Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

How did Ax learn English?

<< < (2/14) > >>

Terenia:
Maybe Ax is just a really fast learner...

Theoretically even when he's in human morph the translator chip should still function (or should it?) to translate what the other humans say. Perhaps he just was using that to help him learn the language itself.

And he's a really fast learner...

RYTX:
You know I figure the translator helps in some way
I mean think about it
Aldrea morphed Hork-Bajir and could speak fine right away
Same with Alloran in TAC
I doubt Visser Three watched Muzzy when he first tried a human morph

Granted I haven't the slightest idea how it might work, but I figure it must do somethin

zaprowsdower:
Something that's really bothered me-
If thought-speak works on a level 'deeper than mere words' where do the Andalite language and Andalite words come from ????

ThermalRider:
A written language and a "spoken" language have different purposes. A written language could be used for logs or manuscripts.

morfowt:

--- Quote from: Phoenix004 on June 06, 2008, 11:22:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: ThermalRider on June 06, 2008, 11:18:10 AM ---I thought that the translator chip only worked one way though. Like a human would speak and it would turn it into words that Andalites understood. It wouldn't have to work the other way since thought speak doesn't use words but just kind of puts the right pictures or thoughts into your head.

--- End quote ---

Couldn't have put it better myself. All members of the Andalite military have a translator chip implanted in them, which translates unfamiliar languages for them to understand. Thought speech works on a level beyond words, so any sentient species can understand thought speech.

--- End quote ---

wasn't that mentioned in TAC when elfangor and arbon were talking to loren on the skrit na ship...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version