Author Topic: Anyone here working on Alternamorphs #3 fanfiction?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

Anyone here working on Alternamorphs #3 fanfiction?
« on: August 15, 2008, 05:56:38 PM »
I'd like to read it.

It could have The Mutation or The Extreme or The Decision or The Familiar or The Journey or The Suspicion or The Escape as inspiration for adventures.

Just like Alternamorphs #1 took inspiration from The Invasion and The Forgotten and Alternamorphs #2 took inspiration from the David trilogy, In the Time of Dinosaurs and The Attack.

Battling giant monsters and aliens and white blood cells when you've been shrunk or mutants and psychic squids under the sea makes for very exciting reading
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Anyone here working on Alternamorphs #3 fanfiction?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »
Forgive me for sounding snarky, Yorick, but can't you just LOOK to see if anyone has made such a fan-fic?
I mean, if there's an Animorphs-based fic written by any of us, it is GOING to be here, or a link will take you to it FROM this board.

I'd suggest, perhaps, that any future inquiries about specific types of fan-fiction be taken to the sticky thread on this board where people can comment on (AND ask about) fan-art. It's the best place to discuss these things, and it saves the main board from clutter.
 :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 08:14:22 PM »
I've actually considered writing a fanfic in the canon of the first Alternamorphs, but I never got around to it. Mostly I couldn't come up with a plot.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 09:11:16 PM »
Forgive me for sounding snarky, Yorick, but can't you just LOOK to see if anyone has made such a fan-fic? Forgive me for sounding snarky, Yorick, but can't you just LOOK to see if anyone has made such a fan-fic?

::) Um, I did say working on, didn't I?

I already knew that there was little-to-none Alternamorphs fanfiction here so I asked if anyone was working on so they could post it sometime in the future?

Estelore, I haven't fought with you at all in weeks. Why ruin a good thing with this attitude. Leaving the annoying questions to Morfowt.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:37:14 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 09:19:38 PM »
What attitude? *sincere puzzlement*
 ???

I knew that it could SOUND snarky, so I warned against interpreting it in that way, didn't I?
That really was NOT the intent!

I haven't fought with you at all in weeks. Why ruin a good thing with this attitude.

Ditto, Yorick. ;)

Please, let us also leave Morfowt out of this. If you have a problem with him or with anyone, it really doesn't belong here.

Peace? *olive branch extended, in a not-at-all-Freudian way*

(Note-to-self: Stop thinking about anything Freudian. It gets weird looks.)

Everyone other than Yorick:
As a personal favour to me, if you have any particular emotional upset by the things said in these past posts, please refrain from starting anything. I like my peace. :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline musicman88

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 10:42:11 PM »
People, let's not loose our heads here.  CHILL OUT!

And I've wanted to try and make something like an Alternamorphs type "choose your own adventure" thing, but it just seems like a whole lot of work and I'm lazy...
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »
Seeing as I have truckloads of fanfics and fanfic/crossovers and regualar books and books that could either be a fanfic or a book I might as well add a really confusing fanfic that could go so weird and wrong if I don't focus on it to the truck. My computer will explode if I put many more on it. My brain already has. In fact, I should start sweeping it off the floor. Now I have to go save a mouse from my cabinet without letting my mom know and sneak it to my dad's narrowly avoiding my cats undying hunger for mouse meat. This is going to be interesting. Hey, maybe sometime I'll be able to aquire it! If I can find my Escafil Device anywhere. I left it under my bed and lost it! My mom probably threw it away...
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.

Offline musicman88

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 09:27:06 PM »
*calls the mental institution*

Yes, she's right here talking about Aliens and all sorts of other funny stuff.  She needs help.  You'll be here in 15 minutes?  Great!  See you then.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 04:47:55 AM »
Seeing as I have truckloads of fanfics and fanfic/crossovers and regualar books and books that could either be a fanfic or a book I might as well add a really confusing fanfic that could go so weird and wrong if I don't focus on it to the truck. My computer will explode if I put many more on it. My brain already has. In fact, I should start sweeping it off the floor. Now I have to go save a mouse from my cabinet without letting my mom know and sneak it to my dad's narrowly avoiding my cats undying hunger for mouse meat. This is going to be interesting. Hey, maybe sometime I'll be able to aquire it! If I can find my Escafil Device anywhere. I left it under my bed and lost it! My mom probably threw it away...
I think my brain exploded from reading all that...

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 09:23:56 PM »
Uhhh. As for that last part, it was just a joke. But I bet you probably knew that, though. *sighs* I'm still picking up pieces of my brain. But the mouse part really was true. In fact, I think I hear it crunching on some potato chips right now... No joke!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:11:03 PM by tobiasfan21 »
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.