Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334061 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3165 on: July 28, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »
((S'okay. We all loves you. :3 ))

Mar pauses, listening during the conversation. "Just as a warning, there's no way they won't be expecting that. If they know you're behind them, that is. It's the oldest trick in the book. They'll likely attempt to evade just as you attack. Although as you pointed out, there aren't exactly any other options you can take."

Mar glances around the compartment and states, "Who here is the best shot? You'll probably have problems even as soon as you exit, so someone with good aim may still be necessary. Myitt doesn't trust me with a weapon, and this variant is hardly capable of such things."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3166 on: July 28, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
"I'm a practiced shot." Zoshonel said. "I have my own ship, and formal training. Though most of my battles have actually not been in ships."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #3167 on: July 28, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »
((when i get home i'll work on an intro post, then i'll get hunt to find ur chars body as he lands))

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #3168 on: July 29, 2009, 12:36:51 AM »
Ossanlin watches as his opponent's arm drops to his side.  He was quick to recover and continues to press his advantage with Asmodee-controller, launching another three-fold attack with each blade striking simultaneously at different points on the Hunter's body, any hit would be another nail in the Yeerk's coffin...or whatever they did with their dead.  Ossanlin realized he had never thought about that...but he didn't let his mind drift.  One stalk-eye traces the flaming path of a piece of the orbiting ship that apparently had broken off to re-enter the atmosphere.  It passes close enough for him to feel the heat from it, but manages to miss both himself and the Hunter-controller.  He doesn't let off on his attack for even a moment.

His other stalk-eye watches as his Mirage continues to ascend into the atmosphere.  He had to repress a pang at Aliciania's departure.  He didn't want to admit that a part of him had hoped she would disregard his order and return to the groung to fight with him.  It seemed she was becoming quite the respectable warrior...he had hoped...but no, now was not the time for these thoughts.  At least Alic was safe, he couldn't allow himself to become distracted.  True, Asmodee would've been much more dangerous alone, but his body was still deadly even with the handicap of a Yeerk controlling it.  No time for distractions...

Seran:

Seran watches the blankness of z-space as it passes, looking as the some unknown point of reference is showing him that the ship is indeed moving.  Things were not turning out as well as he'd hoped...but it would still work out, it had to...this was his moment of triumph, of glory!

"Sir, apparently one of the other vessels was able to calculate a jump and follow us directly into z-space."  The speaking controller sounded confused as well he ought to.

"Either they have highly advanced technology, which I seriously doubt, or they have an expert crack pilot.  Perhaps someone worthy of infestation.  Prepare the main shield-matrix to raise upon arrival.  The fleet will be there to mop up Myitt and her friends for us, and then we will wipe those filthy rebels from the sky and receive the accolades we are due."  Seran had more or less said the last part for himself, though the controller listened as though the whole thing had been a direct order to him.

"Of course, Visser.  It is high-time they were destroyed."

Seran didn't even know the other controller had spoken again.  The fleet would be there.  They HAD to be.

Visser 17

The Yeerk commander directed the fleet to the coordinates that had been supplied.  The forward scouts announced that preliminary scans showed advanced technology somewhere around the planet though strong electromagnetic fields around the planet's unstable core were interfering with some data.  All of the scans indicated that this was indeed the rebel base after all.  He smiled to himself...oh the glory of finally ridding the sky of those rebels.

((Sorry about the long delay guys, Aleksey is a full-time job plus I have my own part-time job and I like to sleep sometimes.  Anyway, Chad, I would prefer that the commanding officer of the fleet remains in my hands, though if you wanted to have perhaps a lower-rank Visser or upper-level officer on another capitol ship or Blade Ship, I don't see a problem with that.  Up to you.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:18:11 AM by Ossanlin »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #3169 on: July 29, 2009, 03:10:11 AM »
((random question, how many pplz are actually at the bar itself???

CLICK FOR A PICTURE OF HUNTER!))

----

Jumping out of Z-space near the GESB, Hunter Ravenwood, a fox like creature, standing at about 6 foot tall with Black fur on the top of his muzzle and the back of his ears and grey-white elsewhere and his brown dread-like hair, wearing his signature black leather trench coat, black denim jeans and under his coat he wore a grey shirt with a pistol holster that contained his large calibre, primitive, yet extremely powerful magnum pistol with 'Biggot Magnum' engraved on the side of the barrel.

Hunter steered his small Gibrook LR-RF towards the landing zone.

The front of the ship looked like a crabs claw, but it lacked the serrated edges, just with two points on the very edge. Sitting on top of and inside the claws going to the short body of the ship, was two rocket pods, capable of being fired, even in Z-Space. Sitting above the short one man ****pit, was a massive Mk 4 Shredder Cannon, shaped like a scorpions tail arching over it, making it look like one of those claw game claws.

As Hunter landed the ship, he saw a smoking crater just off to the side of the landing zone. As he un-buckled himself, the nano-window phased out and he stepped out. Standing on the grass, he took a deep breath and said to himself, "Man I missed this place!"

Remembering the crater, he ran off to where he saw the crater. Getting to it, he saw a person wearing Japanese looking armor, complete with the katana lying facedown in the dirt. Not wanting to get too close in case he burnt himself or his fur, he said "Hey buddy! You ok in there?"

Offline Agent X

• I use my powers for evil.
« Reply #3170 on: July 29, 2009, 04:51:50 AM »
((OHGOD I missed soooo much stuff. Like uh... months. I have a bad attention span. I think I might just have AX enter back into the bar again, if anyone's still hanging around there.))

((Also Myitt, I gotta ask you about something, woman, but you're never on teh AIMs.))
The Space Bar's official sort-of vampire.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #3171 on: July 29, 2009, 07:21:26 AM »
((Uh, no one's in the actual bar. Everyone's outside, or fighting.

Hey X, long time no see :P  Just so you know, since I'm going to forget to send you a message on AIM...some of us RAFpeeps are meeting up in the Chicagoish area for Halloween. You should be there.))

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #3172 on: July 29, 2009, 07:23:07 AM »
((
((Uh, no one's in the actual bar. Everyone's outside, or fighting.))

thats what i ment.. how many pplz, cept me and parker are in the general vecinity of the bar?))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3173 on: July 29, 2009, 08:14:21 AM »

(Ok, Oss. And in your earlier post, your guy was Visser 17. Not that it really matters.)

Asmodee was quickly becoming frustrated with Ossanlin. He blamed the Andalite's unorthodox methods of fighting, his host body, the sudden appearance of that cursed ship, ananything else he could think of besides himself. The anger showed on his face, as he lost interest in skill and the game. Now he just wanted the filth to die.

He made a last, reckless, full body charge! Teeth bared, blade and claws extended. He wanted to tear the Andalite apart, and leave only the head distinguishable. He roared mightily, and charged right into the attack. He knew that none of the blades would hit his vitals, and whatever damage he incured would be healed within his ship.

Visser 21 Flew his bladeship with the fleet to the coordinates just behind Visser 17, ship. He had been given no direct orders from Temrash, other than to tell him where they were. He had failed to get inside the flagship, where Seran would be. If he was ordered to kill Seran, he'd have to blast the other ship with the main cannons. At this range, it would work. It would also be suicide. He wasn't sure what to do once the fleet got there. Most of his options involved going down in a blaze of glory. He hoped the base would be evacuated, and had made sure that his ship was not the first there. If the rebels decided to fight, he didn't want to be the first to shed blood, or go down.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3174 on: July 29, 2009, 08:46:26 AM »
At the helm Gaz had started to quietly hum "a pirate's life for me". She smirked. This little adventure was the most she had done in a while now.

"Think we're still going to make that cargo?" Fletch's voice asked from the comm.

Gaz stopped humming and said, "Course we are. Think I'd miss a haul like that? We got time."

At that moment there was a blip on the navigation screen.

"Another ship?" she wondered out loud. She started pressing buttons in order to figure out the identity of the other ship that had appeared.

"Did you say there's another ship out there in the white?" Fletch's voice asked.

"There sure is," Gaz replied. "trying to bring up her ID...and there it is."

"Well?" Fletcher asked.

"I don't believe it!!" Gaz exclaimed and wooped with a sudden unexpected burst of excitement.

"What?!" Fletch demanded. "Come on, don't leave me hanging down here. It's obviously not another Yeerk ship or you wouldn't be so happy."

"It's The Cursed Pride!" Gaz exclaimed.

Fletch sounded surprised. "But that's--"

"Morgan's ship!"

((Yeah, Morgan's showing up! I figured he was mentioned enough he might as well. Also thought I might mention that my pirate characters are sort of a mix between old pirates and Firefly. lol))

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3175 on: July 29, 2009, 02:12:55 PM »
((Phew, that was a lot of reading....I'm all caught up though!))

"Myitt?" Kara asks suddenly, her eyes turning to the Yeerk eagerly. An idea has come to her, dregged up from Ardiss' meories. "What if we don't exit Zero-space behind Seran at all?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Agent X

• I use my powers for evil.
« Reply #3176 on: July 29, 2009, 02:45:55 PM »
((Uh, no one's in the actual bar. Everyone's outside, or fighting.

Hey X, long time no see :P  Just so you know, since I'm going to forget to send you a message on AIM...some of us RAFpeeps are meeting up in the Chicagoish area for Halloween. You should be there.))
((Heyas. :) I'd probably be down for a Chicago meetup.  Are there more details on that somewhere?))

((thats what i ment.. how many pplz, cept me and parker are in the general vecinity of the bar?))
((AX is in the bar now.))

Agent X faded into the bar slowly as her transporter would allow. It tingled a little, but she liked to be able to scope out the action wherever she went before becoming fully solid. Count her paranoid. Today though, it seemed like there was a lack of action. Place was dead.

"The hell?" she asked with her particular brand of eloquence as she fully materialized. "Where'd everybody go?" she asked the bartender, but he just shrugged. Guy didn't do much talking anyway, mostly just glaring. She lit up a cigar and ordered a bottle of Jack Daniels.
The Space Bar's official sort-of vampire.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3177 on: July 29, 2009, 06:12:51 PM »
((Hey hey, look who couldn't stay away XD  I'm sure some of us will be returning to the bar, soon, but for now Ossanlin and a bounty hunter Yeerk dude are duking it out in the parking lot.  And the bartender is always interesting conversation...*cricket cricket*))

"Zoshonel, I think you should take weapons," says Myitt.  "No offense, Kara, but I think he's the best shot."

<Hey, you're helping to control the cannon anyway, jerk.>

<Not entirely.  Shh.>

"You bring up an excellent point, Kara, we may not emerge behind the Blade Ship if z-space shifts again," Myitt continues thoughtfully.  "But right now, at maximum burn, we're still behind them.  By my best calculations."  She sighs.  "They should be reaching their coordinates soon, so get ready for anything."

---

Corliss peers over Gaz's shoulder at the readouts.  "Bleeding Christ, you really are good at piloting through z-space," Corliss says incredulously.  "Morgan's your mate, yeah?"

---

Reven smiles grimly up at the main viewscreens.  Not too far from their grey, planetoid little moon the first of the Imperial vessels were visible.

"I think now would be a good time to run for our lives," says Gerard matter-of-factly.

The underground base's self-destruct timer was ticking down...eight minutes...

<Think you're sick of being all Captain-of-the-Titanic?> Reven's host, James, asks quietly.

Reven looks over at Gerard, setting his personal cube computer to the base's internal countdown.  "How many Skrit Na transports did you say there were?"

"Two, sir."

"Then let's get you to one of them."  Reven leads the young man along familiar passageways to the docking bay, for the last time.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3178 on: July 29, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »
*Parker's visor acitvates*
Auxilary power activating.
Lock down protocols disabling.
Solar panels recharging.
Full range movement restored.
Jump successful.

<Speak for yourself,> complained Thor. <Sir, I believe it's time to wake up, we're not exactly alone here.>

Parker opens his eyes with a flutter. "Wha-? Where are we? Why is it so dark? Oh no, did we miss?"

<You guided our approach accurately. I'm still not sure how that worked. However, the reason it's so dark, is because you are staring into the ground. You have full movement back, I suggest you use it. We have company.>

"Ugh, oh, our approach? I used my hands like flaps, we were going so fast, the wind pressure reacted to the smallest gesture. But I blacked out at the end there."

<I know how you did it, I'm merely suprised it worked. And our guest?>

Still groggy, Parker rolls on his back. The sun shines brightly into his eyes. "What the- Why isn't the polarization changing?" Parker shades his eyes from the sun.

<Many programs were shut down to reserve power for the shield. As your primary power cells recharge, those systems will restore themselves. Right now, I'm keeping our power for our shield. *ahem* Our guest?>

With the sun no longer flooding Parker's eyes, he notices the weird walking fox dressed like the classic 'Matrix' movies. "What the hell? Where am I? Who are you?" He sees the freak centaur and Boba Fett wannabe battling in the distance. Parker quickly slides his battle rifle from his back and points it at the fox's head. "What's going on? What are those things battling? What is this place!?!?"

((Hunter, I'm not trying to fight you, I'm just freaked out. Military training since 8 years old, so my first reaction is pull my weapon.))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3179 on: July 29, 2009, 07:33:08 PM »
"I'd say," Gaz said. "Everything I know I learned from Morgan. Served on his ship for a few years. He's been around for a while. Tough ol' pirate."

Gaz was about to communicate with Morgan's ship when he beat her to it.

"Gaz! That you?" came a gruff voice. "What in the blazes you doing here in the white?"

"I'm sure you've noticed that rather large ship," Gaz said.

"Who could miss it?"

"We're tailing her," Gaz said, "trying to weaken her for an acquaintance of mine."

"How about I join you?" Morgan asked. "I'm sure you could use more guns."

"We sure could!" Gaz said. "I can show you this great bar later."