Author Topic: Morphing tech theory  (Read 3237 times)

esplin

Re: Morphing tech theory
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 11:12:25 PM »
reminds me of METALGEAR
nanotechnology is awesome, great theory.  Are the tiny robots passed into your body though the escafil device

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 11:49:09 PM »
could be that's what the tingling feeling is. you know how after you recieve the morphing power, you feel a little tingle, could be that's the nanotechnology entering your body.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 05:21:52 AM »
yeah, that could probably it... the only flaw is the power source. Surely, there could be no power source that could power those nanities for a lifetime, let alone a week. Maybe the real morphing power is rechargable?
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 06:40:01 AM »
yeah, that could probably it... the only flaw is the power source. Surely, there could be no power source that could power those nanities for a lifetime, let alone a week. Maybe the real morphing power is rechargable?

Surly they would have found away to run it off the body. That's why morphing is so exhausting, you're burning off hundreds, maybe thousands of calories to do it. Plus you get to save the world AND stay in shape!
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 06:41:59 AM »

Surly they would have found away to run it off the body. That's why morphing is so exhausting, you're burning off hundreds, maybe thousands of calories to do it. Plus you get to save the world AND stay in shape!

they don't need to morph to stay in shape. all that running and fighting, that's enough exercise for ten lifetimes.

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 07:59:16 AM »
could be that's what the tingling feeling is. you know how after you recieve the morphing power, you feel a little tingle, could be that's the nanotechnology entering your body.

Some reseachers say that nanotechnology, being so small, could theoretically run of of the ambient magnetic field of the planet, or even just the energy of blood being pumped through the body.

How the hell did D come up with this before I did!?

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 03:59:25 AM »
The other downside is, If this technology is every created, it should be tested first... on what... animals? Hehehehe... Cassie would disapprove of that.. =P

Otherwise, this thing might actually be feasible, if humans understand finally how Z-space works.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 04:10:15 AM »
I don't think animals would understand how to morph anyway. the cape buffalo in #39 was probably just mimicking. If you use animals to test it, that means nobody else has had the morphing power yet.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 04:13:13 AM »
no, i meant that if the technology would create a new disease, similar to "I am legend".  ;D
You know, the nanotech thingy might have a surprising side effect to humans (like growing, a tail blade, hooves, and stalk eyes).

Offline Early

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 06:50:22 AM »
Well it's been said they draw mass from Z-Space i think.  Z-Space is nothing as in no space and no matter, but I always thoguht of it as pure energy.  I thought they took energy from Z-Space and transformed it into matter (fantastic, I know.)

I really liked the theory posed in the Ender's Game series.  That there is a UNspace (scary, right?) Where there is nothing but possibilities.  They call these "aiua's".  They are... Spirits? whose only characteristic is a desire to exist in real space.  This is where you actually are right now.  Your body is connected to this aiua in the unspace.  So you're actually a aiua and your body is your avatar.  The 0 to 3rd dimension.  Kind of like playing a video game you connect from the 3rd to the 2nd dimension (computer screens are 2d)

I always blended the two different authors descriptions of what seemed like the same thing.  So when they morph, the cube breaks into unspace and somehow activates them by sending or displaying a pattern for the aiua's to form and they happily exist.

"Something witty and compelling in quotation marks... Heck, why not, it rhymes too."

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 11:29:13 PM »
Cool, Early.  I was about to post something similar, but you beat me too it.  So, I'll follow with developments.  Later though.  I need to make something up first.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 02:17:26 AM »
When one morphs a large animal, where does the extra mass come from?

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 10:16:52 AM »
Z space. They take in materials from Z space to make their big morphs
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member