Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!

<< < (3/205) > >>

morfowt:

--- Quote from: jsh357 on August 12, 2008, 05:38:41 PM ---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism

It was a joke (I didn't add that in. it was in the original post but in 2 point font)

--- End quote ---
I still don't get what it means.

Estelore:
The joke is that that person asked a question that nobody had asked.
The FAQ thread? FREQUENTLY asked questions?

Do you get it, now?

morfowt:
no I mean I don't get what Marxism means.

EscafilDevice:

--- Quote from: morfowt on August 13, 2008, 06:40:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: jsh357 on August 12, 2008, 05:38:41 PM ---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism

It was a joke (I didn't add that in. it was in the original post but in 2 point font)

--- End quote ---
I still don't get what it means.

--- End quote ---

I'll try to simplify this, but if that creates any glaring errors feel free to correct me.

Marxism is an economic theory thought up by this German guy Karl Marx. He thought that all of the world's problems were caused by class struggle - the owners vs. the workers - and he wanted to fix that.

He thought that it could be solved by the proletariat - the working class - overthrowing the bourgeoise (business owners) to bring about a classless society with no government. He also wanted to abolish private property.

The goal of Marxism is no government, but somewhere in there is the idea of rule by a dictator to transition into a classless state. Enlightened despots are extremely rare in history, so pure Marxism is idealistic.

Soviet-style communism draws from Marxism, but it does have significant differences.

traycon3:
How, how, HOW did you manage to stick history, government, and economics (classes I wouldn't go near with a 10ft pole--excluding comaritive politics. That just sounds fun.) into one simple explanation?

And to answer that question: Ax. The Andalite government is kinda...loopie. If you know what I mean by that...Maybe circular would be a better term. And Ax was a big advocate of his people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version