Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95621 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:34 PM »
You just have to think of what Esarvit might do on the ship. He liked driftball, and may see if anyone else likes it. Even though he's older than Claxter, he may be able to relate to him better than other Andalites, since he's on the smaller side. He could introduce himself to Claxter.

Claxter is currently resting, but there's nothing keeping anyone from talking to him, unless they're just really polite or something.

Personally I was going to have Claxter be interested in driftball, but unsure how acceptable playing games is with Ossanlin. Since there aren't any canon rules for driftball, we can come up with ideas for "house rules".
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:19:40 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #226 on: January 02, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »
Probably a good idea to wait until we're on a slightly bigger ship before you play driftball. :P I get the impression it requires a lot of space, and everyone is kinda crammed sardine style right now.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2013, 02:45:06 AM »
Well, Ember, as long as I hear from you (as I have now), you're okay.

Fair warning to all (and this has always been the case), there will be a LOT of character development in this RP...it's not going to be action all the time.  I'm aiming for a decent balance between the two.  Right now is time for some character development, albeit not a great one with the Rebels so new to the idea of what's going on, not to mention their grief over losing three-fourths of their people.

But Ember, you just have to put yourself in your own character's place, that's the whole idea of this thread anyway.  What would Esarvit do after this battle?  What is he thinking about?  Does he need to decompress after the stress of the situation?  Is he hyped up over still being alive?  Perhaps he's uneasy around the hosts/Yeerks?  Posts that detail your character's thoughts and feelings are more than allowed, they're encouraged.  Of course we like you to interact with other PC's, but you don't have to do so...especially in situations where your character wouldn't be socializing.  What is Esarvit seeing around himself?  How is he perceiving the situation?  How does he feel about what's going on?  Are his thoughts dwelling on the Rogue rebellion against the Electorate?  Does he feel sad?  Happy?  Relieved?  Uneasy?  These are all things to consider posting about.  :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:28:27 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2013, 10:56:26 AM »
Well I wouldn't expect them to start playing in the Mirage, but they could talk about it. The captain's quarters in a dome ship are said to be big enough for a driftball game, though I doubt Ossanlin would want to walk into his room and see a bunch of Andalites batting around a ball. So obviously we will need to distract him with something, and set a lookout. Then we can commence.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:33:11 AM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2013, 06:06:47 PM »
XD

I'm pretty sure that Elfangor was hyperbolizing when he said that. It'd be like me saying my room is big enough to play basketball in. It isn't, really, but it gives you the idea of a large room.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2013, 06:08:27 PM »
I know, but I thought it was funny. Compared toi the rooms they gave arisths, the captain's room was probably enormous. In all seriousness, driftball will be played in the dome.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
So sorry for my absenteeism. I've been really under the weather for the last few days, and all the energy I have had has been focused on work and a giant government grant due in a week and a half.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2013, 02:55:34 AM »
We'll be offline out of town this evening through Monday.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2013, 06:08:39 AM »
We'll be offline out of town this evening through Monday.

Understood.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2013, 05:24:10 PM »
I might be slow in the next few days, too; new semester starts Monday and I need to plan three classes' worth of lessons, and set up a bunch of osteology labs. From scratch, with no help! Yay, skeletal creativity! Ooh, that reminds me, I need to buy those little neon sticky dots, and a plastic tub, and uh, I am determined to get fresh beef bone. Mmmm, mad cow disease.

>___<

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »
lol Tara...Don't forget the scleral rings and hyoid apparatus.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »
The drinking bone's connected to the party bone. The party bone's connected to the staying out all night long. She won't think it's funny, and I'll wind up all alone, and the lonely bone's connected to the drinking bone.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:24 AM »
RAF Awards are done and we all know at least a few of the winners.  ^^  I just wanted to take a few moments to congratulate all the nominees and winners!

Congratulations to Tara for winning Best Role Play Character for the rough and irascible, yet lovable Myitt. 
And another congratulations for being the topic-starter for Best Discussion/Debate of the Year  Gay Marriage

Congratulations to Este for winning Most Insane Member.  You're not actually insane, Este...we love the majority of you.  :P :)  *hug*

Congratulations to Marie (and Josh) for hauling in a whopping three titles this year...
Best RAF Couple
Best RAFcon Event
Best/Funniest RAFian Photo  [spoiler=Marie and Josh's Wedding][/spoiler]

And, of course, honorable mentions for nominees:

Myitt:  Best RAF Couple (with Terenia), Best Role Play Writer, and Signature of the Year

Terenia:  Best RAF Couple (with Myitt), RAFian Writer of the Year, Staff Member of the Year, Best Role Play Writer, and Best Role Play Character

Este:  Best Role Play Character, Funniest Member of the Year, and Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon  :P

Chad:  Ani-Master of the Year

Ember:  Best Newcomer to RAF

Kelly (Shenmue):  Best Role Play Writer

Marie: Most Missed RAFian (even though she's still (thankfully!) here.  ^^)

I think that covers everyone from Rogue Element.  It looks like each and every one of us got a nomination at least!  Congratulations to the winners and nominees!  :D

And if you guys have a moment or two, please take the time to thank one of the Staff members for keeping RAF up and running for another year!  ^^

~Luke
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:50:24 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2013, 09:02:30 AM »
I didn't really pay attention to the RAF awards, and didn't know I was nominated for Ani-master. Is that for most well versed in the books? That would be a nice award.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2013, 07:27:17 PM »
Wow, yay! Very generous of everyone who voted.
Aluminator's RAFsister