Author Topic: Tobias's Perch  (Read 30772 times)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Tobias's Perch
« Reply #1080 on: June 02, 2010, 07:25:45 AM »
Cassie turned her head down to look at her menu, but her eyes were on Jake. It did seem strange that he was still pressing the issue. Could it be the Tom already...? But Elayne was supposed to be stalling them, and we haven't heard anything from her, she thought. Her fingers began drumming nervously on her knee.

"So what is everyone getting?" Jean smiled to the group as the conversation between her husband and son was dropped.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #1081 on: June 02, 2010, 10:56:49 AM »
Raksha felt the tension in the air and it was a bit thick. Tension tended to irk her as her Tiger side liked peaceful places. This was like watching someone choke. She looked over her menu and then gave her order, though she was wondering how the tension could be eased up.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #1082 on: June 02, 2010, 02:57:42 PM »
Jake smiled at his mom for changing the topic. He gave his order, and handed over his menu. He nervously glanced over at Shawn, he knew it was no where near an hour, but he couldn't help but worry. Walter, Michelle, and Zander all ordered and engaged in a small conversation of their own. Steve ordered his meal and gave a small sigh as he let the topic fall by the wayside. He wanted to know more about Tobias; but he could tell Jake didn't like talking about it, and that worried him. Although it could be that they just weren't very close, and Jake wanted to keep it that way. He decided to see how his niece was doing, "Rachel, how did you handle cleaning up after so many animals? I bet that wasn't too fun."

Rachel kept cool and answered normally, "Ugh, it wasn't too bad. I mostly just cleaned surface stuff and helped put Cassie's room back together. The others did most of the work. I didn't want to get dirty."

Steve was relieved to get a straight answer from her. He could always count on her to keep her emotions under control, "Well that's nice, and I'm sure Cassie's closet is perfectly in order." Steve gave a chuckle.

Shawn noticed Jake glancing his way, he just shook his head with confused look on his face. After he ordered, he nudged Raksha's shoulder with his own, "Whatcha gettin'?"
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1083 on: June 02, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »
She smiled and nudged his shoulder back playfully. "Sweet and sour chicken with the shrimp eggroll. One of my favorite dishes.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1084 on: June 02, 2010, 03:20:29 PM »
"Never neater," Cassie said to Steve with a laugh, then placed her order, handing her menu to the waiter. She gave Steve a sidelong glance then looked back to her lap; far from the first time, she wished there were a way to tell if someone was a Controller just by looking at them. Maybe she just didn't know him well, or he was extra curious or nosy.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1085 on: June 02, 2010, 03:56:57 PM »
Walter broke from his conversation and asked Cassie, "Hun, do you remember which kind falcon we had?"

Shawn licked his lips, "Oooh, that sounds good. I'm getting Lemon Chicken and Honey Walnut Prawns. Wanna share? I'll pile half of mine on your plate, and you put half of yours on mine?"

Rachel smiled at her uncle's joke. She appreciated that he was trying to undo his social mess. "Yeah, it wasn't hard though, she doesn't have that many clothes to hang, they're all folded up in her dresser."

Jake spoke up, "Hey, what's wrong with that? Most of my clothes are in my dresser."

Rachel gave a cute sneer, "Exactly." She didn't want to say what was she was thinking of saying next. That would be crossing the line between joking with a friend and insulting them. So she just gave Cassie a playful wink.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1086 on: June 02, 2010, 04:08:19 PM »
Cassie glanced to her father and answered, "Peregrine," and then looked to Rachel with a tolerant smile. "Yeah, yeah, I dress like a boy. I get it; you can just say it. You would too if you spent your afternoons shoveling manure, okay?" she laughed.
Aluminator's RAFsister

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1087 on: June 02, 2010, 04:16:27 PM »
Raksha smiled and nodded. "Okay." At that moment there drinks had arrived and she took the lemon wedge from her sweet tea, bit into it and then dropped it into her drink.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1088 on: June 02, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »
Rachel smiled sweetly and said teasingly, "Well, the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. I'm very proud of you." She accepted her drink and started sipping away at it.

Walter thanked Cassie and went back to his conversation.

Steve accepted his drink, but had to switch with Jake, as the waiter mixed theirs up.

Shawn smiled and exclaimed quietly, "Sweet. Everytime my family would go out to chinese, we'd all order a main dish, put them in the middle of the table, and we'd all just take what we wanted out of the collection. We'd strategize before ordering too." Shawn started to become giddy as he continued. "I'd order fried rice, but my mom always wanted steamed. I hate steamed rice, so she would start to debate with me why it's better. Haha. My sister would then debate with me too, but it was because she wanted chow mein. So I would fend off my sister and my mother over my order of fried rice.Hahaha. My mom would always get Honey Walnut Prawns; so my dad and my sister would choose the entres. They would change up every now and again, so it was fun deciding together." He then looked up into the rafters of the building and sighed, "Huuhhh, I miss this place."

Post Merged: June 02, 2010, 07:54:22 PM
((Well, Since Tobias has been banned, should we abandon this RP?))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:54:22 PM by Spartan-281 »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1089 on: June 02, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »
((As I was already out the door, I'll just bow out now. Thanks.))
Aluminator's RAFsister

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1090 on: June 03, 2010, 02:48:08 PM »
~~What happened?!?!~~
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1091 on: June 03, 2010, 06:05:17 PM »
Aluminator's RAFsister

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1092 on: June 04, 2010, 02:27:04 PM »
~~Ouch! Well it explains why he took so long to answer on our 1x1.......(=T_T=)~~
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #1093 on: January 15, 2011, 02:09:06 PM »
(Well after a LONG ban,I have been allowed to come back by Richard and if anyone still wanted to do this rp I am willing and able to get back to it.)

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1094 on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
((Hey! Welcome back! *hugs* ))
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather