Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334573 times)

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #12885 on: December 23, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »
Fiona eyes her for a moment. "No offense, Ku, but I don't really fear anybody. It's really not worth the effort."
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:17:55 PM by Stephquiem »

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #12886 on: December 23, 2010, 11:08:33 AM »
<What is that?> I had no idea what it might be. "Now that you are healed and Paraih is gone what do you need my help for?"
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #12887 on: December 23, 2010, 11:25:59 AM »
Morgan took in the directions and took off like a shot to the ship that Silver was in. Andromeda wasn't far behind him.

Once Morgan ran into the ship, he got a look at Silver and his eyes went wide in shock. Andromeda gasped and went to Silver's side.

"What happened?" Morgan asked, trying to keep his voice calm.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #12888 on: December 23, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »
Myitt sucks in a breath and coughs on the hot and acrid air. 

She slowly climbs to her feet, her knees stinging.

"I think so," she wheezes, turning to look at the glow of the aftermath.  "You're not hurt?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #12889 on: December 23, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »
((Doesn't matter on the nurse))

Silver was seated on a chair she had found when her parents had rushed in. She winced when her mother accidently bumped her. She knew she hadn't meant to. She had three large claw marks across her stomach and abs and then three along the left side of her face. She only revealed the ones on her face when she turned to look at her parents and tucked her hair behind her ear. She explained the battle and how the creature from the bar he had spoken with before had possessed the reptile looking man in the intensive care unit causing him to attack her then the reptile had fought possession and tried to save her when she had been mere inches from being possessed herself.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #12890 on: December 23, 2010, 02:30:28 PM »
"No," Tora confirms, using her hands for balance as she stands. "And anyway, I could simply morph away any injuries." She wobbles on a dislodged piece of gravel a moment before finding a sturdier place to put her feet. "Thank you for your assistance, Myitt," she says, and then gives a small, almost childish smile. "Can we go home now?"
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12891 on: December 23, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »
Kevlin approached Temrash. "I need to return to visser fifteen. It was good to see you again. They're sending my ship."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #12892 on: December 23, 2010, 05:06:14 PM »
Andromeda had an apologetic look on her face when she realized she had bumped Silver.

"Oh, sweetheart, I'm sorry," she said as her snakes reached out to be comforting to Silver. They could sense Andromeda's emotions.

Morgan tried hard to keep is temper under control as Silver recounted the fight that he had somehow been oblivious to. That stranger, Fredrick, had been responsible. Morgan had had a feeling that there was something off about the man he had confronted earlier and this confirmed it.

"If I ever see that...man again..." Morgan managed through gritted teeth, then he let the threat hang in the air as he breathed deeply to calm down.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12893 on: December 23, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
Two ships entered the atmosphere. One of a modified bug fighter. This one landed near Kevlin and he boarded. Shortly there after the ship lifted off and left the planetoid behind if not for long. The other ship seemed like it would be more at home in the water than in space. It was shaped like an oval with the wide side facing forward. It had a lobster-like tail with engines on either side. Extending from sides were to claw like appendages. It descended silently towards the lake and submerged. Six leg-like landing gear extended from the bottom of the ship as it settled down in the muck. A hatch on the top opened and a being swam tothe surface. He reached the shadows and walked onto the shore. He was bipedal with a rock hard carapace. He had a humanoid body. His eyes were small but bulbous in an armored head. His mandibles clacked together. Instead of hands, on the end of each enormous arm he had a huge pincher. He was about 7'. He made his way to the bar.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:07:05 PM by Gymn »
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #12894 on: December 24, 2010, 12:46:24 AM »
Myitt smiles at Tora, still out of breath.  She laughs raspily. 

"Yeah, I think it's time we went home," she says, patting Tora on the shoulder.  "My ears...ugh.  Why must explosions be so loud?"  She presses Tara's palms into her ears, irritably, and starts walking toward her own fighter.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #12895 on: December 24, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »
Silver took her mother's hand when she apologized and she pet the snakes. The nurse had come in with the kit to stitch her up. Her face wounds had been deep enough to scar but would different stitches. Silver had to remove her tattered vest leaving only her tube top piece and her stomach bare showing the maddened claw marks. The nurse had to clean off the dried blood and use an antiseptic that Silver wasn't used to and it severely burned when it came in contact with her raw flesh. Silver winced but bit her lip against the agonizing cry she wanted to give. Laying her out, the nurse stitched her up with perfect small seams of stitches. She used a more clear kind for the marks on her face and then used a soft cream that would help soften the scarring tissue to make it less noticeable. When she was finished the nurse went back to the intensive care unit to report and help out there. Silver had been more worried about the reptilian man she hadn't paid attention to herself but now she knew she hurt like hell.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12896 on: December 24, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Trey follows Elayne, looking nervously around the unfamiliar - and yes, outdated - ship cabin as he crosses the threshold. With his forefinger and thumb he twiddles the disk nervously, and once he even drops it, stooping quickly to pick it up, his face burning.

"Uh....well, it has all the core data from the ship. Really, this little thing is what the entire ship operated on," Trey says, averting his gaze. "But it had personal files too. I don't know how to operate it without the proper device though. Maybe your ship can read it. My ship is..." he sighs, remembering the fire that had consumed the interior, rendering it entirely useless. Another piece of scrap metal claimed by the bar. "...out of commission."

After the first fifteen minutes or so pass, Terenia begins to think that perhaps it would be a good idea for Efaen to wake up. After all, they are in morph. Just because their mind is exhausted, the human body is perfectly fine and free of all injuries. Theoretically, Efaen shouldn't even be unconscious. It seems, though, that the toll from the past few days (was it only a few days? Or had it been weeks now?) has finally caught up to her, and her thoughts are nearing a catatonic level as the dreams fade and Efaen is plunged into an unconsciousness that even Terenia cannot manipulate. There is nothing to do but wait.

Unfortunately for Terenia, she is not catatonic. While she waits, with an unresponsive body and no host to distract her, she can only mull over her own thoughts, tracing them back from the most recent attack to Efaen's actions against Ossanlin and Corliss to her own murderous actions.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12897 on: December 24, 2010, 06:15:18 PM »
Kurapor entered the bar. He stood near the bar since the dilapidated stool would most likely collapse under the weight of his carapaced body. He said something to the Bartender in a language of clicking and coaching mandibles. When he didn't understand Kurapor switched to English. He had a thick accent. "A'd lahk a Gr'uve Beyar, not in a glayass. Something sturdier." As he waited he surveyed the inhabitants of the bar. They were indeed diverse. There were never this many species anywhere on Crustace.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #12898 on: December 24, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »
Tora shakes her head in silent agreement, following Myitt back towards her ship, stopping short as a light glows brighter and brighter overhead: an incoming ship. "All the more reason to leave now," she murmurs, ears still ringing enough she can hardly hear herself. Strangers were seldom welcomed by Tora.

Illim's eye is caught by quite a number of lights below, unimpeded by foliage. "So we're not the first to land here," he remarks to his ship which, other than himself, appears to be empty. Setting a course for the ship yard, he maneuvers his tiny craft lower.

Elayne extends her hand to Trey. "Let me see it?" she asks, prepping the computer to attempt to read the disk. "Grab a seat, if you want," she waves towards the wall, where a metal tab protruded slightly; when pulled down, it became a small ledge.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12899 on: December 24, 2010, 11:21:12 PM »
((Merry RAFmahannuquanzukah!  :P))

In his wandering, Mar winces as a nearby explosion goes off. It's far away enough that it doesn't really hit him, but close enough that he can hear it. Mar wonders what the explosion entails, but realizes that it hasn't killed anyone relevant. Precious is also unharmed. Not that her continued existence does him any favors.

Realizing that most of his jobs are either in reprieve or have been completed, Mar wanders across the way toward Myitt. She's something he understands, an emotion and thought that doesn't confuse him. Although part of him wants to see...that girl...as well, the situation with her is too complicated and too intertwined with his mortality. The changes this Bar is inducing in him have hardly been for the better.