Author Topic: Why Don't Andalite Warriors Load Up On Morphs?  (Read 422 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

Why Don't Andalite Warriors Load Up On Morphs?
« on: June 22, 2015, 12:48:41 PM »
The Decision: An Andalite Prince tells the Animorphs that few Andalite warriors actually acquire morphs.  Why isn't in SOP for Andalite warriors to load up on morphs?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Why Don't Andalite Warriors Load Up On Morphs?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 01:01:12 PM »
Because most of the war is fought in space ships and with laser guns. In places were the Yeerks don't need to keep undercover, there's less hand to hand, making stocking up on battle morphs pointless, and their tech. is enough to get them most places they need to go. The alternative is to have soliders spend time getting morphs, or waste resources maintaining suitable morphs, and that's inefficient when most will never need them.
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 09:26:13 PM »
But then again they could have zoo-like place built so they could visit that during their training and acquire morphs, and practice using them.
You never know if you could use a morph, not to mention the healing capacity of morphing.
But maybe it was just against norms or code of honour.
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 09:28:28 PM »
In the begining of TAC, the morphing power was stated to be used for spying. :P
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 10:46:21 AM »
Yep. Andalites are already pretty dangerous in their natural form. They'd never really thought about weaponizing it since they didn't need to. If I remember right they were rather shocked/impressed with the way the Animorphs had used the tech for fighting and guerilla warfare. I always thought it was kind of ironic that the beings who best utilized the full potential of the morphing tech were a yeerk and a bunch of kids. All beings who were rather defenseless in their natural form.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 06:49:24 PM »
Yep. Andalites are already pretty dangerous in their natural form. They'd never really thought about weaponizing it since they didn't need to. If I remember right they were rather shocked/impressed with the way the Animorphs had used the tech for fighting and guerilla warfare. I always thought it was kind of ironic that the beings who best utilized the full potential of the morphing tech were a yeerk and a bunch of kids. All beings who were rather defenseless in their natural form.

Once the Andalites learned the full potential of morphing, did they direct all warriors to load up on morphs?