Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 142547 times)

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
I don't really think he comes off as emotionless at all. On the contrary, he's always going on about the glory and beauty of the universe.

esplin

is crayak one to laugh? Im positive its ellimist.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
I would think Crayak the more egotistical of the two. That's always how I interpreted the laugh; as being an egomaniacal laugh.

I don't really think he comes off as emotionless at all. On the contrary, he's always going on about the glory and beauty of the universe.

Right, as I said, compassionate, but without much inflection in his voice. He tries to remain (at least seems to try to remain) unbias when talking with his chess pieces.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

esplin

Well the ellimist plays a role in TAC and crayak doesnt. IMO if it was him he would come up later but he doesnt.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
True, did the Ellimist create the Time-Matrix? Was the creater of the TM ever solidified? If not, it could've been the being that created the TM that laughed.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
I don't think it was ever said who made the time matrix.

There are a lot of questions of that type ("Who/What was the omnipotent being that did X?") Including things such as who was the being in book #41, Who is The One, etc.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
True, did the Ellimist create the Time-Matrix? Was the creater of the TM ever solidified? If not, it could've been the being that created the TM that laughed.
If it's the Ellimist that was speaking to Elfangor at the end of TAC, then he did make the Time Matrix, because he refers to the TM as "his machine" (or rather "our machine" because the Ellimist likes speaking in the plural for some reason. The Andalites apparently believe in "Ellimists" as a group, rather than one "Ellimist")

You could argue that Ellimist was really speaking for all hyper-dimensional beings when he introduced himself as one of "the 'we' whose machine you have used to alter the direction of time and space," though, but I never really thought Ellimist would deign to speak for Crayak and whatever other powers inhabit his dimension. Then again, he says that that same "we" are playing a game with another power, which is presumed to be Crayak.

I'm rather sure Crayak wasn't the one laughing. Remember, this was the part where Ellimist was "stacking the deck" against Crayak and the Yeerks. Drode was pissed about that in MM4, so I don't think Crayak would laugh about it.

As for The One, because he was introduced in the last chapter of the series, there's really no indication as to who or what he is. I think most people assume he is either Crayak, some subordinate of Crayak's (perhaps the being that was destined to "absorb" the Yeerks as Ellimist said in the beginning of #26), or the being that forced Crayak out of his domain.

We don't get any indication of the being(s) in #41 either, except that they are not Ellimist and presumably not Crayak either. My own theory is that the beings who created the "fake future" are the Orff, who put themselves into the simulation in order to observe and interact with Jake. That's just my explanation, though, in lieu of an official one.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:29:50 PM by Nine Out Of Ten Vissers »
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline Chad32

• God
He says we because his consciousness is made up of a LOT of different people. Due to taking over Father in TEC. And I'm pretty sure the TM is his, though it's never mentioned in TEC.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
He says we because his consciousness is made up of a LOT of different people. Due to taking over Father in TEC.
I never really thought about that, but that makes perfect sense... and here I was thinking he was just trying to confuse them...

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
He is described as "an Ellimist" as early as #7, suggesting that there are multiple Ellimists. Applegate probably didn't know where she was going with the concept and perhaps planned for there to be multiple Ellimists at some point. She certainly didn't plan as far ahead as TEC as early on as #7.

Truth be told, we never really learn how many Ellimists there are until TEC.
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline Chad32

• God
I'll agree with that. there seemed to be multiple ideas she had that weren't totally thought out while she was writing. Hence the retcons. Like if you read book 8, it seems that the war has lasted centuries.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline MoonStarRaven

I know this question isn't related to the books, but I didn't want to start a new topic just to ask this.

I just found Animorphs the invasion board game at a thrift store, but it doesn't have any instructions with it. Does anyone know how the game is played or better yet have a link to the instructions on line somewhere? Thanks! :)
~ You should always take the time to randomly hug people...
(it really freaks them out)  ;D

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
Sorry, the best I can find atm is this place. http://www.boardgamesrus.com/serv01.htm  You send them 2.50 and they'll e-mail the instructions to you in a .pdf file.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
I know this question isn't related to the books, but I didn't want to start a new topic just to ask this.

I just found Animorphs the invasion board game at a thrift store, but it doesn't have any instructions with it. Does anyone know how the game is played or better yet have a link to the instructions on line somewhere? Thanks! :)
http://www.hiracdelest.com/database/full-merchandise.htm

scroll down for the instruction manual. it's a bit unorganized, but you more or less get how to play.

Offline dolphin4077

This has been bugging me for awhile.  How many times have the Animorphs nearly eaten each other?   
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:47:30 PM by dolphin4077 »