Author Topic: Introducing... ME  (Read 2501 times)

BaronConall

Introducing... ME
« on: April 08, 2010, 06:00:09 AM »
I probably should have done this the moment I joined, but I got lost in the hype of finding a lively Ani Forum :P

SO, instead of just being that random guy who has been posting in several threads, expecting to appear within your social circle in a puff of *'Sup?*, I will take this oppurtunity to introduce myself.

I'm Dan. I joined about 3 days ago, I'm a 23 year old aussie from Cairns who started reading Animorphs when I was 11 (first book was #8 The Alien) and I was hooked on K.A's sci-fi work ever since.
I'm a terrible artist... Untested, but I know that I'm terrible, so I most likely won't be posting any fan-art anytime soon :P
I do write, but I have a MASSIVE need for approval and become intensley paranoid about my work, so very rarely show it to anyone besides one or two people. If I haven't deleted it yet :P

Ummm... I'm a Uni student. Originally studied Secondary Education, double-majoring in English and History but changed to Psychology, but that's all on hold while I try to start my new life in Texas ;D

Other than that, feel free to ask me what you wanna know.

I do have Skype, but I very rarely use it, since it chews through my internet, but there are times when I am online, usually between 8pm and 8am Australian E.S.T (roughly 5am-5pm Texas time :P)

But yeah... HIIIYAAA!!! ;D

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:30:51 AM by BaronConall »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Introducing... ME
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:28:42 AM »
Wait, what? You're in Texas? I'm in Texas! I smell a RAFconvention! ;D

Welcome to RAF, Baron! I totally understand about getting swept up in the excitement of RAF! It sounds like you and I have some shared academic interests, so I'd love to RAFchat or Skype with you sometime! Glad you joined us!
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 07:31:30 AM »
Hey Dan, I'm Tara!  Welcome to RAF :D 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:36:09 AM »
hahaha... i can tell that half of you is in australia and half of you is in texas. ;)

welcome!! : D

and the people here take art of any skill level. ;) so i know we'd love to see it. also, any animorphs fanfics... people around here eat them up. D: sometimes literally. >:]
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

BaronConall

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 08:29:17 AM »
Wait, what? You're in Texas?

Not in Texas yet, but organising it all now. Should be there by June 19th at the very latest. I'm actually going in to get my US Medical Exam (complete with injecting me full of small amounts of viruses so I don't get the big ones) in 12 hours, so that should be fun!

Don't ask me why, but I don't like medical needles :P
I have several facial piercings, but it's the medical stuff that gets me, go figure! :P

also, any animorphs fanfics... people around here eat them up. D: sometimes literally. >:]

Haha thanks! I'm still shattered that I lost my Anidumbpeople fanfics in the jumble of moving many years ago :P
Apparently there was a fourth?

Thanks for the welcome ;D
Personally, I can't wait to see if my question to K.A and Michael is answered :o
This year just seems like my year for meeting/talking to my comic/author icons ;D

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 09:01:47 AM »
Yay, I'm glad you're moving here! We have quite a (growing!) contingent of RAFians in Texas. We're planning on having a RAFcon in San Antonio this summer, so hopefully you can join us! Here's the thread; check it every now and then for updates.

Oh, and dude, I totally understand. My two phobias are spiders and needles. *shudder* Good luck!

So what other comic/author icons have you encountered this year? That sounds exciting!
Aluminator's RAFsister

BaronConall

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 09:22:47 AM »
Sounds awesome :) I know at least 1 Animorphs fan out in Lubbock, I'll have to drag her along :P

As for the famous peeps, it's more like 1 year and 5 days ago xP I was at the Supanova ComicCon in Brisbane

I met Jhonen Vasquez (JTHM and Invader Zim) and Todd McFarlane (Spawn) as well as Vic Mignona [sp?] (voice actor from Ourhan High, Full Metal Alchemist and Broly from DBZ) which was awesome ;D

I tripped over my tounge like you wouldn't believe when I met Jhonen and got my stuff signed :o But by the time I made it to Todd, I'd gotten over my fan-shock and was able to form a intelligent question :P

The only reason that I remember the date so well is because that's also the day I started dating my missus xP

Some of the cosplay there was awesome! Me and a friend got some really good pics of with Todd and a good one with Jhonen ;D Plus we got to see the world exclusive of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which ROCKED!

Highlight of my year and eternal name-drop 'til the end of days xD

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »
That is so epically awesome!! I'm still beating myself up over not taking the opportunity to pose an interview question to Alan Tudyk when I had the opportunity last month.

What part of the state are you moving to?
Aluminator's RAFsister

BaronConall

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 09:54:29 AM »
Oooh shiny Firefly reference ;D

First stop in Texas is Canyon. Sort out my Visa and find some work :P Maybe enrol at WTAMU

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
:) Welcome to RAF!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »

I knew I liked you for a reason.  ;D

Canyon, TX, huh? I admit I had to look that up; I have never heard of it before. That is an 11 hour drive to where I live in Houston. Daaaang. Although the good news is that it's only an 8.5 hour drive to the RAFcon in San Antonio. :P
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 05:13:56 PM »

I knew I liked you for a reason.  ;D

How to instantly become Marie's friend: Step 1. Like Firefly. ;)

BaronConall

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 06:02:34 PM »
Haha :P
I'm not totally 100% familiar with Firefly, but I know enough ;D
I did a bit of reading and watched a couple episodes not too long back when my friends wanted to play the Firefly d20 RPG :P

This was after an unfortunate D&D incident where I nominated sodimized goblins be included in a random encounter roll, so we could take advantage of thir lowered constitution.
I was banned from sugar for the rest of the night xP

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 06:44:21 PM »
S'up man, welcome to RAF! Our little asylum! take a seat, and feel free to hang out and chill! See you in the boards!
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 06:50:30 PM »
Welcome welcome, I'm Jess, and I like you already. :D