Author Topic: Why is everyone so sympathetic to the Yeerks?!  (Read 13845 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Why is everyone so sympathetic to the Yeerks?!
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 10:48:40 PM »
what's a serious trip?

Offline Leonardodavinci

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 10:57:57 PM »
Actually, there's a special protein that you need to live that is ONLY found in bacon. So you do need meat to live.
Sorry :(

Funny, I don't eat bacon..... I'm still alive (looks down) right?

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008, 01:44:42 AM »
well bacon is pig meat...maybe eating pork is fine too.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 05:10:04 AM »
AniDragon, Morfowt, thanks, it was exactly what I mean... It's a reflex. If somebody insult me, I'll answer. The same for Yeerks.
And I agree with Counter: if Andalites see ... people like terrorists, rapists, killers, some military guys... they must judge the Humans as you judge the Yeerks.
We treat livestock and beats of burden with more respect and care than Yeerks do with hosts.
Did YOU really say that?! Sorry, but it's false. You don't see how some people treat the cows, the chickens who only do eggs and can't move, how some people capture and kill the bats, how fishes/dolphins/sharks/... stay prisonner in nets (netting?) during hours before die... HOW can you say that?!
Yorick, Counter is right, you just stereotype the Yeerks: "they're bad, we're good". You don't try to understand people who aren't exactly like you... <= It's what I feel, what I conclude when I read you...
And I see you find arguments only to defend Humans, but you don't find arguments against the Yeerks, except the same thing since the beginning: "they" torture their hosts.

I think this discussion can continue forever. We won't change our opinion, because we understand why the Yeerks want hosts. Not that all of us agree with that thing, but we understand. And you judge the Yeerks bad because many of them torture their host, because they have a tyranic government.
Now, if we continue, I think your karma only will go down, nothing more... ^_^' (just saw that it went down already...)

(PS: sorry if I seem angry, I'm not... just a little tired that we repeat the things again and again, to finally go... nowhere...)
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 06:10:30 AM »
yeah, but his karma is still pretty high for a new guy because he started so many threads. he's made as many threads as I have.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 10:24:04 AM »
what's a serious trip?
A serious acid trip-you know, the walls bleeding and everything?
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »
Yeah this is clearly the Yeerk fan club side of the board right here, so like I said before, we should just agree to disagree  ;D

Something I wondered is, what exactly did the Yeerk peace movement do?  Did they conspire from within and just gain information, stop new Empire plots from happening, or did they actually fight like the Animorphs?  Maybe the Yeerks would gather a bit more sympathy from readers who think they're mostly pure evil if the movement had actually been shown to be more active in fighting the Empire.  *shrug*  A long time ago I created a bunch of Yeerk rebel characters who have been kicked out of Yeerk society (or kicked themselves out, relying on barter and stuff for supplies)...and pretty much are terrorists to the Empire much like the Animorphs are, except they're Yeerks and humans (and other hosts) themselves.  It would make a big fanfic that I haven't written yet, haha...instead it's mostly roleplay stories.  But I mean the peace movement was very noble, and we can assume they were big or small depending on our views (I think big), I just can't remember them actually ever doing anything other than helping to free hosts and having a book club meeting or something during that Taylor-goes-crazy book.  Laaame. x3

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 11:21:48 AM »
I think the peace movement were more pacifists. Just a group of Yeerks that refused to take involuntary hosts. If there were no voluntaries, they would just stay in the pool, which is why a lot of the members didn't have hosts.

I don't think they fought the Empire. They were just host sympathisers who had more respect for other sentient beings than other Yeerks.

I think more could have been done with them, especially towards the end when everything was coming out in the open more. However, KA just kind of left them out for the most part. Like the auxilaries, not a whole lot was really done with them. I believe that, given enough effort, the YPM and auxilaries could have contributed more to a better ending, than the tragic cliffhanger that was given us.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 11:37:30 AM »
I believe that, given enough effort, the YPM and auxilaries could have contributed more to a better ending, than the tragic cliffhanger that was given us.

I do agree with you there Daphnes, the ending left out way too much with the side characters.  Way rushed.  I like to think that at least some Yeerks, maybe some desperate or exiled with nothing to lose, would try to actively fight the Empire...it's one thing to slowly break hosts free and be all Gandhi about the resistance, which is fine in itself, but it's completely different when you have the ability to knock out a major food supply or a major warship with the same weapons the Empire has.  If it did exist it probably would be a very small group, considering any internal rebellion against something like the Yeerk Empire is very dangerous and would need Kandrona stolen or otherwise bartered or whatever...the only thing is it would require the Yeerks to have hosts, and the good luck to have them be voluntary (or become voluntary) and agree with being thrown into a war. 

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 12:10:23 PM »
A reflex, Dameg? Seriously?

Most humans aren't those terrible things and will usually unite to stop such atrocities.

I understand WHY Yeerks want hosts but it doesn't make their quest any less evil. It's not the torture thing but also taking away sentient beings' freedoms no matter how badly evolution treated them.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Tiana

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 12:36:07 PM »
A Yeerk takes away a human's free will. Knowingly and at times sadistically.

What's a human without free will?

Offline Vivi9087

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 02:04:28 PM »
A reflex, Dameg? Seriously?

Most humans aren't those terrible things and will usually unite to stop such atrocities.

I understand WHY Yeerks want hosts but it doesn't make their quest any less evil. It's not the torture thing but also taking away sentient beings' freedoms no matter how badly evolution treated them.

Evolution doesn't necessarily treat anyone badly.  Yeerks didn't need eyes and ears because they developed in a pool.  It's just like how bird in North Amerca vary from birds in Africa, survival of the fittest dictates what traits survive to be passed on.  Yeerks didn't have the ability to see and all that because they didn't need to.  In essence I think evolution is really what allowed them to be able to control other beings and not they control other beings because of evolution screwing them.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2008, 02:35:32 PM »
Well duh!

I kn0w all that about evolution. I was referring to the reason why Yeerks justified their invasion (in The Departure). That they're weak and defenseless naturally on their own and they just wanted to be able to see and hear.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:17:43 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »
I don't think you can look at it that way.
Of course their invasion is justified.
For them.

Just like throughout all history people did so many heinous acts because "they were right" or they were making "a better world." For one group, sure its good, more land, more workers, spread your ideals, form a new and better world, but for the people being intruded on its and act of evil.

And I don't see how you can say that most people unite to stop atrocities. For how long was murder and torture a form of entertainment (note: it still is, but it's not "real" thanks to tinsel town)
Wars that for one group are about freedom and justice are murder and invasion for another.

But all this really should be in the Have yeerks done anything wrong thread, huh? :P
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 03:52:33 PM »
A Yeerk takes away a human's free will. Knowingly and at times sadistically.

What's a human without free will?

They don't take away their free will...they just use the human's body to express their own will, dominant over the human's.  Technicalities  ::)  But yes it's not right to take over someone's body to make your own life more pleasant, it's just that the Yeerks are born and raised thinking it's what they were born to do, so why wouldn't it be right?

There is evidence that when Yeerks realize their hosts are more than just organic shells that exist for their use and are to be dominated over, they don't like it.  They're just as horrified as any human in that kind of situation would be.  It's in #19, #28, the Taylor books, Visser, the final arc, the Peace Movement...some Yeerks just want a better way, but they don't get one until the option to become a nothlit comes around.  Their whole species shouldn't be written off just because of a corrupt mentality, a corrupt government. 

/beating a dead horse x3