Author Topic: K.A's favorite books  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Starsword

Re: K.A's favorite books
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23:48 AM »
Her act of brashness makes her much like Rachel, except the fact that she did something to help someone else. It also shows why the Animorphs need diversity though. Marco's thinking seems cold and intelligent, and Cassie's seems foolish and compassionate. Each provides a viewpoint for Jake to take into consideration.
Until then we fight.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23:51 AM »
she wasn't planning on coming back. she didn't want to kill anymore. she just wanted it to end. she didn't forget her responsibilities. She said several times what she should do for the world instead of for Karen. She just didn't want to kill. if you didn't want to kill, what choice would you make?

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 10:25:22 AM »
It also shows why the Animorphs need diversity though. Marco's thinking seems cold and intelligent, and Cassie's seems foolish and compassionate. Each provides a viewpoint for Jake to take into consideration.

It's also, I think, why the andalites always lose. they have no diversity.

Offline Starsword

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 10:31:16 AM »
I doubt any of them really want to kill, but they're trying to do what they think is right for the greatest number of people. Like the Joe Bob Finestre situation.
Until then we fight.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 10:36:38 AM »
and yeerks don't count as people?

Offline Starsword

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 10:38:28 AM »
Not really. They are attacking the home team, so you have to view your enemy as inferior to an extent or you end up like Cassie.
Until then we fight.

Offline ThermalRider

• Workin' Them Angels
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 11:37:39 AM »
she wasn't planning on coming back. she didn't want to kill anymore. she just wanted it to end. she didn't forget her responsibilities. She said several times what she should do for the world instead of for Karen. She just didn't want to kill. if you didn't want to kill, what choice would you make?

That kinda sounds exactly like shes forgetting her responsibilities. She pretty much just gave up. It's a shame that she has to kill and hurt people, but she and the other Animorphs were given the responsibility to save the world. It's all on their shoulders. By giving up, Cassie is condemming so many people to a horrible fate. Plus, she's turning her back on her friends, whose chances of winning are drastically cut without her in the battle.

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 01:11:01 AM »

That kinda sounds exactly like shes forgetting her responsibilities. She pretty much just gave up. It's a shame that she has to kill and hurt people, but she and the other Animorphs were given the responsibility to save the world. It's all on their shoulders. By giving up, Cassie is condemming so many people to a horrible fate. Plus, she's turning her back on her friends, whose chances of winning are drastically cut without her in the battle.

If I'm not mistaken, Cassie had quit the Animorphs prior to making that "small peace" with Aftran. She was losing her animals, losing her friends, losing herself to a war with every battle. She wanted out. Quitting was the first step. Making small peace was the completion to   the cause. She allowed herself to be trapped feeling she had nothing to lose, and only peace to gain.

I admire her bravery. No one can ever call Cassie a coward, or inconsiderate, or even foolish. B/c she was the farthest thing from that. The girl knew what she was doing. She understood the consequences, anticipated, waited, and acted on her instincts which were usually right.

How is being compassionate foolish? Or unintelligent? You need people like her in war. If her empathy made her weak then I don't know what strong is. You dont have to be a blood-thirsty killing machine all the time. Sometimes it takes more than that just to win.

Oh, and because of Cassie they were able to start the Yeerk Peace Movement, right? Wasn't that beneficial in anyway throughout the remainder of the series, all the way to the end? I think so

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 08:28:29 AM »
it was one of the members of the peace movement that freed jake in #50.

thanks for adding that in filmstu2005. man I am so terrible at debating...

Offline musicman88

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 09:31:28 AM »
when it comes out of it's cacoon (well chrysalis actually) wouldn't that count as metamorphosis complete?

But why does coming out of the automatically signal that metamorphosis is complete?  The butterfly has to be ready to come out of it's cacoon first off, so it's metamorphosis should be complete before then. 

And another thing; Why did Cassie still have all her morphs and her human morph was still her "base form"?  She stayed in morph over the two hour limit, so shouldn't all the rules that applied to Tobias apply to her?

YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:50 AM »
ask ax. he'll know how natural morphing works

Offline Starsword

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »

How is being compassionate foolish? Or unintelligent? You need people like her in war. If her empathy made her weak then I don't know what strong is. You dont have to be a blood-thirsty killing machine all the time. Sometimes it takes more than that just to win.

I take that back, it wasn't foolish, it was cruel. By quitting and trying to become a nothlit, she showed that she didn't care if she condemned her family and friends to total slavery, just so long as she was content. Though I totally agree wars need people like her to keep everyone else from getting out of hand and to ground them morally.
Until then we fight.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 01:06:21 PM »
well...all the animorphs were cruel in their own way.

Offline Starsword

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 01:50:08 PM »
Very true, no one in the story was truly good or evil, except V3, he was just kind of a goofy, bumbling fool who got stuff wrong alot.
Until then we fight.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 02:28:22 PM »
she wasnt brave by getting trapped, brave would have been sucking up her fear and hate of killing for the greatest good, instead she took a huge risk that aftran wouldnt screw her over, risking her friends, family, and the entire world just so she wouldnt feel bad about killing one little girl

not saying i dont love the book, and i can see why K loves it to get back on topic lol it was one of those books she could really get deep with a single character, get to explore them alot more