Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334981 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #480 on: February 21, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »
Myitt grins.  "You got that right."

((You can PM me the description, but I don't know how much I can help right away, I'll be gone until tomorrow ^^  have fun!))

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2009, 03:16:30 AM »
((well, folks, Hunter Ravenwood has finally got back from the shipyard with a brand-new space ship!!!))

As Hunt made the Jump from Z-Space in his brand new Gibrook Long-Range Recon Fighter, he started making his descent towards the landing zone at the Galaxy's Edge Bar.

The front of the ship looked like a crabs claw, but without the serrated edges, just with two points on the very edge. Sitting on top of and inside the claws going to the short body of the ship, was two rocket pods, capable of being fired, even in Z-Space. Sitting above the short one man ****pit, was a massive Mk 4 Shredder Cannon, shaped like a scorpions tail arching over it, making it look like one of those claw game claws.

((for a picture, go see Gibrook LR RF))

As the ship landed, the ****pits front nano-window phased out and allowed Hunter to un-buckle and step out onto the grass.

"Ahh... I started to miss this place" Hunter said to himself as he started to stride to the door to the Bar. As Hunter pushed the door open he looked around at the faces of the people who had helped him get away, not a couple of days ago. He then took up a seat next to Myitt and said
"Hey, thanks for helpin me out back there."

((EDIT: i changed the description)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:35:04 AM by Hunter »

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2009, 08:34:29 AM »
MEANWHILE....

Sub has lured a good portion of the guards away, looking for the 'andalite' that she called for help with. At an opportune time, she attacked, taking a few down with her shredder before taking down the rest, fighting expertly with the hork-bajir body.

She laughs to herself, nursing a couple of wounds as they scabbed over, before she looks back towards the crippled blade ship. They would be sending people out to look for these guys, and she weighs her options, trying to figure out the odds of living if she tried to take out Visser herself, versus going for backup...
Yes, that is a gun in my pocket.
    (But don't think I'm not happy to see you!)

Offline Agent X

• I use my powers for evil.
Drunk!
« Reply #483 on: February 22, 2009, 09:14:27 PM »
Unperturbed by anything going on, ever, Agent X had stopped asking the BT for mixed drinks about an hour ago and had been working on shots.  Currently she was laying on her back on the actual bartop, cradling the bottle of mango-flavored vodka.
The Space Bar's official sort-of vampire.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #484 on: February 22, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »
Shal rolls her eyes at X. She carries her empty empty tankard to the bar, and puts it on X's stomach, sitting on a stool near her. She holds out her hand, wanting a swig of the vodka.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #485 on: February 22, 2009, 09:58:58 PM »
Out of the sky, streaked another ship. Conner's fighter. It had smoking bleeding out of its totaled hull. The barely conscious captain crashed it outside the bar, and called out feebly.

"Help, some one help me. I'm missing an arm, and my stomachs cut open. please help me."
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #486 on: February 22, 2009, 10:28:43 PM »
Shal drops her hand, and swivels around in her stool. She stares at the door for a moment, then darts behind the bar and grabs an aluminum baseball bat. She hesitates a moment before dashing out the front door.

She stops short just outside the door, surveying the totaled ship for a moment. She approaches it hesitantly, trying to find a way to enter the ship.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #487 on: February 22, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »
"Please, I'm damn well bleeding to death ,here, just bust he door in!"
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #488 on: February 23, 2009, 01:12:15 AM »
As Hunter saw Shal dash out of the bar, he decided to follow suit. When he reached it, he heard Conner calling for help.

"Holy..." He trailed off as he saw the totaled fighter. He then proceeded to run back into the bar. When he got back in, he asked to the bar at large

"Does anyone know anything about human anatomy? Conner's in a world of hurt out here and i know nothing about working on humans."

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #489 on: February 23, 2009, 08:52:18 AM »
Shal watches Hunter go back into the bar, then quickly kneels down and pulls up the left leg of her jeans. She pulls a knife with a short, six-inch blade out of the sheath attached to her leg. She jams it into a crack between the door, and the body of the ship, and begins to feel for the locking mechanism with it. Once the knife catches she yanks it upwards, cutting through the mechanism. She begins to wiggle the knife back and forth, prying open the door. She returns the knife to it's sheath and then hesitates outside the door, gazing warily into the ship.

Offline PrinceRonny

« Reply #490 on: February 23, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »
* RPG UPDATE PLEASE * :)

Offline Agent X

• I use my powers for evil.
« Reply #491 on: February 23, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »
"God d*mn it," X muttered, hopping up off the bar, setting the bottle down nicely so as not to spill anything.  She chased after Shal and helped pull apart the various pieces of wreckage.  "Can't f*ckin' get drunk around here without some sh*t happening, can we?"  She pushes Shal gently to the side, and reaches in to pull Connor out.  Hot metal scorches her skin but she ignores it other than to push or bend it out of the way- she's had way worse pain and with her genetic modifications, it'll heal up by the end of the day.  Thus it only made sense for her to be the one to pull somebody out of a burning ship.

She laid Connor out on the grass and surveyed the damage.  "Hope somebody around here's gone to med school," she commented as she ripped a strip off the bottom of her shirt to tie around the first profusely-bleeding injury she saw- his stomach.

((Hey, Ronny!  Uh so far there's been a space battle with Sub and... Hunter?  Then everyone helped Hunter fix his ship enough so that he could go get another one.  Then there was much drinking.  Now Connor crashed and we're trying to fix him up.  I think that's about how it went.))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:37:00 PM by Agent X »
The Space Bar's official sort-of vampire.

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #492 on: February 23, 2009, 02:39:20 PM »
Breekan scrambles out with the others, pulling a large black briefcase with a hateful red circle emblazoned on it from the palm of his hand. He kneels down by Conner and pops it open, revealing rolls of some black gauze sticky with green slime and rough black-and-red medical equipment. "I can provide some basic first aid, but I don't exactly know what I'm doing. Do humans keep their intestines in their abdomens?"

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #493 on: February 23, 2009, 03:10:48 PM »
Sub sees the burning ship fall from the sky, and, with a longing look at the blade ship and a heavy sigh, she runs back to her ship. Once back, she puts the hork-bajir in the proper restraints and goes back into Nikki, and quickly removes the life support and heads back to the bar.

Once back, she exits the ship and runs up to X, looking down at Conner. She mutters under her breath,"Jelen..."  and she backs off a few steps,"Try to keep him stable, I have a good friend who's an awesome medic. Saved my tail a bunch of times, I'll be right back." and she bolts back to her ship.
Yes, that is a gun in my pocket.
    (But don't think I'm not happy to see you!)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #494 on: February 23, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
Myitt staggers outside, pauses, gently sets an empty beer bottle down next to the door, and puts a finger to her lips.  "Shhhh," she hisses at the beer bottle.  She wags her finger at it for emphasis. 

Squinting at the wreckage in front of the bar, she shakes her head.  "Jesus," she mutters.  "My ship better not be under that thing."  She walks over, trying very hard to stay in a straight line.  "Okay, I can't help, I'm too drunk.  Sh*t."  She screws her eyes shut, trying to focus.  "There's a putty gun in my ship, hang on." 

<Holy hell, his arm's off,> Tara says internally.  <That's...never a good thing.>

Myitt nods for no apparent and hurries, as best she can, past the wreckage, finding her ship some yards away and thankfully in one piece. 

"Open exterior hatch," she says, and the computer beeps. 

"Command error," the ship replies.

She growls in frustration.  "Open.  Exterior.  Hatch," she says, enunciating. 

The curvy rectangular doorway melts open and Myitt climbs in, fishing around in her storage room.  She hops back out of the ship carrying what looks like a black metal glue gun, or one of those tie wrap tighteners.  She squeezes the priming handle, checking the level of combination painkilling anticoagulant liquid bandage inside.  Its sides glow red and it now looks, for all intents and purposes, like an oversized Dracon.

Hurrying back to Conner she kneels by him.  "Alright, man, hold still, you'll be alright," she says, swaying a little.  "Um."  She winces, gently pulling back Conner's sleeve around the gushing stump where his arm once was.   "This won't hurt."

<Not compared to that, jeez, b*stard's probably in shock.>

Holding the putty gun up to the wound, she squeezes the handle again and it hums, also very Dracon-like.  What looks like steaming light grey concrete pours over the wound, tendrils of it snaking around the skin and onto part of the sleeve.  It melts around most of it, blood still dripping from the underside of the wound, but it will prevent massive blood loss. 

She steps back, arm covered in blood, letting the real medical attention arrive.  "That'll, uh...stop the bleeding.  Mostly.  He's going to need a blanket, and an IV.  Saline.  But I'm no medic.  Not to mention his stomach."  She shakes her head.  "This ain't too good.  Someone needs to get a doctor, pronto."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:02:54 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash