!"

"To take his armor, his helmet, his revelry!"

"And then we'll mess his hair!"

"Oh, we'll emasculate him slowly.
All the better to enjoy.
How delicious, to humiliate this boy!!
Take everything he gave him,
All the tech stuff away!
"

Overload complied, ripping the Walker tech from his armor, leaving it looking rather dingy and less impressive. Then the tech evaporated into nothing -- being rather energy-based, not unlike Realm Walkers themselves.

Blastjaws continued:

"Leave him dirty, poor and penniless
Do it, I say!
Now let it rain!
Now let it storm!
"

"Now send some flies into the picture!"

"But how many?"

"Oh, a swarm!"

"Now let 'er rip!
Don't be repressed.
Keep on destroying things,
I've always felt it's what you do the best
"

The both sang:

"Let him have it!
Since you're now aware of our ploy!
"

Then Blastjaws sang:

"It's our pleasure to ruin him!"

"Wreck him!"

"I want him neutralized!"

Then Blastjaws formed a javelin of electricity inside his chitinous jaws. He was prepared to fire it at an armorless, beaten-down Parker. At this range it would be pointblank range. Parker would die. Whether it would be a quick death still remained to be seen.

Source Song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W9vXZncjGvk
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:26:37 AM by Cloak »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
« Reply #6257 on: December 18, 2016, 03:38:51 AM »
...annd Cloaky to the rescue? ;)
My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6258 on: December 18, 2016, 08:38:21 PM »
Perhaps.

Sorry, but no chapter tonight. It's been an exhausting weekend for me.

:edit: Okay, found some energy.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:
Gigavolt Havoc

Blastjaws launched the electrical javelin at Parker, who was aware of this. But his reaction times were not enough to dodge this attack. He had to admit, he felt rather powerless without his armor, and he hated himself for it. He had allowed himself to grow far too dependent on that armor, on the Walker tech within it. He had allowed his other skills -- skills for which he did not require the armor or Tyr for -- to degenerate and atrophy.

How could he have been so stupid? His life was beginning to flash before his eyes. He was going to die. He was going to die here. He knew it. His only regret was not being able to see Helen again. Not being able to feel her soft, gentle embrace again. Not being able to hear her melodic voice and sassy quips again. He desperately missed her already. He was mourning his death already, and he hadn't died yet.

But it seemed inevitable. His communicator was fried, much like his armor's systems. Tyr . . . who knows if he was still alive after that overload. The others wouldn't get here until too late. Much too late. There was nothing left to do for it -- this was how he would bite the big one. Bested by two Realm Walkers, and one a child.

Hmmm . . . the final blow seemed to be taking a while to land. It shouldn't have taken this long. This was odd.

Parker looked around when he opened his eyes, after bracing for the deadly blow that would rob him of life and send him into the cold, albeit reluctant, hands of Death. The blow that never came. He was protected by a golden-scarlet shield.

"Cloak?" Parker asked.

"Nah," Cloak replied, a bit more acidly then intended, "Avatar Aang. Of course, it's me, Parker."

"No need to get huffy," Parker grumbled.

"Now, get up, Parker," Cloak said, tossing him his unique SPARTAN sword. The two Realm Walkers stood between him and his armor. "Cowering is beneath you."

"I wasn't --"

"How DARE you interfere with our discipline," Blastjaws erupted. "How DARE you, not only defy, but break the law designated in the R.D.D. Act!! Have you no honor?!"

"Honor?" Cloak echoed dangerously.

"Oh, they're in for it," Parker said, picking up on this immediately.

"Your actions here, you and your young Hatchling, prove that neither one of you understand a thing about honor," Cloak said, with a low growl. Fatigue was starting to become even more self-evident, but he chose to ignore it. "But, I see how you work. You act first, justify later. You do elaborate mental gymnastics to make everything fit into your little narrative. Facts be Veiled!"

"I didn't come here to hear the petty little judgements of an outcast," Blastjaws countered. "You're nothing more than a renegade, a rogue, Elements Master. An embarrassment to your esteemed mother, and your noble grandfather's shamed pupil. Meanwhile, I am a loyal general to the Council, and the R.D.D Act."

Cloak did not know the law, but it was fairly obvious what it entailed.

"Great, another self-aggrandizing Walker," Cloak said, voice drenched in sarcastic irony, "that's certainly new."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:24:02 PM by Cloak »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6259 on: December 19, 2016, 08:32:38 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:
Walker and SPARTAN

"I didn't ask for your opinion, criminal," Blastjaws snarled, as his child looked back and forth, as if this was a tennis match. Parker looked, frankly, unsurprised and a little bored.

"I wasn't aware that I needed your permission, Blastjaws," Cloak said. "And as for being a criminal, I must say that term reflects you and your young son far better than me."

"We are abiding by the R.D.D. Act!" Blastjaws shrieked. "Unlike you!"

"You are clearly obediently following an unjust law," Cloak said, in a measured and even way. "Any law that overreaches and undermines the sovereignty and legitimacy of another -- this is a law that is unenforceable, a law that is wrong."

"We have dominion over the realms! We were here first!" Blastjaws countered, rather weakly.

"That is, by far, the weakest argument I heard thus far in support of Realm Walker supremacy," Cloak said, with toneless seriousness. "If your going to make up some inane rhetoric about nonexistent things, Blastjaws, the least you can do is put some effort into it."

"Don't you dare speak to me in that disrespectful way, Elements Master!" Blastjaws snarled, his prodigious mandibles (which was fortunately not sheathed in his corona) sparked dangerously. "You will speak to me with honors! With recognition! With --"

"You do not demand respect," Cloak said, "you must earn it."

"Don't you lecture me, you simple, naive --"

Cloak managed to suppress a laugh. It was funny that he was the one being called simple and naive, considering what Parker was doing without either one being any the wiser.

"Don't you smile at m--" he began, before it clicked into place. "Why are you smiling? You have us at no disad -- WHO TIED US UP?!?!?"

"You should have been paying attention," Cloak said, scolding him with a smug smile. "Not to mention, not being so dismissive about the Dwellers around you. Such attitudes can cause you to overlook things that are right in front of your face."

"Who the Veil tied us up?!" Blastjaws demanded.

"Your grasp of the obvious is astonishing," Cloak said dryly. "Parker, have you finished yet?"

"Oh, yeah," he said, now wearing his armor again. "These two must have some seriously bad eyesight."

"The Dweller?" Blastjaws scoffed derisively. "You expect us to believe that the Dweller did this?"

"Honestly? I don't give a royal --" Cloak uttered a Realm Walker swear that just sounded like a snarl to Parker's ears, "-- if you believe it or not."

Then he addressed Parker, "Go back to the forum, and make your report. I have to take this trash and put it where it belongs."

"Are you sure, Cloak?" Parker asked. "You look --"

"Just do it, okay?" Cloak said, tersely.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6260 on: December 20, 2016, 06:58:02 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:
The Abandoned Megamart

"The one time I leave without Beaky throwing a hissy fit . . ." Gaz grumbled.

Then one of the Realm Walkers -- she's been around Cloak enough to recognize what one is on sight -- spoke, and she found she didn't understand a word she was saying.

Her imp Realm Walker cohort, aptly named Translator, translated, though he mentioned how he would have to "clean up the language". Evidentally Enigma liked to swear like a sailor.

"'In my formative and hungry years,
I was unappreciated by my peers . . .
As their assaults and insults flew,
I would ponder - wouldn't you?
"Why me? Why me?!"
For a woman of my charisma and mystique,
I have taken far too long to reach my peak.
Why was my status never quo?
Why did no one want to know?
Poor me! Why me?!
Why was I so unable to fulfill my true potential?
Kept down by those I knew were smaller fry --
Inconsequential!
But here's the rub!
Rub-a-dub-dub!
I am power, I am clout personified!
I've an imp and sheer malice on my side!
It's a combination which works me up to a favor pitch:
"Big T" and ME!
When your rightful master says "Bow", you bow!
You forget who wears the pants around here now?
A woman who knows just what to do, and who to do it to!
Who's she? M-E!
And as for you, you little twerp,
From now on, it's "accept my pontification" time!
Though I hate to break an acquaintanceship,
YOU'RE GOING ON A ONE-WAY TRIP . . .
To a corner of the sphere,
Not a million miles from here,
But a few! Toodle!
Who's the titan!? Who's the champ?!
Who's the master of this camp?!
Who's the one who'll take up pages in who's who?!
Who?!
. . . Why, MEEE!
'"

Translator's translation was not as bubbly as Enigma's singing would indicate she was. He seemed almost disinterested in everything going on, as if it was beneath his very important notice.

Then Enigma revealed a gloved hand with three stubby fingers and a stubby opposable thumb to match. She touched the ground, causing a darkness to surge forward toward Gaz, as several hundred spectral arms reached up from this dark, sinister energy. They reached up, and reached for Gaz. Reached to pull her to . . .

Oh, god, she didn't even want to know.

SOURCE SONG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AU6AfCWuZKI

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6261 on: December 21, 2016, 09:33:25 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:
Never-Ending Nightmare

"No . . . no . . . no!" Gaz screamed as the hands -- it seemed as if there were a thousand of these spectral hands attached to inhumanly long spectral arms -- continued to grab at her. It was almost as if they were trying to pull her, trying to drag her to a netherworld that she had really no intention of going to.

"Please . . ." Gaz said, despite Enigma's raspy cackling, ". . . no. Please, no."

Then, suddenly, a small blur of something red and yellow caught Gaz's eye for the merest second. Then a second blur heading the opposite direction. Really, the visibility from the cage formed by these writhing, wringing spectral arms and hands left much to be desired.

But whatever these blurs were, they had sliced through the spectral arms -- causing them to collapse and disintegrate into nothingness, with a rather smoky-looking exit after they were severed from the ground shadow which had fully receded and vanished.

Then something backflipped needlessly over her head, twisting so that his back was to her. As she stood and brushed herself off, she noticed something upon the ground that clinked ever so slightly when she had accidentally nudged it with her foot.

Cloak stood up, his scarlet and gold energy blades still extended, Wolverine-like, from his wrists. He glared down at the two Realm Walkers, with Translator looking thoroughly unimpressed and angsty, and Enigma showing her emotions on her sleeve.

She spoke, and Translator said, in a drawling, bored tone, "She says --"

"I know very well what she said," Cloak said, curtly.

She said something that sounded very indistinct to Gaz's ears.

"That is a blatant association fallacy, and you know it." Cloak countered, dismissively.

Gaz couldn't understand whatever Enigma's response was, and she had momentarily forgotten the clinking item that no one else was paying attention to not even Translator.

"Ah," Cloak said, dryly irreverent, "so we've come to the abusive fallacy part of the conversation then."

Gaz began to tune out the conversation, as she knelt down, seemingly unnoticed by all Realm Walkers present. She touched the strange item to discover that it was slightly warm -- or cool -- to the touch, she couldn't decided which.

""Seriously, Enigma?" Cloak said, voice drenched copiously with disdain. "Cherry picking? False analogies? Hasty generalizations? Misleading vividness fallacies? Thought-terminating cliches?"

Gaz grasped the item, discovering its identity. A considerable length of chains, gold in color, that somehow disappeared into the inherent darkness of this abandoned megamart. She knew what these were.

"Are just seriously trying to every possible fallacy and propaganda trick from the woodwork?" Cloak said. "Or is that you actually believe all these contradictory arguments?"

Gaz immediately understood Cloak's plans. She only hoped that she could pull off what she believed that he had in mind.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #6262 on: December 22, 2016, 07:48:30 AM »
Edge of seat: *is on*

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6263 on: December 22, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »
Well, unless I'm mistaken, it's about six chapters from the end.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:
Walker and Vampire

"Oh, I wondered when you would use that defense," Cloak said, practically rolling his feline eyes. "It's not oppressing you to stop you from oppressing others, that's not a right!"

Gaz grasped the chain, the tylee chain, the only thing that can bind Realm Walkers and gods, firmly in her hands. She knew what she must do, and could only hope that Cloak could continue to distract the two, even the disaffected Translator, for he to complete this job.

Enigma made her rebuttal, and it sound incomprehensible to Gaz's ears again. But Cloak could understand her -- he and Translator were the only ones who could. Dagger, Cloak's younger sister by two years (twenty, in Dweller Earth time), had a speech problem similar to Enigma, and, when they were young, Cloak was the only one who understood a word she said.

"Do all bigots have this victim complex?" Cloak asked, sounding testy. "Or querulous paranoia or persecutory delusions, or whatever the proper term is."

This just got Enigma monologuing. And monologuing passionately. She didn't even notice the bat that was circling around her and Translator. To her, it was nothing more than a bothersome gnat. She just had assumed that bats routinely roosted here through the day, and it was true --as they left unmistakable . . . uh, "evidence", behind.

Cloak interrupted her next remark with, "Look, Enigma, you aren't gonna convince me of why your bigotry is right. It isn't -- bigotry is never right."

The bat seemed to be circling them closer and closer, but they both ignored it, with Cloak paying the most marginal of attention to it. Enigma spat out her next retort to Cloak.

"No, Enigma," Cloak said, with a tone that clearly said that he thought he was dealing with someone with the underwhelming intelligence of a particularly stupid and overemotional child. "I am not a bigot because I don't -- and will never -- condone your bigotry. You are not a victim. Your arguments do not hold any water when confronted with indisputable facts. In fact, they crumble like cheaply made pastries."

Enigma looked as if she very much would like to attack Cloak. Something that had not gone unnoticed from the Realm Walker. Cloak's response to this was surprisingly cavalier, "So you wish to fight me now? How typical. When you are unable to support you lies, mistruths, and bigotry with strong facts and proof, you turn to violence to silence the unbeliever. Typical."

Enigma made a horrid shriek, as she tried to rush forward and attack Cloak, who looked at her with contempt and disgust. Only to fall flat on her face. She had been bound without even realizing it, so intently focused on arguing with Cloak on these political matters.

If Translator noticed, he either did care or wanted this to just be over. He was most certainly tired and weary from translating Enigma's speech, filtering out the swears to make the message more acceptable and receptive.

"Thanks, Gazzy," Cloak said, and she noticed for the first time, as she came out of her bat mode, just how heavy Cloak's limbs seemed to be. He was obviously tired, but still stubbornly moving foreward. "Now, to put these two criminals -- yes, you are criminals, Enigma, your bigotry doesn't justify your actions! -- put these two criminals back where they belong."

"Can I get my own cell, then?" Translator asked dispassionately.

"But you're exhausted, Cloak," Gaz said.

"Just go and make the report, Gaz," Cloak said, unable to keep some of the weariness from his voice.

"You don't have to do this by yourself, Cloak," Gaz said.

"Cloak was already beginning to Walk away at this point before he answered, "But, alas, . . . I do."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6264 on: December 22, 2016, 07:37:02 PM »
New book ideas.

• Book MCX (1,110): "R.A.B.A.S.A.R." -- The RAFians must deal with the R.A.B.A.S.A.R.
  • Book MCXI (1,111): "N. Abel Capture" -- The RAFians are captured by a single, unlikely person.
  • Book MCXII (1,112): "Crisis of Conscience" -- N. Abel develops a conscience and moral compass.
  • Book MCXIII (1,113): "Self-Discovery" -- N. Abel goes on a journey of self-discovery, and must find who he really is.
  • Book MCXIV (1,114): "The Identifier" -- The RAFians must protect a rather important blind man.
  • Book MCXV (1,115): "Perspective" -- The RAFians must deal with an irresponsible cognikinetic.
  • Book MCXVI (1,116): "This is Ludicrous" -- The RAFians must deal with one of the more ludicrous, but dangerous, weapons they had ever encountered.
  • Book MCXVII (1,117): "A Sound Assessment" -- Boomblast returns.

Don't think I rehashed anything. Still Year 12, but probably will be written in 2120.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:
The Deserted Path

Broken stood in the abandoned path of dirt and stone. It was well wide enough to accommodate him and a larger dragon, almost as if the tunnel was carved out by Diglett and Dugtrio.

"Who's laughing now?!" he demanded.

A malicious sort of laughter rent the air as the smoke cleared. Cleared to reveal the dragon Realm Walker, Enforcer, completely unharmed. The red ant Realm Walker, his lieutenant Pinchy, stood to the back, apparently cowering a bit. He was afraid of Enforcer.

"Why, I believe it's ME," he said, in a rather sinister way. Then he snapped his fingers and music started up inexplicably.

"So, it's not enough to defeat me. Now you gotta humiliate me." Blocky noted.

Enforcer's smile deepened as he sang:

"I must admit
Your combat tricks
Are amusing!
I bet you've got a bunny
Under your heel.
Now, here's your chance
To get the best of me.
Hope your hand is hot!
C'mon, Dweller,
Let's see what you've got!
"

Then the battle began anew. Blocky knew very well the likelihood of him overpowering a Realm Walker, one of the most durable and powerful species he knew of. But he didn't care. He engaged anyway.

"You can try to slam me
With your hardest stuff.
But your double combo
Isn't up to snuff!
I'll set the record straight.
You're simply bait.
You're only third rate.
"

Blocky wouldn't allow himself to give up. He wouldn't allow himself to become disheartened. It was an effect of draconic pride.

"You think your cat's a meanie
But your tiger's tame.
You've got a lot to learn
About the dragon game.
So, for your education,
I reiterate.
You're only third rate!
"

Blocky was starting to get annoyed -- and his butt kicked. But his pride would not allow him to give up or given in, no matter the bruise or lost scales or lacerations and whatnot.

"Dwellers cower
At the power
In my pinky!!
My thumb is number one
On every list!!
But if you're not convinced
That I'm invincible,
Put me to the test!!
I'd love to lay this debacle to rest!"

Now it was becoming a trial for Blocky to get back up. He was taking a beating, and it was astonishing enough that he hadn't succumbed already. RAFians like him tended to be a stubborn sort.

"Go ahead and blast me
With a big surprise.
Slap me in a trap.
Cut me down to size!
I'll make a great escape!
It's just a piece of cake.
You're only third rate!
"

Blocky was starting to be forced to see the futility in fighting this Realm Walker. Not to mention he was a larger, older dragon (and as anthropomorphized as all Realm Walkers are), he had the durability and resilience of a Realm Walker. This made it nigh on impossible for someone such as Blocky to beat him one-on-one.

"You know, your combinations
Aren't tough enough
And your strike power
Doesn't measure up!
Let me pontificate
Upon your sorry state!
You're only third rate!
"

Blocky was looking distinctly broken and beaten, but still he refused to go down. In his mind, doing just that would be just as good as being dead. But he had streaks of red trickling down his scaly hide, and he found himself not really caring.

"So, spare me your tremendous stare.
You look delicious in your despair,
And I can hardly wait
To discombobulate!
I'll send your back end packing
In a shipping crate!
You'll make a better living
With a spinning plate!
You're only third rate!
"

Blocky staggered to his feet, defiant and resolute. He wasn't about to go down like a chump. He wasn't going to go down -- not without taking this Realm Walker with him.

"Well, that was invigorating," Enforcer said, as if this was only a mild exertion of his power. "But, alas, one loose end to tie up."

SOURCE SONG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=10S428LRcUY
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 11:24:55 AM by Cloak »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6265 on: December 23, 2016, 10:02:28 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT:
Devastating Drake

"Time to die, Dweller," Enforcer said, his scales actually clanking together in a most ominous way. He placed his hands across his chest, so each finger and thumb was touching their counterpart on the opposite hand. He formed a diamond shape with his hand in doing this.

From this diamond shape, he fired an energy dragon -- limbless, skeletally serpentine body with large bat wings and a jagged snout -- that was composed of a cool blue and fiery red energy. It headed straight for Blocky who would not be able to dodge out of the way in time. Blocky actually shut his eyes and braced for impact.

But the impact never came, as a tremendous roar reverberated around the enclosed place. It wasn't draconic, but feline.

Blocky hazard a chance to open his eyes, and saw the energy dragon skewered on one of Cloak's energy blades. The dragon vanished and Cloak unformed the blades.

"Oh, Sage's brat's brat," Enforcer spat. "I have heard of you, Elements Master."

Cloak said nothing. He looked very angry and disgruntled. And yet, there was a certain heaviness to his movements, a certain weight. Broken knew that Cloak was tired -- it was very evident. And, unnoticed by Pinchy and Enforcer, he had flicked a small bean toward Blocky, who recognized it as a senzu bean. He ate it and felt up to fighting form immediately.

"Yes," Enforcer said, apparently chewing the scenery as if this was an episode of Power Rangers or something. "Yes, your reputation proceeds you. The ungrateful son of a hardworking, devoted mother."

Cloak was surprised that the sheer untruthfulness of this comment did not elicit an angry reaction in him. He keep his face inscrutable and plain, and just allowed Enforcer to keep talking, hoping that he'd start monologuing. He and Pinchy were the last ones. The last Realm Walkers to take in. The last ones before he, Cloak, ended this.

"An embarrassment to Master Sage," Enforcer continued, thinking he was hitting pay dirt. Oblivious to the obvious flaw in his rhetoric. "At least he never degraded himself by befriending these meaningless insects. You not only befriended them, I heard, you actually live amongst them! You actually live in-realm with these lawless primitives."

Cloak didn't care what Enforcer thought of him, even with his spouting of misinformation. He didn't care in the slightest, and could not muster any energy to be brought to care. This is why Enforcer's words were just meaningless blather to him. Beneath consideration. Beneath contempt. Enforcer was just as full of himself as the others before him, just as bigoted and dismissive.

It was sad, really.

"What's this? I thought that you were prone to banter, prone to ideological preaching, when you fought," Enforcer said, sounding disappointed now, instead of goading. "I want some enjoyment when I crush you and your little Dweller pet there."

Cloak gave a little snort of suppressed laughter, but that was all the response Cloak gave him. And this did not go over all that well with the dragon Realm Walker, who seemed to take this as a personal insult.

"What's the matter?"

Cloak said nothing.

"Run out of quips?"

Nada.

"No more words to fail?!"

Cloak kept his silence, just folded his arms disapprovingly. Rather parent-like.

"You think now that you're this so-called 'RAFian' that you're better than me?! The all-powerful Enforcer?!"

Cloak said nothing, which just seemed to incense Enforcer more, causing Pinchy to recoil and cower.

"Well, you're not!!"

Cloak's continued silence was really beginning to enrage Enforcer, which caused Blocky to question the wisdom of Cloak's actions, though he didn't say anything himself.

"I owned you!!" Enforcer said. It was a bold claim -- considering the two never fought before. "I own this planet!! I own this Realm!!"

Cloak still just glared on disapprovingly.

"In fact," Enforcer snarled, "Burst this planet!!"

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6266 on: December 24, 2016, 10:20:44 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:
Walker and Dragon

But he never got a chance, especially because Pinchy decided to up and abandon him in the middle of his spiel. He never noticed. Also because Cloak shot out the tylee chain -- the same one he used to drag the others to the Oblivion Gate -- and it nicked his shoulder.

"What kind of lame attack was that?" Enforcer demanded. He always thought in terms of beating down your opponent. He never considered being outthought. He never noticed that Blocky had caught the other end. "You're so pathetic -- urf!!"

His arms were quickly pinioned to his sides, as Cloak earth-surfed around him in a clockwise manner, while Blocky flew with his end in a counterclockwise way. Within moments Enforcer was bound.

But not gagged.

"You can't hold me!!" he snarled and spat. "I'll break these chains in an instant!!"

"They're tylee chains, stupid," Cloak said, dryly.

"No chains can bind me!! I'm the great Enforcer!!"

"You don't know what tylee metal's properties are, do you?" Cloak said, rhetorically. The answer was glaringly obvious.

"Nothing can hold me!!" Enforcer insisted. Cloak opined that it sounded rather childlike, and found that it was becoming harder and harder to take the guy seriously.

"He . . . just likes to hear himself talk, doesn't he?" Blocky piped up from Cloak's left.

"I'm the great Enforcer!" he raged, almost crazily. "I have never been defeated!"

"You never tangoed with a RAFian before, pal," Cloak said, matter-of-factly. Then he turned to address Blocky, "Go and make your report to the forum. I gotta take this deluded egomaniac back where he belongs."

Cloak stumbled a little, as he moved to Walk both him and Enforcer back to the Nexus.

"Are you sure that you're up for this, Cloak?" Blocky said, concerned.

"I'll be fine," Cloak said, repressively.

"Maybe you should eat one of those senzu bean thingies," he suggested.

"No can do," Cloak said, rather oppressively, "they don't work on Realm Walkers."

Broken couldn't tell if Cloak was being legitimately serious, or if he was just saying that to get Blocky going on his report and to get him to return to the forum.

"Cloak, you don't have to do this alone!" Blocky called out, but Cloak was already Walking away. Blocky didn't understand -- he did have to do this alone, as he was the only one who could Walk.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6267 on: December 25, 2016, 07:48:08 AM »
Merry Christmas!

New chapter.

CHAPTER THIRTY:
The Final Confrontation

"I don't think you really deserve this," Shill was saying. She had released her seven generals from the Oblivion Gate prison, where Cloak dropped each and every one of them off. Their lieutenants, however, were still there, unless they were juveniles. "I practically guaranteed success with those missions, and you couldn't even accomplish them."

"We met resistance," Gumshoe argued.

"Dwellers," Mistruth said, dismissively. "If they were truly that much of a bother, you should have eliminated them and continued to search for the U. A. Energy."

"Well, it wasn't exactly like they were alone," Beguile said, as Enforcer made a face. His pride was hurt. "The Elements Master --"

Suddenly, the kissing ornate doors colored gold and black burst open, letting in the mist from outside which rapidly dissipated to reveal Cloak.

"I've seen to your generals, Shill," he announced, not even acknowledging the presence of the aforementioned generals. "How dare you occupy Realm Dweller territory!! How dare your try to remove their sovereignty!!"

"How dare you, a citizen of the Nexus, a Realm Walker, address your Council this way," Shill growled, indignant at this intrusion. "You're loyalty is to our kind first. Anything less makes you a traitor."

"Don't do this, Shill," Cloak warned. "Don't challenge us. It won't end well."

All five Council members and the seven generals looked outraged by this statement, but Spin seemed to noticed something rather incongruous with what Cloak said.

"Then you're a traitor," Sycophant said.

"Wait," Spin said, "you said 'us'."

Cloak smiled as the mist cleared more to show more Realm Walkers other than himself standing behind him, in support and solidarity. An anthropomorphic ostrich. An anthropomorphic Sumatran tiger. An anthropomorphic rhino. An anthropomorphic lizard. An anthropomorpbic frog. An anthropomorphic orchid mantis. An anthropomorphic rattlesnake. An anthropomorphic isopod. An anthropomorphic parrot. An anthropomorphic kangaroo rat. An anthropomorphic swordfish. An anthropomorphic stag beetle. An anthropomorphic elephant. An anthropomorphic bakeneko. An anthropomorphic spider. An anthopomorphic jackal. An anthropomorphic draft horse. An anthropomorphic wolf. And many more, unseen by the Council and generals.

"You see," Cloak said, "your policies and, yes, even the R. D. D. Act aren't as nearly popular as you claim them to be."

"You don't know anything," Mistruth said. It was almost convincing.

"As it turns out," Cloak said, continuing as if Mistruth hadn't spoken, "only about ten percent of the population was all for your visions of conquest and expanding your domain. Four percent were unsure. But eighty-six percent? Those were the ones who oppose it, with varying levels of vehemence."

There were murmurings of confirmation in the ranks behind Cloak.

"And, come to find out," Cloak continued, watching the Council themselves actually squirm, "that you five never even earned your seats of power. That you carried on a farce of an election, and it didn't matter who voted for who, you would inevitably be elected either way. A might bit shady, if you ask me."

"We won the election," Undermine said, "like or not, we won."

"You stole it!" cried a passionate Realm Walker -- a leopard-form one -- from somewhere in the throng behind Cloak. "You lied and cheated your way to the Council seats! All of you!!"

Cloak held out a hand to try to steady the Realm Walker's emotion. "Do you really think that you can take office and than that's it? No one can oppose you? That you can crack down on your opposition and expect no blowback? That you could retain your seats of power indefinitely? That you can force the Realm Walker people to love you, when you clearly have no redeemable qualities of any sort?"

They didn't seem to have an answer for any of those questions.

"No one likes an authoritarian," Cloak said. "It's over. It's the will of the people. Step down -- or fight."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6268 on: December 25, 2016, 10:45:00 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
Choices

It went surprisingly anticlimactically.

As soon as they saw that the Realm Walker people had gathered en masse and was more willing to fight the twelve of them to get rid of their authoritarian law and policies, their collective will folded like a cheap beach chair. The Council was impeached and indicted.

Cloak had left before he saw the new Councilors be elected -- he was afraid of getting nominated -- and he Walked home. Perhaps he could have spearheaded some real change as a Councilor, perhaps he could do a lot . . . but the chances of corruption heighten as you go up the ladder of authority.

Beside, no Elements Master has ever sat on the Council. And he didn't care to be the first.

Introspective GH and Punny GH sat at a table across from Deceptive GH.

Both Introspective GH and Punny GH both wore suits, Introspective GH's was white and Punny GH's was black. Both their hairs were slicked back and Punny GH spoke with a bad French accent for some reason. Deceptive GH wore a black turtleneck, black jeans, black boots, a black knit cap, and a domino mask.

Introspective GH started. He spoke-sang:

"GH, let's begin.
Describe the day you played with kin.
"

Deceptive GH replied:

"We rehearsed and then we walked about,
We ate bratwurst and sauerkraut.
"

Punny GH inquired:

"That night, at ten-o-three,
Were you inside the memory gallery?
"

Deceptive GH responded:

"From ten o'clock to ten-o-four
Is when we played the show's encore.
"

Introspective GH stated:

"Hmm, GH, we've got our doubts.
Can you confirm your whereabouts?
"

Deceptive GH was getting hostile.

"My alibi is air tight.
The audience saw me sing all night.
"

Punny GH spoke-sang:

"Mong-sewer, we know you did the crime."

Deceptive GH countered:

"I was on stage that whole time.
Ask who sang the Thief's Connection!
"

Both Introspective GH and Punny GH announced:

"Thank you, GH, no more questions!"

Deceptive GH left, and Diva GH was called in. He was wearing a pig mascot costume for some reason, with the mascot head under his right arm. His hair was much longer than the RAFian GH of whom all these GHs were a part, and set in ringlets, not unlike a Rose Quartz Gem, but not as much hair as one.

Punny GH said:

"Allo, I think it's time for good cop, romantic cop.
GH, you cleaned up locked inside.
Now's your chance to save your hide.
"

He gave a little twitter, and said:

"Gentlemen, I did not know
It was a crime to steal the show!
"

Introspective GH demanded:

"Tell us how the part was taken!"

Punny GH said:

"If you want to save your bacon."

Diva GH stated:

"I haven't seen your missing part.
All I stole was audience hearts!
"

Introspective GH suggested:

"We can give you a plea deal."

Punny GH elaborated:

"All you have to do is squeal."

Diva GH protested:

"I'm not a thief! I don't know how!
All I've ever taken is a bow!
"

Punny GH said:

"We'll catch the swine who did this job --"

Diva GH snarled, annoyed:

"Give up the pig puns, creep.
Go jump in a lake! That's my suggestion!
"

The two then said:

Then the two retreated to a back room to recoup and regroup.

"I think he liked me," Punny GH said.

"I don't think your puns are helping the investigation," said Introspective GH.

Punny GH said, "You know . . .
"I think they did it."

"No, they didn't."

"Yes, they did, and we can pin it."

"If they did, how did they do it?"

"If they didn't, how didn't they didn't?"

"If they didn't, then it's easy 'cuz they simply didn't do it."

"If they did it, then I knew it, but we've nothing that can prove it."

Then he returned to speaking normally, "Bring in the weird guy with the schnoz."

And in came Weirdo GH, who looked more or less normal aside from the schnoz that even Cyrano de Bergerac and Gonzo wouldn't envy. Introspective GH started things off again:

"Do you remember what you did
On the night you played with the Id?
"

Weirdo GH claimed:

"I was gored by a raging bull,
And was rushed off to the hospital.
"

Punny GH asked:

"GH, what do you know
About the sculpture theft at Pituitary Prado?
"

Weirdo GH disputed:

"I never saw the stolen bust.
I spent the night in bed, concussed.
"

Introspective GH said:

"The truth, GH. The clock is tickin'."

Weirdo GH protested:

"If you don't believe me, ask the chicken!
GH was there, he'll cooperate!
"

Cowardly GH was brought in. He wore a chicken suit, for some reason. Punny GH said:

"Sir, are you willing to corroborate?"

Cowardly GH said:

"Bawk bawk begawk, begawk gawk gawk!"

Introspective GH demanded:

"Will somebody get this chicken out of here!!"

Weirdo GH exclaimed:

"Calm down, GH, it's a routine inspection!"

Then both GHs said:

Punny GH addressed Oblivious GH:

"Let's go from the start.
What do you know about the stolen part.
"

To which he replied:
"I didn't know there was a plan."

The next interviewee, Hippie GH, said:

"Your accusations are far out, man!"

Smart GH disputed:

"The chances of us committing a crime
Are less than point-zero-zero-nine!
"

Gibberish GH said:

"Shern de shern de herf,
Sher de chicky en de farney hug!
"

Punny GH asked Translator GH:

"To help with our investigation,
Can you do a full translation?
"

Translator GH said, "What the GH just said to you was 'schnoop do schnnop do schnook' -- it's gibberish."

Comedic GH said:

"Uh, I can do an Elvis impression."

The two GHs said:

"Thank you, GHs, no more questions."

Then they went back to the backroom as they dismissed the other GHs. Punny GH started it off:

"They didn't."

"No, they didn't."

"There's no way they did the crime."

"They couldn't, they're too stupid."

"They're not criminal masterminds."

"We do not know who did it,
but we know who didn't do it!
"

Both sang:

"So, we know who didn't do it!!
Yes, we know who didn't do it!!
"

Punny GH said, "They are incapable of being culpable."

When suddenly the whole vision turned to red and black with a thunderous voice shouting, "LET ME OUT!!"

And, just like that, GH woke up, "What the f--"

He stopped himself when he saw Leatherhead's slumbering form.

SOURCE SONG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4VzUwKeoGM

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #6269 on: December 25, 2016, 11:29:11 PM »
. . . What XD