Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224936 times)

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #3735 on: December 10, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
I think I'll have to crash the party! Can someone give me a quick overview of what's going on right now? (Where are we timeline-wise? What species have been brought in? (If I wanted to be, for instance, a Kelbrid or Anati are there other people's character descriptions I'd be contradicting?) Etc.) Thanks!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3736 on: December 10, 2011, 03:03:16 PM »
The first post should help. There are several stories being played out. We are supposed to be trying to stick with animorphs characters, though it's not a really strict rule. Just make one character and have him enter the bar. My characters are currently busy doing other things, but other characters may be willing to talk to someone new.

I guess I should start thinking about reintroducing Zoshonel like some people have asked.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3737 on: December 10, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »
You're the one who sat him down inside the ship when youy knew we were all about to leave. It's not like it came out of left field.

Uh, yeah, I kinda sprung that "hey we're leaving!" bit while Marie was away.  The Madra is in tow, we've figured.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3738 on: December 10, 2011, 05:18:59 PM »
I think I'll have to crash the party! Can someone give me a quick overview of what's going on right now? (Where are we timeline-wise? What species have been brought in? (If I wanted to be, for instance, a Kelbrid or Anati are there other people's character descriptions I'd be contradicting?) Etc.) Thanks!

As Chad said, most characters tend to be from the Aniverse, but that's not really a set-in-stone rule. We do, however, prefer you to use OCs.

Currently my only character hanging around is Zorish/Tamora. Zorish is an Imperial Yeerk (a Sub-Visser) whose host, Tamora, is a girl in her late teens/early 20s. Caucasian, long blonde hair, blue eyes. Wearing an Imperial uniform with a holster. Sitting at a booth in the bar being sullen.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:22:45 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #3739 on: December 10, 2011, 05:23:12 PM »
Introducing an OC from an Animorphs species is what I had in mind, yeah. I'm just wondering which species would be good/bad choices and where we are relative to the timeline of the series (roughly contemporary with the main series, I assume, if there are human-Controllers hanging out?) Sorry if I'm overthinking this, I realize this is the Space Bar. :p

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3740 on: December 10, 2011, 05:26:30 PM »
Well, that's the fun part.

Your character can be from any point that you want. For example, one of my other characters, Trey, is from the future, about 20 years after the Yeerk Empire was defeated.

The Bar is a nexus in space/time, so you can choose where and when they come from. It makes for some interesting stories....for example Zorish is actually dead. So is Tamora. But a past version of themselves showed up at the bar to investigate their death that they heard about due to the space-time awkwardness that is the Space Bar.

Any species work, too. :) As long as they aren't super powered or whatever.

Oh, and the bartender never talks.

Ever.

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #3741 on: December 10, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »
Oh, that sounds excellent! Now I have more ideas about which of my OCs I want to join in. Thanks! :)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3742 on: December 10, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »
No problem; can't wait to see you in there! :)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #3743 on: December 10, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »
Welcome, Ember! I look forward to playing with you!
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3744 on: December 10, 2011, 08:24:52 PM »
Welcome, Ember!  Right now my characters have just left...but another one will be joining soon.  The brother of one of the ones who just left.  Also, the alcoholic in the family. *sigh*

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #3745 on: December 11, 2011, 08:26:32 PM »
I have a couple of characters in the bar. Odysseus Morgan, who is a Minotaur. And Gaz, a human woman in her mid-twenties dressed vaguely like a pirate. My other character Julian is like a Minotaur but part horse instead of bull, he's outside. Along with Asda, a doctor with 4 arms.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3746 on: December 12, 2011, 06:57:30 AM »
I really need to remember Zorish's number designation. I think he has a new one every time he introduces himself. -.-

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3747 on: December 12, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone notices. Just pick something you can easily remember. Jocun's is 119, which is just 911 backwards. That actually make a nice villain designation. If you meet a Yeerk with the number 911, run away really fast!

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #3748 on: December 12, 2011, 08:09:25 PM »
Okay, so long story short I made my mom's archaic desktop work.  It still won't read is own sound-card so I can't watch videos or listen to music, but I can do some basic stuff and keep up a little better with the internet as long as nothing happens.  This computer is far from reliable but it's all I've got for now.

It's still limited access.  Thankfully mom doesn't really need to use it because she has her laptop (which is far better than this old thing...I should know, I helped her pick it out...) so it could be worse.  Still it's in an inconvenient location and I don't like people being able to look over my shoulder even if I'm only typing a forum post.  My own hangup I guess, it's just uncomfortable.  Anyway, that's the status.  I should look on Newegg to see if my laptop's HDD would be too terribly expensive...

Also greetings Ember and be welcome in the GESB.  If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.  The unofficial mods for the thread are myself, Myitt, Terenia, Kitsune, Shenmue, and Salem.  A few of us were around when the first GESB opened at Kimm's Anichat ten years ago (or therabouts), and most of us have been in the thread here since it began a few years ago, so we should be able to answer your questions.  Chad has also been here for quite awhile, so he should be able to help you with most questions as well.  Again, welcome and have fun.  :)

~Luke
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:15:00 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #3749 on: December 12, 2011, 09:54:07 PM »
Good to see you, Luke. Good luck with the computer situation!
Aluminator's RAFsister