Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333852 times)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #7785 on: March 18, 2010, 11:29:21 PM »
((Ok then, I think I'm gonna go with option #2: Elayne's timeline is sorted out once Ossanlin & co enter Z-space. If anyone comes up with a better idea between now and then, let me know, as there's still some time.))

Issid watched Mar's actions intently; even though she had no idea what he was saying nearly all of the time, the screen and its images was fascinating to her. Once he was done, she asked hesitantly, "So what race is he?" Then she sighed and leaned back in her seat, folding her arms across her chest. "And yes. This'll get me out of your hair, and you can have your 'sweet Elayne' all to yourself."

Just then, the Bar's door opened and a woman entered, followed a few moments after by a man--or at least what seemed to be a man under all of his coverings. She became distracted by them for a minute, but then she returned her attention to Mar. "I know you have your own reasons, but I would like to thank you for helping me find a new host. I won't mistreat your contact's body."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Johnny Xtreme

« Reply #7786 on: March 19, 2010, 01:38:17 AM »
He noted a female at the bar and her brief look at him and reaction to his drink of choice and slightly smiled behind his mask. He inhaled the scent of his drink and moved his mask aside to drink. The mix of the sub-zero temperature liquid and the almost scalding hot temperature of the foam soothed him deeply. The Reln Blizzard was a drink that had existed on the planet called “Fringe" for millennia to find it off-world was a very rare oddity because the primary ingredient was glacial ice from The Fringes' Polar Regions. When a 200 proof alcohol was added it reacted to the ice to form the almost scalding hot foam and the perfect Reln Blizzard.

He set his glass down, but decided to keep his mask off. One look at his skin and it was apparent he was not human. His skin was a dark blue that had an almost wet look to it with spots that seemed to change colors at random intervals. He took another drink savoring the flavor and his thoughts drifted to a time when relaxation like this was a joke. He shook his head slightly to clear away the memories, the past should remain dead.

He drained the last of his drink and ordered another. He then turned to regard the female at the bar and spoke to her. “Greetings, I am Lucan of the planet Fringe, what is your name and planet of origin?”
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:58:39 PM by Johnny Xtreme »

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #7787 on: March 19, 2010, 05:09:59 AM »
Ossanlin smiles as Alic walks back into the Mirage's ****pit.  He glances at Myitt.  <Well, I don't suppose we should've expected her to be responsive.  Apparently some part of her wishes to remain under Visser three's control.  She's unfortunately a very disturbed individual...that wouldn't bother me if she didn't force other innocents into her supposed efforts.>  Ossanlin turns his main eyes back on Alic again.  <Thank you for looking Aliciania, I appreciate it.>

He turns to face forward and establishes a link with the computer, instructing it to close the hatch.  <Take us up Warrior, I'll plot the course while you bring us to z-space safe-distance.>  He matches thoughts to actions as he interfaces with the nav. computer and begins scanning for recent z-space trajectories in the vicinity of Sukohn's departure from real-space.  Thankfully z-space seemed to still have the same configuration.  He quickly lays in a course for Earth along Sukohn's wake and fine-tunes it for z-space minutia.

((I suppose we'll have to be starting a new thread soon eh Tara?))
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7788 on: March 19, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »
< Welcome aboard Alinciana. Launching sequence engage. Bottom thrusters on.> Claxter said. The ship began lifting off the ground, and the landing gear retracted. Since his Prince said he'd plot the course, he left the holomap alone. <Main thrusters on. Fly into low orbit.> The ship flew outside the asteroid's atmosphere until it was in a safe spot to enter Z-Space. <Boost compensators. Activate Z-Space Drive. We are heading to Earth.> The Mirage entered Z-Space, and once they were in Claxter relaxed a bit.

<<Alinciana. I don't believe I asked before, but how did you come to like Myitt as much as you seem to? I mean she is nice and all, but you seem awfully friendly.>> He said. He was actually interested in how an Andalite and Yeerk could get along so well. He wasn't sure if he would ever be that close to one.

(Meanwhile at the other end of Z-Space.)

Sukohn finally made it to real space near Earth, and landed in the area where all the Bandit activity went on.

<How are you going to find these guys?> His host asked.

<The phone book. duh. But first I'm thinking of taking a new host. We'll be more prepared for our pursuers that way.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #7789 on: March 19, 2010, 07:22:33 AM »
((I guess so!  x3  Yay spinoffs.  If you want you can start it!  That sounds good Marie, maybe it could be as soon as they talk to the Peace Movement?  But it could still be a hazy connection...since it's not set in stone, yet...o__O man, lesson learned: never mess with space-time!

And I think I'll have someone come in to the bar, too.))

Myitt sighs, staring down at the weapons console.  "Back to Earth again, amongst a bunch of Andalites, to save some crazy suicidal humans from a mad Imperial assassin.  And set stun traps for a high ranking official in New Mexico.  And fix the fabric of space-time."  She laughs softly, incredulous.  "And here I thought I was off duty."

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:25:47 AM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #7790 on: March 19, 2010, 08:33:12 AM »
Priton regarded Lucan for a moment, taking a sip of his whiskey as an excuse to pause before answering. This far out, it was highly unlikely that giving out his name would get him in trouble. If he'd been that worried, he wouldn't have stopped. Unless he had a death wish.

Priton set down his drink. Calculated risk. Anyway, if there was one thing Genie was good for, it was making a run for it.

He turned to fully face Lucan. "My name's Priton Six-Four-Two. My host's name's Genie. From Earth." Technically, he'd never been to his own Planet of Origin. Earth was home. Or had been.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #7791 on: March 19, 2010, 01:27:27 PM »
((as soon as the new thread is started I'll rp Zorish in that one...although I doubt he'll be needed for a little bit. :) I'm contemplating....sh ould I have him try to go to New Mexico on his own or try to contact Terenia first and then when she doesn't respond go to the bar to collect her? What do you guys think would be best?))

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #7792 on: March 19, 2010, 02:05:55 PM »
((I think giving the bar some activity would be cool, having Zorish come looking for her at her last known whereabouts--someone might be able to confront Zorish at the bar, and we won't need the sting in NM...although it would be interesting...who knows? XD))

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #7793 on: March 19, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »

((Man, we've really gotta slow down all this chaos and get things back to normal in the Bar again. XD After all this we need to be agreed on a LONG period of non-craziness here. Poor Keshin needs to be able to sit down for a drink. Of orange juice. ; )  And I worry about this place. :3 The drop-off point with Zorish we might need to actually act out, but is it okay to assume once they've left, they've won the crazy space-time thing? ....that way we don't need double trouble. Hmmm, what to do...we've basically Roleplayed ourselves into a rut. There's gotta be a way to stop in-characterness from causing this much chaos. :p))

Keshin shrugs a bit, laying back against the grass. "I really don't know. Since we should hear the ships leaving, all we have to do in the meantime is talk. Although..." Keshin sits up a bit. "...you really sure that you want to go on this thing? I'd love to have the extra cash and supplies, but this is the only chance you've had in a decade to change your circumstances."

Keshin then snorts. "Even if it is being spearheaded by a bunch of arrogant Andalites. What exactly happened to make you distrust these guys so much? Other than the usual. The way I hear it, you're not really a Yeerk."
*******************************************************************************************************************
Mar looks up at the newcomers to the Bar and laughs a bit. "I wish them well, honestly. This place has a way of changing people's fortunes for the worse, even though we are all on nearly even ground while inside it. I hope for the sake of my Precious and for countless others that things return back to an equilibrium as soon as possible. ....I wonder if the reason she takes her vacations here is because she doesn't trust vacations."

Mar then turns back to Issid and states calmly, “I attempted to locate someone reasonably human for you. He may have a number of…interesting aspects to him, but I suspect that will serve you well. He is aware of the situation and like most people in his stage of life is prone to either rebellion or extreme patriotism. Either way I will have my sweet Elayne back, timeline alterations be damned.”
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 04:05:40 PM by Shenmue654 »

Johnny Xtreme

« Reply #7794 on: March 19, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »
His spots, which had been a dark yellow, flared white for a brief moment before changing to a dark orange. Thankfully the female called Priton Six-Four-Two/Genie would not know the reason behind the color change, however it still drew attention.

He silently cursed himself for the brief loss of control. It seemed his bad luck was still on his side. "Why could the past never die, but always come back to haunt you in the present?" He thought to himself.

“Forgive me for not understanding, but what do you mean by your “host” name?” Though he hated asking the question, he needed knowledge if this was going to pay off. He had been in worse situations before and survived and Priton Six-Four-Two/Genie hardly posed a threat.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #7795 on: March 19, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »
<It's complicated, like everything in life,> Terenia says, <the short version of it is that I'm a human who decided to embrace the Yeerk lifestyle permanently after a permanent embrace of the Andalite lifestyle went awry. And as far as changing my circumstances is concerned, well I'm worried that if this goes wrong I'll ruin any chance I'd ever have. The Andalites want to prevent me from holding Efaen captive, and they have a bonus opportunity to gather intel. I still don't necessarily believe that their interest extends beyond that, which makes my sister and I expendable.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #7796 on: March 19, 2010, 04:21:15 PM »
Priton didn't react to the change. He'd seen enough bizarre things not to react... outwardly anyway.

He smiled briefly. "I'm a yeerk. A blind parasite." He waved at Genie's body. "Genie is the host body I use so I can..."

<Blow things up,> Genie inserted. <Travel the galaxy. Drink whiskey.>

<You're not helpful.> "...Do things that are impossible in my normal physical state." He reached again for his whiskey, stopped, and took a sip of the coke instead.

Johnny Xtreme

« Reply #7797 on: March 19, 2010, 09:02:18 PM »
He was intrigued yet disgusted at the same time, but did not show it. There were a lot of strange things in the galaxy he had no knowledge of.

That had to change, quickly.

“Does Genie consent to you using her body Priton?” Lucan shifted on his stool to lean slightly forward, but kept his right boot on the chair pointed at the door. {Never let your guard down, stay alert at ALL times!} His teachers’ voice echoed the most important lesson in his head. “If she does then let me speak to her.” He said in a low voice while his spots turned a dark purple in color.

((For future reference everybody i will use { to indicate the voice of a person from Lucan's past that he is remembering))

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #7798 on: March 19, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
"If by 'consent' you mean she doesn't kill me when she has the chance, then yes."

<Oh, for pity's sake. You're going to make him think the wrong thing,> Genie muttered. <Let me talk to him.>

<Go right ahead.>

Priton gave over his control. Genie flexed her fingers experimentally, then said to Lucan, "This is Genie. I'm... as voluntary as I can be." This was more or less true. She chose to stay with Priton, at any rate.

Johnny Xtreme

« Reply #7799 on: March 19, 2010, 09:31:20 PM »
He could tell that she was telling him the truth. He still needed to know more though.

“If you wish it Genie I will free you.” He was taken a huge risk, but she still posed no threat.

“I am offering you freedom, but I do need your help as well.” He said while his spots turned bright pink.