Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 37147 times)

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #690 on: January 23, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »
Chad sighed. "'Don't do this,' you say. 'Don't do that,' too. It's just not the same you. Something's up." For a second, the thought that Sean could be a controller entered his mind, and he involuntarily moved closer to the door.

radgeek

« Reply #691 on: January 23, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »
"...You are not alone.  Your parrot might know something more."
Jo's acute hearing picked up the strange voice.  <Brian, I'm here.  Don't tell him about me but I do have your back.>

Olivia's mind was tortured by her imagination.  What was going on in that barn?  She took Sam out to the streets.

The zoo controllers reviewed there instructions.  Look for people that put animals in a trance just by toughing them.

Winitium nodded after letting Shaun in.  "Yes, he's in the back."

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #692 on: January 24, 2011, 12:15:02 AM »
So, this guy claimed to know about Josefina's wellbeing. Either that meant that he knew she was with them (or even that she was at the farm), or that he was a yeerk lying through his host's teeth. Or, perhaps he figured that since they didn't have her, she must be fine... That wasn't entirely unreasonable. Brian made a confused look when he was told there were others fighting. "So - "

<Brian, I'm here.  Don't tell him about me but I do have your back.>

he stalled. Too much was racing through his head. Hey, at least there weren't any aliens in his head though. He figured he should say something, since he'd started to, and didn't want this guy to notice he'd been distracted. "... I continue with the search, and you make sure I don't get a slug in my brain, and then we go out for dinner. Is that right?"

Post Merged: January 24, 2011, 12:36:31 AM
Chad sighed. "'Don't do this,' you say. 'Don't do that,' too. It's just not the same you. Something's up." For a second, the thought that Sean could be a controller entered his mind, and he involuntarily moved closer to the door.
"I.... ergh. I'm more what, strict now? I'm still not really understanding Chad." Sean felt that he knew more about what his son meant than he let on, but he still wasn't really sure and he didn't really like this conversation much....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:36:31 AM by Bear »

radgeek

« Reply #693 on: January 24, 2011, 02:14:38 AM »
Any good dairy farmer knows better than to let this many people around the cows.  They won't give milk tonight.  Jo went up to the man and gave him a good sniff.

Olivia was torn between her fear of failing and her duty to the morphers.  But as normal "duty" won over "fear."  She found a dog walker and told him to walk the dog for two hours and retune to her to the farm.  She couldn't leave Brian and Jo by themselves.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #694 on: January 24, 2011, 10:09:17 AM »
Chad rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth. He was getting angry now. If he wasn't careful, who knew what he might do? "At the shop, you told us to not morph by ourselves. Whad'dyou think we are? Irresponsible teenagers? Is that it? You're just not the same, and you're acting rather fishy." Chad scowled.

radgeek

« Reply #695 on: January 24, 2011, 10:25:11 AM »
Olivia dropped her outer clothes back at Brian's car she that she was just in her purple morphing suit.  As she became small and furry she was cursing herself inside.  ...And a jumpy brain morph at that.  I'm just as insane as the kids....

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #696 on: January 24, 2011, 03:19:23 PM »
"Okay cool, thanks." Shaun took some lemonade and went out the door he came in and went towards the back of the house where he saw Brian with some guy and a dog. "Hey Brian it's me Shaun, wait up!" He ran to catch up to them. "Where are you going?", he asked when he finally caught up to them.
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

radgeek

« Reply #697 on: January 24, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »
Olivia had to fight the squirrel mind to go near the barn.  It didn't want to be around humans.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #698 on: January 24, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »
Sean rubbed the his forehead. "I'm just worried, I guess. I don't... this stuff isn't exactly safe. I'm ... I'm worried." he couldn't think of a better answer. Sean didn't want to look like he was trying to get out of this conversation, but it would be really bad if Chad got in any more trouble for this than he must have already. "Your mother must be waiting. We can't afford to cause any more trouble today, Chad. ... maybe we should finish this later..." he felt lame saying it, but it was mostly true. Or perhaps that was just his excuse...

Brian stood there. He wasn't sure if the guy had heard him or not before he'd turned and walked away. He gave Brian the creeps. He jumped when Shaun ran up to him. Was he...? Brian wasn't sure if Shaun was one of them, but he couldn't be, anyways. He'd have to be careful.
"Oh, uh.. hey Shaun. I'm just... waiting for the search to start..." he said. Brian looked him in the eyes. But there was no way to tell if a person standing in front of had your slavery as their goal.

Tarry watched as more people met at the barn. Surely they weren't all yet Controllers. How strong were the Yeerks' forces on this planet? He hoped that the reports from Andalite sources were correct about the state of Earth's invasion.... Tarry noticed a squirrel bounding towards the barn, and thought nothing of it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:20:22 PM by Bear »

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #699 on: January 24, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »
"Yeah i just got here then i asked somebody to let me know where you went because honestly i don't want to talk to any of these people i don't really know that well. They said you were out back so i came out here right away to find you. I've only been here for less than five minutes and i noticed a lot of people going into the barn. That barn shouldn't be able to hold that many people at one time and i'm just getting a weird vibe about this place man."
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #700 on: January 25, 2011, 01:13:52 AM »
Brian almost laughed, probably from a mixture of tension and irony, at Shaun's comment. "Yeah. I can tell what you mean. Maybe it's all the cows...."

radgeek

« Reply #701 on: January 25, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »
"Attention everyone," Wintium announced.  "Let's get the search underway.  Merlin has organized search grids of the city for us to follow.  We'll break up in to groups with at lest one of the hams in each group so we can stay in radio contact." Wintium paused to get even deeper in to character.  He began to cry.  "This is my daughter sh-she's meanings everything to me."
Sandresh came over and let Wintium cry on her shoulder.  Today they were acting like a family again and she liked it.  But it would all end when they were all infested.

One of the controller recognized Kristen from her host memories and that she was absent yesterday.  She thought that she host might have asked a a friend why she was gone.  "Kristen," she said.  "Is anything wrong?  You were gone yesterday."[/color]

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #702 on: January 25, 2011, 11:54:58 AM »
Laurence shuddered and tried with all his energy to do something--anything, to stop the evil slugs from their evil plan. But it was useless. The fake scene made his blood literally boil, and he fumed and growled. <<I swear, Yeerk, one day I'll get back at you. Somehow, someday.>>

Chad rolled his eyes. "Yeah, later...whatever." He opened the door and slid out, slamming it shut behind him. He jogged, trying to clear his mind. Just what was up with Sean?

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #703 on: January 25, 2011, 02:34:41 PM »
"Haha maybe it is all the cows, but a lot of people were going into that barn, i wonder whats so special about it." Just as he finished this sentence they announced the start of the search and that their would be groups. "Hey is it alright if i stick with you?", he asked Brian?

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #704 on: January 25, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »
Brian thought it was weird that Shaun suspected that there was more than just a search going on, but he didn't comment. No, he hadn't been in a search party before, but he'd done drills before in Scouts. Forgetting the fact that this was a Yeerk scheme, it seemed like a standard search party; large groups of people, meeting together in one place, being briefed by the person leading the search effort. Brian thought it should look normal to someone who didn't know better... but whatever. Some people were just always suspicious, and maybe even a little paranoid. "Yeah, sure. We can be in the same party. Let's be sure to keep our eyes open...." He was actually referring to the search with that last part, but he released it pretty much covered the whole event. Don't let your guard down. Brian was worried that Shaun would get in danger somehow, since he himself was such a danger magnet. And identified...

During 'Mr. Woodhouse's' briefing, Brian couldn't help but stare briefly at Jo's family members' faces. He was, quite frankly, scared.