Author Topic: Descending into Darkness  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
Descending into Darkness
« on: April 10, 2009, 12:09:01 PM »
alright, here's a couple of stories (or story openers as they can be called) based on the World of Darkness game series that i and some other people have created.

eventually (if this does well enough), i might branch out and made a fic that includes elements of the animorph universe into it and see how it goes.

before i go into much farther, i feel inclined to say what the World of Darkness actually is.

It’s a place very much like our world, sharing the same history, culture and geography. Superficially, most people in this fictional world live the same lives we do. They eat the same food, wear the same clothes, and waste time watching the same stupid TV shows. And yet, in the World of Darkness, shadows are deeper, nights are darker, fog is thicker. If, in our world, a neighborhood has a rundown house that gives people the creeps, in the World of Darkness, that house emits strange sighs on certain nights of the year, and seems to have a human face when seen from the corner of one’s eye. Or so some neighbors say. In our world, there are urban legends. In the World of Darkness, there are urban legends whispered into the ears of autistic children by invisible spiders.

Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, and a whole host of other horrors come waiting under the veil of what humanity perceives as reality, using the masses as slaves, breeding stock, or just simple toys to be played with and carelessly discarded and replaced when they break.

are you willing to throw off the blinders and see beyond the facade? are you willing to brave the dark?

Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
Re: Descending into Darkness
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »
There is what looks to be an 8 year old boy that sits on the sidewalk on your way home from work. all he does is stare at the wall. you never payed any attention to him, Figuring him to be a kid who parent's haven't called into their house yet. but as the days begin to pass, you noticed that he has never move at all. continuing to stare at the same spot at the wall like if he was trying to solve puzzle from it. you think about calling the police to pick him up but yet decide against it (after all, he isn't harming anyone just sitting there). you begin to check on him (rerouting your path so you can see him when your going to work, even though the path is longer and more and more you find your self getting later to your job).

one night, your boss has had enough of you being late and threaten to fired you if it continues. at this point, you decide enough is enough, you are going to talk to this kid, find out who he is, what he is staring at, and why does he have such a hold on your life.

you call a friend to drop you off a block from where the kid sits and you begin to approach him. as you do, the street lights begin slightly flicker and fade. you pause for a moment and then rationalize it (they city hasn't replaced the blubs in a while you say to your self). you continue towards the boy.

as you put your hand on his shoulder and says that it's all right, a chill runs down your spine. this boy feels cold.. dead cold. as quick as a cobra, he grabs your wrist and begin to slowly turn his head.

your rational thinking goes out the window as your scream and yell. you look behind you only see that the streetlights have all gone out. you turn and twist your arm, like a fox that has it's arm stuck in a bear trap but hand that has you is locked firmly to your wrist, unwilling to let it's prey go.

as the boy slowly stands up, you fight will all your might, kicking, screaming, even biting your own arm in a effort to get away.

for a brief second, you glimpse the face of the creature that has you. whirling cogs have replaced the boy's eyes and drops of oil drip down his tea ducts. half of his right cheek is nothing but smooth metal interweaving with flesh of the rest of his face.

he opens his mouth, revealing what looks to be shards of jagged shattered glass that have all been stained red.

for a single second, hung in time. he looks at you and then smiles, the shards piercing the gums of his jaws and letting blood follow freely out of his maw. a wretched parody of the boy that you thought was him.

you pass out.

you wake up in your bed the next morning, the answering machine fill with messages from your friends and your work both wondering where you have been. you shake off the experience as a dream (try to anyways, but it seemed so real. you continue your morning routine (brush your teeth, groom your hair, take a shower, etc) but as your head on your way out the door, you notice the dates on your calender.

it's five days later from the date that you can last remember.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Faerie Larka

• The Patron RAFian of Sarcasm
  • God
  • "They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm."
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 04:49:13 PM »
(Very cool idea, Shock.  I really like it)
RAFdating the Ellimist!  :D
Jess is my RAFWanderTwin!!

"Look like the innocent flower/ But be the serpent under't"
-Lady Macbeth

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »
The empty "super Joe" cup rattled mockingly in the van's drink holder as Lloyd sped across the washboard timber road. the last set of signs had said 19 miles to Springfield, but that was several unmarked crossroads ago, and the cement two lane road had dwindled down to a gravel path that was maybe a car and half wide. this had to be the wrong way. some shortcut he thought.

"i'm never going to make it Madison by dinner"

the sun had faded beyond the peak around him and he knew that he had maybe an hour left of sun light left before full darkness fell.

none of this was would have been a real issue but his bladder was about to explode. each jarring bump on the road felt like a knife jab in the groin. finding a wide spot by the road, Llyod turned around but before back tracking, he stopped to take a piss.

he fumbled with the zipper on his jeans then let out a audible sigh of relief as crappy convenience store coffee finally broke free. a chilly breeze blew by and Lloyd turn to keep "downwind".

he'd just finished up tucking his shirt tail back into his jeans when he heard a crack of something stepping on a dry branch that jolted him to alertness. he paused, one hand on the van door handle, scanning the dark underbrush of what suddenly become a wild and untamed forest.

no noise, no birds, no squirrels chattering, even the wind seemed to be stopped in it's tracks, Mother Nature seemed to be holding her breath.

"Christ, i'm jumping at shadows" he took a deep breath and yanked the van door open.

a gust of wind came out of nowhere, pushing at the door and swirling into the van. it picked up a handful of candy wrappers, napkins, and the notes he took for directions before heading out this morning, and sucked them out passed him onto the roadway.

"Crap" he didn't give a damn about the trash but without the notes, he couldn't call Jack for directions and find out where the hell he was. He chased after the notes which scuttled along the dirt road like paper rats. the van door slammed shut.

Lloyd stomped on the last piece of paper before it flew into a pool of green swampy water on the other side of the road.

"Ew, that would have been-"

Another branch snapped, and the area fell silent again. Lloyd turned to the direct of the noise, his gaze darting desperately into the dark underbrush.

a low growl sent him backpedaling towards the van as the creature stepped out of the darkness "Don't piss in my woods, little man" it snarled through a mouth that clearly was not designed for human speech.