Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 37173 times)

warren_bearclaw

Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #1095 on: May 03, 2011, 11:59:29 AM »
Brian manuevered across a couple lanes of traffic -rather aggressively, in fact- towards the entrance to the library. Luckily, it wasn't that far. Not exactly close, but... most drives were much shorter than normal when Brian was behind the wheel. It was a miracle that he didn't get pulled over. He found a parking spot rather quickly, which was good for his temper. He got out, slammed the door, and walked in briskly. After just a little bit of searching, he found Kildor. "Well, here I am. Now what?", was all he said.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #1096 on: May 03, 2011, 12:43:22 PM »
Kildor gave one of his patented sick smiles and stood, grabbing Brians had to shake and whispering in his ear. "Where are the others? We will never be able to do this with just one of you."
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1097 on: May 04, 2011, 11:54:02 AM »
I could care less right now where they're at, he wanted to say. But he knew better than that. There was no value in confiding in Kildor the internal struggles the group was having at the moment. "They should be on their way. I had to come earlier, partly to make sure you knew we were coming. Give them another five or ten minutes, and hopefully they'll be here."

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #1098 on: May 04, 2011, 01:18:52 PM »
Stupid humans Kildor Raged internally, Don't they know that I pick times for a reason. Kildor kept his hosts body nice and relaxed as he released Brian's hand. "That is fine," Kildor lied. "Come with me to the sitting room, my associate at the Libraries main desk will direct them to us when they arrive. Is that acceptable to you?"
Meh.

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #1099 on: May 04, 2011, 07:51:30 PM »
"Right," Kristen said in response to Olivia's comment about the police.  "I, however, am a random morph you picked up on the street."  She put her hand on Olivia's arm and focused, absorbing her DNA.  "Olivia's right, we need someone to stay here and keep an eye on Tarry."  She put a hand on his head.  He was still hot, and convulsing.  "Yeah, we need someone to stay here." 
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

radgeek

« Reply #1100 on: May 05, 2011, 02:54:38 AM »
Jo was over Brian's house seeing the guard.  Only two? Jo wondered she must be missing other guards.  She set down of the other side of the neighbor's fence.

Olivia felt herself being acquired.  It was nice to have a moments peace in her racing brain.

Chad didn't know what to do.  Tarry needed someone to stay with him but he wanted to go on a mission.  "Dad, do you want to look for Jo or should I?  I think one of us needs to stay here."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:33:32 PM by Chrisy (Rad) »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1101 on: May 08, 2011, 01:56:04 AM »
"Fine by me," Brian said. He wasn't one to give conditions. That had gone so well when Tarry had decided to last night... He fumed within, keeping it all under the surface, sure to not tip off Kildor to his struggles. He followed Kildor where he walked off to. After they were in the sitting room, he said, "I've got a question, but don't feel like you have to answer..." Pfft, like this guy would think that for a second... he thought. "Why here?"

Post Merged: May 08, 2011, 02:21:37 AM
This was the perfect opportunity, or so it seemed in Sean's mind. He could keep Chad out of harm's way, and leave someone here with Tarry. "Uh, Kristen. Is there anything that we can do, or is this somehting that Tarry's going to have to pull through on his own? We need to help him, but he also wants us to take action right now. In other words, what would someone who stays need to do for him? Yes, I'd like you to stay, Chad." He didn't want to say it was just to keep him safe.

"It's time to go." His head began to get foggy, and his lips became chapped, and his knees threatened to fail on him. He was not enjoying what he was doing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:21:37 AM by Josh (Bear) »

radgeek

« Reply #1102 on: May 08, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
But I didn't skip school for that, Chad whined to himself.  He was hoping for action.  "I've never taken care of a bird, Kristen.  Oh hope this is easy."

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #1103 on: May 09, 2011, 02:27:47 PM »
Kildor gave one of those smiles and tapped the floor with his foot proudly. "The reason we met here, is because this library is entirely yeerk Run. There is an entrance to the yeerk pool just a few steps from here actually. I designed it myself. It is one of the least used Pool entrances in the entire system, and is therefor perfect for the purposes of the Rebellion. Now, what is keeping your....associates?"
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1104 on: May 12, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »
"Couldn't tell you..." Brian said. He started to realize that it might not have been the smartest move coming here by himself. And now that he tought about it, Sean would probably flip if he knew that he wasn't in any morph.

"Kristen, tell Chad what to do while we're gone. Sorry, son, but someone has to stay. If any of us are going to meet Kildor, we have to go now." He grabs his keys and wallet from the counter... then realizes he should leave his wallet and ID's behind.

radgeek

« Reply #1105 on: May 12, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »
Chad scowled. "Why do I have to stay behind and do all the fun stuff?" he complained. "It's not fair..." He lookd at the shivering parrot and shut up. At least he'd be watching Tarry and Tarry would have a chance. Or so he hoped.

Olivia reached it to the hiding place for her gun.  "I know how to use the dracon," she said.  "So I have that.  But to be on the safe side, do you want my gun, Kristen?"  She stood by the door.

Jo didn't mind shrinking or her skin hardening or the extra legs.  What she didn't like was the vision loss and the panic of the roach mind.  But she handled it before so it was easier.  Now where is that house?  Which way is it?

(((epic Yeerk post!)))

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #1106 on: May 12, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »
I don't know what to do! But aloud, Kristen said to Chad, "When he starts convulsing less, take him out of the sink.  You might want to pat him down with a towel too--he might start freaking out when he gets fully aware again and sees that he's soaking.  And keep him away from the coffee."  When Olivia offered her gun, Kristen gulped.  "I...I dunno," she said slowly.  "I've never...used a gun before.  But if I'm you...it might be practical."  She reached out hesitantly for the weapon.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1107 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:46 PM »
"I'm glad you think this is the fun part. I think I'd be worried for you if you were looking forward to the Yeerk Pool..." Sean said to his son. He hoped it hadn't been a misspeak. He knew kids liked action, but... he was scared to death of his son ending up down there. "We'll be back soon." He says, trying to convince himself it wasn't a total lie. He held the door open for the others.

radgeek

« Reply #1108 on: May 13, 2011, 10:30:43 AM »
After Kristen had the gun, she said, "It's simple to use.  I'll explain in the car.  But we need to move now."  She went out the door her imaginations of the problems that could arise played in her head again.  But the fear didn't show on her face, her face was a bit on the cold side.  She left for the car.

Post Merged: May 15, 2011, 11:08:09 PM
Chad nodded, "Riiight. Just make sure the parrot doesn't freak out. Easy enough. Though I so did not skip school to babysit a parrot," he added as Sean opened the door. "Yeah. Soon. I'll see you later." The door closed and Chad was quiet. What if they never came back? What if...no, it'd be better not to think about it. Instead, he turned to look at Tarry.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:08:09 PM by Chrisy (Rad) »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1109 on: May 16, 2011, 12:14:09 AM »
After a little bit of motivation, Sean, Olivia, and Kristen all got in the car, and headed off for the library. It was tense, at least for Sean. How many people would willing drive to their deaths? How could he justify taking Kristen to a place like this? How had he allowed Brian to run off on his own like he did? How was he supposed to execute the mission without the full cooperation of those under him? He crammed those conflicting thoughts into a small corner of his mind, not wanting to deal with them. He was just going to do what he had to do. He ignored the small voice from somewhere in the tumultuous storm that was his emotion, the one that prodded him to ask himself, "But what do you have to do?". He couldn't face that. Not while he was driving. Not while he was leading the others. Not... ever.

It was a ten minute drive to the library. Sean didn't say a word, until they pulled into back of the parking lot. “Alright. You two uh, do your stuff. I'm going to go after Jo. Where ever she is. I'm going to check out Brian's place, and maybe a few other places, then uh, I guess I'll.. I don't know. I'll see you back at the apartment." He waited for the girls to exit the vehicle.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:45:29 PM by Bear »