Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 226451 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #4230 on: August 07, 2012, 08:43:34 PM »
They were at the bar. There is no across from her. Also, she only turned to walk away; she hadn't actually walked away yet. That's why I posted that Parker turned to follow her. They only stood and turned.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4231 on: August 07, 2012, 08:45:16 PM »
Well if she's facing the area behind the bar instead of the room, I guess he'd be sitting at her back if he moved. If she was facing the roo, he'd be sitting in front of her. I wasn't sur if she left or not.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4232 on: August 07, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »
Huh? I'm confused. I'm envisioning her at the bar, Parker at her left, Gene at her right, and Jocun a couple seats left of Parker.

First Terenia walked in and went to the bar and ordered a water. Parker saw her enter the bar and followed immediately. He sat to her left and ordered one as well. You got up from your position from the edge of the bar (where you were previously talking to Aya) and interrupted our conversation. Then Gene walked in and was standing next to Terenia.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4233 on: August 07, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »
That's how they've been, but he could move closer to her by getting a chair and and putting it out from the bar on the floor.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4234 on: August 07, 2012, 09:35:26 PM »
Terenia stalks off a lot. Sorry. XD She'll come back.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4235 on: August 07, 2012, 09:47:11 PM »
I know, that's why I gave up. I figured it would happen; but gave her a chance.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4236 on: August 14, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »
Happy b-day Parker.    ;)
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4237 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:47 AM »
Thanks Ossanlin.

I'll have a post in later today. For now, I start work at 5am. Yay. :(
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:46:12 AM by Darth Revan »

Offline crunge

« Reply #4238 on: August 16, 2012, 03:27:25 AM »
Not sure if this is where I would/should post a character bio but since its the OOC I will, sorry if I'm wrong.

Name: Connor NightHawk
Race: Human with morph abilities
Description: Connor is 6'0 and about 210 lbs. He has dark brown hair with streaks of Blond from being out in the sun a lot, that he usually keeps tied back with a piece of leather. His eyes are grey and seem to see things about people or at the very least make them think he can. He wears a black leather vest with a hood, usually with no shirt under it. For pants he wears a pair of black cargo pants that he usually wears tucked into a pair of steel toed combat boots. He has tanned skin and defined muscles from all his time outside(see bio). His most distinguishing marks are his two full sleeves of tattoos, the one on his right arm starts at the shoulder with a few significant military pieces that he got when he served in the Navy, and it begins again his shoulder with conjis(sp) stating the different types of martial arts he studied and what degree he is now.His left arm is a dark depiction of good vs evil that extends from his shoulder to his wrist. He doesn't know why but they return when he demorphs.

Bio: Connor grew up in rural Wisconsin, on a farm with only his father and uncle as his mother had died giving birth to him. He spent his youth and teens until he was 18 working the farm while going to school, the work helped greatly improve his muscles and body tone. At the age of 18 he followed in his father and uncles foot steps and joined the military, the navy to be exact. He worked in intelligence gathering. After 5 years he left to pursue his dream of working with federal law enforcement. It was at this time that me me an Andalite who told him about the war, and gave him the morphing ability. From then out his life changed as it had when he was in the military, the only problem was this time he really didn't have a lot of people that had his back, for all he knew any at all. It took him 6 months just to begging to start this guerrilla war. He didn't know how much of a dent he put into the Yeerks but he hoped it was enough. Now two years into it he finds himself at the GESB not knowing where he is, when he is or how he got here.

Favorite morphs: Wolf and Guerrilla(sp)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4239 on: August 16, 2012, 03:54:54 AM »
Hello and welcome to the GESB.  :)  We don't use character sheets per se.  Generally a newcomer to the bar begins with an intro post about his/her arrival on the GESB planetoid, all in character.  The physical description and visible attributes are generally described upon entering the bar proper, again all in character.  Basically you would describe how your character would look to somone who glances at him as he walks through the door.  The other attributes of your character including personality, history, etc, should simply come out through the course of conversations, casual or otherwise, with other bar patrons.  We write in a third-person narrative style, some of us write in present-tense, some in past-tense.  Honestly your tense doesn't matter that much as long as you don't switch back and forth between the two, but everyone writes in third-person regardless of tense.  You may also wish to remove or write over the character sheet you posted on the IC thread as we ask that all OOC content (except that which is absolutely necessary for the IC thread itself) is kept in the OOC thread.  The IC thread is meant only for character actions and interactions.  For example, if you removed the ref-sheet and modified your intro post to contain a description of your character's visible physical attributes as he walked through the saloon-style swinging doors, that would be spot on.

I would also strongly recommend you read the first posts on both this OOC thread and the IC thread as they contain our rules and helpful examples to describe what they mean.  The current thread mods include myself, Myitt, Terenia, Kitsunemarie, and Shenmue, though Shen has been absent of late and a couple of the others have been very busy with RL stuff.  If you have any questions or concerns regarding the GESB, you can direct them to any of us and we'll get back to you when we're able.  You would probably receive the quickest response from either myself or Terenia if you do have questions.  Of course you can also post questions on the OOC thread here and most anyone will try to help you out.  Parker and Chad have been around long enough to know the ropes as well.

Other than that, have fun and enjoy your time at the GESB.  We'll try to be nice.   :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:16:50 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4240 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:07 AM »
Welcome to the club.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4241 on: August 16, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »
Hi Crunge, welcome!

As Luke said, please read the very first page of this thread. It'll let you know the basic rules and whatnot. Let us know if you have any questions.

Otherwise -- enjoy!!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4242 on: August 16, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
Welcome, crunge! You won't need a character sheet.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4243 on: August 17, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »
Welcome Crunge.

Is there a ranking insignia on your tattoo? My character would definitely react different depending on your ranking. He'd especially greet you differently.

Offline crunge

« Reply #4244 on: August 17, 2012, 02:43:37 PM »
Welcome Crunge.

Is there a ranking insignia on your tattoo? My character would definitely react different depending on your ranking. He'd especially greet you differently.

For sake of the rp lets go ahead and say yes there is, and we will pull a bit of real life into it and say e5 (petty officer 2nd class)