Author Topic: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel  (Read 34777 times)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
Re: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2008, 01:55:47 AM »
Holy sweetacular mushrooms!  :o Those drawings are AWESOME!

What's the link for your deviant art, Gafrash? gosh. I love the drawing so much, I keep going back to look at it!

By the way, I changed the name of this thread as I noticed it was spelt "amimorphs"
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Ax Man

« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2008, 02:58:23 AM »
Hi all, I'm pretty new to the board, but I think this is a really super awesome idea.

Gafrash, your illustrations look really amazing and I think it would work great in a graphic novel setting.. I tried logging into the Photobucket account, but only saw that one sketch. Were there others you had from before?

I would love to help out in any way I can, and possibly write some for the graphic novel. I've written a few screenplays for school so I would assume it would be pretty similar. Also, I'm a huge comic book fan, specifically Batman and Superman, so this would be really fun to work on! I read through most of the posts, but was just wondering where the project stands at this point and if we can do something to get the ball rolling.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2008, 09:17:44 AM »
Ax Man, want to be the first to welcome you aboard, dude.
I am pretty big into comics too, and maaaan, an Animorphs – Graphic Novel would be totally ace!!! And I would be soooooo honored to be a part of it.
Photobucket is a little clunky, I know. To see the sketches I’ve posted, make sure you’ve clicked the ConceptsforGraphicNovel link on the side bar of the account I made. It will ask you for a password, type in the Hork-Bajir word for ‘Andalite’. Note the capital letter.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. It truly incentivates me, you guys!
I may well stick with DeviantArt, but I am afraid we won’t be able to limit the viewers to RAF members from over there. Wanted to keep it in the RAF bag, you know. But I, too, don’t know where this project is at the mo. However, with my uni semester now out of the way, I am seriously thinking of producing a little something and posting it here.

Dameg, thanks for the add over there! And I also went ahead and added Terenia. It’s kewl seeing you guys over there. I’ve never had virtual like-minded people to meet through cyberspace. It’s pretty cool!
But I am still learning the ropes with all the cyber stuff, to be honest. So I am not sure what you mean by thread… like are we combining something?
I’ll add my Deviant address to the bottom of my avatar.

Random question: Do you guys think the Andalite’s tail needs to be more ‘scorpion-like’ to look more nasty, or is it nasty as it is, like an elongated snake. I know the Animorphs described the Andalites to have this nasty scorpion-like look, but the reason I opt for drawing them like this is because I just can’t picture the scorpion-tails to being elastic and flexible enough as I pictured the Andalites tail-fighting. This way it shows more flexibility, but I just had a reckon it verges the look of a Garatron’s whip-like tail. What do you guys think?

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »
I like the kind of tail you made on your last picture (the one on DeviantArt).
I think they say, in the books, that it looks like scorpion tail to permit us to understand easily and quickly... and figure out the Andalite. But I think it's a little different, because Andalites don't use their tails as scorpions do! Andalites tails must be closer to knifes/swords, don't you think?
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »
I agree. I think it looks awsome just the way it is. Waaay better than anything I could hope to accomplish, let me tell you.

And Ax man brings up a good point. Are we still sitting with our thumbs up our butts on this, or have we actually started this thing? Because if we have started it...um...Oops...Mi ssed the band-wagon with it.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: Amimorphs:The Graphic Novel
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »

Hey guys, just recently I had a go at colouring one of my Andalites.

Hey Dameg, I've just become a Deviant, too. I clicked 'refresh' MINUTES after posting and there was already some response. I mean, that is scary! I didn't know it people were THIS on the ball with the posted artworks over there. Wow!
How do I find you and anyone else from here there?

what's your DeviantArt?

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2008, 08:58:47 PM »
Hey goom, Not much happening on me DeviantArt at the mo, since I only just started and intend to only post coloured in stuff. My sketches and that I'll post on Photobucket. So give it a try there.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »
Yeah, I remember the way the cover artist drew the tails on Elfangor and Ax different to the way he drew Aldrea's and Alloran's/Visser 3. I kind of like the tails long and to the side like those. Understandable that Ax's has to be somewhat smaller, though.

And how do you do to make so beautiful colors with Photoshop >_< I'm so bad with it!!! >_< T_T Nobody can teach me?

Hey, Dameg, check your mail on the left there for an e-mail I sent ya about this. Hope it is useful to ya!

I've added my Deviant Address to my avatar there.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:40:53 AM by Gafrash »

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2008, 01:10:06 AM »
Hey goom, Not much happening on me DeviantArt at the mo, since I only just started and intend to only post coloured in stuff. My sketches and that I'll post on Photobucket. So give it a try there.

i must not have the right permissions or something, i can only see one image in your photobucket.
(unless you just have that one so far?)

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2008, 01:44:21 AM »
GazStalkerStalker-dude, my sketches should still be there. Look out for the Concepts for AniGraphicNovel link under favorites.

And there is a password. Use the Hork-Bajir word for 'Andalite'.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2008, 05:26:04 AM »
Erm... sorry, but whats the Hork-Bajir word for Andalite?

I don't have the best memory....

But your deviant art drawings are amazing.
This is gonna rock. :)

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
GazStalkerStalker-dude, my sketches should still be there. Look out for the Concepts for AniGraphicNovel link under favorites.

And there is a password. Use the Hork-Bajir word for 'Andalite'.

ah, didn't see the password.

claire, it's Hruthin btw.

Offline Ax Man

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2008, 02:09:57 AM »
Gafrash, I think the way you have it looks great. And I also managed to make my way into your photobucket and your character sketches are really nice!

I don't really recall it being mentioned in the books, but to me the tails of Andalites were always like...silver-ish if that makes sense. Like instead of a sharped tusk/claw material, it was more of like an ACTUAL blade from a sword or something.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2008, 09:44:22 AM »
Cool, Ax Man!

Hmmmmm… See, this is the issue I have with the biology of these guys.
A ‘blade’ to me is very much a metallic thing, too, especially the ones found in the Hork-Bajir and the Andalites, that make a KLANG! sound when clashing (I recall reading in The Arrival), let alone blades that slash trees in half.
What have we got here? Alien-Wolverines fresh out of a Hattori-Hanzo workshop?!

However, I wonder if the fact that they are aliens really lets them get away with it?
I think something like a Hork-Bajir can be interpreted as part-androids or something, visually, if all their blades are done literally in silver. I thought about that and figured their bones wouldn’t be a metallic substance, but something organic that would have metallic properties.
I’ve always pictured the Hork-Bajir’s blade with a tone of brown in mind. But with a special glitter or something when done in a particular light.
This is a little too technical, perhaps. Nevertheless, I’ll make my next Andalite render with a ‘silver’ looking tail-blade and see what we get.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2008, 03:37:53 PM »
I checked out all your drawings on photobucket, they were amazing.

Love the freaky half morphed Tobias, lol.

My only nitpick, sorry, is that, don't Andalites have 7 fingers? not 6?