Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 594368 times)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #555 on: June 30, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »
Great chapters, cloak! Hope everything is ok on your end.

I have part 1 of the fuzor episode up. Still have to take care of part 2.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #556 on: June 30, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »
Damn, didn't post the chapter.  I don't have it in me right now to rewrite the whole thing.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #557 on: June 30, 2012, 01:00:22 PM »
Yay, we got Parker back!
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #558 on: June 30, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »
Yay! I got Helen back! And Louis got a sweet burn!
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #559 on: June 30, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »
But that burn won't be forgotten by him . . .

Anyway -- Book XXXV will be tentatively called "Richard's Horn".

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #560 on: June 30, 2012, 07:34:56 PM »
My filthy mind is filthy and made me raise an eyebrow at that title.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #561 on: June 30, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
:facepalm:
I knew that would happen.

Think "All Dogs Go To Heaven 2", Blaze.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #562 on: June 30, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »
Haven't seen the movie but the plots given away with the title.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #563 on: June 30, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »
Not necessarily, Blaze.  Sometimes these books take a twist that I don't foresee. . . .

I'll post another chapter soon.  I'll try for two, as I do not know when I'm forced to hiatus. . . .

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
Necessary Piracy

A few days passed, and Parker was soon back on his feet -- though that was mostly due to Helen's endeavors.  Parker had started wearing his armor again, and even bantering with Tyr.  He was laughing and generally being his lovable, RAFian self.

However, Cloak remained within his thread, brooding.  Wondering about the weight of his actions and inactions.  He paced his thread, sitting occasionally.  But whenever he sat down, he inevitably stood again to pace around his thread once more.  He did not know why he felt so restless, nor did not know why he should be burdened with such guilt.

The other RAFians were concerned about Cannon and his political dream.  Who knows what he'd do in the most powerful office in the states?  Who knows what unconstitutional laws he'd try to force through?  What's to stop him from putting aliens into concentration camps?  What was the right thing to do?  Richard thought he knew.  He sent Ash on a brief recon mission, and she returned a few days later, handing Richard what appeared to be a solidly-black Rubik's cube.  It was metal, yet warm to the touch.

"Thanks, Ash.  You're espionage skills are unsurpassed." he said.

Ash said nothing, but grinned a Cheshire cat smile.  A smile literally too big for her head.

"You know it's remarkably creepy when you do that, Ash."

The smile returned to natural dimensions, and Ash said, "Yeah, I know."

A few hours later, Richard was standing behind a podium, flanked by the other mods.  He ordered his papers rather stiffly, waiting for Aquilai to signal that the camera was rolling.  They were going out live, pirating the television signals -- all of them.  This was a necessary evil.

"Good evening, everyone." Richard said, voice crisp and clear.  "Sorry to interrupt your prime time programs, but we have something very important to disclose to the citizens of this country.  Over the last few months, there have been alien deaths, some of which may have still been 'closeted'.  They did not commit suicide, they were murdered."

Richard paused briefly to reshuffle his papers to allow this point to sink in.

"They were murdered by a notorious hate group known by the nomenclature of, ugh, the 'Knights of Humanity'.  Now, these so-called Knights are nothing to be admired or imitated.  They are just another extension of prejudge, like the KKK or Nazis.  No matter the name, their function is the same -- genocide.  Now, this isn't just a ragtag group of xenophobic extremists.  They've been organized, organized under a singular ruler.  A commander, a general."

Richard paused to take a deep breath.

"We have proof of the identity of this leader, of this man who fancies himself a king.  This man's name is Louis Cannon, former general of the Armed Forces, or some rank similar."

Richard and the mods picture shifted to the images and video that Ash had recorded on her recon trip.  It showed Cannon, without a doubt, in Knight regalia, ordering the deaths of more innocent aliens.  It was damning evidence.

"This was for your own knowledge.  Now that you know his, ah, extracurricular activities, you must make your choice -- a now fully-informed choice -- in November.  Thank you, and good night."

With that the camera shut off, and Richard took a sight of relief.  While, miles away, a roar of fury could be heard from the Knights of Humanity compound.  It was then that Cannon withdrew from the race, but he wouldn't stand for this indignity.  He would make Richard PAY for DARING to do such a thing.  But first, he would kill Parker.  Then, if she would still not have him, Cannon would kill Helen as well.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:20:39 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #564 on: June 30, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »
I meant the movie, not the book cloak.

Looking forward to another chapter.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #565 on: June 30, 2012, 09:11:49 PM »
Oh, okay.

The next chapter will be in my previous post.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
Cannon Fires Back

At the Knights of Humanity compound, Cannon was attempting to whip up the Knights into a genocidal rage.
"The RAFians will make off with your children!  They'll come after them in the night!  Forget the Potter boy, I say we kill these beasts! "

The mob roared, "Kill 'em!"

Then they erupted into song:

"We're not safe until they're dead!
They'll come stalking us at night!
Set to sacrifice our children to their monstrous appetite!
They'll wreak havoc on our village if we let them wander free!
"

Then Cannon, in full Knight regalia, belted out:

"So, it's time to take some action!
It's time . . . to follow . . . me!
Through the mist, through the woods!
Through the darkness and the shadows!
It's a nightmare but it's one exciting ride.
Say a prayer, then we're there,
At the threshold of a forum!
And there's somethings truly terrible inside!
They're aliens! They've got fangs,
Razor sharp ones!
Massive paws, killer claws for the feast!
Hear them roar! See them foam!
But we're not coming home 'til they're dead--
Good and dead!
Kill the RAFians!

The Knightly mob declared:

"Light your torch! Mount your horse!"

Then Cannon roared:

"Screw your courage to the sticking place!"

The Knights continued:

"We're counting on Cannon to lead the way!
Through a mist, through a wood
Where within a haunted forum
Something's lurking that you don't see ev'ry day!
They're RAFians! One as tall as a mountain.
We won't rest 'til they're good and deceased
Sally forth! Tally ho!
Grab your sword! Grab your bow!
Praise the Lord and here we go!
We don't like
What we don't understand.
In fact, it scares us
And these monsters are mysterious at least!
Bring your guns!
Bring your knives!
Save your children, our village and our lives!
We'll kill the RAFians!"

Cannon commanded, "Cut down a tree, and make it a big one! Take whatever booty you can find. But remember, Parker is MINE!  As is the head honcho and the idiot in the cape."

Quick cut to RAF, where the RAFians sense the oncoming horde, and begin to sing in earnest:

"Hearts ablaze!
Banners high!
We go marching into battle,
Unafraid although the danger just increased!"

Meanwhile, the Knight still sang:

"Raise the flag!
Sing the song!
Here we come, we're mighty strong
And Knights can't be wrong
Let's kill the RAFians!
Kill the RAFians!
Kill the RAFians!!
Kill the RAFians!!!"

And the Knights kept singing "Kill the RAFians" until they managed to penetrate RAF.  But while they were still trying, Noelle galloped to Cloak's thread.  Cloak felt her vibrations, and said, "Leave me in peace."

<But Cloak!  They come!!>

Fire suddenly appeared in Cloak's eyes (albeit NOT literally), and he whipped open his thread door, suddenly sure of what he had to do.  Noelle strode at a moderately fast pace (she could outrun Cloak if she wanted.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:47:51 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #566 on: June 30, 2012, 10:27:17 PM »
Now, I may very well finish up this book tonight.  Shortish chapter, methinks.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
The Final Battle Begins

Noelle, Cloak, Estelore, Aquilai, Goom, Richard, Blaze and Gaz stood at the threshold into the forum.  Dino loomed, full-sized, behind them, beside Shock, Evilpinkdragon and Blocky.  The other RAFians were hidden in strategic spots within the forum.  They saw the outer wall give, and were prepared.  But they did not move -- the lights on the forum were out and only dimmest light was available.

Being a tiger-form Realm Walker, darkness meant very little to Cloak.  He could see quite clearly, and, if need be, he could generate his own light, as could Estelore, Blaze, the RAFian Lanterns and probably more.  The Knights were at a clear disadvantage, consisting of all humans.  They didn't seem to have the common sense to bring night vision goggles, but then again, if they had common sense, they wouldn't be here or even a Knight of Humanity in the first place.

Cloak could tell that his fellow RAFians were itching to fight, to get the anticipation over with.  Cloak hoped that they would hold back a little longer . . . the Knights might even think RAF is deserted.  Cloak wasn't banking on such luck, but was it wrong to hope?

Cloak narrowed his eyes as he realized that Cannon was there with his cronies, his minions.  It almost felt like sacrilege, for him to dare to step foot in this, the sacred of all forums.  His only purpose was to destroy the RAFians because of what they were, Cloak knew this, and was thinking that they could possibly use that against him.

"Remember, the caped idiot, their boss, and Parker are mine," Cloak heard Cannon mutter to his "troops".  Cloak felt offended at the "caped idiot" remark, not because he was being called an idiot, but because he wore a cloak, not a cape.  But Cloak realized the greater import of the sentence.  Cannon thought he could kill him.  Clearly, Cannon knew nothing about Realm Walkers.

The Knights looked around intently.  Surely they noticed the looming figures inches in front of them?

"Sire, I don't think anyone is here." said a surprisingly young-sounding voice.  The voice's owner couldn't have been any older than fifteen, sixteen.  Cloak felt a stab of pity for the young stooge.

"Don't be stupid, Perkins!" Cannon snarled quietly.  "They would never evacuate their precious forum!*"

But then Cannon's eyes fixed on Cloak's rustling cloak, and his ears fixed on the sounds of Dino's heavy breathing.  Suddenly, the lights came up and the RAFians ripped into the Knights.  Well, not literally ripped into them.  With the possible exception of Demos, and maybe even Faerie, the RAFians can be a merciful lot.  The Knights, however, felt no such compunction.

This was, by far, the RAFians most bloody and gory fight.  They would worry about the bad PR that was bound to happen afterwards.

Cannon fought with no one, keeping his sword sheathed, even ignoring Cloak and Richard, just to find Parker and Helen.  Parker was well aware of this, and was remaining stationary so that Cannon could find him.  Helen was trying to convince him otherwise.

"You think he will succeed?"

"No, I -- I -- I just don't want you hurt!"

"Nor do I want you hurt," Parker said.  "If he doesn't come after me, he'll be after you."

---
*;)

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #567 on: June 30, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »
It would have been a good time to sing 'savages'

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #568 on: July 01, 2012, 01:19:28 AM »
Oh he'd never find me, as I dial my sniper scope and take him out for good. But, as the story demands, I doubt I'll be using my sniper. :'( Besides, what does he think he can do against a titanium alloy?
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #569 on: July 01, 2012, 06:34:01 AM »
Parker, he's a hair away from psychotic.

Blaze, I know, but I thought the mob song was better.

Shortish chapter.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
It Ends Here

Parker waited for Cannon.  He knew he could use a sniper scope to take him out, but that'd be too easy.  He wanted the chance to have some words with him, to try to talk sense into him, though he realized the reality of that ideal.  Helen was worried a great deal about him, naturally.  The Star Sapphire decided to watch his back -- just in case.

Cannon found them, and he unsheathed his energy-charged sword, which crackled ominously.

"Well," Parker said, in a low voice, "THAT'S new."

Cannon charged forward with a roar that clearly said that this man had lost all sanity.  Parker blocked the blow with his armored forearm, but, with a crackling sound, the energy -- almost electrical in its properties, but somehow different -- passed through the titanium alloy armor as if it was toilet paper.  Parker was not expecting such a weapon.

"You got a new toy, Cannon," Parker said.

"No banter this time, Parker." Cannon said, gnashing his teeth with every word.  "Now, do me a favor and die!!"

"Don't think so, Cannon," Parker said.

Sure, he could have summoned up a Ride Armor from the Ride Armor Matrix that Cloak gave him so long ago.  But it was a matter of personal pride not to do so.  Of course, Parker's pride was gonna get him killed this day . . .

Suddenly, his armored glowed violet.  It felt stronger, yet lighter than before.  Parker was momentarily confused until he realized what had happened.  Helen had reinforced his armor with her ring, as well as giving herself her own SPARTAN-style armor with her ring.  She winked at Parker, who couldn't resist a small smile.

They took battle stances, and Cannon looked thoroughly deranged.  He raised his sword, and the energy coming off it seemed to increase with his demented rage.  Parker and Helen were undeterred.  Cannon swung, swung, and swung.  He was vicious with his attack, though lacking any finesse.  His blade's energy could not penetrate the reinforced armor.

Parker kept blasting him with his fusion cannons, all be it not troubling himself to hit Cannon directly.  Despite any postures Parker may have made to the contrary, he didn't want to be a murderer.  Nor a murder victim, for that matter.

Meanwhile, the other RAFians were faring slightly better.  Dino was able to scare a few of the Knights of lesser courage away by taking one and gently worry him, like a dog with a bone.  Sure, the knight fainted from fear, but, hey, that wasn't Dino's fault.

Cloak was using mainly the Air and Water Elements, as he found them the most not lethal elements he had in his repertoire.  His reluctance to use the more dangerous elements was proving quite detrimental.  Then Cloak realized something.  He pressed his hand against one Knight's armor, and, using his mastery over the Metal Element, caused it to melt and fragment off his body -- revealing a much too thin man in a purple undershirt and white boxers with red hearts on them.

"Really?" Cloak said.

Gaz had taken to the air in bat form, screeching and divebombing the Knights.  Some of which screamed like schoolgirls . . . some actually were schoolgirls.  Gaz continued this schtick before delivering a glide kick by reverting to her humanoid vampiric form.

Ash had a ball sowing confusion within the ranks of the Knights, using her shapeshifting prowess.

Blaze had turned the whole fight to something of a game.  He'd attack the horde with his sword as a sword one minute, then switch it to a war hammer and attack again.  Then he'd switch it to a bladed staff, and attack again.  Then he'd switch it to a simple bo staff, and attack again.  Then it changed into a pair of tonfa, and he'd go at it again.  Then he'd -- you get the point.

Meanwhile, Parker managed to get the best of Cannon.  He was on the ground his sword feet away, and Parker's fusion cannons in point-blank distance from his face.

"Go ahead and do it, Parker." he goaded.  "Be a man!"

"Parker, he's not worth tearing your soul apart.  Don't do it," Helen pleaded.

Parker, whose face was obscured by his helmet, said nothing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:23:07 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)