Author Topic: The Ballad of Sarah-Jayne: A Tale of Madness  (Read 3381 times)

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
The Ballad of Sarah-Jayne: A Tale of Madness
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:36:23 PM »
I sat in the bed, staring out at the sliding glass door. There were at least ten of them, banging on the glass, and I was just staring at them.

“Authorities are telling everyone to stay inside and remain calm.” I heard the radio say.

Calm? Dammit, this was not a situation in which one could remain calm!

And yet there I was, getting dressed as if nothing was happening. Once I had my clothes on I leaned against the wall and slid myself into a sitting position, staring at the door. There were more now, at least fifteen.

Zombies.

My mind wouldn't accept it.

Zombies. Beating at my window.

Nope, nothing.

Zombies, undead walking corpses.

Really? Was I that far into shock? I'd planned for this dammit! But, Zombies...

Okay, no need to panic. Little late, but regardless. Dylan would come. Yeah, D was loyal, and he had guns, and bullets. He'd show up, pop off a couple head shots, toss me a gun, and we'd be-

Thwap. Dylan's face, half eaten, slapped against my window.

“Well, ****.” I said, somehow more pissed then scared. Yeah, I was definetly in shock. I stood up and started pacing. I'd planned for this, but what the hell was my plan? Dammit Sarah, think!

No, not Sarah.

Jayne! That was it! I wasn't Sarah Morgan anymore, but Jayne Miller. The girl who could analyze a crime scene without flinching. The girl who had a zombie plan!

I'd need something blunt, something-

There was a squealing sound, followed by a crashing sound, which in turn was followed shortly by a familiar red car suddenly parked where my bed used to be.

“This works to.” I said to myself.

“Hurry up and get in!” Cammie yelled from the driver's seat. I saw Rachel in the passenger seat and  Tim sitting in the back. Without another thought I went straight for the back door. I had the door open and was about to get in, when something gabbed my boot. I looked down, it was Dylan.

“Sorry, D, breakfast is over.” I said, then I smashed in his skull with the heel of my other boot. I quickly climbed into the back seat before I could think about how I had just killed my ex-husband/best-friend. Cammie threw the amazingly resilient Ford into reverse and sped out of what used to be my apartment.

I barely noticed the world around me, I was back to being Sarah for the moment. Oddly enough I wondered how Claire was doing over in Oz. In fact, I was more concerned about all the RAFians than I was about any of my real life friends. Of course since it seemed that all my real life friends were either in this car or a corpse in what used to be my bedroom, it wasn't all that surprising.

Then I realized something

“You all live on the complete opposite side of town.” I said.

“Yep.” Rachel said, pointing at Cammie. For a second I was confused, why would Cammie risk all their lives for me? My thought process was cut short when I saw a girl running towards us down East Bay, followed by at least fifty Zed heads. She seemed to be a little younger than me, with brown hair and-

No, it couldn't be...

“Oh my God! Cam, we have to save her!” I yelled.

“Jayne, we can't save every-” Tim started to say, but he was cut off when Cammie swerved around the girl, temporarily stopping the zombies. I swung open the door.

“Get in the car!” I yelled. The girl just stared for a second.

“Jayne?” The girl said with an Australian accent.

“Claire, now is not the time to wonder at the fact that I exist! Get in the Goddamn Car!” I yelled.

((That's right, Claire's in the Sunshine State! Check back for more updates!))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:43:17 AM by Jax in a Box »

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: Jayne Miller: A Tale of Zombies
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 06:27:48 AM »
Awesomeness! Zombies are cool! I'm a big fan of the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z by Max Brooks. If you haven't read them, I highly recommend them both for anyone interested in preparing for the Zombie threat!  ;)

This story definitely has potential, looking forward to seeing more!
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 07:59:47 AM »
Hahahaha, nice.
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 08:54:05 AM »
Is this that RP you were talking about yesterday...it was called um...oh yeah undead city (http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1269.0.html).

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 10:17:04 AM »
Except that this seems to be a story not a RP Morfowt.

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 03:14:23 PM »
Part 2

I tried to make sense of what was happening, a leftover from Dylan I guess.

Alright, Jayne, run through the facts: Corpses were walking. Check.

Dylan was dead. Twice. Check.

Cam, of all people, had been the one who saved me. Check.

And to top it all off, a girl from Australia, who I'd only ever met on the internet, was sitting next to me in a car that was speeding up a suspiciously car free I-4.

Triple Check.

"So, who's the Aussie?" Tim asked, trying to break the silence. I tried to talk, but all that came out was a puff of air. Apparently picking up on my inability speak, Claire took the initiative and spoke.

"My name's Claire, I know Jayne through RAF." She said, automatically assuming that they knew what RAF was. Which they did, but still.

"Ah, that Claire. What brings you to the States? You know, besides our nifty zombie invasion." Rachel said. I wanted to be upset that she was making light of of the situation, but dammit if I didn't laugh a little. In fact everyone laughed a bit, a nervous and tired sort of laughter, but still.

"Well, I was on a trip to Miami and had an hour long stop over at Clearwater International. Then all of a sudden people started acting weird, and I found myself locked in a cupboard while Zed heads banged on the door. Something distracted them don't know what, but I took the chance and started running. Then you smashed into the ones chasing me and now I'm here." She said with a shrug. She looked at me. "I'm sorry I thought you didn't exist." She sounded like a little kid caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

"Yeah, well, it's okay. I just wonder how-"

*THWUNK*

"What just-" I said

"Roughhhh" I spun and found myself staring right at a groaning snapping mouth that had once belonged to a teenaged girl, probably my age. In life she had probably been pretty, what with those big dark blue eyes. But now she wasn't much more than a severed torso pinned between the windshield and the car's spoiler.

A severed torso that was banging on the window.

I watched in horror as a small crack formed where she was banging.

"Oh my God! Cam! She's cracking the window!" I heard Tim say. I couldn't turn away, my eyes were locked with the girl's. I was going to die. There was no way I was going to die in this damn-

*pop*

One of those big blue eyes was gone, as was a small circular section of the back windshield. Distantly I was aware of a burning sensation in my left ear. I put my hand to it an felt something warm and wet. I  looked at my hand to see blood. I turned to see Rachel with a gun in her hands.

"You shot me..."

"Couldn't get a clear shot."

"You shot me!" I yelled, I was about to completely go off on her when suddenly my mind finally processed something I'd noticed earlier. "The road is empty." I said. I felt odd stares from everyone in the car. I took off my sock and wrapped it around my head, trying to stop the bleeding.

"What are you on about?" Claire asked.

"I-4, East Bay, 19, even 275. All of them were empty while we drove through." I said. Still Claire and Tim stared, Cam had to focus on driving, but Rachel got it.

"It's like no one even tried to get out." She said. That's why she was the second best in our class.

"So, what exactly does that mean?" Tim asked.

"It means that the entire state, maybe even the entire world, is a crime scene." I said.

((Why did no one try to get away? Is it just a coincidence that Claire was only blocks away? Does this sock make my head look big? Find out next time!))

Post Merged: April 06, 2010, 04:12:37 PM
((I've decided to try and continue this fic, unlike most of my others I actually had a plan for it.))

Part 3

"It's not possible." Tim said.

"And yet..." Cam replied.

After I realized ther were no signs of fleeing masses I had told Cam to head for the one place where I knew there would be people. But the Magic Kingdom was empty. No people, no zombies. Nothing at all. Tim was right, it shouldn't be possible.

"Maybe they were closed when it happened." Claire added as she stared up at Cinderella's Castle.

"Even if they were people still would have run here." Rachel said. "People looking for somewhere they felt was safe."

A pair of mouse ears blew in the breeze and landed at my feet and I knelt down to get them. I turned them in my hands and saw it was one of the ones with name's written on it.

It said Sarah.

"Creepy."

"What?" Cam asked. I showed him the hat.

"All the shops are locked up tight, there's no sign that anyone's even been here, and yet there's a mouse ear hat just out in the open that has my name on it." I said.

"You're right, that is creepy, but I'll do you one better." Rachel said. We all looked over to see her holding a cell phone. She walked over and handed it to me. "Look at the date."

Confused, I looked down at the screen and my blood ran cold.

"That can't be right." I said. "Maybe the phone's set wrong."

"If it is, then so is my pda." Rachel said.

"What is it?" Cam asked.

"What's the date today?" I asked.

"April 10th, why?"

"Because according to this, it's April 3rd." It didn't make sense, we all remembered it should be April 10th and yet according to every other calender we found staed that it was April 3rd. The five of us stood there in confused silence for awhile.

Then the phone rang. Without a second thought I aswered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello Sarah-Jayne. It's good to finally meet you."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:12:37 PM by Jax in a Box »

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
Re: Sarah-Jayne: Survivor
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 05:06:25 PM »
This is so good, Jax!  I just discovered it, and love it.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Blocky97

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I don't have time to be sane.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 07:56:34 PM »
me too, so is it just about you or many rafians?

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »
Dude, Jax, this is frigin' excellent! :D Can't wait to read more!

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
Re: The Ballad of Jayne: A Tale of Madness
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 09:22:57 AM »
Part 4:
The Fall of Modern Enterprise

"Who is this?" I asked.

"I am the President of the United States."

"You don't sound like Obama." I said. Everyone gave me a confused puppy look which, were the situation less creepy, would have been hilarious.

"That is because I'm not. This is not the time to explain, I need you to Get to the White House as quickly as possible. Things are happening now, and I need your help to stop them." The voice said, then he hung up the phone before I could say anything.

For a moment we all just stood there confused, which was starting to happen much too often for my tastes.

"So..." Cam said, "What did he want?"

"He said he wants me in Washington as soon as possible."

"Why?" Claire asked.

"That's a really good question. Wish I had an answer." I said.

"How are we supposed to get to Washington? I mean the car's almost out of gas already and we're like 800 miles away!" Tim said.

"Actually, it's more like 900." Rachel said. "And I have an idea." She added, looking at Tim with an almost scary smirk.

"What?"

~~~~~~

"You want me to fly that?" Tim asked incredulously.

"Why not, you've had lessons." Rachel Said.

"Yeah, flying Cessnas, not a 787!"

Sitting in front of us was one of the coolest planes ever. It had been custom built by BMW by an obsenely rich Russian tycoon. While the outside looked like a regular airline jet, the inside was designed as a very James Bond living space.

Unfortunately said Tycoon had died of cancer just before the planes completion. In his will he left the plane to his estranged nephew who had decided to fly it around the world and showcase it at various major cities. And, appearantly, Disney World. Rachel had explained on the drive over that she had wanted to see it, but the exhibition had only run until the 8th. With the clocks turning back, however, it seemed that the plane was still there. Or was it there again? Time travel is so confusing.

"You'll do fine, everything's the same, the plane's just bigger. Come on, we need to get moving." I said.

~~~~~~

It took about an hour to get off the ground and into the air. There was a close call with the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom, but otherwise everything went well. We'd been flying for awhile when Cam and I got into the bar's liquor cabnet. We poured a couple glasses of the best scotch I've ever tasted and looked out of the window.

"This plane is amazing. Once we're done with whatever it is we're doing we should fly around the world, see everything there is to see." Cam said.

"We'll have to get more beds, right now there's just the one and if Tim wasn't flying I'm sure he and Rachel would be foing everything in their power to desecrate it." I said with a smirk.

"Well, seems a shame that it's going unused." He said, returing the smirk full force. The implication was pretty clear.

"Camron, I-" I was cut off as the plane hit a bit of turbulence and knocked my glass out of my hand. "Dammit, now I have to-" Another rumble sent me to the floor. I looked up at Cam for help, but his focus was on something outside the window.

"Sarah, I think we're in trouble." I managed to stand up and look out the window. Plummeting from the sky was none other then the USS Enterprise.

"****" I cursed. Without anouther second's hesitation I ran to the ****pit.

"It's not going to hit us, but once we get caught in it's wake we're screwed." Tim said. "We're going to need to get off this plane, fast."

"The convertible in the bay is one of those with a parachute in the back. Maybe that could work." Claire said as she came up behind me.

"We don't much other choice. Sarah, grab the single chutes. Claire, get Rachel and Cam to the car. I'm going to try and level off the plane as best I can, go!"

The next minute was a blur. I grabbed the cutes and got to the car. The four of us strapped on the parachutes and got in the car with me taking the wheel. There was a horrifying moment it looked like Tim wasn't going to make it in time, but he came pleeling into the bay parachute on. In one fluid movement he hit the emergency door release and jumped into the car. As soon as the door was open I flipped the car into reverse and slammed on the gas.

We took off backwards into the air.

Below us the Enterprise continued to fall, taking our plane with it. For a moment we hung in the air, practically weightless.

Then we stated to fall.

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
Re: The Ballad of Sarah-Jayne: A Tale of Madness
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »
Dude, Jax, you're awesome! :D I can't WAIT to read the rest of this!

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »
Jax, i am very dissapointed that you gave up on the buffy fic
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 02:09:55 PM »
Still awesomeness!  Please keep writing, Jax!
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Blocky97

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I don't have time to be sane.
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 10:31:16 PM »
USS Enterprise... really?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 08:19:05 AM »
Cool, which version of the Enterprise?