Author Topic: Andalite vs Hork-Bajir  (Read 5202 times)

Offline Ax-man

• rawr
Re: Andalite vs Hork-Bajir
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 11:53:49 PM »
man, for the life of me i cant remember their name.
the hork bajir with the blue bands around their arms, the elite gaurd kinda guys
imagine them agianst an andalite
the fight would be more evenly matched, might even be to close to call

Mira

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »
I think it depends on who is the faster. I can't remember reading that the Horks are as quick as the andalite tail.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 01:39:46 PM »
man, for the life of me i cant remember their name.
the hork bajir with the blue bands around their arms, the elite gaurd kinda guys
imagine them agianst an andalite
the fight would be more evenly matched, might even be to close to call

Actually, I think they're just called blue bands. Bigger Horks with longer blades.

I still think they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Ani-Master 2014!

Alic

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »
Andalites have a big advantage. I mean, I was brought down by a hork last night . But ill kick his ass today.. Lol

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 11:10:42 AM »
Yeah, if he's asleep  :P

Anyway as for age being a factor I don't think many teenage Andalites were fighting the Yeerks, Ax said it was illegal by the laws and customs of his people for him to fight, that the Animorphs fought shocked him. Arbron and Elfangor were pretty much given field promotions by Alloran (who probably had the authority anyway) because there was no other option.

As for average teen Hork vs average teen Andalite, I think the Andalites have the disadvantage there in the long run, Ax is stated by KA as being close to the Animorphs in age, Toby on the other hand was if not fully grown then close to it by the end of the series, she was at best nearly three years old then, faster growing shock troops might account for the Yeerks not losing the war until we--uh they lost Anati and Earth, though it doesnt explain why, if the Hork-Bajir were so quick to grow up, the Yeerks weren't just mass breeding them. Ket had Toby pretty quickly, so it isn't like it takes them twenty years to give birth, however long Ket was pregnant with Toby just adds to how rapidly Toby was battle ready once she was born, though I'm willing to buy that Hork-Bajir might not be unlike Disney's Gargoyles, (who have only one child every ten years or so for evolutionary reasons I'm not fan enough to understand) it could be something bred in by their creators to keep their numbers in check.

So yeah, I can see rapidly growing Hork-Bajir quickly filling the ranks if Andalites win most of the time in melee combat, I also see close quarters battles happening far less often than depicted in Animorphs since on average an Andalite and a Hork-Bajir would just shoot each other, but I just don't see the Hork-Bajir being shock troops at all if they, in addition to being outnumbered by the Andalites, require large numbers just to win fights, the yeerks would have just used the Taxxons instead, they can wield dracon beams and exist in larger numbers, they just get crazy around blood is all and that's a bonus on the battlefield, seeing your buddies eaten alive or at least eaten while mostly alive would spook the crap out of any soldier, human or Andalite.  >:D
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Crimea River

• Joi
    • Unlikely Heroes--Animorphs RP
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 03:09:10 AM »
*has read the whole thread*

Honestly, it depends on the situation, IMO.  Though, I have read that Andalites have three (or is it four?) hearts and two lungs.  And, where those hearts are remains a mystery, I think; they are probably in the lower part of the body.  This gives them greater speed and vitality.

And yes, an Andalite tailblade can cut through a Hork-Bajir blade.  It happened in the Hork-Bajir Chronicles, I recall.

And wasn't it stated somewhere that Hork-Bajir, a Class Three race, do not reproduce quickly?  Though, indeed, they mature faster, as well; could this be a KASU, or was it meant to be as it is?

Offline Talos

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »
Not sure why they say that Hork-Bajir multiply slowly; Ket gave birth to Toby, and before the series ended, she had another child... a son who was briefly mentioned in book # 47, I think... And since the series took place over only 3 years... Ket must have been able to get pregnant and give birth in less than that time... possibly twice.

Maybe they multiply slowly when controlled by Yeerks? Or multiply slowly when compared to Yeerks? Or maybe they can only multiply during a mating season in which, if the male does not impregnate the female during that time, they cannot multiply during that year... so maybe Jara and Ket were lucky in that year, if that was the case?