Author Topic: New topics that do not display  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Vickie1

• DA
New topics that do not display
« on: October 01, 2010, 09:05:19 PM »
Vickie: -last night, did a new topic and posted it-

Screen: -nothing-

Vickie: What the!? :huh: -did a new topic again and posted it-

Screen: -nothing again-

Vickie: GRRRR! -post again and again but nothing comes up- Anyone has a problem with the topics lately? I wanted to post a topic (regarding my fics and a thank you to everyone here) BUT THE WEBPAGE JUST GOES BLANK ON ME! Nothing has been posted! >:( I managed to post it up by doubling clicking but all my pics I put on it disappeared! ARRRGH! (Don't read that latest topic. I want it gone completely! :mad:)

And WTH! I can post this topic here but I can't post my other topic in the fanfic/art section?! -curses in the bg-

If not and I'm the only one who has this problem...anyone can help me post my new thread? I tried three different comps to post it up with pics and humor but I can't seem to do that.  :'( And I wanted to say thank you all for being nice to me in it. WHHHHY!!!?

Please reply ASAP, thanks!
My imagination can be both infinite and insane

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: New topics that do not display
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
i think you broke it :P
not loading for me either.

rather than casually deleting it, i'd like to first figure out what caused it so the problem doesn't occur again.
http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2819;sa=showTopics

did you do anything unusual in there? i see a ton of merged posts.

edit: clicking on 'quote' while viewing all of your topics takes me to the thread with a new message being made. however, after posting (and being redirected to the thread) it goes blank again.

did you attach anything odd?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:15:16 PM by goom »

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »
i think you broke it :P
not loading for me either.

rather than casually deleting it, i'd like to first figure out what caused it so the problem doesn't occur again.
http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2819;sa=showTopics

did you do anything unusual in there? i see a ton of merged posts.

O_O WHAT!? NO! And the merged posts, I only just did one/two this week! I didn't do a lot! I'M INNOCENT! EEEEK! -runs away-

I was just posting a topic that had an image in the middle (used insert image code) and attached another picture to it. I did this before so shouldn't have been a problem. What's more I can post in other places like here but I can't do anything bout that one post in the fan section! I did merged a post cuz I re-put an image there: http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/vickie-believe/?action=view&current=TheTransformationofMarco.jpg&newest=1 since one of the pictures wouldn't display.

Also, the attachment is just a jpeg. I don't think I could have harm the thing just by attaching a jpeg.  :-[ Could I?

Oh god...I did break it. -goes to sob somewhere- WAAAAAAH!

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 09:57:34 PM »
did you make the tag
Code: [Select]
[img]http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/vickie-believe/?action=view&current=TheTransformationofMarco.jpg&newest=1[/img]or even
[img]http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/vickie-believe/?action=view&current=TheTransformationofMarco.jpg[/img]
is not a link to the image. look under 'direct link'.
[img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/vickie-believe/TheTransformationofMarco.jpg[/img]

that might have caused a problem. i'm going to try merging it with a test topic.

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 10:04:50 PM »
deleting topic, here's the text for the new one. i don't know what you did, but your post was messing it up.

Ok so this is a thread about my art and fic again and it's a nuisance and a waste of space. But actually, I wanted to make a new reply that could be considered a latest one you all will see rather than a merged one in my old threads and no one notice so yeah I opened a new one...unless you know how to make a new noticeable thread WITHOUT being a merged one, then ok. This is a waste of space. :

Anyhow, it's just some updates on both art and fic.

I'd like to say my latest chp of The Alteration is up and I want to thank the people for answering some Animorphs-related questions. Thanks to them, I've decided to modernize the setting of Animorphs to 200X as a challenge and as a fun thing to do. So thank you, LisaCharly, Aluminator and goom!

Plus, I had always wondered how Ax would react in our modern time, like say he comes across a mac or iPod.

Ax: -fiddling with a DS- I do not understand how you humans play this contraption. I click on this 'Y' button to move the character vertically but it only does some sort of attack motion.

Vickie: ...Ok. Let us leave him be and continue with this thread.

I've dedicated this chp to Broken for helping me alot on brainstorming to make this chp more modern. Thank you Broken and hope you'll enjoy the chp! :D http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6308284/1/Alteramorphs_0_The_Alteration

Also, I'll be dedicating future chps and pics to everyone who has been nice to me and made me feel at home like Dameg, VisserZer0, Asmodeus, Terenia, Stephquiem, KitsuneMarie, Phoenix004, Aluminator and many more! And don't say I shouldn't do this. Cuz I really want to! :akanbe: As thanks for making my time here enjoyable.

And last, I have updated my book cover pic (see old pic here: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6414.0) becaaause I GOT CS5 AND A NEW TABLET!  :party: :woot2: YIPPEE! So happy! Thanks to these new toys, I've improved my pic in just half a day (of course, the pen pressure started to act weird so I need to fix that) with just CS5 Photoshop and my Intuos 4! XD I love them very much now! Hope you all enjoy the new improvements attached below!

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy the update art and the modernized world in my fi-

Marco: HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! Why the heck you go to make it modern? I like my 1994/5 self! It's way cooler than any 2000s stick-ups. The chicks dig me!

Vickie: Ah, ok. Hold that thought and allow me to do this. -comes up to Marco, grabs his collar and completely tears off his 1994 self, revealing a new 2005 look-

Marco: WHATTHEHECK!? What did you do to me!?

Vickie: As Rachel would say it, it's a fashion statement. It looks good on ya. I bet the fans will be weak in the knees over this new look.

Marco: You can't do this to me! My style has been copyrighted to BE the 1994/5! Oh, when my boss (KA) hears about this, you are so gonna be-

Vickie: -reveals a God of War game in hand-

Marco: O_O

Vickie: You see the game, boy? You see the game? -shakes it-

Marco: -literally goes on all four and pants like a dog-

Vickie: Yes, boy. Do you want it? Do you want to play it on Jake's new Xbox 360 machine?

Marco: RUFF!

Vickie: You really want it? You want it boy? Well, then! GO GET IT! -throws it-

Marco: -goes to fetch it-

Vickie: -notices the audience is staring at her- I admit nothing other than I like to torture Marco and I do not own Animorphs. I only do this to entertain you all in the utmost kind of humorous situations, regardless of fic-related or not. -grins evilly-

And now it's 3:30 am sooo...NITE! -faints from exhaustion-

Something went wrong with my pics and I can't attached. I'll do it tomorrow morning but here's the link to one.

use the built in [img] tags on here and the direct link to image.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:07:29 PM by goom »

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 12:20:58 AM »
did you make the tag
[img]http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/vickie-believe/?action=view&current=TheTransformationofMarco.jpg&newest=1[/img]or even
[img]http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/vickie-believe/?action=view&current=TheTransformationofMarco.jpg[/img]
is not a link to the image. look under 'direct link'.
[img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/vickie-believe/TheTransformationofMarco.jpg[/img]
that might have caused a problem. i'm going to try merging it with a test topic.

I tried two kinds of code, which was this one and with the < > between. Both were the same (blank page) and when I managed to post it, the code (the [] brackets one) just disappeared.

I really don't know what I did. I wrote the post, inserted one pic and attached another. THEN posted it. I'm not even sure how it happened. =_= I'm very sorry bout all this.

....Now I'm afraid to redo the post again... >x< Don't want to cause trouble again like this. Should I try it again and pray for the better?

Post Merged: October 02, 2010, 03:36:52 AM
I know what caused it. I first posted a new thread as a test. Worked. Put the text in. Worked. Placed the code in. Worked. Attached a jpeg. DOESN'T WORKED!

So for some reasons, my attachments are causing it. :\ Which is weird cuz I did the same thing before...

Sorry. Can you delete the corrupted post again? v.v So sorry, I'll repay you for causing you this trouble.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:36:52 AM by Vickie1 »

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 02:41:16 AM »
edit: nevermind i see it was fixed

So for some reasons, my attachments are causing it. :\ Which is weird cuz I did the same thing before...

do you mean the links to photobucket? or did you upload additional pictures onto RAF itself?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:45:20 AM by goom »

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 06:35:17 AM »
Did two ways of showing picture: using link to photobucket and uploading additional pictures into RAF.

It was the uploading that affected it. I'm exactly wondering if I saved it as another file and not jpeg and that caused it. Anyway, I no longer plan to upload pictures. I'll use the friendly code instead. :)

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 08:17:46 PM »
Did two ways of showing picture: using link to photobucket and uploading additional pictures into RAF.

It was the uploading that affected it. I'm exactly wondering if I saved it as another file and not jpeg and that caused it. Anyway, I no longer plan to upload pictures. I'll use the friendly code instead. :)

gotcha, that was probably it.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 12:48:01 PM »
I didn't read most of this topic, but just to let you know, very large attachments cause the page you attached them on to not show up... so if your attachment is a really large one, that would be the reason. This has happened before to me where I would attach a picture in the middle of a thread, and the whole page that post was on, would show up white. Richard and I discovered this was the reason

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 04:35:40 AM »
Also, the attachment is just a jpeg. I don't think I could have harm the thing just by attaching a jpeg.  Could I?

at least you avoided bitmaps :P
we'll just have to wait and see if the problem occurs again.