Author Topic: If you could make an animorphs crossover...  (Read 13548 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: If you could make an animorphs crossover...
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2009, 08:30:33 PM »
I used to watch Xena. You could replace centaurs with Andalites. What about Yeerks?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2009, 02:04:59 AM »
On the Xena note, and one Capnerrifir's stories generally, what about a story/what would've happened had the yeerks invaded during another time period? Imagine if they had arrived during the 15th century a few fun facts: the Mexica/Aztecs were so horrible that the other South and Central Americans sold out to the Spanish just to get rid of them? Would they have sold out to the yeerks (admittedly my source is not strong)
http://www.cracked.com/article_16972_5-most-terrifying-civilizations-in-history-world.html
http://www.cracked.com/article_16645_5-people-youve-never-heard-who-saved-world.html (number 3)
Or a bit later  (like 17th century)
Would the slave trade instead of being about cotton plantations been about selling people to the yeerks, obviously the human race would've lost utterly, and the animorphs would be living on different continents (Marco somewhere in Central or South America, Cassie in Africa, Jake and Rachel in Shetls, Tobias would've probably have been the been the best off)... Now there is a crossover that would be hard to write.

Offline DraconianMe

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »
hee..I'd personally like to see the Animorphs + Andalites vs the USA whee Obama! or better yet...Bush :P ok ok I'm being mean, I'll stop

Animorphs + F.R.I.E.N.D.S..all of them are animorphs!
Animorphs + Roswell.. I used to love that show..

Offline Icedevimon

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »
Heh, I think Animorphs would mesh well with any series that deals with monsters. I've actually just started up a role play on another site that deals with mixing Animorphs and Pokemon. We've got five players right now (hopefully soon to be more) and we're writing in first person, in the vein of the books. So far it's coming out really fun, and once we actually start morphing it should be interesting to test out the powers of the pokemon against the Animorphs aliens.
My role plays: Digimon, Pokemon, and Pokemon meets Animorphs!
New Century Dawn | Evolution of the Heart | Pokemorphs: The Invasion

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2009, 12:58:29 PM »
People seem to like the idea of a Animorphs/Pokemon crossover. Got to morph them all? How would that story pan out, and would you use one of the crime syndicates? Rocket, Magma/Aqua, or Galactic?

I'm a pretty big pokemon fan, so I might try doing the roleplay. What site is that?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Icedevimon

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »
I think it's because Pokemon lends itself to the concept so well. Each one is like an alien in and of itself, and by morphing them we might stand a chance against some of Visser Three's more mean morphs.

The RP itself is set in an unnamed land. Whether it's the pokeworld or our Earth is up to the player's mind, but there are cities and towns, and there's all the technology like there is on Earth.

So far the story is just like the books. The yeerks have come to the planet and started taking on humans as hosts. They have yet to focus on pokemon, but they are on their list of things to look into.

The world is different than the pokemon world we usually know though. There's no catching pokemon, and there's no big deal to have them all. They are literally just like our animals, just beefed up.

I haven't mentioned any of the teams in the RP itself yet, but I am planning on having the Rockets be a bunch of voluntary controllers who want to stir up trouble on Earth. It would also provide them a more violent way to round up hosts outside of the school setting.

The rules are kind of strict though. I'm not picky with what morphs you get, but they must be inquired about before hand, and the posts have to be at least a specific length. I don't allow one-line posts in my RPs at any time. <_< I'm a serious RPer who makes serious RPs, so I make sure that things are done right.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:18:20 PM by Icedevimon »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »
I will look into it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2009, 03:03:46 PM »
That'd be interesting. I'd hunt down the nearest legendary!

Doctor Who/Animorphs! How sick would that be? Dracon beams against the Daleks? Muahaha!
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Icedevimon

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
That's why, with the exception of the small ones, the legendaries don't exist in the RP ;)

Gotta control the power somehow~

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
*scoff* Talk about a downer. I'd RP that Giratina opened a warp and let them out. Loopholes FTW!!!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2009, 05:15:49 PM »
What if V3 morphed some legendaries instead of some random aliens from other planets?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Icedevimon

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »
He's going to be morphing aliens most of the time. However, he is going to go after some of the birds and such, and that is going to be a plot at some point. There's no way in heck though that I'm allowing Dialga or Palkia, or other similar legends, to exist. WAY too powerful.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2009, 06:32:16 PM »
Well that's no fun.  >:(

The best part of Pokemon is the legendaries. :P

Offline CDJV

• Sadist :)
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2009, 08:45:18 PM »
He's going to be morphing aliens most of the time. However, he is going to go after some of the birds and such, and that is going to be a plot at some point. There's no way in heck though that I'm allowing Dialga or Palkia, or other similar legends, to exist. WAY too powerful.

Hmm...Visser 3 manages to capture the legendaries (like in the second movie) acquires and blends them all and morphs Zapmolcuno...

Yeah, sounded better in my head.

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2011, 02:11:26 PM »
I already mentioned some of my ideas, like Tracker (it was also about aliens taking over human bodies, but the hosts died. At least the main character and the main villain would be immune...you can't infest a being that's energy-based. But seeing Zin throw Visser Three accross the room with his mind=win) and Bones, (I'm working on a Bones one) and there's a nice CSI one on FF.Net that's already been mentioned. CSI NY goes along with the CSI class even though they're different shows. (I don't watch Miami, but I ought to write a humor one just for the heck of it, the Yeerk in Horatio Caine telling the Visser "I want a new host, I can't stand this human! He's always talking in such strange ways in here. And I'm getting tired of the thing with the sunglasses all the time." (no offense to any fans of the show).

I do intend to re-write the Dusk crossover mentioned in the other thread. Tobias meets girl with hawk DNA and eyes=awesome crossover potential.

There are some good Maximum Ride ones there, although I have only read some of those books.

I forgot to mention my Planet of the Apes idea...sario rip, multi-lane highway future theory and everyone morphing chimp to try and not get caught. (or gorilla in Marco's case) Oh and since the mutants underground already use thought-speech, I'd love to write Ax's reaction to that. And there's a built in ride back home with the explosion at the end of Beneath if nothing else. Either that or I combine it with the reboot, Rise of the Planet of the Apes...Marco morphing gorilla to hang out with Caesar. Or Cassie, she's the big animal person.

I've never tried Roswell or Buffy, due to them being mentioned as fictional 'verses, but some people have...one had Cassie being called as a slayer. (Buffy *could* be crossed, just because it has so many dimensions...someon e could just get sucked into another dimension somehow. Or it could happen now, after the magic's been sucked out of their world, as much as I loathe the comics.)

I'm a huge Merlin fan, but IDK if I could work in a third time travel story. Plus there's the magic, which, I agree isn't easy to cross. Which saves us from Yeerks invading sparkly vampires lololol. (I did enjoy The Host though) Although that said, it might work with Forever Knight, where the vampirism had a lot of science in it.

I also already mentioned the Dino Squad cartoon...kids who morphed dinosaurs is what that was about. The desire's easy to see.

And in the dinosaur area, I've thought of Dinotopia,(the books, not the crappy TV series) but morphing there would not be easy. All the saurians are sentient and you'd need permission. ANd of course no controllers, unless they could make a kendrona out of sunstones or something. No way off the island to get back to the pool.

Animorphs/Highlander...now that'd be fun. Just what they'd need, immortal controllers. Hard to say with that one, since there is as, to put it like the show, 'a kind of magic', but it's very real world at the same time. At least until they started adding in demons and stuff, *rolls eyes* season six sucked eggs.

I'm surprised on one said Stargate. I don't watch the series, but it'd work. Can you imagine a stargate to the Andalite world? Or Doctor Who. Which I don't watch either.

One more book that would be interesting, there's a teen one out since last year called Stuck on Earth...I'm thinking the author read Animorphs or something. The alien was a slug from a planet with a lot of mud pools and took over a kid to see what humans were like. Except he used the nose, not the ear. And had a way to paralyze him before entering. He also put the kid's mind somewhere else where he could access it when he had to, but it wouldn't be in the way. I kept imagining him crawling in to find a Yeerk already present.

I also think the author of the Molly Moon books read ANimorphs too. However, that book's morphing wasn't like ani-morphing.

Another show that would work is Sanctuary...I only watched some of it, but it's about a place that studies and harbors 'abnormals' or strange creatures. It's on Sfyfy.

*wonders also about Warehouse 13 or Fringe crossovers*
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:14:42 PM by AniMel23 »