Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334062 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3135 on: July 24, 2009, 05:54:44 PM »
"What is that!?" Asmodee's Yeerk yelled. He hit the communicator to fire up his ship, to attampt to defend him from a possible attack. He backed off from Oss momentarily as the ship distracted him.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #3136 on: July 24, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »
(Parker, just a heads up there are not many people at all at the bar right now. Most of them are making an attack on a blade ship forever away. But, you should totally hang around til they get back.)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3137 on: July 24, 2009, 09:08:45 PM »
Mar winces and glances out the window at their current situation. He frowns. This is bad.

Mar glances at Myitt and states, "Give me your Dracon. This would be no time for me to take over a ship, so there's nothing to fear. I don't want to die, but........if the ship's situation becomes critical, I want a way to end my current situation to help you. I can do nothing in this state, Myitt. And I do, for the first time in a long while, feel helpless."

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #3138 on: July 25, 2009, 10:56:34 AM »
((Sorry guys...I claim puppy responsibility.  :p ))

Ossanlin looked up into the sky with a stalk-eye and saw a strange and heavily-damaged ship come out of z-space almost on top of them.  A dangerous jump, someone was either very lucky or very skilled.  From a look at the ship though it appeared the pilot might've taken a shot from the hip.  All this passes through his mind as he dodges back from controller Asmodee, his decision a torn one.  On the one hand he should simply get on the ship and join Myitt.  On the other his sense of honor said he owed it to Asmodee to stay and fight, and free him of the slug.

He watches his ship float up off the ground again, the scratches barely showing on the reflective underside of the nose.  <Alic, I know Alloran taught you to fly!  Go to Myitt and help her...Seran will do everything in his power to destroy her.  I have to help Asmodee, he's been infested.  I need to get the slug out of his head.  You can disengage the auto-pilot at any time simply by requesting it.  The ship will revert to manual control.>

Ossanlin squares off against controller Asmodee again and presses the advantage as the controller has need to turn his head up to look at the new ship.  He aims a slice at Asmodee's chest with his right katana, his tail-blade lashing forward at the controller's left shoulder.  Both were meant as a distraction and possibly lucky hits if the controller kept looking at the sky instead of keeping his mind on battle.  He immediately knew that if Asmodee had fought him under his own control, he would've been much more skilled.  The true strike came from his left-hand katana, it was aimed at the muscle and tendons in his left arm that made the limb functional.  Such damage could be repaired, but the Yeerk would be out of his head before that happened.  The blow was disabling, but nonfatal and totally reparable if it landed...that was the key...

Seran:

An unblocked transmission makes its way through the relay station and plays automatically on Seran's viewscreen...the First of the Council.  "Visser 8, your armada has been dispatched to the rebel base and will be arriving within thirty standard minutes.  Visser 17 has been placed in command until your arrival, at which time you will assume command of the fleet.  I don't suppose I must say this, but do make sure you wipe that rebel scum completely off the face of the Universe.  You are to report to the following rendezvous point immediately."  Coordinates streamed through the transmission.

"Sir, cannon fire!"  The ship shuddered a bit as the shields fought back against the majority of the blow from Myitt's ship.  A wash of hot radiation bathes the hull-plating.  "Shields still at full power sir."

Seran's smile crosses the entirety of his face.  "Very good, she is powerless.  As much as I'd like to...."

The ship rocks again, the inertial dampeners making the movement very subtle.  "Second ship, third and fourth ships firing from stern!"  More hot radiation bathes the hull-plating, heating it excessively.

Seran's grin turns to a snarl.  "You heard the Council, plot a course for that rendezvous point and jump immediately."

"Yes, sir!"  The crew sets up a projected jump and arms the z-buffers again.  "Processing jump sir, only a few more seconds..."

"Sir, rear hull-plating is starting to slag!"

"What?!  Shield status you imbecile!"

"Shields are still at full power!"

"Jump immediately!  NOW NOW NOW!"

The ship lurches, it's movement not quite as smooth as it could be, and shoots off into z-space, coordinates set for the rendezvous point.

"What in Gernack happened?!  I want answers!"

"Sir, it appears that the osmotic shields let too much radiation through, it super-heated the hull-plating and it began to slag off.  It has cooled now sir.  I believe that most Andalite vessels use plating with a higher heat index and better heat dispersion properties.  It appears that the technology is really only effective for Andalite craft."

Seran snarls audibly and the officer whom had given him the explanation shrunk away and turned back to his console.  This would be difficult then...his regular shield array was still functional, but it couldn't stand up to nearly as much as those osmotic shields...he would have to figure something out...and quickly.

Visser 17

His Blade-Ship had been one of the first to arrive at the staging area...but most of the ships were there, in fact all were aside from that pompous ass that was supposed to be their leader.  Visser 8 was late.  Well, he wouldn't wait and rest on his laurels.  He was in command until that idiot arrived, so he would make the most of it.

"Put out a transmission to all Empire vessels, command frequency."  The comms officer motioned that he had done so and Visser 17 began to speak.  "As you all know the rebels are here.  Our esteemed leader Visser 8 has apparently decided not to join us.  As commander of this fleet, I order all ships to move on the coordinates that were supplied to us.  Let us wipe this rebel filth from this backwater corner of the Universe!"

To start the rest of the ships moving, Visser 17 starts his own Blade Ship moving in the correct direction...a Class 3 planet that was no more than fifteen standard minutes from this location by normal space-flight.  "Glory to the Empire!!!"
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #3139 on: July 25, 2009, 12:02:10 PM »
As the badeship disappears in front of them, Shal's face reddens in anger and her hands freeze above the weapons controls. Her body quckly whips around to face Gaz, and she lets loose a low growl.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3140 on: July 25, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »
"Fletch!" Gaz yells into the comm. "We need speed and we need it NOW!"

The comm was still on, and though Fletcher didn't talk, sounds could be heard as he rushed around.

"Hoist sail!" he yelled.

With that, Gaz punched a control and The Vagabond took off. After that Gaz glanced at the computer.

"Got a trace on the ship," she said, "we're on it's tail."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3141 on: July 25, 2009, 03:36:26 PM »
(As I stated, Temrash has a guy in that fleet. Do you mind if I make it Visser 17, or would you prefer someone else?)

"Blast it." Temrash said. Something came in on his communicator. "I have the coordinates of the fleet he's heading to. I'll boot it up on your computer, Gaz, and send the coordinates to Myitt and Ossanlin." he said, and did it.

Asmodee was caught off guard as the first of Oss' blades struck him. He blocked the tail, and set his ship to attack the unknown vessel, but the third strike hit the mark. As his ship began firing, he took a few steps back. The arm holding his shield went almost limp, though his hand still clutched the shield.

"Curse this. I'll kill whoever is on that ship!" He said. With his left hand, he grabbed his blaster. His aim would be off from not being able to move his arm freely, but he could still fire at the Andalite. He fired a couple of shots to catch Oss off guard, then pressed his attack. He swung his sword with all his strength, and if he were parried he would follow up with a kick. He had enough kick to possibly knock a full grown Andalite to the ground.

Once he was down, the battle would be his.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3142 on: July 25, 2009, 03:46:34 PM »
Myitt watches the Blade Ship vanish into z-space, sitting back.  "Osmotic shielding," she murmurs.  "Even though just a few of our shots hit that ship, odds are they'll be feeling it in their hull.  Unless I'm very wrong and Seran has actually upgraded to polybonded living metal, but I really doubt he has the foresight for that."  She shakes her head, pulling up the comm link.  "Gaz, they'll probably be headed to a rendezvous point close to our base."  She receives the coordinates from Temrash.  "Yeah, that's pretty much on the money, alright.  Bastards...thank you, Temrash, this is helpful.  Meet us there."  Myitt sets the z-space navigational computer and hails Corliss.

---

"Yeah, we're on their tail," he replies.  "Pretty nice shooting, eh?"

---

"It wasn't bad," Myitt quips.  "We'll see you there, and good luck, Cor.  To all of you guys."  The Cruiser lurches a bit as it jumps into z-space.  She looks over at Mar, sucking in a deep breath.  "So.  You want to off yourself, huh?  Think you'll really be able to help us if your corporeal form is bleeding all over the floor of this ship?  Or will you go right back to wanting the rebellion dead, I seem to recall you didn't quite care about my cause, just about me."

---

Reven taps a screen, acknowledging the presence of Imperial ships on their most advanced long range scanners.  

"Full alert to all remaining ships," he says over their internal comm link system, sending a wide band encrypted transmission to all rebel ships still close enough to hear him.  "Imperial ships spotted in our sector, proceed to the fail safe immediately."

He watches a number of ships that were visible above the moon's thin atmosphere make the lightning quick jump into z-space, and smiled thinly.

"Sir?"

Reven jumped a little, turning to Gerard.  "I thought I told you to leave?"

"Yeah, I guess I'm still here," the human replies, watching the last of the ships depart.  "All of our encrypted data are safely away.  There's no one left."  He pauses, hesitant.  "There are a couple of small Skrit Na craft remaining in the docking bay."

"I know," Reven replies calmly.  The self-destruct mechanism was counting down at twenty standard minutes....nineteen ...

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Alic

« Reply #3143 on: July 26, 2009, 06:20:23 AM »
Alic knew Ossanlin could take care of himself, and a week ago she wouldn't have thought twice about knowing where she was needed most. The feelings she had developed seemed to weaken her and keep her from making quick desicions.

Frowning, Alic let the hatch shut completely and started to raise off the ground. It took everything she had to let herself leave Ossanlin behind.
<Ill be back.. I promise, and everyone will be back in one piece with me!> Letting the auto-pilot have control for now, she watched Oss and the yeerk get farther away.

Alic took a deep breath and knew she must now make sure her other friends were doing alright.

(if I missed anything I should reply to, sorry. I'm half asleep and didn't read past Oss's last post.)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3144 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:40 AM »
Back above the GESB:

Inside the tattered ship a lone person stands at the helm. He is completely covered in armor. It has a strange metallic-green armor with a sort of samurai design complete with a katana on his back. Although he stands still, he is gesticulating as if he is arguing with someone, but there is seemingly no one there.

"What do you mean you don't know where we are?!?"

A disembodied voice replies, "As I previously stated, the local star patterns do not match any of those in our records."

"So we're in unexplored territory?"

"I do not believe so, I set a course, by the Cole Protocol, to stop in the Harvest system before jumping to our next checkpoint. However we were ejected from Hyperspace before we could reach the Harvest system. All space between our point of origin and the Harvest system has been explored and cataloged. So even if we left Hyperspace early, we would have a known position. However as previously stated-"

"Yeah, yeah, you don't know where we are. So what, we're not in our galaxy, are we even in our own universe?"

"I am not sure, we could have accelerated into black hole which could either transport us to a different universe, or simply re-route us to a different destination within our own space."

"Well where ever we are, can you scan for any nearby structures, planets, anything?"

A moment of silence passes...

"Done, there seems to be an establishment with multiple life forms present.”

“Great! Okay, stop this thing and let’s go and get some answers.”

“Negative.”

“Excuse me? What do you mean, ‘Negative,’? What’s wrong?”

“There is an unknown error that has disabled all navigation controls. We are, as you say, “…without a paddle?”

“Great, so we either just keep floating in this huge coffin, or jump and get stranded in some unknown building?”

“Affirmative. It should also be noted that with our multiple hull breaches, our life support is progressively failing.”

“Even better! So die here, or go there and be stranded.”

“Technically, since we have no control here, we are ‘stranded’ here as well.”

“Fine,” the armored figure starts touching a control pad. “We’re going.”

“’We’?” asks the voice.

“Yes, ‘we’, you’re coming with me. I’m gonna need you if we get into any trouble.” The man places his hand on top of a post, and a light travels from the post to his hand. The man slightly shudders, “Whoa, I heard coupling with an A.I. felt kinda lucid, but that was weird.”

--------------------------------------
Spartan 821 – “Parker”
The A.I.’s voice echoes in his mind, <How are we to travel to the structure?>

“What do you mean? Can’t we take a Pelican or a Hornet?”

<Negative, our hangar bay has been completely melted away.>

“You know you should’ve mentioned that when you presented the option of leaving the ship to go to the building. We’ll have to jump.”

<I apologize, ‘jump’?>

“Yeah, ‘jump’. Since you’re in my head I know you heard me. I’m not staying here to die, and if we can’t fly there, I’m jumping.”

<You realize the chances of you hitting a target that far away, and even then, the ship, though it may not seem so, is travelling at a fair speed. If you jump, the added acceleration may mean that when we stop, we could be crushed.>

“You know, I love how you differentiate that it’s me jumping, but it’s us getting crushed. Shows you have a lot of faith in my abilities.”

<I am a computer program; I do not operate on ‘faith’.>

“Yeah, well from now on, Thor? Don’t tell me our chances of failure if it’s our only choice. Okay?”

<Understood, however, I feel I should point out->

“This is our only option, no matter what you may think of. Now hold on.”
Parker aims his battle rifle at the glass keeping him safely in the ship and fires a three-round burst. The glass blows away, and the difference in pressure begins to drag Parker out of the ship’s bridge. Since his armor weighs over 2,000 lbs, his expulsion is slowed giving him time to grab hold of a support beam.
“How long until the pressure equalizes?”

<The cabin pressure should be equalized in 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Now.>

With the pressure now equalized, Parker can orient himself against the hull of the ship, and aim at the building in the distance.

“Thor?”

<Yes sir?>

“If we miss-“

<Sir, if you miss, we will have plenty of time to talk later. For now, please concentrate.>

With a smile Parker says, “You got it. Here we go.” With that, Parker jumps.

RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #3145 on: July 27, 2009, 03:43:51 AM »
((jeez... this RP keeps dragging me back into it... XD lol!

i know i've had a couple other chars in this before, Mael Radec and from ages ago like page 15 or so i had a lupinec guy! XD

apparantly, Zombz has left the RP, and i'm wanting to rejoin it... i'm prolly gonna bring Hunter Ravenwood back... i promise to stay in it for longer that last time.. XD lol))

((now, as for where everyone is, wtf is happening???))

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3146 on: July 27, 2009, 08:05:50 AM »
Mar gives Myitt a wide smirk. "My dear precious. If I were out of my current body, I could in theory stop this nightmare from happening. But I told you I would wait...since I hope you have things under control. As for whether I care about your rebellion or not....oh, I don't know. Some of the gentlemen in the Bar are starting to interest me."

Mar frowns, watching the current situation from the ship. "I suppose you don't want my help then. I can tell you this:  do I look like I can help you in my current body? Or do you not want the sudden appearance of my dead corpse to shock the crew?"

Mar waits off to the side of the ship and lays against the wall, leaving Myitt to her efforts. Poor thing. She's obviously stressed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:07:47 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3147 on: July 27, 2009, 09:29:50 AM »
((Fun stuff has happened. Of doom. :3 Turns out this guy named Seran has found out (via Myitt tracking) where the rebellion base is. Not good. Therefore a large number of people in the bar have set out in ships to try and stop him from transmitting the message to higher authorities. That's going pretty badly, but hey at least we're trying! XD))

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #3148 on: July 27, 2009, 09:30:58 AM »
Shal sits stiffly in her chair, still strapped down. She waits rather impatiently, her eyes locked onto Gaz. She fears the worst for her friends.

((Hunter- right now Asmodee (One of Chad's characters), Ossanlin, and Parker are near the bar. The first two are engaged in hand-to-hand combat outside of the bar, the latter is about to dive from orbit onto the planet's surface. Everyone else is currently either in a ship attempting to make some sort of attack on a blade ship in attempt to stop them from finding the GESB (which is currently housing a rebel Yeerk cell beneath it.)))

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3149 on: July 27, 2009, 05:12:50 PM »
((Well, the base itself is somewhere on a moon underground, far away, not underneath the bar :P  But yeah pretty much that's what's happening, right now our Cruiser ship (Myitt (me), Zoshonel (Chad), Kara (Terenia) and Mar (Shenmue)) and Gaz's Vagabond ship (Gaz and Fletcher (Gaz), Corliss (me) and Temrash (Chad)) are in z-space trying to follow Seran's (Ossanlin) Blade Ship toward a point near the rebel base.  Once they all emerge the Empire is going to attempt to wipe out the base, which is already being set on self destruct mode and is pretty much deserted thanks to Reven (me again) and the occupants of the base....my characters are human-Controllers, Myitt's a caucasian American human female and Corliss is a caucasian guy in his late '20s from Liverpool, Reven's host is 16, very Irish-Canadian and the leader of the rebellion...phew.  That is really confusing, let us know if you have any questions.  Welcome back Hunter and hey Parker :) Join in the madness :P ))

Myitt sighs impatiently, staring out at the marshmallow whiteness of z-space once again.  "Yeah, and if you stopped this whole thing from happening, wouldn't it screw up the fabric of space-time?  Hmm?  Maybe create a convenient paradox somewhere?  I can do the math, but I know you really don't need me to.  Besides, you'd probably just ask for someone else's eternal soul in exchange for making things right.  You're very quid pro quo, mister Mar."  She looks down at her holster.  "As for the weapon, I don't think I want you armed.  Sorry, I just don't trust anyone.  If you want me to destroy you, I can do that easily enough, you're not really going to die and it won't be very painful for your mortal projection of yourself."  She shrugs halfly.  "I guess the choice is yours, provided you can really help us.  But the rebellion has survived trauma such as this, before."

---

Corliss climbs down from the manual weapons controls once the Vagabond gives chase to the Blade Ship.  "Well," he exhales, "could be worse, eh?  Could be raining."  He shrugs and looks at the ground, dejected.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 05:15:17 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash