Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 591576 times)

redtailedsaffa

Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #3645 on: September 05, 2014, 12:09:29 AM »
What the...?

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #3646 on: September 05, 2014, 06:38:49 AM »
Those were the pictures of the Xenophage --and its not particularly easy to find info on them, because apparently they only appear in three issues of Marvel comics. And they only showed one, and in the second one it was the NYPD in the chopper apparently.

New book ideas!

• Book CDXL: "Colonization" -- Humans go about to colonize the solar system (even Saturn, aware of the Veleek problem), but a group of hyper-religious purists try to stop and sabotage them. (Still debating on whether to make this inside or outside continuity.)
  • Book CDXLI: "Beasts Unleashed!" -- The Emotional Entities are freed.
  • Book CDXLII: "Shadow, the Babysitter" -- Shadow is roped into babysitting Pierce.
  • Book CDXLIII: "Billionaire Brat" -- A billinoaire child attempts to buyout RAF.
  • Book CDXLIV: "Alpha Technarchy" -- An old enemy merges and controls the Technarchy.
  • Book CDXLV: "A Past All Broken" -- Delving into Broken's past.
  • Book CDXLVI: "What's Inside" -- An accident pulls out the inner chdren of the RAFians, even Cloak.
  • Book CDXLVII: "Planet Brokering" -- An alien species attempts to sell Earth. Sell the planet, which they don't own.
  • Book CDXLVIII: "Fugitive Souls" -- The RAFians get caught between the plight of two fugitive souls and the spectral bounty hunter called Warden Warren Walker.
  • Book CDXLIX: "Another Wild Story" -- Delving into Wild's backstory.
  • Book CDL: "Absorbing Man" -- In his father's nightmare, Pierce grows up to be able to absorb anyone possessing a Mark in totality.
  • Book CDLI: "Acolytes and Alliances" -- Two RAFian enemies come across the Darkness, who turns one into its Dark Acolyte, causing the other to make an uneasy alliance with the RAFians.
  • Book CDLII: "The Rahkshi Initiative" -- The Darkness uses its two Dark Acolytes to create what it calls Rahkshi.
  • Book CDLIII: "The Evisorak" -- The Dark Acolytes create mechanical beings who appear to be somewhere between Visorak and Arachnoids morphologically.
  • Book CDLIV: "Brain Replacements" -- The Dark Acolytes create a monsterous parasite from the Cymothos exigua, with similar powers. . . .

Don't think I rehashed anything. But if I did, I think I can work around it.

New chapter.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
Dinner!

The RAfians had knowledge of Rodney Grace. They had a bit of a scuffle with his contingent of Knights, with him in the shadows. It was over in two seconds, but gave the RAFians the heads up of his existance. It happened before the whole Corruption deal, but was so minor that mosstRAFians were dismissive of it. The Knights were like sandbox bullies compared to the big bads they had faced before -- they couldn't hold a candle to Malice or Cataclysm or Madre de Vampyra or the Black Mercy.

Grace just kept screaming. It wasn't a scream of rage or fury, but one of pure terror. He stood rooted to the spot, face emanating absolute and undeniable fear. Grace was far too conceited and supercilious to believe that he was in any danger. The symbiote remained hidden, as if to hide from the predator that it most foolishly had decided to investigate without even considering that it could be a Xenophage.

But the Xenophage wasn't so easily fooled. It had managed to survive the destruction of its home world, the world where the symbiotes lived, from a certain cosmic entity. It quickly lost interest in the RAFians, which perplexed them. It moved toward Grace, who stood rooted to the spot with fear, screaming like an overexcited Belieber, or however you spell that stupid term, only screaming with terror.

When the Xenophage began frothing at the mouth with yellowish drool, Cloak started to suspect something about Grace. But hoped he was wrong, because he remembered that the Xenophage doesn't discriminate against symbiote and host, that it's a brain-eater, like some symbiotes are. Even someone as vile as Rodney Grace and his ilk don't deserve such a fate.

But Niss finally gave up tye pretense, when it realized that it wasn't working and that the Xenophage was on to it. This Xenophage was an experienced symbiote hunter, it wouldn't have been fooled by the trick every hosted symbiote pulled. It wasn't that young or naive, but what it was was hungry.

"Come here," the Xenophage said in a completely inhuman rasp.

"No!" Grace said, shifting involuntarily into a form like Carnage, Hawk from DC, and Spawn had been fused and thoroughly integrated together. This was the "spandex form", so to speak. "No! Go away!"

The Xenomorph rasped a chuckle, and said, rather sinisterly, as it moved in for the kill, "That's what they all say."

Grace tried to escape but was cut off at every turn. Cloak soon realized that the Xenophage could have ended this quickly with that fiery toxin of its. But it didn't. It was enjoying this struggle, this chase. It didn't want it to end too soon, no matter how hungry it was. It was a hunter by nature, and an usual one at that.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:34:58 AM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3647 on: September 05, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
Rather Dead

Close to their deadline, Abby, Saffa, and Noelle morphed back. All injuries gone and forgotten, but still somewhat mesmerized by the transpiring envents. Hunter and Gaze lowered their weapons. Laserbeak transformed back into parrot mode.

Meanwhile, Cloak's mind was going a mile a minute. There had to be something they could do. Something, anything at all. No one deserved such a fate as having your brain eaten. . . . Of course!

Cloak inhaled deeply, then used his aerokineticalky-enhanced roar, his Mega-Roar. He made it as loud as he could. The Xenophage was distracted (and, apparently, annoyed) by it, sure, but that was not his intention. It forced Niss of Grace's body as he stumbled away from both Niss and the Xenophage. The Xenophage began to play with Niss the way a housecat would play with a mouse.

"Noelle." Cloak said without turning around. She was quick on the uptake. She galloped over to Grace as fast as her hoove would allow, and proceeded to try to pick Grace up. But Andalite arms aren't the strongest of species, and it didn't help that Grace was actually resisting her helping him.

"Hey!" Cloak snapped. "We saved you from having your brain being chowed down! Now let us get you to safety!"

"I'd have rather have had let it eat me," Grace spat, in a most rude, vitriolic way. "Then allow myself to continue to be besmirched by you pathetic lower beings!"

"We saved your life, you ungrateful bigot!" Saffa snarled. "You could show a little gratitude for it. We didn't have to. We could have let the Xenomorph --"

"Xenophage." Cloak corrected, in an aside.

"Whatever!" Saffa said, nettled. "We could have let it have you, and the world would have been a better place! Better without you and your self-righteous band of bigots!"

"Ours is the noble path! Our is the right path! The human species is the only sentient species in existence! Other species might have human-like sentience, but they never can come close to our true sentience." Grace pontificated. "Homo sapiens is the absolute epitome of evolution. We are what everything wants to become! We are what everything wishes they were!"

"Suddenly, it's like talking to Realm Walker government," Cloak muttered, shaking his head. No one heard him, though.

"Funny," Hunter said, with a thoughtfulness and faux stillness to his tone. "If you were so much superior to other species, how you were unable to break the symbiote's hold over you."

"I -- I, uh --"

"You can't come up with a counterargument," Abby said, with a flat tone to emphasis how unimpressed she was with this guy. She was watching the Xenophage continue to play with symbiote, still like a housecat, only more sadistic now. "Further proving that you, and the Knights you head, simply consist just foolish fundamentalists, tyrannical traditionalists and egocentric extremists -- some all three. You and your groupies are just sad, and to be pitied."

"Why you ignorant whelp!" Grace said, in scandalized tones. "Hiw dare you claim to understand our complex goals, our aims, when you debase yourself by rubbing shoulders with --"

FWAP!

Grace collapsed on the ground. Noelle had hit him with the side of her tail-blade with precision accuracy -- cultivated by her time as a RAFian.

<I am sorry,> she said. <but this is not the time for squabbles about politics and moral superiority. We have to get this guy out of here so he doesn't become the martyr he wishes to be. Here, help me get him on my back.>

They did, while the Xenophage continued to enjoy its sadistic game with the symbiote. They secured him and Noelle dumped him off a ways away from the battleground. Then she morphed Psychlopterran and flew back to the battleground quicker than she galloped back.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3648 on: September 05, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
Ugh. I would've slapped him too.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3649 on: September 05, 2014, 08:56:01 PM »
Me too, Saffa. America is full of people like them, unfortunately. And they ain't going away anytime soon, I'm afraid.

New chapter.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
Om Nom Nom Nom!

When Noelle had returned, she didn't immediately demorph. Psycholepterran are useful as battle morphs, if only for their mesmerizing abilities. She looked around, and spot the the others gazing at something, looking revolted.

She looked round and saw that the Xenophage had decided that it played with its food long enough. It was devouring Niss in an overly loud and overtly oleaginous way. It was a revolting, vile thing to hear, much less see. The symbiote had been paralyzed with the incendiary neurotoxic salvia -- which apparently "enhances the flavor" to the Xenophage.

All the RAFians had froze in disgusted shock. This was the inevitable outcome, but it was still an unpleasant sight. You could turn away an not look at it, but you could not block out the sounds -- the oily slurping, the frenzied voice clamoring over "how good it tasted" --they were very pervasive.

Noelle morphed back, trying not to watch, but as soon as her stalk eyes reformed, they were drawn to the sight. Sometimes having stalk eyes were a pain.

Soon (but not soon enough), it was over. Niss was gone. Eaten. Being digested. What a way to go. And yet, somehow, Cloak had the distinct feeling that Horse would not be fazed by this, at least not as much as they were, having been frequently swallowed whole by the Pootang.

It was done and it was satisfied with a full stomach . . . or fuller than it was before. But it was a sensation that apparently did not last long as it then attempted to attack the RAFians again. Seemingly unprovoked, with unnecessary aggression.

"Hey, what a cotton-pickin' minute here," Hunter said, forced to holster his guns, having ran out of ammo. He would have to rely on claws and teeth now. He continued, "You just fed, on nine symbiotes in one no less, so why attack us?"

"I don't have to explain myself to you," it rasped. "Just die."

"No thanks."

"Good, resist. That would make the act of slaying you all the more gratifying!" it rasped rapturously. "Resist me! Fight me! Then die!"

Then it became clear to Cloak. Cloak understood the Xenophage's reaction to attack them. The Realm Walker uttered, "Predatory instinct."

"What?" Gaz said, still firing Laserbeak's shots, but they weren't anymore effective as the ones before.

"Predatory instinct," Cloak said, moving about the battlefield gracefully, attempting to use the elments against this beast, but it would not be dazed or anything. It was more slippery than an eel or a politician. Cloak continued, "Abby, Noelle, Safga. You've all morphed predators, you should be well acquainted with the concept. As should you, Hunter, being a anthropomorphic wolf, and you, Gaz, being a vampire."

"But I suppress those instincts," Gaz pointed out.

"Doesn't change the fact that you're aware of them." Cloak said, pulling of some moves and techniques that only one with feline agility and flexibility could pull off. He proceeded, "It is this instinct that drives predators to opportunistically hunt when a prey animal presents itself in such a way that it could be overpowered."

"Stop lecturing and die!" the Xenophage grated harshly.

"You clearly know nothing of my physiology," Cloak said, addressing the monster. It had the unintended consequence of confusing the monster, who was thinking that it had something to do with lecturing instead of the Xenomorph being physically incapable of killing Cloak.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3650 on: September 06, 2014, 12:19:32 AM »
Ewww.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3651 on: September 06, 2014, 05:16:21 AM »
Yes. Eww.

Anyway, I'm currently planning out Book CCCXXXIV ("That's A Mood-Changer"), which, ironically I suppose, may be similar in tone to this book. I won't know exactly until I write it.

New books ideas! Yes, I'm being possibly unreasonably ambitious!

• Book CDLV: "Mech Wars" -- Giant mech fighting becomes a popular, if not expensive, sport. But thieves develop Headmaster Units. . . .
  • Book CDLVI: "The Sigma Headmaster" -- A roboticist transfers his mind into a HU.
  • Book CDLVII: "Call Me . . . Wiley" -- Another roboticist/anarchist uses war machines to spread anarchy.

Titles are subject to change. But tell me what you think. I don't think I rehashed anything, though this probably could be considered the "Mech Arc", but I dunno . . .

New chapter.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
Gluttonous Glob!

"C'mere!" it rasped, reaching for the Realm Walker, who easily somersaulted out of its reach with his feline agility and speed. He landed daintily, on his feet, face serious and devoid of emotion. His head was bowed to the ground a little.

Then he looked up and nimbly dodged a flailing tendril strike. To the other RAFians it might not be clear what Cloak was doing. Cloak knew the morphers were exhausted from the morphing, that was plainly seen. He knew Hunter and Laserbeak's munitions were also exhausted. There was only on option left to them now. The option he wanted to implement the least.

"Now I have you!" it snarled with a breathy chuckle. Cloak was surrounded in a nightmare cage of tendrils. Cloak felt no fear. The Xenophage was doing just precisely what it wanted it to do. Its attention was solely on him and not the others. It wanted to eat him, unaware what the consequences would entrail -- er, entail. "I have you, I have you! I win! I win, I win, I win, I win, I win, I win!"

Cloak smiled rather devilishly, "Do you now?"

"Yes, I d-- why are you smiling?" it said, remembering that prey doesn't smile when caught. This perplexed the beast to no end. " I demand you an-- where'd you go?"

For the Realm Walker had vanished as the beast blinked. Only a slight indention in the ground was left where he had stood. And suffice it to say, that this infuriated the creature. It had thought its trap was escape-proof, only to be proven mere seconds later how that simply was not the case.

Cloak blasted its backside with fire. He couldn't risk it losing interest in him and having it go after the others. There would be no time for hesitation now. Cloak, althought he did not like it, knew what had to be done. The Xenomphage would not leave this planet of its own volition, so it would have to pay the price. He couldn't allow himself to ponder on whether he had the right to make such a decision.

"Time for Plan K," Cloak muttered so the other RAFians, but not the Xenophage, could hear him.

"What?" Gaz asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Plan K? Kelly?" Abby asked.

"Can't be," Saffa said, shaking her head. "She's back at the forum."

<A bit more explanation would n-->

CHOMP!

The Xenophage's jaws grew to mammoth proportions, and it swallowed Cloak whole.

"CLOAK!!!" the other RAFians shouted in shock.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 05:09:07 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3652 on: September 06, 2014, 08:13:14 PM »
More book ideas.

• Book CDLVIII: "Ascending On High" -- The HU-housed roboticist becomes a sentient computer virus, able to "possess" any machine.
  • Book CDLIX: "Elemental Warrior Effigies" -- The Dark Acolytes produce eleven effigies of the ancient Elemental Warriors, and their mounts, some of which can combine with each other.
  • Book CDLX: "The Darkness" -- The obvious identity of the Darkness is rrevealed, as the two Dark Acolytes start to come to their senses.
  • Book CDLXI: "Huggies" -- The RAFians meet some rather undesirable huggers.
  • Book CDLXII: "A Family Hat" -- Two villains, and enemies of the RAFians, have a child.
  • Book CDLXIII: "Identity Thieves-To-Be" -- A trio attempt to steal the identities of three RAFians.
  • Book CDLXIV: "Longevity, At A Cost" -- A man maintains his immortality by stealing the years from others.

Again, the titles are subject to change. Don't think I rehashed anything. Tell me what you think about the book ideas.

New chapter.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
Mourn Not!

The Xenophage burped crudely and obviously. The RAFians were stunned by the swiftness of the act. Cloak was there one minute, gone the next. Not even he could have reacted in time.

"Cloak . . ." Gaz said, unable to take the horror from her voice.

"How?" Hunter said, flummoxed. "How could this have happened?"

"But . . . he can't be dead," Saffa said.

"Saffa, he was eaten." Abby said.

"He can't be dead," Saffa said, with conviction.

<Do you deny your senses, Saffa? You saw what . . . what happened.> Noelle said, noticing through a stalk eye, that the Xenophage seemed full. It wasn't coming after them anytime soon.

"You guys are forgetting one crucial detail." Saffa said, looking at them all in turn. "Cloak is a Realm Walker, and the Xenomphage isn't!"

"That's obvious, Saffa." Hunter said, eyebrow raised quizzically.

But Abby got what Saffa was getting at almost immediately. "Of course! It's so stupidly simple. The Xenophage can't kill Cloak because --"

"-- Because it isnt a Realm Walker!" Saffa finished the thought. "Cloak's told us time and time again, only a Realm Walker can kill a Realm Walker!"

Then, quite suddenly, it seemed like the Xenophage was having a severe stomach ache. A light was leaking though its body. Within minutes it was no longer in existance. Cloak had quickly donned his cloak again before any lasting damage could happen to the realm. It takes prolonged exposure to cause detrimental damage.

"Glad to hear you guys have been paying attention to me, then." Cloak said, brushing off his cloak.

"That's what Plan K was? Getting eaten?" Gaz chatized the Realm Walker.

He just shrugged and said, "It worked for Tommy Lee Jones in MIB."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:19:47 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3653 on: September 07, 2014, 12:23:58 AM »
So many books! :o

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3654 on: September 07, 2014, 05:33:21 AM »
Yep.

New chapter. Last one for this book.

CHAPTER TWENTY:
Fall For Grace

"You cannot come back here," said a voice whose owner was in shadow. "You've allowed yourself to be dirtied with loweer filth."

Instead of trying to explain his position or circumstance, Grace arrogantly blusters, "I am your KING."

"You were our king," said another voice, whose owner was in shadow as well. "But you allowed nonhuman filth to corrupt you, to sully you. You are no longer pure as all other Knights are."

"You can no longer be the steward of humanity's purity, protector of humanity's abject sovereignty, overseer to humanity's species superiority." said a third voice, whose owner was in shadow with the first two. "You are unfit to be our king. You must step down."

"I will not!" Grace said, in scandalized tones. He did not go without the opulent lifestyle being the King of the Knights of Humanity came with. A lifestyle that was, quite obviously undeserved for any Knight. Or any hate group for that matter. "I will not! You, the Round Table Council, are wrong!"

"We do not agree," said the first voice.

"We cannot have a leader who has allowed himself to be dirtied -- sullied! -- by contact with the extraterrestrial mongrels." the third voice said.

"The King is supposed to be pure," said the second voice, "pure of pedigree, body, heart, and soul. You are contaminated."

"Step down," said the first voice.

"Step down," agreed the third voice.

"Step down," intoned the second.

"NO!" Grace yelled at the top of his lungs.

"If that is your decision, then," said the second voice with a sigh. "We will do what we must."

"You are hereby impeached." said the first voice.

"You will gather things and leave the premises." said the third voice.

"You can't do this!" Grace exclaimed.

"We can." said the second voice.

"And we did." stated the first voice.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3655 on: September 07, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »
That was a disturbing end...

And the PDF. :D

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3656 on: September 07, 2014, 04:53:50 PM »
Good work, cloaky!

Ok, fun reading time is done. Time to get back to reading for class.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3657 on: September 07, 2014, 06:07:31 PM »
Thanks. And Saffa, it may have no bearing on the rest of the series. . . . or I may be pulling your leg. Hey, hey, hey! No need to morph to Tyrannopede on me. Shadow trampled me enough when she was into Justin Bieber (until she grew out of it). ;)

New chapter, new book.

BOOK LXII:
SEPARATION ANXIETY

CHAPTER ONE:
Why Should Parker Worry?

"Hey!" Rotiart protested as Parker teasingly took a plate of sausages from him, "I helped you get those!  Half of those are mine!"

Parker gave them back with a laugh. He wasn't being serious, but playing around. Although, it was Rotiart . . .

It was a good thing there was such levity this day, there hadn't been much quiet time with the Corruption and symbiote thing happening practically back-to back. The RAFians were to the point that they were waiting somewhat impatiently for the next scheme from Malice.

While partaking in a little impromptu parkour, he indulged himself with a song:

"One minute I'm in RAFian grounds
Then I'm down on Helen's street
From the threads to the lake.
There's a syncopated beat.
Say whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo!
I'm streetwise!
I can improvise!
Say whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo!
I'm forum smart.
I've got R-A-F-I-A-N heart!
Why should I worry?
Why should I care?
I may not have the time,
But I got RAF savoire faire.
Why should I worry?
Why should I care?
It's just bebop-ulation
And I got RAF saviore faire.
The rhythm of the forum --
But once you get it down,
Then you can own this RAF town!
You can be the clown!
Why should I worry?
Why should I care?
I may not have the time
But I got RAF savoire faire.
Why should I worry?
Why should I care?
It's just doowop-ulation
And I got RAF saviore faire.
Why should I worry?
Why should I care?
And even when I cross that line,
I got RAF savoire faire!
Whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo!
"

Cloak watched it impassively, wondering if Parker's little song just jinxed them all in the Realm Walker's incredibly jaded way of thinking nowadays. Cloak knew he was just singing a Billy Joel song with altered lyrics.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3658 on: September 07, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »
I was listening to that song earlier on my ipod!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3659 on: September 08, 2014, 07:10:50 PM »
Serendipitous, Gaz. Now, a new chapter.

CHAPTER TWO:
Malice Does Machines*

Malice had devised another machine. One had to wonder what progress she could make if she weren't so selfishly evil. It was a rather strange machine in design and function. It was sort of shaped like a microscope and a pound sign -- a "£". It was made of metal sheets in a rather boxy design. With the overarching part large enough to hold an average six-foot-tall himan being.

"It is ready," Malice crowed lovingly. "My precious Ectoplasmer."

"A Yu-Gi-Oh! card?" a voice asked. It turns out that there was a man strapped down to the table where the cross mark on the pound sign (£) would be.

"Silence." Malice said severely.

"What do you want with me?" the young man said, voice betraying his fear.

"I . . . said . . . SILENCE!" Malice snarled, as the young man hastened to obey, terrified. Then she spoke in a deprecating tone, "You Dwellers. So much unnecessary free will."

Mauler stood in the  back, his hands behind his back, standing at attention. He had no will of his own. No mind of his own. Every thought and whim was given to him by Malice. The young man noticed this and was really frightened by it. What sentient being would be terrified of losing their own mind, their own will? Who would ever want to give that up without any other applicable criteria?

"Wh-why are you doing this to me? Wh-why me?" the man asked in a small voice.

Instead of snarling at him, Malice had decided to deign to answer his questions. "Why? Why am I doing this? Poppet, you should have already guessed that!"

Her voice turned harsh and rough, replacing her calm, affable manner with alarming expediency. "I needed a test subject. I needed a test subject and you provided yourself to me."

"Wh-why me?" he said, terror obvious on his face.

Malice was clearly getting a kick out of torturing him. "Why you, dearie? Why, it's simple. You were there. You were the first human that I thought might be able to survive the process . . ." she allowed her self a girlish giggle before continuing, "survive the process, in a manner of speaking."

Then the tip of the hooked part of the machine telescoped out, like a camera zoom, and claws formed from the tip, making it look rather like a spark extractor. . . .

* Get the reference?

(January 7, 2020)