Author Topic: Fanfiction Comments and Feedback  (Read 86125 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
Re: Fanfiction Comments and Feedback
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
Skip 5, go straight to 6. I like the idea of mike getting infested.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2009, 05:09:44 PM »
Skip 5, go straight to 6. I like the idea of mike getting infested.

You're assuming that's what I have in mind. I actually have more than one idea in mind, although I'm leaning more towards one of them. You'll have to wait and see!
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2009, 07:53:53 PM »
UPDATE: I just posted the rest of my ELF fan fic, if you read, you'll notice i decided to put some more romance in this section.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2009, 08:30:24 PM »
on my story about Korrinne i was thinking maybe i should skip most of the school days and his pranks and go straight to when he becomes an Aristh what do you think?

===============================================

Offline gecko52

« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2009, 09:25:40 PM »
who likes my rp in the hands of armageddon?

Offline rocklobster

« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »
hey I just posted a fanfic today.  Let me know what you folks think!

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2009, 11:34:14 AM »
Hey, I definitely liked your fic.  Had to sign up for an account just to continue reading it.  I especially like how you set up Mike as a classic case of Mary Sue, but then break it down by having him fail to save Tobias.  There are still some minor problems in it, but they can easily be chalked up to Mike not being as good at this as he thinks he is, for example, why didn't he think to grab the blue box from Elfangor so as to avoid the whole ordeal with David, and to be able to make more animorphs as needed, as he would know that Melissa would actually make a good member of the team based off of the Megamorphs book.

It's been a while since I have read book 5, but it probably is worth at least a chapter at the end of your book 4 fic, perhaps Mike suggesting something other than ant morphs, and it going smoothly.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »
Hey, I definitely liked your fic.  Had to sign up for an account just to continue reading it.  I especially like how you set up Mike as a classic case of Mary Sue, but then break it down by having him fail to save Tobias.  There are still some minor problems in it, but they can easily be chalked up to Mike not being as good at this as he thinks he is, for example, why didn't he think to grab the blue box from Elfangor so as to avoid the whole ordeal with David, and to be able to make more animorphs as needed, as he would know that Melissa would actually make a good member of the team based off of the Megamorphs book.

It's been a while since I have read book 5, but it probably is worth at least a chapter at the end of your book 4 fic, perhaps Mike suggesting something other than ant morphs, and it going smoothly.

Thanks man, always nice to get new comments! +1

lol, I actually didn't even know what a Mary Sue was when I first started the fic, I just spent too much time day dreaming about being an Animorph (I was only 13 at the time). I never intended for Mike to be perfect though, that's why I had him make mistakes, he's only human after all.

Not picking up the blue box from the construction site was deliberate, as I have yet to decide if I'm going to write the David Saga. I would like to, but Mike isn't stupid enough to forget a major event like that, so I'd need a good reason for why he doesn't do it, or why he might be unable to find the cube.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding book 5, I was actually considering adding a chapter at the end of 4 just to show Marco's reactions from an alternate view point. You make a good point about the Ant thing though, no idea what Mike could do there. The problem is that I want some of the bad stuff to still happen to add drama, but I don't want Mike to constantly fail or look like an idiot either, that's almost as bad as making him look perfect!

If you have any other comments or suggestions, feel free to PM me or post here again.  :)

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2009, 07:01:26 PM »
maybe have him suggest morphing ants from the right colony? that would still cause issues as the termites did later on, but it would be better than what happened, especially because mikes being there could make it go a lot worse.  if you only want to give it a chapter or two, it would probably be better for him to suggest a better morph. i dont remember the exact plot of the book though, so i dont know what it might be.

it would be pretty difficult to write, but you still can have mike fix most of the problems that happened in the series, but have new ones come up, because that is likely what would happen.  have him palm the pamalite crystal so book 26 goes better? some other not as friendly chee might get their hands on it. stop rachel from getting split in half? whatever visser 3's plan in that book was will succeed, etc.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2009, 04:20:32 AM »
I like the way you think man. Suggesting Ants from that colony would still be safer than what happened originally, even though it would have a similar problem to when they morphed Termites.

Suggesting a different morph entirely sounds good in theory,Mike won't want to mess up things to much. Even at the beginning of the series he knows that even small changes could dramatically affect the time-line. Rachel morphs an Ant while at the Yeerk Pool in #17 so what would happen if they never acquired Ants? Maybe she morphs something different and is caught because of it?

Mike could perhaps stop the problem they had with Ax at the mall earlier though, as I don't recall them ever using the Lobster morph again. That's probably just something I'd mention in passing though, as opposed to actually writing that section.

You practically read my mind! Mike's actions having unforeseen consequences will be a pretty important factor later on. It's much harder to do than just following the series like clockwork, but it's also much more fun for me, and hopefully for the readers too.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2009, 10:37:28 AM »
i do like your idea about having Mike get infested instead of jake and seeing how the yeerk would react to so much future knowledge. the problem with that though, is that that knowledge would include the fact that it failed horribly in the books. also, then again, the animorphs probably do not know mike well enough to see him acting a little weird, and the yeerk might want to rely on that. if thats the case though, youd probably want a different yeerk than the one that was infesting tom, a minor change, but from what was shown in the books, tom's yeerks (both of them) were smarter than average, and would not risk it and just go straight to visser 3 with enough knowledge to take over the earth within a week.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2009, 10:42:20 AM »
I won't comment on #6 because I may or may not have a surprise planned. I also may or may not be already using one or more of the ideas you suggested, lol.

Ideas are always welcome and if it's something I end up using that I hadn't thought of already, you will be credited for the idea when I write the fic. If you wish to discuss anything that would force be to discuss possible spoilers, please PM me.

Offline animefanboy

• I'd shake your hand, but, you know, peanut arms
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2009, 11:55:12 PM »
Uh...I have an idea for a story with a slight Dragonball universe crossover. They Animorphs meet a Saiyan. Not Goku or anything, an oc saiyan. I nerfed the Saiyains so that they are not overly powerful. She is about as strong as Goku was as a kid. Is this a good idea at all?

Forever Blue

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2009, 12:33:43 PM »
I actually had a similar idea ages ago, so I think it could work. I imagine your idea is probably better thought out than my original one was.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2009, 01:24:27 PM »
Uh...I have an idea for a story with a slight Dragonball universe crossover. They Animorphs meet a Saiyan. Not Goku or anything, an oc saiyan. I nerfed the Saiyains so that they are not overly powerful. She is about as strong as Goku was as a kid. Is this a good idea at all?

Can I give you a piece of advice? If you want to write it, then write it. You should always write because you want to not because other people want you to (that's just a bonus). Go ahead and write it.