Author Topic: Animorphs characters as Miis (now with YouTube and QR codes)  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
Animorphs characters as Miis (now with YouTube and QR codes)
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »
I made these Mii characters on my new Nintendo 3DS. (From scratch and obviously not by the "Mii Maker" thing which uses a photo.)

I tried to match their book descriptions as close as possible, but please tell me where I can make improvements!

In the first picture, we have a bunch of characters under the age of 17, with the possible exception of one of them. In the second picture, I made three adult characters as a bonus. You can probably name who each one is easily!

From left to right, they are: Jake, Rachel, Cassie, Marco, Tobias, Ax, David, and Erek (the one who is not really under 17). The adults are Eva, Loren, and Chapman (not teenage versions).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:10:43 AM by Dogman15 »

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Animorphs characters as Miis
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:40:23 AM »
I'm not sure who the last three kids and the third adult are.

I presume the boy in blue is either James or David, and maybe the boy in orange is Ax in morph? What about the blonde?

Is the first adult Marco's mum? Is the second Loren (sunglasses = blind...?)?
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 02:28:16 AM »
The boy in blue is Ax. I didn't make a James, because I don't have access to book 50 at this time. David is in the red. See his blond hair and smug expression? The orange kid is Erek. Brown hair "a little over the ears". Except, you know... Miis don't have ears.

And yes, the first two adults are Eva and Loren. You'll notice Eva and Marco have the same skin tone and nose. With Loren, I debated giving her "squint" eyes, but then you wouldn't be able to see any color. The identity of the man still hasn't been guessed yet.

I'll reveal more details about the (obvious) others, like why I chose certain traits, after people guess their names.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 02:32:56 AM »
*shrug* I presume Chapman. :P
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »
Yes! I had the most "trouble" with Cassie, because I couldn't find a hairstyle that matched her. Is this too long?

And I also wanted to balance "long hair" Marco with "short hair" Marco, which is why I chose this hairstyle.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »
Could you label your characters?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:41:31 AM by Graphic Blue »
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 02:19:41 AM »
Yeah, sure. Why not? I'll make it easier for you guys.

Post Merged: April 08, 2011, 12:50:30 AM
Okay, here's the first of my "family" series. The first one is Cassie's family.

Michelle has "dark hair like Walter, but much more of it." I made it so that Cassie has her mother's eyes (color and shape) and eyebrows. Cassie also got the hair color from her.

Walter has "dark brown balding hair and round-lens glasses." Cassie got her nose from him.

The descriptions are quotes from the books, which I copied from the books onto this Wikipedia article. I'll post another Animorph's family as soon as I can!

(By the way, if you have a Nintendo 3DS, you can scan those QR codes at the bottom to have these Miis on your system!)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:51:33 AM by Dogman15 »

Offline Magdaleen

• wow, i sure haven't been here in a while. hello
Re: Animorphs characters as Miis (made on Nintendo 3DS)
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »
Cool! I wish I had a 3DS on my own, so I don't have to borrow my brother's. I just love making Miis. ^-^

As for the appearances, I'm pretty sure David had brown eyes. And Marco was slightly shorter than Cassie? (But Cassie is still short, you know.) At least that's how I pictured them. And Marco looks sort of weird with that chin.
But other than that, you did a good job. :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:40:15 AM by Magdaleen »

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »
I made those changes you described, changing David's eye color. (I was just guessing blue because a lot of blonds have blue eyes.) I also tried to make Marco shorter than Cassie, but it's tricky to compare heights pefectly unless you're looking at an image output. I'll post those three kids' changes in a future update, along with another family's QR codes.

Post Merged: April 10, 2011, 03:19:09 PM
So here's David with brown eyes, and the updated versions of Marco and Cassie. It's really tricky to get a Mii's height exactly right. Are you absolutely sure that Marco is shorter than Cassie? I'd like some confimation on that.

Post Merged: April 12, 2011, 01:39:42 AM
After some hard work, here's Rachel's family! All five of them!

Dan has blond hair like his daughter Rachel, and Naomi has dark hair and dark eyes, like her daughter Jordan. Jordan has dark hair and dark eyes, like a "smaller version of" her mother, and for Sara, I just extrapolated the blue hair and blond eyes thing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:39:44 AM by Dogman15 »

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 12:07:44 AM »
that's pretty cool with the mii code. :)

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 03:25:02 PM »
Do you have a 3DS, Goom?

Post Merged: April 16, 2011, 02:05:34 AM
Here's Marco's family, along with some more dynamic portraits of Cassie's and Rachel's families.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:05:35 AM by Dogman15 »

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 01:55:20 AM »
You know, I just thought of something. You'll be able to see all of my Animorphs Miis on my deviantART page anyway, so maybe I should just combine them all into one video and post that to my YouTube account. I think I'll do that when I have more time later this summer.

UPDATE - Here's the video:
Animorphs Miis
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:11:39 AM by Dogman15 »