Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224931 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5070 on: July 19, 2016, 07:19:11 AM »
Travel safe, gh!

Abomination? Aw, she's only part Andalite...sorta... and not anymore...

She doesn't have a very sympathetic backstory, in my opinion. I think part of the issue was that Corliss insisted on overlooking everything, t the annoyance of my two characters. Because he quickly developed a thing for Terenia. Including trying to put her back into an involuntary host, and wanting her to walk around unsupervised, which led to her killing her sister. It was just not pretty all around.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5071 on: July 19, 2016, 08:43:18 AM »
Travel safe, gh!

Abomination? Aw, she's only part Andalite...sorta... and not anymore...

She doesn't have a very sympathetic backstory, in my opinion. I think part of the issue was that Corliss insisted on overlooking everything, t the annoyance of my two characters. Because he quickly developed a thing for Terenia. Including trying to put her back into an involuntary host, and wanting her to walk around unsupervised, which led to her killing her sister. It was just not pretty all around.

I don't know, I think it all depends. I'd argue that large parts of her backstory are sympathetic enough. Being kidnapped at a young age, forced into the war, turned into an Andalite guinea pig (ow), then a Yeerk guinea pig (double ow).

Of course that doesn't make her sympathetic. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of being physically tortured repeatedly over a period of years is that you become a bit unhinged and incredibly selfish. Which led her to do things that didn't make much sense, like taking an involuntary Andalite host and murdering her sister. I may be putting words into Tara's mind, but I don't think Corliss cared much for her actions -- I think he sympathized with the fact that she was incredibly broken and saw an opportunity for redemption down the line. Whether that's worked out or not is another story.

Though, if we want to split hairs, Efaen isn't the nicest Andalite in the world either. She regained her freedom and promptly committed what amounted to genocide by poisoning the main Yeerk Pool on the rebel base.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5072 on: July 19, 2016, 08:44:40 AM »
Yeah, Corliss saw a broken thing - wanted to fix.

She's still not fixed.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5073 on: July 19, 2016, 08:45:12 AM »
She's totally fixed. *wide grin*

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5074 on: July 19, 2016, 08:45:48 AM »
She's totally fixed. *wide grin*

Uh. How about....no. :D

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5075 on: July 19, 2016, 08:53:12 AM »
I might have missed or forgotten some details about her. And yeah, getting to the rebel base just so she could slaughter as many as possible the first chance she got is pretty bad for Efaen. Though some could blame Terenia for that. It's all about interpretation, I guess.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5076 on: July 19, 2016, 08:56:09 AM »
I might have missed or forgotten some details about her. And yeah, getting to the rebel base just so she could slaughter as many as possible the first chance she got is pretty bad for Efaen. Though some could blame Terenia for that. It's all about interpretation, I guess.

Terenia's presence didn't help, but much of Efaen's mentality is based on the same brainwashing propaganda Ossanlin's been talking about. She bought into it hook, line, and sinker, and her experiences with Terenia only cemented them more thoroughly.

Also, I *totally* forgot about your Temrash character! I liked him.

I'm only going to play two characters at once in here, but if either William or Dalik run away I might reintroduce an oldie. Efaen might be interesting, actually, though I need to hammer out exactly what happened to her with Luke. I have some ideas, but it's probably good if we're on the same page. :)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5077 on: July 19, 2016, 09:03:04 AM »
Oh yeah. Temrash. I can imagine him having a big "I told you so" moment, regarding Corliss trusting Terenia. Temrash was my first attempt at roleplaying a character I had in my head. Which is probably part of the problem I had with him, because if something never leaves your head, no one can complain about them being a Mary Sue. :P

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5078 on: July 19, 2016, 09:23:20 AM »
Temrash was pretty great! And hey, maybe I'll have Corliss wander in at some point. He's Myitt's brother and that would also be interesting in a, "What the bleeding Christ are you doing, toking up and drinking, love?!" sort of way.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5079 on: July 19, 2016, 09:36:27 AM »
Terenia was always a character I was weirdly fond of, I think because she reminded me and continues to remind me of a much simpler time.  :P I'm not sure why, given that she has one of the most insane character backstories of all time, but she does. Possibly because I existed, when I Roleplayed with that one, in a time where the worst thing that could happen was my boyfriend dumping me and sending me into what was probably a clinical depression. X3 The GESB saved me back then. :)

And Temrash was super cool. ;D As for Keshin and Joanne, and Mar...I have no idea what I'll end up doing on that front.  For now I'm just enjoying sharing with you the fruit of new relationships and character development. Keshin and Joanne are what they are, and I always loved the chaos the bastards wrought. X3 And Mar, himself, was always too intricate and complex a thing for me to make the use I did of him, but I value what I built out of it with Ossanlin and Myitt and I'll see how I intend to use it.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5080 on: July 19, 2016, 09:41:45 AM »
Yay, Kelly :D

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5081 on: July 19, 2016, 09:55:01 AM »
I'm not sure I exactly remember what character Temrash had. If I brought him back, he may be different than what he was last time.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5082 on: July 19, 2016, 10:12:34 AM »
Temrash, from what I remember, was kind of a pissant. XD

And..."Yay?" That's all the response ye got? ;)

Oh well. Threeeeee. <3

....I always hear the heart as "Three," cutely.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5083 on: July 19, 2016, 10:15:54 AM »
Temrash, from what I remember, was kind of a pissant. XD

And..."Yay?" That's all the response ye got? ;)

Oh well. Threeeeee. <3

....I always hear the heart as "Three," cutely.

Yes! That's all I've got! XD I'm yaying because I love you. XD

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5084 on: July 19, 2016, 10:28:24 AM »
Terenia was always a character I was weirdly fond of, I think because she reminded me and continues to remind me of a much simpler time.  :P I'm not sure why, given that she has one of the most insane character backstories of all time, but she does. Possibly because I existed, when I Roleplayed with that one, in a time where the worst thing that could happen was my boyfriend dumping me and sending me into what was probably a clinical depression. X3 The GESB saved me back then. :)

I've always been fond of her too, but that's likely because I've had her since I was about ten. Incidentally, that's also why her backstory is as fecked as it is. :D When you have a character for long enough, their life sort of turns into a soap opera.

As much as I enjoy  Keshin/Joanne and Mar, I am loving the opportunity to meet more of your charas, Kelly. And I'm enjoying the chance to feel out a few of my newer characters, from both the Aniverse and beyond. :D