Author Topic: How did they do it?  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
How did they do it?
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:52:59 AM »
How did the Chee fuse the essence of the Pemalites into wolves? I'm assuming they grafted their DNA into them or something like that, but I'm not sure. Also, I think dogs were around before 2000 BC, which is around the time the Chee landed. So which of the modern domestic dogs do you think possess the Pemalite DNA? Because as Erek said, most possess the essence of the Pemalites, not all.

Discuss.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: How did they do it?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:36:37 AM »
Nobody knows for certain how long ago we started to domesticate dogs, although it is estimated to around 15,000 years ago. Obviously it was a slow process and began with small things like giving food to the wolves who chased predators away (and didn't eat us). The wolves less aggressive towards humans were more likely to survive due to our help, thus contributing to natural selection and eventually evolving some of the wolves into dogs.

So by the time the Chee arrived, the domestication of dogs was already well under way. So either they merged the Pemalite essence with ancient dogs, or they did it with wolves as they said, which would support the theory that some dogs don't have the Pemalite essence. However, dogs have been cross bred so many times in the last few thousand years that it would be impossible to even guess which dog breeds might not have the Pemalite essence.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:21:20 AM »

There's something else I have to add to this theory too. It might seem kind of basic, but I think when the Chee were helping to build the pyramids, they hid it under them, which is how they got there for the Skrit Na to steal in 1975, and then you all know the rest...

Nice one, Phoenix. I kinda assumed there's been so much interbreeding that like 70 or 80 percent of dogs in the world or specific hemispheres have Pemalite genes.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:26:33 AM »
A Pemalite/Chee Chronicles book would certainly have been fascinating to read. I suppose it is possible that they were involved with (or at least knew of) the hiding of the Time Matrix.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 12:25:35 PM »
     Agressive dogs don't.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 06:16:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure Golden Retrievers are part Pemalite(or at least Homer is), but like you said earlier Zakryn, dogs are so interbred that I don't think its any specific breed that has Pemalite essence, hence why the Chee adopt and care for all kinds of dogs, not just certain breeds.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 01:06:42 PM »
How did the Chee fuse the essence of the Pemalites into wolves? I'm assuming they grafted their DNA into them or something like that, but I'm not sure. Also, I think dogs were around before 2000 BC, which is around the time the Chee landed. So which of the modern domestic dogs do you think possess the Pemalite DNA? Because as Erek said, most possess the essence of the Pemalites, not all.

Discuss.

With the Yeerk war over, I move that the Chee now extract the Permalite genes from the dogs and use them to recreate the Permalite race!

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 01:22:17 PM »
I doubt they could to that, or they would have at some put int the 5000 some odd years they had before the yeerks ever showed up
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....