Author Topic: Favorite Animorph  (Read 17868 times)

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Favorite Animorph
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 08:20:56 PM »
The Ellimist knew at some point that Jake would give in. After all, everyone has a limit, thus Cassie was chosen.

Exactly the problem. I'm sure I've mentioned this somewhere else but, the notion of any of them being "chosen" really really reallyreallyreallyr eallyreallyreallyre allyreallyreallyrea llyreallyreallyreal lyreallyreallyreall yreallyreallyreally
bugs me.

And again I'm sure I've said this; but the Ellimist isn't all knowing, all seeing, he can't know if Jake is gonna break down. He can assume; and really can't we all seeing as his job was just to SAVE THE FREAKING WORLD, and that's kinda stressful

And actually the thing about being and Estreen, combined with her roles in things like the David crisis, the Yeerk peace movement, the blue box, is what I was talking about for setting her apart; Cassie's character gets built up more and more until she's practically the Avatar, well Rachel's degraded to a psycho, Jake Tobias into the emo-3000 and everyone else shifting to more one dimensional aspects.
Plus I don't think being a time anomaly makes you empathetic, if so I was an anomaly till age 14

And Ax doesn't morph in battle to often, I think he could still handle Cassie
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 08:24:08 PM »
wait what? what does ax being able to handle cassie have anything to do with what you just said?

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
ah.... i see your point Terenia. But, if the Ellimist could assume. Well, then he probably assumed that Jake would give in... and the whole speech that comes with that statement.  ;D

uhm... the thing about Ax taking out Cassie, it was something I mentioned earlier:

I think it really was needed. Coming with being a time anomaly is the ability to sense other people's emotions, that's why people say Cassie is mystic or something. I didn't get what you said about being enough to set her apart though....

I think everyboy forgot, but she's also the Estreen, in an actual battle, Cassie would win because she would finish her morphing way ahead of any other Animorph or Ax.

The Ellimist knew at some point that Jake would give in. After all, everyone has a limit, thus Cassie was chosen.

ok, I was wrong, Ax could take her out. Tobias too, probably...  ;D
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 08:33:22 PM »
Um, I'm confused
Did you just call me Terenia ???

Cuz i called the Ellimist on assuming stuff. 
or did I miss something :-[
So yeah...

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 08:36:39 PM »
ah.... i see your point Terenia. But, if the Ellimist could assume. Well, then he probably assumed that Jake would give in... and the whole speech that comes with that statement.  ;D

uhm... the thing about Ax taking out Cassie, it was something I mentioned earlier:

I think it really was needed. Coming with being a time anomaly is the ability to sense other people's emotions, that's why people say Cassie is mystic or something. I didn't get what you said about being enough to set her apart though....

I think everyboy forgot, but she's also the Estreen, in an actual battle, Cassie would win because she would finish her morphing way ahead of any other Animorph or Ax.

ok, I was wrong, Ax could take her out. Tobias too, probably...  ;D

I found the post, but that last line isn't there...

Not as confused as I am rob.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »

Stupid Ellimist...stop knowing things! Gah...

I made a comment about it too. See! ::points up::

But yeah, I'm with RYTX on this. I really hate the idea of them being the "chosen ones". It's just so....hokey....

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 09:21:02 PM »
okay.
well then
so long as everything is cleared up

*pretends to know what is meant by hokey...*
 ;)

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 09:55:37 PM »
sorry, I got everyone mixed up.... now I don't know who I replied to, Terenia, or RYTX, or both... or worse.... neither of them...  ???
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 10:49:20 PM »
hokey, cheesy, corny, overly convenient.

Take your pick. :)

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 10:51:51 PM »
I choose cool

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 10:55:23 PM »
That is not an option!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 10:56:55 PM »
relax it was just a joke.

Not that I wouldn't have chosen cool if it was an option.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »
That is not an option!!!  >:( >:( >:(

wtf, why is that making me laugh so hard?!

esplin

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2008, 11:07:26 PM »
macro is better then tobias but i picked ax cause i love aliens not getting human culture

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 12:56:19 AM »

Stupid Ellimist...stop knowing things! Gah...

I made a comment about it too. See! ::points up::

But yeah, I'm with RYTX on this. I really hate the idea of them being the "chosen ones". It's just so....hokey....

Aww, don't think of it as being chosen b/c if you think about the Ellimst DIDNt choose them. He stacked the deck, but they weren't chosen.

The war chose THEM. Time/space chose THEM. Not the Ellimist. Edriss just happened to take the host body of Eva and become Visser One. Eva just happened to have a son named Marco.

Cassie was an anomaly, not chosen or created by the Ellimist. But a virus in the space/time continuum, a rare happening. Sub temporally grounded.

Ax just happened to be Elfangor's brother. Elfangor, being a key figure in the war, especially with the creation of Visser Three, just happened to have a time-shifted son named Tobias. The Ellimist tried to correct the damage Elfangor did using the Time matrix. Nothing strange there.

Jake's brother being a Controller? No coincidence. That's just what happens. But Jake was the connection to them all. And he had leadership qualities. Natural. He wasnt just zapped with them. Rachel...nothing to say about since she wasnt part of the plan.

None of these were coincidences. These were natural happenings. Now, the Ellimist SAW a possibility. A small chance, an opportunity, and he took it. He noticed these individuals, these products of space/time/war from afar and coerced them to the same location one night to change their lives.

They weren't chosen. The Ellimist did not create them. There was no original purpose for their making. But he brought them together b/c he saw their ties to the war and the change they could bring about.