Animorphs Section > Animorphs Role Playing

Voice/Text chat RP anyone?

<< < (2/2)

netspider86:
To clarify, are we talking ship-in-space base, or Yeerk-Pool-base, or some-other-secret-base-like-the-ones-the-Animorphs-tried-to-go-destroy? Boy that last one was long. I'd be up for the latter two cause they leave some room for some full human, morphing able, character who doesn't necessarily live IN the base - which would be more my choice.

That works well with all your first 3 ideas I reckon! The other 2 both work but I'm slightly less interested in them, they take some of my favorite dynamics from the series away (acquiring and practicing new morphs, aliens among us secrecy...). I prefer the first half, maybe the first two thirds of the series by the way, in case it wasn't clear by now. Your additional idea works too but you don't sound too into that, so let's scratch it!

If one of those works with your original ideas, happy to have you GM! Or we could alternate, make it something like the books in the series where the narrator changes, hehe.
To elaborate on what I said in my original post, I had something in mind with some dice rolling here and there, but lots of GM discretion. So, minimal stat sheet, rolling for success based on stats + situation, GM keeping consistency, realism, etc. in check: yes; super detailed HP for anything from characters to plants, injury tables, unending lists of classes, skills & stuff: naaaaah, unless you have a tested ruleset that has worked for you before. Is that good for you? The specific of how stats and rolls work could be up to the GM or we could agree on a system :)
BTW I played around with server settings on Discord yesterday, I have one set up with a few channels and a bot for dice rolling, we can move there when we have a general idea... and gh gets back to us I guess :P

Timewise, Sat/Sun at 8am Pacific Time for a few hours works for me if you're normally already active at that time! I am normally busy on one of those two days only (quidditch practice cause yay normal hobbies), although I'll have plans for the whole weekend now and then, like next week.

--- Quote from: Myitt on November 16, 2017, 08:20:52 PM ---Hey netspider,

I don't mind GMing, but most of my GM ideas have to do with the aforementioned base full of rebel Yeerks.

Interesting ways in which my characters could interact with canon characters, or OC-but-close-to-canon characters:

-What if one of the original human characters was a Controller who agreed to work with the group as a rebel, or as a spy?
-Spinoff with humans making contact with the Peace Movement, who are a bunch of dirty hippies living in the woods and trying to actually make some changes in the war from the sidelines
-Yeerks.
In.
Canada! (Or Europe. Or Africa. Or somewhere, eh?); actually, there is a group of characters I could use who are based in Liverpool and London...
-Speaking of your idea on "noticing something weird"...there's a human genius group called Mensa (like the actual human genius group) but they have mishmashed human tech and Yeerk tech (they're all free humans) to operate a cloaked space station in orbit. They're insufferable ****s and I love them.
-I love the idea of either post-war-what-do-humans-do-with-aliens-living-everywhere (human victory scenario), or post-war-Earth-lost-and-the-Empire-reigns-supreme (Yeerk victory scenario). So much richness in either of those worlds!

And if all else fails, one of my rebels on a supply run to Earth could run into an Animorph. Because uh, they still think the Animorphs are Andalites. Whoops.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I'm on Pacific time, so that's nine hours behind Italy. I work 8-4 (I'm a science teacher) but I also have frequent breaks! The best times are probably your weekends in the early evening, so say, your Saturday or Sunday at 5pm would be my 8am.

--- End quote ---

Myitt:

--- Quote from: netspider86 on November 17, 2017, 05:28:24 AM ---To clarify, are we talking ship-in-space base, or Yeerk-Pool-base, or some-other-secret-base-like-the-ones-the-Animorphs-tried-to-go-destroy? Boy that last one was long. I'd be up for the latter two cause they leave some room for some full human, morphing able, character who doesn't necessarily live IN the base - which would be more my choice.

--- End quote ---

When I say base, I mean specifically an off-world base, underground, on an abandoned moon. Location unknown!

--- Quote ---That works well with all your first 3 ideas I reckon! The other 2 both work but I'm slightly less interested in them, they take some of my favorite dynamics from the series away (acquiring and practicing new morphs, aliens among us secrecy...). I prefer the first half, maybe the first two thirds of the series by the way, in case it wasn't clear by now. Your additional idea works too but you don't sound too into that, so let's scratch it!

--- End quote ---

Actually I'm interested in the first three, but also the last idea! It would just be harder to sustain it, unless we just saw where the story took us.

I
--- Quote ---To elaborate on what I said in my original post, I had something in mind with some dice rolling here and there, but lots of GM discretion. So, minimal stat sheet, rolling for success based on stats + situation, GM keeping consistency, realism, etc. in check: yes; super detailed HP for anything from characters to plants, injury tables, unending lists of classes, skills & stuff: naaaaah, unless you have a tested ruleset that has worked for you before. Is that good for you? The specific of how stats and rolls work could be up to the GM or we could agree on a system :)

--- End quote ---

I actually don't use dice rolling, I just use consistency / fairness in responding to attacks or new developments without powergaming / god-modding. Whatcha think?

--- Quote ---BTW I played around with server settings on Discord yesterday, I have one set up with a few channels and a bot for dice rolling, we can move there when we have a general idea... and gh gets back to us I guess :P

--- End quote ---

Cool! I have a Discord account, my name on there is Myitt.

--- Quote ---Timewise, Sat/Sun at 8am Pacific Time for a few hours works for me if you're normally already active at that time! I am normally busy on one of those two days only (quidditch practice cause yay normal hobbies), although I'll have plans for the whole weekend now and then, like next week.

--- End quote ---

Well Quidditch sounds awesome!! And yeah, I can try to do 8am (9am is probably better) on weekends.

--- Quote from: Myitt on November 16, 2017, 08:20:52 PM ---Hey netspider,

I don't mind GMing, but most of my GM ideas have to do with the aforementioned base full of rebel Yeerks.

Interesting ways in which my characters could interact with canon characters, or OC-but-close-to-canon characters:

-What if one of the original human characters was a Controller who agreed to work with the group as a rebel, or as a spy?
-Spinoff with humans making contact with the Peace Movement, who are a bunch of dirty hippies living in the woods and trying to actually make some changes in the war from the sidelines
-Yeerks.
In.
Canada! (Or Europe. Or Africa. Or somewhere, eh?); actually, there is a group of characters I could use who are based in Liverpool and London...
-Speaking of your idea on "noticing something weird"...there's a human genius group called Mensa (like the actual human genius group) but they have mishmashed human tech and Yeerk tech (they're all free humans) to operate a cloaked space station in orbit. They're insufferable ****s and I love them.
-I love the idea of either post-war-what-do-humans-do-with-aliens-living-everywhere (human victory scenario), or post-war-Earth-lost-and-the-Empire-reigns-supreme (Yeerk victory scenario). So much richness in either of those worlds!

And if all else fails, one of my rebels on a supply run to Earth could run into an Animorph. Because uh, they still think the Animorphs are Andalites. Whoops.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I'm on Pacific time, so that's nine hours behind Italy. I work 8-4 (I'm a science teacher) but I also have frequent breaks! The best times are probably your weekends in the early evening, so say, your Saturday or Sunday at 5pm would be my 8am.

--- End quote ---
[/quote]

netspider86:
I'd say we give it a try. I'll add you on Discord next time I log in, now to see if gh up here reappears, and one more person would be great, to have a reasonably sized group to start with.

Off-world base could be a bit weird, I have no particular interest in playing Yeerk (or Chee pretending to be Yeerk) characters myself, so if the main set for the story is an off-world base my character would stick out more than they'd like to.

<Who's this?>
"New recruit, Visser. Totally a Yeerk. Promise!"
<I have never seen him before>
"Yea well, you'll just have to trust me, not like we can quarantine him for 3 days and wait to see if the Kandrona starvation starts to kick in, right?"
<...>

Any ideas in mind that don't run into that issue? :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version