Author Topic: The RAF police issue  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
The RAF police issue
« on: June 25, 2009, 01:42:08 PM »
apparently, the RAF has been sucked into another round of RAFDrama and now every seems to dance around the issue that need to be dealt with.

so it's time for the forum to speak and be heard.

should the RAF Police Force be dismantled?

Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
Re: The RAF police issue
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »
I say, yes. I see no need for it.  Wow rich was fast about movin the thread.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 01:45:26 PM by ANna »
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 01:45:03 PM »
There is no longer be such a "Project" on RAF.

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
Its already been locked, but yeah. Erase all the remains of the thing. Its created too many problems.
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »
I don't really care.

although I do care if a big argument and then maybe an RAF civil war starts because of it...

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 02:02:38 PM »
Its already been locked, but yeah. Erase all the remains of the thing. Its created too many problems.
I agree with Ash.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »
Ditto

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »

Agreed. Even if it was created for purely innocent reasons (which I now know for sure that it wasn't) it was still responsible for too many problems and conflicts between members. Personally I think that Adam should have closed it down himself when he saw how much trouble it was causing. Besides, reporting spam posts to the staff members SHOULD be common courtesy, not something we have to set up a special unit for.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 05:19:21 PM »
Ok I have nothing to hide now that it's been officially shut down.

First assignment:

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Troops,

I hope this message finds you in good favor.

The first assignment I have for you is a simple supervisory/surveilance one. Basically what I would like you to do is everytime you come on R.A.F. (Mainly only once a day, and if you have time), I would like you to pick a couple of boards (preferably at random), if not all of the boards, and check all new posts in the boards you have chosen.

Ensure that there is no spam in these boards, and if you suspect anyone of spamming, please either message them yourself (if you don't know exactly how to word your warning, please ask me or my Second to be advised as to what you should say), or message a superior officer with a link to the incident. They will message them at their earliest convenience, or contact a staff member, depending on the severity of it.

Also, if you do remember, I would appreciate it if you message me to let me know which boards you have checked each day, so that if one or two were missed, I can make sure to include them into my regular checks.

Thanks guys, and I have to say that this will be appreciated by most if not all of the staff members, but I can't speak on their behalf.

Signed -
Adam A.K.A. Ellimist
Commissioner

PM i sent to Mike after he locked the RAFSPP thread. I'm posting this because I have nothing to hide, and Mike says that he "Know for sure that it wasn't" created for innocent reasons. So here are those guilty reasons he claims to know. May as well say all! Sorry Jess...

Hi Mike!

We've known eachother since this Forum began, almost. But i have to say, i was surprised to read your post in the Spam police thread. and since you locked that thread, i'm replying here.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm sick of this crap. Clearly this whole Spam Police thing is doing nothing but causing trouble on the forum and friction between our members. Even if Adam started this just to be helpful and have fun (which for the record, I highly doubt is true), it's obvious that this has become a power play, or an attempt to disrupt the forum at the very least.

Now i know you don't believe me, but i honestly did create this Faux police force just to help you guys out. I also did it because i made up the badge, and since I don't like Russell, i thought i would have some fun pissing him off in the process. Go ahead, ban me for teasing a staff member.

While I am aware that the Spam Police doesn't give you any real power Adam, the illusion of power is bad enough it seems. I said from the start that I had no problem with this idea as long as it didn't cause you to feel superior to other members, and based on how you've been treating Blue I think it's safe to say you failed to do the one thing I expected from you.

All i wanted was to make something I could be in charge of. Since Richard is being stubborn and refusing me a place on the Staff team, I've been trying to prove to him that I can actually do some good. I made banners (which i have taken away), made a RAF logo comprised of all our names (which i want Richard to take down), I made a faux police force to help you guys with the spam (Russell wanted us to report spam), and I'm currently in conversation (via email) with KA and MG about coming back (and i'm not sure i'd want them to come back to see this).

I'm not entirely sure what these so-called "assignments" of yours are, but surely no type of assignment is necessary when the whole point of this was simply to report spam to the staff members?

I copied you (and the other staff) into the only Assignment that went out. So check your Inbox, and if you didn't get it, then tell me and I will resend it to you, or ask Richard, cause i also sent him one too.

And you also have no need for an undercover agent, assuming one even exists and you didn't just make that up as an attempt to intimidate the staff. And if you did have an undercover agent, I highly doubt you'd actually tell anyone!

I'll tell you since i'm pretty sure I can trust you not to go tell everyone who it is. It was Jess. And you can ask her yourself, and she may deny it because that is her direction (to deny it to anyone that asks) or she may understand the situation and say that she is.  

The Spam Police is doing nothing besides make everyone mad at each other. Smite me, insult me behind my back, I don't care; I'm doing this for the good of the forum and it's members...

*locked*

-1 karma from Adam and -1 karma from Blocky (for being disrespectful)

So are you saying that it's ok to -1 karma someone when they are being disrespectful, and with good reason? I was disrespectful to Blue because he was disrespectful to the rest of the Force! He was all for the police force at one moment, and then the next, he's posting about how Russell is right, and the Spam police should be shut down and all that stuff. NO ONE in the Spam police force appreciated that. After i send this to you, i'm going to -1 karma you, because it was disrespectful for you to -1 karma someone, even if you had a good reason to do it.

Oh and just to let you know, i'm still keeping the RAFSPP running, because the members who are in it, are in it just for fun! Sakki de Roxea is pretty excited to be involved in something, Alic had fun making the badges, and Blocky is having his own little fun with it. And we aren't excluding anyone either! ANYONE can join! it'll be fun!! It's just like the "I like Chocolate Milk," and the "Animafia" threads. I'm just gonna comunicate with my troops via PM's and Skype and such.

So thanks for your opinion, and I hope you listened to mine, and if you have anymore questions, Please, don't hesitate to ask! I'm here to listen!

And That reminds me, Richard, can you remove that Logo i created on the front page please? I don't want it seen anymore. Besides, not everyone is on there (i'm missing and so are a few others).

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:21:01 PM by Ell¡m¡st »

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 05:24:05 PM »
I voted "yes" (Adam and slushie can call me a traitor all they want, at this point i really don't give a damn) because it started out as a nice idea, a little RAFneighborhood watch, but it quickly got out of hand and led to fights between the members and the REAL RAFpolice, our mods. I stuck by them for as long as I could and i admittedly did take their side in beginning of the fight, which included talking about mods behind their backs which I am sorry for. But eventually I did realize that all this fighting was dumb and tried to bring both sides up on how they're being ridiculous and where does that get me!? well I'll tell you! the mods for the most part agreed with me but as for my fellow officers, I was suspended from the RAFpolice and then demoted, Adam seems to not trust me anymore, i find a whole twitter blog about how im a traitor, and Slushie hasn't spoken to me since, i think he even blocked me on skype(keep in mind that this wasn't supposed to get as serious as it did) and after this post I'll probably be fired. Seriously guys, grow the hell up!

Now regardless of everything that went down, i still DON'T believe that Adam was just hungry for his former mod powers when he started this. I truly do believe that he started this with good intentions but unfortunately some members started taking this too seriously and look where it is now! To any "police officers" i may have pissed off with this post, I apologize but I'm tired of all the drama this, supposedly non-serious, organization has caused and we were better off without it. Now I don't want any tantrums being seen from the police just because they've been shut down (like taking away your contributions to the site that actually did serve a purpose) there's no need for that, like I said before, grow up!

And Adam, despite what you think, up until now, I was not intentionally disrespecting the force I made that post earlier hoping it would end an argument that would have resulted in the RAFspam police thing being shut down a lot earlier than it already was and I'd appreciate it if you slushie talked to me directly about whatever problem you have with me and not talk about me to other people behind my back like little middle schoolers! You know you have to get a reality check when I'M actually telling you to be more mature.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:38:03 PM by Blue Fire! »
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 05:26:26 PM »
I voted yes because I didn't really see a point in it.
And I felt like it was only being continued because of the reaction it was getting from some of the members and staff.
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »
Ok this is the Official Message from the Commissioner of the RAFSPP:

I am shutting down the force. If you have any questions, don't come to me. I won't answer them. I am washing my hands clean of this mess. I do not want to be asked about it, I don't want to be told that I'm an **** for saying mean things. I'll still accept the -1 karma as punishment for making the wrong desicion of banning Blue, or for the even worse desicion of starting this whole police force. I guess that's what happens when you try and help when it may be needed.

I am still taking away the banners and such, because that's something else that I did to help RAF, and I don't want that blowing up in my face down the line. I probably won't contact KA & MG, because i haven't spoken to them in a while, and again, that might take a bad turn down the road too. I may still donate, but I'll see about that. I only will when it's asked of me.

No one asked for the Banners.
No one asked for me to contact KA & MG.
No one asked for the logo with usernames in it.

No one asked for the RAFSPP.

If you ask for it, and if I can provide, I will. But if it isn't asked for, I can't do it. I won't do it.

I won't be checking this thread, so don't bother talking to me here.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »
Before all this business with the Spam Police, I literally had nothing against you Adam. I'd heard people say you were still sore about the staff position and I didn't believe them because I'd never seen you do anything wrong and you seemed like a nice guy. If only I'd known that you'd turn out to be such a petty bastard...

You know what? You can keep your banners as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to take mine out my of my sig right after I post this, and I encourage others to do the same.

Just so you guys no, I won't hold it against any of you if you decide to stay on as part of the Spam Police. I'm sure some of you just want to have fun and help out. Just don't be fooled into thinking Adam is doing this for the same reasons.

The truth is that Adam just wants to be able to boss people around, so he made up the whole thing as a power play and as an excuse to mock a respected staff member. I knew this before Adam sent me that PM, but I didn't want to ruin a veteran member's reputation. However, since Adam clearly doesn't care about anyone else, all bets are off. Any proof that Jess is your supposed "undercover agent" or has done anything wrong or are you just trying to ruin someone else's good name?

And don't you dare try to still act like you did all those things to help RAF! You did it to try and suck up to the staff to try and get your position back!

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Dude, Adam, I like you, always have. But that is a childish decision to make! That Logo was great. I loved that thing. I don't even know if I was in it. But I still loved it. I can't believe you could be so childish and immature as to do that. I'm not trying to be disrespectuful of you, but damn, dude, that's just cold.

It's your decision to make. So I really can't say much. If I had the technical skills, I would try to make one to replace it, but I don't. I hope you come to your senses man, I really do. Yeah, I'll PM this to you, too, just in case you really *Don't* check this.

*Shakes head sadly* Shame, dude, such a shame.

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 06:44:38 PM »
Before all this business with the Spam Police, I literally had nothing against you Adam. I'd heard people say you were still sore about the staff position and I didn't believe them because I'd never seen you do anything wrong and you seemed like a nice guy. If only I'd known that you'd turn out to be such a petty bastard...

You know what? You can keep your banners as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to take mine out my of my sig right after I post this, and I encourage others to do the same.

Just so you guys no, I won't hold it against any of you if you decide to stay on as part of the Spam Police. I'm sure some of you just want to have fun and help out. Just don't be fooled into thinking Adam is doing this for the same reasons.

The truth is that Adam just wants to be able to boss people around, so he made up the whole thing as a power play and as an excuse to mock a respected staff member. I knew this before Adam sent me that PM, but I didn't want to ruin a veteran member's reputation. However, since Adam clearly doesn't care about anyone else, all bets are off. Any proof that Jess is your supposed "undercover agent" or has done anything wrong or are you just trying to ruin someone else's good name?

And don't you dare try to still act like you did all those things to help RAF! You did it to try and suck up to the staff to try and get your position back!

So clearly i can't stay away!  ;D

Why are you even still going on about this? I said it was over, and you just keep ramblin' on about it. Just drop it Mike, I'm done, you guys win. Just DON'T try and tell me why I did something. Sure i wanted to become a staff member again at one point, but i don't want to anymore. The thought of having to work with people like YOU on a daily basis in RAF has made me realize I don't think i would be able to handle it.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 06:46:58 PM »
What are you looking for Mike? some huge reaction from me saying i want to leave? Why do you not leave it alone?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 07:01:40 PM »
I apologise for being a bit harsh, but I stand by what I said. Perhaps I overreacted, but that's because you were being completely unreasonable and childish. I don't care about the banners, but it was still petty of you to remove them. And you practically admitted that you did those things to get your position back in the PM that you just quoted.

And as for rambling on about it, you're the one who made this personal. I just locked a thread that was causing trouble and stated my reasons for doing so. You were the one who PMed me about it, and I didn't retaliate because you have a right to your opinions. When you got no reaction you quoted the PM in this thread to provoke a response and you got it. And now you're still trying to provoke a further response from me and I'm not going to give you the satisfaction, you aren't worth it. Happy now? I have nothing more to say on the subject if you don't, I was willing to put this all behind us and I still am if you are.

And please don't double post (hope I don't come off as being a tyrant, just asking nicely!)

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 07:04:52 PM »
Just DON'T try and tell me why I did something.

All i wanted was to make something I could be in charge of.

I've been meaning to comment on this for a while but I stayed out of it because I generally don't like "war." However, all I've said has already been said by others. As someone with virtually no "history" on RAF and no real knowledge of anyone involved, I too thought it looked more like a power play than a genuine attempt to help. I was afraid to say it because I didn't want to spark any more drama but the drama's already here so I figured I might a well, and if I make any enemies then so be it.
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 07:07:11 PM »
I too thought it looked more like a power play than a genuine attempt to help.

this
If you really wanted to help the forum, why take away the banners?
And if you can't stand the staff so much, why not just leave?  You'll still have skype/twitter/whatever.

also
popcorn.gif

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 08:00:47 PM »
ok, just to be clear. adam and I have come to an understanding and have decided to put all this nonsense behind us and I suggest the rest of ya'll do the same
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Blocky97

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I don't have time to be sane.
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 08:09:04 PM »
good idea

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 08:13:03 PM »
I'm more than fine with putting this light-years behind my back.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 01:09:24 AM »
Before all this business with the Spam Police, I literally had nothing against you Adam. I'd heard people say you were still sore about the staff position and I didn't believe them because I'd never seen you do anything wrong and you seemed like a nice guy.

i feel about the same way.
let's forgive and forget. or as morfowt put it:

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 06:42:09 AM »

not a truer thing has ever been said (by morf) +1 man!

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'