Author Topic: Any word on more Animorph books?  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Any word on more Animorph books?
« on: July 02, 2008, 10:14:17 AM »
I read on this board or the old board that Applegate might start 55-60. I was wondering if there was recent news on this. If she comes out with more books, I'd like to read them.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline musicman88

Re: Any word on more Animorph books?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:46:52 AM »
She said that she would like to, but it'd be up to Scholastic and not her.  So, I wouldn't be expecting any new books if I were you...
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline wolfev

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 11:13:08 AM »
Why up to scholastic? The books are out of print scholastic doesn't care. If she wrote more books that would just mean more money for them. What are the going to do confiscate her writing supplies. Also, since all the books are hosted here on RAF then she could easily create more books under a different name, call them fanfiction and upload them here for free. Remember copyright only applies when it comes to money.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Starsword

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 11:21:03 AM »
Why not just write an online book? Publishing be darned, it would still be copyrighted.
Until then we fight.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 11:25:33 AM »
Don't get yer hopes up, kiddies. It is royally unlikely that she's actually going to start the series up again, now that it has reached a conclusion-of-sorts. If she puts it on the Web, copyright laws would be in effect, but they would be utterly useless. It would take zero effort for any louse to copy it, re-word it a bit, and re-publish it, stealing the credit. I have several relatives in the publishing industry, and they gab a lot about copyrighting internet publications. They think it's a joke.

Ah, well. Believe what you like.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Starsword

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 12:19:01 PM »
I would be most pleased if the series were dead. No movies, no more books, no tv shows. Leave the glory of it all as is.
Until then we fight.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 12:34:26 PM »
I would be most pleased if the series were dead. No movies, no more books, no tv shows. Leave the glory of it all as is.
You're afraid it might degrade over time, like some things do when they should have been ended earlier? Personally, I would have liked it to continue on to the Hork-Bajir homeworld. I figured they might when Jara and Ket were saved. I thought it might foreshadow something that could happen after the war on Earth.

It didn't go that way, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline wolfev

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 03:30:40 PM »
What she should do is a one more final kinda of thing. Write a long, I mean long, possibly more mature and darker story that could conclude everything. The problem is that already happened. The yeerks loose and now there is the mysterious one. I don't think the whole Cowboy Beebop movie angle would work. The sereis feels too concluded in a lot of respects. She would have to do something amazing, something so perfect that it could drag a series out of conclusion. I have no clue how someone could do this. I mean, she is the author and can probably find a way. Anything can happen.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline blackcondor105

• Mega Spectra Net
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »
new books i think its never goning to happen

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 05:06:47 PM »
I don't think new books would work. The ending didn't seem very ending like, but it did pretty much conclude. New books just wouldn't be necessary to me.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline musicman88

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 11:30:52 PM »
Scholastic still probably has a lot of the rights to The Animorphs.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 11:32:19 PM »
I think that's why there are no more books. Scholastic. Because K.A. said it's up to scholastic.

Offline TheFearlessLeader

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »
I think they could make another book. The Elemist can step in and make it one final battle. Rachel and Cassie and Ax are all allowed back in it. But in the end Rachel must go back. Bear, Wolf, Tiger, Gorilla, Hawk, Andalite. And they face off against 6 equivalent evil aliens. They fight one last battle. Who knows if anyone dies in it, but it would be one helluv an exciting fight. And then the Animorphs win in the end. Ax returns to Earth, retired from combat as a war hero on the Andalite home world. He morphs human to eat snacks, but still goes back to Andalite within the 2 hours. Jake is still the group leader. He gets over the depression, kicks Cassie's new BF's butt, and takes her back as his wife. They have a family. Marco has a family with some blond girl who likes him for his fame. They all get together once a week to remember Rachel and hang out at the mall. Happilly ever after stuff. That is what I want to see!

BTW, I am a lifetime Animorph fan. Read em all one by one as they came out. From 4th grade through the summer before 10th. Or something like that. And I absolutely Loved em. I cried and cried and cried when it was all over. I felt empty. I couldn't believe the ending. I wanted so badly for more books. I wished I could be a part of them.
I went to the window and looked up at the stars. Somewhere up there, around one of those
cold, twinkling stars, was the Andalite home world. Somewhere up there was . . . hope.

<They'll come,> Tobias said. <The Andalites will come. And until then . . . >

I nodded and wiped away my tears. "Yeah," I said. "Until then, we fight."

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 11:32:49 AM »
Wow, you've got that all planned out, huh?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 12:30:09 PM »
You've forgotten Tobias.
Not so happy, now, eh?
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time