Author Topic: Mighty Morphin' RAF Rangers  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
Mighty Morphin' RAF Rangers
« on: July 13, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »
Prologue

In the empty expanse of the Internet, the backdrop was decorated by many bright burning far-away Websites and Systems. However currently occupying the middle of some of the darkness was a brilliant giant swirl of blue and white light, pulsing.

All of a sudden, a small craft zoomed by the swirl of light. The craft wasn't anything complicated; it was shaped like an arrow with the front section ending in a swirling ball of blue light and electricity. This little craft was just a simple Science Vessel with no real weapons.

All of a sudden there was a bright flash of light behind the Science Vessel and a second ship, this one much larger, appeared behind it. While the Science Vessel portrayed a sense of peace, this newer ship portrayed a sense of dread. It was all black, the exterior showing many sharp ridges and edges, with the overall design almost resembling that of a dragon. As it neared the smaller ship, dozens of weapons all over its hull began to power up one-by-one.

The interior of the larger vessel was just as menacing as the outside - dark lighting, sharp spiked edges to everything, and flashing strobes of light lighting the corridors.

OrcaMorph walked into the command room of the ship known as Serpentera. As he entered, he heard a fellow servant of Lord Yorick call, "Weapons charged and ready, my Lord."

OrcaMorph walked to his post and began taking calls from all sections, avoiding eye-contact the centre of the deck, for at the center sat Lord Yorick on an almost throne-like seat, tubes pumping into his bare, red muscled flesh. The only part of him covered were metal body armor lining his ribcage, mid-section, and legs, and a metal face mask that resembled that of a skeleton.

The tubes pumping vital liquid into Yorick stopped pumping as the reports came in. He stood, the tubes detaching from him instantly - Nutrient time was over.

Yorick let out a loud rumble of a roar as he grabbed his metal Z-shaped staff, the red visor of his metal mask staring out of the front viewpoint at the science vessel passing by near the whirlpool of light. "Richard..." he growled. Then he turned to his men. "Open fire! Target engines, I don't want Richard destroyed - just make sure he doesn't reach that wormhole."

Serpentera's ports opened like small mouths on its surface, firing dark red laser beams at the smaller ship.

Inside the Science Vessel known as the Eltar IV, sparks flew and explosions could be felt all over as loud alarms alerted the pilot to the damage being done.

The pilot himself had skin almost pure white, his scalp bald, and his hands resembling flippers with three large digits. He was a bold pioneer and scientist known across many sections of the Internet as Richard.

Behind him, a woman known as Estelore, of a more humanoid species, worked other controls. Across from her was a personalized robot with a golden saucer-shaped head, named by Richard as Ellimist.

"Port engine failure!" The panicking robotic voice of Ellimist called out.

"Stabilize it!" Richard called back to his trusted servant. "We must make it that wormhole!"

"Aye, yai yai! Yes, sir! Attempting to repair!"

The ship trembled violently again as another shot directly hit it. A panel on the wall blew apart, starting a fire at the back of cabin. Extinguishing fumes sprayed from the ceiling to exterminate it quickly, before much damage could be done by it.

"Yorick is closing" Estelore stated as she wiped some sweat from her head. Suddenly a new flash on her console caught her attention. "He's hailing us."

Richard looked back at her, surprised, but then turned back to his controls. "It may buy us some time. Put him on."

A giant screen at the front of the room flickered from a star chart to the cold metal face of Yorick. "Richard, I believe you have some Log-In codes of mine."

Richard continued to work his ship as he replied, "They belong to neither you nor I, Yorick. But I do know that the power of these Log-In codes need to be kept as far away from your stinkin' Virus hands as possible."

"Fool! I still have one! I will use the power of that Code to strengthen my forces! You will perish without a chance! Then once I have all six codes, I will use them to rule the Internet and enlarge my Virus Infection!" Yorick clenched his fist.

"I will not allow this ancient power to be twisted and used to conquer more Systems like my own," Richard replied in defiance.

"You were always a fool. So be it. I will cripple your vessel and take them by force." With that, Yorick's face was gone from the screen and the onslaught of weapon fire continued.

The damage to the Eltar IV continued to mount, the struggle beginning to seem hopeless as Richard turned in his seat to his crew. "We need to slow him down. Any suggestions?"

The two sat thinking for awhile before Ellimist spoke up, "Sir, if we eject the main drive sphere and detonate near his ship, it should do moderate to considerable damage."

"We would be limited to thrusters only," retorted Estelore as the ship continued to spew sparks around them. "How are we to get around on the other side?"

"Slowly, but better than not at all," Zordon replied. "Get on it."

Ellimist nodded before turning back to his consol. He stopped for a moment. "We will have to get rather close to Lord Yorick's ship to keep within signal range," he called over the noise of their ship taking damage all around them, more small fires starting up at various locations.

Richard nodded. "I will slow us down a few knots then. Let him catch up a bit."

At that moment, a large impact shook the ship more violently then any other. It all happened in a flash, and time seemed to slow for Richard as he heard the explosion behind him – Estelore's consol.

Richard whipped around, seeing that the impact threw his assistant back hard onto the floor, the console now a charred hole in the wall. He quickly leaped out of his chair and knelt down beside her, already knowing her condition before he even checked.

Dead.

He had no time for tears as Ellimist said, "Forgive me Sir, but I am ready."

Richard breathed in and sat back in the pilot chair, turning back around to face the front. "Do it!" he commanded.

On the outside of the Eltar IV, three joints unlatched, letting the swirling blue sphere fall from the front of the ship. It drifted past the ship and toward Serpentera as Yorick, now impatient, looked on from inside.

"What is he doing?" Yorick pondered, seated in his throne.

From behind him, a warrior cladded in thick gold armor stepped forward. The creature itself looked like a mangy blue rat on two very powerful legs, its eyes red as pure rage. He was Yorick's Commanding General and was feared throughout the Internet as AlothAssassin, a most feared ruthless warrior.

"They won't have any engines but their thrusters," AlothAssassin growled with a sneer. "I thought this guy was wise."

Yorick did not reply, but watched as the orb got closer...and closer...and... Suddenly it hit him. He stood in a sudden panic. "All stop! Now!"

But it was too late. Ellimist detonated the sphere and watched intently as the resulting explosion expanded into a gigantic shockwave that did great damage to the enemy ship.

"Aye yai yai! We are too close to the explosion!" The robot called out.

The Eltar IV was flung forward violently by the dissipating shockwave, but fortunately it was a jolt forward toward the wormhole. However, with the damage that the Eltar IV had already taken, the further damage to their ship was catastrophic. Richard was lurched forward, right into an exploding consol.

Ellimist pulled himself up, his visual sensor erratic and the damage to his outer layer was moderate but he was still mobile at the least. After a moment to collect and repair some vital systems, his attention turned to Richard who was a rasping heap on the deck floor.

Ellimist turned him over in a panic, scanning him with his bio-sensors. Slowly Richard opened his eyes. "Sir, you are critically injured. We need to treat you..." Ellimist began but was cut off.

"No," Richard managed to wheeze. "Too late for that. We prepared for this, remember. Let us hope that the equipment for Project Sustainment is not too damaged."

"But Sir!" Ellimist pleaded. "We haven't even tested it! If you die, all the knowledge of the Log-In Codes die with you!"

Richard nodded. "That is why I prepared this project. Now quickly, Ellimist, while there is still time!"

Yorick's ship hung in space like a damaged beast, deep wounds upon its surface. On the command deck, AlothAssassin pulled his Lord from the floor in time only to see the Eltar IV enter the wormhole.

"After them!" Yorick cried in rage. No sooner had he yelled those words that the wormhole lit up in a flash and was suddenly gone, leaving Yorick's ship all by itself. "What happened?!" He demanded, slamming his fist on the arm of his command chair.

"They destroyed the entry to the phenomenon, my Lord" replied OrcaMorph after quickly checking over some readouts.

Yorick said nothing, but sat back down lowering his head and silently fuming with anger. AlothAssassin stepped before him. "Orders, M'Lord?" He asked.

Yorick looked up at him, his skin now almost glowing red with his rage. "Orders?" He repeated in a hushed tone before standing and promptly slamming his staff to the metal floor with all his strength. "I want every ship in every quadrant to stop what they are doing and begin sweeping the Internet until they find Richard! And when they do, he shall pay for what he has done! Now get to it!"

Everyone and everything on the ship simply snapped to life as Yorick sat back in his chair and continued to brood. If it was the last thing he did, he would destroy Richard and obtain the other five Log-In codes, and he didn't care what Websites or Computer Systems stood in his way.

With a bright flash of light, the Eltar 4 emerged from the now-useless wormhole back into open space, far from their own section of the Internet.

On board, Ellimist hurriedly walked into the medical room and continued to connect the dying Richard to the equipment that would preserve him for eternity. That is, if it worked.

"Just so you know, Sir, " Ellimist turned toward Richard from a readout on a computer console. "This has a 75.8 percent chance of failure."

Richard simply sighed and continued trying to stay alive long enough to try. "Doesn't look like I have much of a choice, old friend," He wheezed. "And for the last time, call me Richard. Your model has served me more than enough to dispense with the formality of Sir."

Ellimist turned back to him and nodded down at his master who lay dying on the metal slab table, wires now connected all over his temple and skull. "Aye Sir...I mean, Richard."

"Did you destroy entry to the wormhole?" Richard wheezed. Ellimist nodded as he worked away on various panels, some in desperate need of repair after that last attack.

He made a few last calculations before finally speaking, "It's ready, Richard."

Richard turned his head and settled to an upright position with a deep, solemn breath before replying, "Do it."

Ellimist hesitated for a moment, taking a second to look at his creator one last time before activating the process. The device came to life and the screens began to scroll too fast to be read by human eyes as the last essence that was Richard was quickly taken from his body and changed from biology electronic energy to data patterns.

Richard's body jolted with a last jerk of life before going still. Biologically, Richard was dead.

The screens were erratic, trying to compute all the data as Ellimist rushed from console to console on the curved wall to guide the process along, correct any problems and simply hope for the best. Suddenly the room was silent and dark as the entire power system cut out.

Then, with a jolt of unexpected life, the screens flickered back on, alarms sounding and data still streaming until finally one read "Transfer Complete".

Ellimist stood back from the screen and waited, hoping the process had indeed worked. Finally a digital pattern formed on one of the screens. The scrolling data began to group and before long it formed a face; Richard's face.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Re: Mighty Morphin' RAF Rangers
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:50:31 PM »
This is good.  ;D

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »
Excellent, Slushie Man.  Very entertaining. :)

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »
Chapter 1: The Discovery

His eyes opened, the sunlight straining them as it shone through the nearby window. Esplin 9466 sat up in his bed with a groan and reached over to switch the alarm clock off, before moving his arm behind his head and rubbing his neck with his hand.

Monday. He hated Mondays.

Esplin threw back the covers and stood, stretching, before walking over and sitting at his computer desk. He looked over at the clock and saw that he had a few minutes before he had to get ready.

Maybe she had messaged back. Esplin had been in contact with a girl located on the same forum as him, screen name "Aliciania". He had shyly asked for her Skype address so they could chat on there, but was worried the message back would be a negative one. He anxiously signed into his E-Mail and the inbox read "1 new message". He opened it and smiled at the message from her:

Hey, yeah that's fine. Its pattypuke. I won't be on for a couple of days though. I decided to go to the outskirts of RAF and see some caves there. Don't know why. I just got the strangest urge to go see those caves since I saw them in last night's paper. Must be me trying to get my ass to do my art course work, lol . Guess I will be calling into work sick tomorrow. My art teacher will understand at least. But yeah its quite far, so I'm taking a tent and camping there for a couple of nights.

Talk when I get back.

Alic

He quickly sent a reply and shut the PC down. "Caves huh?" he asked out loud to no one. "Strange girl."

Esplin wondered what part of Richard's Animorphs Forum Alic was from. The part he was from was nice enough place if you were street wise, but it was a little run down in places. You have to be able to handle yourself on some streets, and luckily for him he was training in Karate and was almost ready to take the test to become a full black belt. In his spare time, he also dappled in kick boxing. He just enjoyed physical training, taking his body to the limit and being proud of what he can accomplish.

Esplin made his way to his bathroom, turning on the shower water and stepping into the spray of hot water, letting it run down him. As he showered, he thought of the days ahead and what he was going to do with his life. He knew he wanted to do something in martial arts and sports, but what wasn't sure exactly what that was yet.

At that moment, his thoughts instantly drifted to a science class from the previous Friday. They had been talking about evolution and the creatures that once roamed the Internet in the far past. He recalled the teacher talking about the famed Tyrannosaurus Rex Anti-Virus, star of many movies and the aptly named "King of the Anti-Virus Programs." He remembered almost zoning out to the teacher's worlds, almost feeling drawn and connected to the creature. The depictions eyes met his and a strange feeling overcame him. It felt familiar, like seeing the face of a family member you hadn't see in ages.

At the thought of the memory, he felt as if the room was spinning and he couldn't hold his balance and fell backwards into the tub, pain coursing through his entire body. He lay there for a moment, almost in a trance as the image of the dinosaur filled his mind until being snapped out of it by the sound of his mothers voice from outside the bathroom door.

"Esplin? You okay in there?" She called, knocking at the bathroom door.

He came to and realized where he was "I...I'm fine Mom. Just slipped."

"Well. Alright then," she replied and went on her way. "Breakfast is on the table!"

He shook his head and answered, "Uh...yeah alright."

Esplin found that he couldn't get the image of the creature from his mind and it grew even stronger as he drove to the park, his friend Blocky97 beside him.

"You awake?" Blocky asked with a smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just distracted I guess," Esplin answered.

"Don't worry about it, you'll pass man," Blocky replied, assuming that Esplin was thinking about his upcoming Karate test. "Your the best on RAF and you know it."

"If I was so good, I wouldn't have let Bladepaw kick the **** out of me two weeks ago."

"He got lucky. He knows you're his best student. The only one who don't know that is you." Blocky said as they pulled up to the park.

Jason didn't reply right away. Instead he turned off the engine and simply opened the door before finally saying, "Come on. Less talking and more runnin'".

Up above the Message Forum known as Richard's Animorphs Forum, a small object appeared on the horizon. It was a gigantic dark, threatening, spaceship with many thick, long, sharp spire-like protrusions coming out the front.

On board the ship called the Repulsa, strange alien creatures named as Goom and ThinkAgain pilot through the system. Behind them at the science console, Pennywise scanned for a website that could sustain life.

And asleep at in the command chair was their commander, Gaz, a large black crown on her head and her large sparkling black cloak easily reaching down to touch the floor. She had experimented in magics known to her species and had even mastered some mind control techniques and potions. Were she human, she might have become known as a witch. She had once worked close to Yorick himself, but that had changed when she failed to stop Richard from taking five of the six known Log-In codes. They had been left under her watch and Yorick's anger after the incident spared her only to give her and her command crew this garbage scowl of a ship and exiled to search the most remote parts of the neighboring systems.

"Mistress! Mistress!" Pennywise cried out. He was a pure-white creature with very large ears, a sharp pointed nose, and his skin under his protruding beak-like mouth almost resembled a beard.

Gaz awoke with a groan at the pitch of his voice, sitting upright in her chair. "What is it Pennywise?!" she snapped at him.

"I found one, Mistress!" He gleefully exclaimed in response. "A planet. With life! And I am picking up the Log-In codes' signatures!"

"What?!" Gaz exclaimed and jumped from her chair, walking over to him to check his findings before shouting over at another crew member, "Get AlothAssassin and Anna up here!"

Goldar, Lord Yorick's former Chief of staff and General of Security had been the focus of most of Yorick's rage following Richard's escape. Those on duty and assigned to Gaz when the Log-In codes were taken were executed. AlothAssassin himself had been stripped of his position and assigned to Gaz. His lover and fellow warrior, Anna, had requested to come with him.

"I can't believe it!" Gaz exclaimed. "All the way out here in this remote sector! To think we almost past it by!"

The bridge door slid back and the two gold-armored warriors stepped out onto the deck.
"What is, Gaz?" AlothAssassin grumbled.

Gaz smiled at them before stepping around the console. "A chance to get our lives back, General." She smiled as she sat in her chair again. "Do you have enough men for a Site Assault?"

"I barley have enough to fill this room," AlothAssassin replied. "Why? Did you want me to go pet hunting?"

"No, you fool. The third Site in this system. The Log-In codes are on it," Gaz said before moving on to the shortage of man-power. "You can manufacture some Spyware and Viruses. There should be enough there to take it a Board at a time."

AlothAssassin was still reeling from the news of the Log-In codes and it took him a moment to respond. "Yes, but the genetics lab on this hunk of trash is a joke," he answered.

"I can help with that, General," Pennywise stated.

Gaz spun her chair to look at him. "Then get to it!" she ordered and turned back to face the pilots. "Full power to engines. Lord Yorick will certainly reward me for this!"

Esplin 9466 was sweating heavily under the blazing summer heat as he stopped to take a break from his running under the shade of some nearby trees. Blocky97 looked back as Esplin panted, putting his hands on his knees.

"Hey! Come on man, one more lap" Blocky called back at him.

Esplin waved his hand toward him. "Carry on. I'll catch up."

"Pussy!" Blocky mocked before continuing his jog up the path.

Esplin let himself catch his breath as he straightened, and that's when he heard it; it was like whistling sound, faint but definitely there. Again, his mind automatically drew to the image of the T-Rex. Before he knew what he was doing, he found that his legs were carrying him up a grass-covered hill just past the trees, his feet seeming to move on their own. As he neared, the sound grew louder.

Finally he stopped, as if knowing he had reached where he was going. He looked around and discovered that he stood in a trench at the top of the hill.  The trench was covered in with deep sand. Not knowing how he knew, but knowing that he must, Esplin knelt down and began wiping away the sand until he saw a small gleam - something metal, made of gold.

He brushed away the remaining sand until he could pick the object up in his hand. It was a coin of some kind. Old, but it wasn't any currency he knew of, as nothing was on the back when he turned it over. Then he noticed it - the embossed picture on the coin; a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

When Esplin ran his thumb over it, it seamed to glow red and before he knew what was happening, his entire body went numb. He was completely paralyzed, unable to do or say anything. Then a flash of bright red light blinded him. He tried to pull away but was still unable to move a muscle. The red light then began to fade, his vision returning to normal as it did.

But he wasn't in the park anymore.

As the light dissipated, he found himself able to move again and he used that opportunity to look at his new surroundings. He suddenly felt like he was in a Sci-fi movie as all around him, he saw a sleek metal, flashing lights, and flickering electricity. He then turned and jumped back a bit as before him was a boy around his age with a white
t-shirt with blue coveralls, and thick glasses on his face. The other thing in front of him...well either it was a man in really good costume, or it was a real robot made entirely of gold and red metal but sculpted to look almost human, with a saucer-shaped head.

The robot stepped forward and spoke, "Welcome human, to the Command Centre of Richard's Animorphs Forum."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:23:15 AM by Slushie Man »

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 12:05:20 AM »
Epically awesome, thank you so much for my inclusion! :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 08:57:18 PM »
Um...you're dead Este. :P  But whatever.

I like it, Slushie!  I think Blocky will be happy to know he's been included in a Fan fic. 

Once again, nice job.  I like the storyline.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:05:23 PM »
LOL! I love it! Am I supposed to be like Rita or something? Nice.  ;D

Alic

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 03:21:37 PM »
I couldn't read All of it right now but so far it rocks.
Funny thing is I just bought the first mmr movie for 5 bucks and the robot on the movie said aye yie yie just as I was reading it!