Author Topic: Rachels assassination mission, did it really change anything?  (Read 3165 times)

Offline XenomorphLV426

Re: Rachels assassination mission, did it really change anything?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 05:15:49 AM »
See, that's not entirely accurate.  Opinions can still be wrong.  I've illustrated how the assassination mission was both significant and in a certain light justified in its sacrifices, through using the books as strict evidential basis.  There's a certain point where that ceases to be opinion and becomes demonstratedly factual.

I apologize in retrospect for the rude demeanor.  I just feel that what's presented in the narrative we're discussing overrules any sense of 'opinion' when it's directly contradicting the source.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 05:17:42 AM »
No, sorry, that's still your opinion. The idea that it was pointless can be backed up as well. Just because you can supply evidence FOR your opinion does not make it any less an opinion. And it doesn't make the other person wrong, or dumb for presenting a contrary thought.

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »
The idea that it was pointless can be backed up as well.

Okay, I don't dispute that.  I've just yet to see the supporting evidence.  Until then my position still has the weight and credibility.

Offline xoxogabyxoxo

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 09:37:42 PM »
It was a total waste of everything! what i liked the least was Rachel dying. She was my favorite in the book, and then Tobias being all alone. Hes the one I felt most bad for, because Rachel dyied and she feels no more, but Tobias did feel really bad.... but i just wonder if there is going to be more after this , maybe with another title. Maybe Rachel comes back in this spiritual way, or maybe Cryak brings her back. I was just wandering why at the very end, didnt she call cryak and told him shell kill Jake and she could live, because the first time they met, he kind of hinted what was going to happen to her.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »
Wait, wait, are you saying you're surprised Rachel didn't call the most evil being in the universe and offer to kill her cousin?  :wow:

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 08:26:41 AM »
That is just wrong right there. If she had called out to Crayak, I would have lost all respect for her. She really would have gone completely to the dark side. Not that the ghostwriters weren't trying to build up the idea that she was all dark, and would never be able to recover after the war. Bull honkey.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 02:13:13 AM »
I disagree with Xeno. Sorry, but Tom was not the main target. Why kill Tom when someone else could've taken his place. There were plenty other controllers on deck, and its not like Tom never told them his plan.  And the blade ship still escaped.

Honestly, we've been over this b4, and i personally feel the story was rushed. Period. KA wanted out, and she got out. And in the most unreasonable way, I might add. It was a rushed story with a plot that was all over the place and showed no real planning. It honestly seemed like she was making stuff up as she wrote along. Rachel's death couldve easily been avoided. But oh well. It wasnt.

And that's my opinion. And i dont think its wrong.

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 04:34:39 AM »
They wanted to kill Tom because it's established Tom's Yeerk is actually a cunning strategic leader.  Sure, somebody would have taken over, but they may not have had his level of ruthlessness or expertise.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 04:41:37 AM »
And other yeerks aren't cunning or strategic? There was a specific reason that yeerk had to be killed RIGHT THEN? They couldn't just go after him later when there was more of a chance of the GROUP taking him alive? Yeah, sorry, still doesn't make sense to me.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 08:00:35 AM »
I wonder how the blade ship got past the Andalite fleet anyway. Maybe they were too far away at the time to catch it before it got into Z-space.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Hylian Dan

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »
And other yeerks aren't cunning or strategic? There was a specific reason that yeerk had to be killed RIGHT THEN? They couldn't just go after him later when there was more of a chance of the GROUP taking him alive? Yeah, sorry, still doesn't make sense to me.

Tom would have taken down the Pool Ship. The other Yeerks didn't care about it, they didn't have vendettas, they just wanted to escape.

Offline Champion

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 06:59:50 PM »
i think it was more rachels destiny. she is a warrior after all. and after the war, God knows what she woulda done. She'd probibly go insane, if she wasnt already. I think Jake saw two things, a Rachel in the future who was insane, and a Rachel going down in a battle. Now which would you've of chose?  Plus thats not taking into concederation she's not too important after the auxillary Animorphs. Earlier in the series, the Animorphs needed her brute strenght, but later on, not so much. Then there is wether Jake would have wanted Tom to live out the rest of his life as a slave...

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 09:32:55 PM »
I don't buy that. At all. Knowing Rachel, she would have survived without going crazy. Joined the military, become a extrame sportswoman, or something.

It's also true that Jake didn't want Tom to beome the next Eva.

Ani-Master 2014!