Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3022 times)

Offline VEPPart

• portfolio
Hello!
« on: November 08, 2018, 03:27:32 PM »
Hello hello! I was pointed in this direction by a friend!

Animorphs was my main obsession as a child. I think I was about 8 or 9 years old when I first picked up Animorphs, and it all spiraled out of control from there! I had seen the books around, but I was dissuaded by the lack of pictures (I know, I know) until my twin sister picked up book #3 in class one day and told me all about the plot. It wasn't long afterwards that I picked up my first Animorphs book (#34 - I read them largely out of order, oops) and I was hooked.

We didn't know anyone else who loved Animorphs like we did, but we didn't let it bother us. My sister and I let the obsession drive us; we wrote crappy self-insertion fics (that we only ever shared with each other), we'd RP all the time, sometimes with visual aids made out of clay or pipecleaners (play dough and pipecleaner andalites were a thing), we drew the alien species all the time (we even had what we called a "friendly taxxon" OC - we made a sculpture of him.) There were even some hork bajir-based fakemon we designed... kind of cringy, looking back on it.
We had some of the toys and one of the video games (the GBC one, good and frustrating times.)

It was tricky to find the books in Mexico City, where I grew up, but every now and then we'd have a scholastic book fair come through my school, and they always stocked some Animorphs books! Occasionally, when we'd go to New York to visit family, my sister and I would raid the local Borders and Barnes & Noble shelves for more. Our collection was only missing five books...

Anyways! Thanks for reading my ramble, and I am so thrilled to be here!

Bonus hork bajir doodle!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:49:55 PM »
Hey welcome to RAF :) I got some of my collection from book fairs back in the day too. Thanks for sharing the Hork-Bajir!
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:53:26 PM »
Welcome to RAF and dang is that ever an awesome Hork-bajir!  Your 'ramble' made me nostalgic, so thank you for that.  I don't suppose there might be any pictures in existence of these play dough and pipecleaner Andalites?  Because that sounds AWESOME.

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 08:52:58 AM »
Well time to teach the kid how to make taxxons out of play-dough.

Gave you a karma for the awesome intro. Welcome aboard and please post more Ani pics pleez.
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014

Offline VEPPart

• portfolio
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I feel right at home!

I don't suppose there might be any pictures in existence of these play dough and pipecleaner Andalites?  Because that sounds AWESOME.

Of the play dough one, most likely not, as he was made several years and two moves ago. The pipecleaner one might still be around, my sister is looking for him! But if he's not, I can easily recreate him for you and share pics ;) (TY good ol' Klutz pipecleaner book!)
(Your username is amazing btw. Best thing to be stuck as is definitely a dinosaur!)

Well time to teach the kid how to make taxxons out of play-dough.

Gave you a karma for the awesome intro. Welcome aboard and please post more Ani pics pleez.

Thank you so much!
Ask and you shall receive!

This was our friendly Taxxon OC (The Andalite Chronicles' insight into Taxxons really impacted us ;o; )
We never gave him a name or a story (or a reason for being different), he was always just "Taxxon buddy."

Oh yes, I forgot to mention in my intro ramble up there that I'm a professional illustrator!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:16:14 PM by VEPPart »

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 02:39:40 PM »
Velcome to RAF! Not gonna lie, the way you described you and your sister reminds me of me and mine, crappy self-insert fanfics and all :P

Also, I love your art! ^.^

*edit* Wow I just noticed your avatar. You’s cool ^.^
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:16:53 PM by Count Drunkula »

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 07:27:19 AM »
Heyoo welcome to raf, super cool intro=super cool person! Hope to see you stick around :D
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 01:57:01 PM »
Hello, friend! XD

Also please draw more things. Duh. You're awesome.

Also I know where you work. BWAHAHA!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline VEPPart

• portfolio
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 03:36:34 PM »
Thank you everyone for the super warm welcome! :D

Hello, friend! XD

Also please draw more things. Duh. You're awesome.

Also I know where you work. BWAHAHA!
Thanks again for pointing me in this direction!! Now I just gotta drag my sister here with me.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 07:22:14 PM »
Do eeet!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash