Author Topic: Fitting morphs  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Starsword

Fitting morphs
« on: September 18, 2008, 05:18:14 PM »
I was watching Stephen Colbert on the O Reilly factor when he talks about bears being giant maurading Godless killing machines, and I immediately thought of Rachel just being a killing machine. And I thought of Cassie's wolf and being one with nature, and formidable yet not overly powerful, and I thought of Marco being a gorilla which is rather peaceful and wants to be left alone, much like himself. Plus they are primates, like monkeys and "monkeying around" means goofing off, which applies heavily to Marco. And then I thought how Tobias's bird represents freedom. And I had all these things in my subconscious I suppose but never really dwelled on them. I wonder how many of them were on purpose.
Until then we fight.

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Fitting morphs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 05:21:08 PM »
Yeah, I think their morphs fit them pretty well. Tigers are revered creatures that have a balance of power and agility. A good morph for a leader. Though a lion would have fit as well.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:36:48 PM »
Yeah, and how David morphed lion, and lions only truly attack humans if they are either hungry, or disturbed. In his oppinion the Animorphs ruined his life. So, he attacked them. Just like the lion.
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:59:18 PM »
That's a good observation.

James also morphed a lion and he was a leader type as well.  I always hoped that James having the same battle morph as David would be foreshadowing for some kind of connection between the two of them, but the books never really mentioned it again. u_u

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:19:28 AM »
 yeah...i think they could have played the ending and the background of some of the characters just a bit more.

funny how Animorphs still play in our minds. =)
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 11:00:15 AM »
That's a good observation.

James also morphed a lion and he was a leader type as well.  I always hoped that James having the same battle morph as David would be foreshadowing for some kind of connection between the two of them, but the books never really mentioned it again. u_u
I think at first it was hard to decide if they could completely trust the auxilaries. Then the leader of them chose the same battle morph as David. That was to mess with the heads of us readers.

I think that I'd probably choose a lion instead of a tiger myself. They have that thick mane protecting their neck, and male lions are basically designed to fight. That's their role in life: protect the lionesses.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »
 they should write a background book on the auxiliaries.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »

I think that I'd probably choose a lion instead of a tiger myself. They have that thick mane protecting their neck, and male lions are basically designed to fight. That's their role in life: protect the lionesses.

Good point, although you have to remember that the Lionesses tend to do all the hunting, as the thick mane of hair is said to spoil the Lion's camouflage when stalking prey.

I do think that for the most part, their morphs fitted them well. 
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
Yea all the morphs were perfect for their personalities and for their role in battle

I think the thing with james choosing a lion was to kinda show the similarities between the two and the situation they were put in and show how james rises (quite literally when hes healed lol) to the occasion

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 06:40:37 PM »
I can see how they relate to each Animorph . . . I've been a long believer in that each of us has a certain animal that symbolizes us.

That's their role in life: protect the lionesses.

Not to argue Nohensen, but it's to protect their cubs, actually.  New males in a pride, that is to say males who take over a pride, often commit infanticide.  That doesn't mean the lionesses don't try to protect their cubs -- like any mother, I suppose.

I think the thing with james choosing a lion was to kinda show the similarities between the two and the situation they were put in and show how james rises (quite literally when hes healed lol) to the occasion

I never thought about that before, Duff.  But, yeah.  You're right.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 07:13:18 PM »
If you think about it, Tobias being trapped as a bird is almost a symbol for the entire group. They were given this incredible freedom that no one else in the world had. They knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are not alone in the universe, and they traveled through space and even through time, with powers beyond what most people could even dream of. Yet at the same time they were trapped in this war they couldn't escape. They gained freedom, but lost it at the same time.

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »
All of the Animorphs had it. Except for Cassie in my opinion. I don't know why I feel this way...I just never felt she had a morph that truly spoke for her.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 01:52:57 AM »

Yeah, that's a good point.  It was more to contrast than compare them.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »
 I like what you said Cerulean it's true.

when I think of what just these 6 kids went through...just their experiences alone...man, that is CRAZY A LOT! lucky...and yet, unlucky.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 08:38:25 PM »
All of the Animorphs had it. Except for Cassie in my opinion. I don't know why I feel this way...I just never felt she had a morph that truly spoke for her.

I kind of feel the same way. Nothing Cassie morphed seemed to REALLY fit her. Her battle morph was one that everyone had. She was the best morpher, but she didn't have something that really suited her.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 08:44:48 PM »
 well....just like she's different than anyone else...maybe her battle morph is not suppose to fit her? Maybe her best morph was the Caterpillar?

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 12:16:54 AM »
I think it fit her pretty well. Especially the fact that it is a morph that everyone else has. Marco, Rachel and Jake all have battle morphs that they specifically went to the Gardens saying I need a morph that is going to be good at killing things. Cassie would never do that. She could never plan to kill things but instead in desperation she morphs the best thing that she already had available to her. Its protective of its friends/pack. Its best at avoiding danger rather than fighting. It has the energy to run around the battle and come to her friends aid. I thought it fit her really well.

There was a thread about cassies battle morph a little while ago, ill try to find it

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 12:52:27 AM »
Maybe the better term would be that she doesn't seem to have a morph that's specifically HERS.

Offline Starsword

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 04:03:51 PM »
I always thought her horse was fitting. Aside from the obvious farm reference, but when I think of a horse, I think of the open plains and John Wayne and Clint Eastwood and the merging of animal and human for a common goal. In the wild they are very symbolic of free spirits, and Cassie was, I think, the most different than the rest of the animorphs. That is to say, she was the farthest removed from their average qualities of do what needs to be done attitude and didn't go with the crowd like Tobias or Ax.
Until then we fight.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
 gosh, all the characters are so amazingly complex!

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 06:19:49 PM »
Amazingly complex. I enjoyed the depth in Rachel's character. Loved seeing her weak and vulnerbale side.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 12:51:38 AM »
 and yet...at the same time. they're fictional. i wish they were real!