Author Topic: Animorphs #48  (Read 1093 times)

Offline super_sonic

• Well, this is new. Showing remorse, Eggman?
Animorphs #48
« on: June 20, 2009, 03:22:01 PM »
Out of all the Animorphs books in existence, I have never read #48 simply because I could never find it ANYWHERE. (The one in which on the cover, Rachel is "morphing" into sa version of herself that is reminiscent of Lady Deathstrike from X2: X-Men United, complete with retractable blades hidden in her fingers).

Where can I find this? Is this one of the rare Animorphs books?
The present day... The here and now that you've stolen... Time to take it back!

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
Re: Animorphs #48
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 04:02:29 PM »
I never heard of it being rare or anything. My personal opinion on the book is that you're not missing much, and it could have been much better done. But you can read the e-book version (and any of the other books) here: http://animorphsforum.com/ebooks/48/

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 04:23:14 PM »
It's a filler book, and not one of Rachel's best. She's shown as too one-dimensional. David comes back, but not much is done with him compared to what I thought would come from his return.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
It's a very confusing book though, for about two and a half/thirds of it anyway, where she's experiencing psycho dreams. 

But the book shows some real depth in that last third act where everything about Rachel's character is sorta summed up in this breaking point, and she sees herself so clearly and is forced to make a decision that will define her true role as a warrior.  It was nice reading that part.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:52:26 AM »
It's a filler book, and not one of Rachel's best. She's shown as too one-dimensional. David comes back, but not much is done with him compared to what I thought would come from his return.
Agreed. Kind of disappointing. But for the very last few pages...