Author Topic: Megamorphs #5 The End  (Read 2043 times)

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
Megamorphs #5 The End
« on: September 01, 2008, 05:27:51 AM »
Prologue
Cassie

My name is Cassie. I'm 27 years old. I know I said I knew I was never going to see Jake again but that didn't mean I wasn't distraught when they told me he had died, along with almost everyone else. I couldn't bear it. I broke up with Ronnie. I still went to work and did my best but my best wasn't really enough anymore. I almost quit my job but the only survivor of the Rachel stopped me from doing it. Tobias. His life was now even worse that mine.
    Tobias is really old in hawk years. Too old to hunt. I have to supply him with mice and rats and other small mammals. I don't know what happens if the body is too old to live but the real being should still be alive. I really hope that something better than just plain old death happens. I really, really hope. But I also fear for him.
    I think he might have to become a different kind of nothlit to survive. I don't know if he can handle that. If he morphs a different hawk he'd just die in a couple more years. I don't know what he'll do when the time comes.
    I keep trying to think of ways that the others might have survived. Nothing has come to mind. But one day Tobias figured something out. Something I had overlooked. Something that wouldn't mean they survived. No. Something that could make them not have died, though. Yes. That would be it. I know I said I knew that I would never see Jake ever again. And I won't. Not in this timeline anyway...

Chapter 1
Tobias

My name is Tobias. I am a hawk. A hawk with the mind of a human. An old hawk with the mind of a human. I was on board the Rachel with Jake, Marco, Santorelli, Jeanne, and Menderash. Everyone here but me is a human. Menderash was an Andalite but now he is a human nothlit. Jake had just told us to run the ship right into the Blade Ship.
    We all just stared in disbelief. Marco looked like he was trying to restrain himself from saying something.
    "Are you INSANE!" Marco blurted out.
    "No. I'm not. And I'm serious. Ram the Blade Ship. You said you wanted me to trust my instincts and make some crazy, reckless decision. I'm just doing what you wanted me to do." Jake replied.
    "Forget what I said! Who ever listens to me! I was insane for telling you that!" Marco practically screamed.
     Jake just smiled. Why he was smiling I didn't know.
     Santorelli went over to the control panel and set it up. We'd be colliding with the Blade Ship in one hour. It takes a while to recharge. For a few minutes we remained silent. Then Jake called me over to one end of the ship.
    "Listen Tobias. I know you are still angry at me for what I had Rachel do, and you should be. I guess I was just, I dunno, a little desprit to win the war. It was our last chance. And hey, you're not the only one who lost someone they really cared about. I know I'm the one who told her to do that. I guess I figured that she'd be able to get herself out. Or maybe I just wasn't thinking that far ahead. I don't really know. But I won't make excuses for my actions. I did it and I am sorry that I did. You don't have to forgive me. I just reallly wanted to get that out of my system before we ram the ship."
    I was very shocked. I guess he thought I hated him. I guess I thought I hated him. But somehow, in all of these days, I just was unable to get any true hatred towards him. I had already began to forgive him. <I, um, I...> I struggled to find the right words.<Man, this is harder than I thought it would be. I guess I do forgive you. I think I might have for a long time. I thought I hated you, but when you came and saw me I just couldn't conjure up any hate, none. I'm still upset but somehow, someway, I don't hate you.>
    Jake looked like he felt a little better. Then, Marco came over.
    "Uh, Jake?" Marco said.
    "Yeah?"
    "I don't mean to interupt the heart-to-heart thing here but why are we commiting suicide exactly?"
    "Well, you see. It's not complete suicide. Because of what I'm about to do right now." And with that he grabbed me by the talons and stuffed me in some weird looking box in the corner.
     That's when I figured out why he was smiling.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:50:01 AM by tobiasfan21 »
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.

Offline V2113

Re: Megamorphs #5 The End
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 08:14:45 AM »
Chapter 2
Marco

<Hey! What are you doing?!?! Let go of me!> Tobias screamed in thought-speak. I would've done something but I was too shocked.
    "Is that-?" Menderash asked.
    "Yes that is a very small thought-speak controlled ship." Jake answered.
    "So I guess that means this was a suicide mission." I said. There could only be one reason for forcing Tobias inside a ship the size of a cardboard box.
    "Not really. You see, a suicide mission is a mission with very little hope of survival. It means there will be no survivors. However if someone survives, it's not a suicide mission."
    <Could someone explain to me why Jake just stuffed me into a little box and is planning on sending me home instead of someone like Marco?>
    "That would be because I know you will do what you have to do. If you do it more than one inoccent life may be spared. I know what to do will come to you someday. I'll give you a hint. I was only there for a small part of that trip. Also you wouldn't exist if it weren't for that thing."
    I was confused.
    "Umm. Jake? Whatever you just said had 1) waaay too much rhyming and 2) made no sense whatsoever so if you were trying to tell Tobias something then why don't you just say it." I said.
    "Because he needs to find out what I'm talking about for himself. Tobias you need to control the Shrimpy by telling it to go back to Earth. Now!"
    "The Shrimpy?!?" We all asked. Then, we started laughing. It was the kind of laughter you get when somethings not laugh out loud funny but you just really need to get some laughter so you exaggerate the kinda funny bits into hilarious bits. It's my job to make something not lol become lol.
    "Well people, I guess we now know that Jake has lost it. He called a ship the Shrimpy. That is a definate sign of mental illness." I said.
    "It was already called that. Look on the side."
    "Oh."
    Sometimes, very rarely of course, I fail. But this wasn't one of those times because my total lack of noticing words in bright flashing lights was funny.
    Tobias was forced to go back to Earth. I didn't know what awaited him there. Whether it was the police or the paparazzi or just Cassie. I don't know. And it looked like I'd never find out. Seeing as I was on a spaceship that was about ram right into the Blade Ship.
    I have no idea how it happened, if it happened, or when it happened. But all of the sudden I felt an impact, pain, and then nothing. But what came next was shock. A tall young woman about my age with blonde hair and blue eyes was standing in front of me and the others. A very familiar young woman who was only sixteen when we watched her die. She looked sad. For a while no one said anything. We just stared. Then...
    "RACHEL!?!"

Sorry that the chapters are so small. I'm not good at making things all that long.  :confused24: but oh well. I will also be going through each group in random order. Depending on which character I feel like writing next. Also I was going for a Dumbledore in Harry Potter POA type thing with Jake there.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:56:37 PM by tobiasfan21 »
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

Offline V2113

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:08:06 AM »
Chapter 3
Tobias

I watched the explosion from far away. I was grateful to Jake for saving my life but he could've at least told me or the others. When I got back the police went after me first. When they got me I explained that everyone aboard the ship was dead except for me because they had a very small thought-speak controlled ship called the Shrimpy on board and I was thrown in it and forced to escape. I also explained about Ax and The One. That got more than a few frightened looks from everyone.
    In the end they let me go and it was the paparazzi's turn. When I finally got away from them I went to Cassie's. I was to old to hunt so I had to stay with her. The hawk part of me was nearing death. I wonder what will happen because we discovered something recently. We discovered that the DNA ages. So if I morph back into a human it would be 27. And if the DNA dies it just leaves. You can't morph it ever again. I bet you're wondering why all of the other morphs haven't died yet. Like the fly. That's because this only happens if it's lifespan is older than 30 years or if you're a nothlit in that morph. I wonder what will happen when my hawk body dies. I wonder if maybe then I'll be a human. That would be really cool. Except for the fact that I wouldn't be able to be my red-tailed self. I'd have to aquire a new one.
    But I doubt that's gonna happen. Then again, maybe that's what the Ellimist knew I wanted. He knew I wanted to be a hawk and a human. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
    Lately I've been thinking about what Jake said to me. He wasn't there for most of the trip. It could've been that time he went away and Rachel got us in BIG trouble. Could've been that time that he was in a depression about his parents being captured. But no. None of those had anything to do with something that caused me to be here. Eventually I remembered my mom and my dad. They met on an adventure that ended up using the Time Matrix. Jake was killed in the Revelutionary War where we were chasing someone who was using the Time Matrix and we ended up using the Time Matrix to reverse all of it. My parents had me because they fell in love while using the Time Matrix. Jake wasn't in most of the Time Matrix adventure because he was dead.
     <Cassie?>
     "Yeah, Tobias?"
     <I know what we have to do.>
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:09:43 AM by tobiasfan21 »

Offline V2113

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »
Chapter 4
Rachel

"RACHEL!?!" Everyone screamed.
    "Hi." I said. I felt upset. Now I wasn't the only one dead. "Where's Tobias, Ax and Cassie? Who're you three? If you are dating Marco, miss, you should've broke up with him before you had to be with him forever. Or at least until everything is set straight."
    Only Marco laughed, or at least giggled.
    "Tobias and Cassie are on Earth. We have no idea where Ax is. These people are Jeanne, Santorelli, and Menderash. Jeanne is not his girlfriend and has no intention on being his." Jake said. "Now my turn. RACHEL! HOW ARE YOU HERE RIGHT NOW?! Is anyone else here right now?! And most importantly, WHERE IS HERE?!?!?!?"
    "I am here. I've been here for a long time now. When I died I was first spoken to by the Ellimist. He told me his story. It was a very sad story. Then I was sent here. I don't know where here is exactly but I think it is a void where people who shouldn't have died go. James and many of the Auxilary Animorphs are here. Many of the solders are here. And my other cousin is here." Jake gasped. "Yes. You know which one I'm talking about Jake. The cousin that you ordered me to kill. Tom is here, Jake. The Yeerk didn't come here. Tom is here, dead, but free." That left Jake and the others in a state of complete shock. Marco spoke first.
    "So Jake really did mess up there. He shouldn't have told you to do what he did and he totally messed up the timeline. Right?"
    "Wrong. Crayak did. Crayak drew the suspision out of your minds when I wasn't there. Crayak put the thought in his mind for Jake to tell me to do it. The Ellimist has a plan. That's why we're not erased from existence completely. Did anything weird happen to you guys before you died? Any complicated rhyme-y talk or something?" One by one they all looked at Jake.
    "Ohhh, come on!" Jake said in disbelief.
    Jeanne explained, "Jake smiled while he gave the command to ram us into the Blade Ship-"
    "He did WHAT!?!" I practically shouted. I mean I know the Ellimist but that was insane.
    She ignored me, "-and he smiled as he stuffed Tobias into the-"
    This time I did scream, "YOU DID WHAT!!!!????!!!!!" Jake looked scared. Really, really scared.
    She continued to ignore me, " the Shrimpy-"
    "What?" I asked, amused this time.
    "The Shrimpy is a tiny thought-speak controlled ship about the size of a cardboard box." Santorelli explained.
    "Anyway, back to the point." Jeanne continued with a shred of annoyance in her voice. "He said something really strange and rhyme-y afterwards It was complicated. Something about Tobias needing to find the way himself but he gave him a few hints."
    "Like?"
    "Like 'I was there for only a small part of the trip' and 'You wouldn't exist if it weren't for that thing.' Are those good enough because so many others popped into my head along with doing all of that. It was like my body was being controlled but I still had the will power to refuse it. I don't know why I didn't." Jake said.
     Now I was confused.
     "Oookay. Jake. Do you want to talk to Tom by any chance? And if you are worried that he hates you he doesn't. He doesn't even hate me. He thinks that you made the right choice. Even though he wasn't happy with the outcome."
     "Actually, I would like that very much."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:44:03 PM by tobiasfan21 »

Offline V2113

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 08:34:37 PM »
Chapter 5
Cassie

"What?"
    <The Time Matrix,> Tobias explained. <Jake died in the Revelution, remember, so he wasn't there for most of that adventure. And Elfangor apparently had this big adventure in which he met Loren, my mom, and had me. They ended up using the Time Matrix to get back to Earth. Then he was whisked back to the Andalites by the Ellimist. It all makes sense!>
    That was really shocking but he was right, it did make sense. "Do you remember where it is buried?"
    <Yeah, the old construction site.>
    "Let's go and save the others then."
    <But let's not make the same mistake as Visser Four,> Tobias reminded me.<We save the last ones to die first and we work our way up from there.>
    "So I guess the place where it all began will be the place where it all ends," I commented.
    <Yeah, that's really ironic.>
    It wasn't to hard to find the Time Matrix. It was right beneath where Elfangor had landed. Tobias morphed mole and dug under fairly deep. It had almost been an hour and a half before he came back up.
    <I found it.>
    My heart leaped with excitement. We had found it!
    "I'll go get a shovel and some-"
    <No need. I morphed Ax a while back remember. His tail will work well enough.>
    He quickly de and remorphed. Then he began digging. It worked a lot better that a shovel would've.
    We pulled it out. It was beautiful. Tobias morphed back to hawk.
    "So, what do I do? Just hold onto it while you perch and think of the day you guys left to go to save Ax? Or should you do the thinking?"
    <I guess I should, so just clear your mind.>
    I closed my eyes. All the sudden I felt a whirring of motion. When I opened my eyes we were in the Rachel. I looked out to see that two andalites were being distracted by another andalite just before a gorilla bonked their heads together. The others came into view. I quickly darted back into the ship. It took me a minute to hide the Time Matrix but I managed and then Tobias and I figured out what to say to them while they debated over the naming of the ship. We had just figured out whhat to say when Jake came in. He stopped in his tracks at seeing me and Tobias. Then he looked over at Tobias,(Tobias=younger Tobias=older) and then back at Tobias.
    "What is going on here? Cassie, what are you doing here? And why does that bird look exactly like an older version of Tobias?!"
    "Jake. You're alive!" I ran over and hugged him tightly.
    "Yes, I am very much alive. Now will you answer my question?"
    We explained. They all looked very shocked at first. Then, they came to except the truth.
    <But we can't not save Ax!> Tobias said.
    <I was thinking exactly that same thing, but for now the only way to save him is to stop his need for being saved.>
     "Okay, where's the Time Matrix?" Jake said.
     I went over and pulled it out from it's hiding place.
     "Well, if we're going to do this, now's as good a time as any. Everyone place your hands on it and clear your minds, Menderash. Go to when you think would be the most opportune moment to make our approach."
     <Maybe I should stay here. You know, because if two of each are around for more than 24 hours then both of us would dissappear.> Tobias suggested.
     "Good idea."
     Tobias flew off. We put our hands on the sphere.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:00:03 PM by tobiasfan21 »

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »
Love it. can't wait :happy34: for thee next chapter.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Cyb3r GOD

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 05:04:41 AM »
kinda nice!! good job... 8)

Offline V2113

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »
Chapter 6
Jake

He was here! Tom, my brother, the person who had been infested by a Yeerk for sooo long was here. Uninfested. Free! I couldn't believe it but I looked over and there he was. He was there! Actually and really there. In front of me. There! He hadn't noticed me yet.
     "Hi Tom," I said. I swear he jumped three feet straight up in the air. Then he looked at me, tried to figure out whether I was a figment of his imagination or not and then hugged me.
     "Jake! I am so sorry for all of the trouble I must have put you through! So, so, so sorry. I have spent these years thinking about how hard it must of been for you to do all that you did for those years. It must have been out of true despiration that you ordered Rachel to... but it was the right choice. It was the only thing you could've done. The only thing. Things went wrong. And I expect that if you did what you were supposed to do then we will all be back soon. I wasn't expecting you to be here so soon though. In fact I was hoping that you wouldn't be here at all. Oh well. Might as well catch up."
     I told him everything that had happened right up from the day Elfangor landed to that day. He told me everything that happened since he was infested.
     For the next seven years we had to keep explaining things to all of the people who kept dying because of the One. It was upsetting work. I was beginning to wonder if Tobias would ever figure it out. One day I informed Tom of this concern.
     "Tom?"
     "Yeah, Jake?"
     "I wonder if Tobias and Cassie will ever figure out what the are supposed to do."
     "They will Jake, they will. In fact, they may be doing it right n-"
      Tom was in midsentence when it happened. All of my knowledge snapped back into my old body. I was on the Rachel. My hand was really close to the Time Matrix. I suddenly backed up about a foot with the shock. I looked around and saw that Marco, Santorelli, Menderash, and Jeanne had done the same. Cassie and a very old Tobias were standing -and in Tobias's case flying- there, staring at us.
      "What's wrong?" Cassie asked.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:16:41 AM by tobiasfan21 »