Author Topic: Animorphs; Once and Again  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Animorphs; Once and Again
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:06:38 AM »
Okay, so I love writing, nothing might come of this, or I might actually see it through, I generally prefer RP, but we will see how it goes.
I was dissatisfied with the ending of the series, but liked it as well, and so being a Trekkie and addicted to temporal paradoxes, alternate timelines, and happy endings, I have bitten off more than even a Taxxon could chew and decided to re-write history.

Prologue; Jake;

Hi. My Name is Jake….  You might once have know me as The Mighty Yeerk slayer, the man who committed genocide to save our race. The one who did what was necessary.
But you don’t. 
Yeerks.   Sound familiar?
In-case you haven’t heard or read, they’re a vile species of parasite. 
They don’t look like much more than a garden variety slug in their natural state, but get close enough, and they’ll enter your head through your ear canal, flatten out, latch on, and control you down to your very soul.
They access your memories, sift through your life, pose as you…. All the while intending to ruin your life and the life of every human being. Trust me, I know, I’ve been subjected to the living hell of infestation.
Sounds too fantastically sci-fi? Believe it. They’re here, I’ve seen them.  Seen what they can do, and I’ve committed atrocities nearly as bad as any Yeerk, to stop them.

Chapter 1; Marco;
I’m Marco. Marco the joker, Marco the entertainer, Marco the ruthless.
You think all those guys on Star Trek are ruthless when they fire photon torpedoes? You have obviously never seen my adult male gorilla morph slug the ever-living daylights out of Yeerk Scum.
Sow wait a minute, you ask, is this guy nuts? Maybe so, but it might make more sense if I explain how we got to where we are. Then you can proceed to pass judgment on my nuttiness.
Where are we? Aboard a spacecraft billions of miles from earth ramming into another spacecraft twice our size carrying a semi-omnipotent Borg wannabe and a bunch of aliens goons. And One of my best friends.
Like I said, it might all make more sense if I start from the top.

I used to be your average kid, witty, handsome, socially skilled…  and blissfully ignorant.
In those days all that mattered was what level of Halo or Tank Commando or Star Trek Legacy me and my best bud could reach, whether my favorite team was going to win the NCAA championship, and whether the hottest girl in school would pay any attention to my stunning good looks and charming wit.
That seems like another lifetime…
Another lifetime that was dazzlingly interrupted one night.
Me and my best friend Jake were just chilling at the Mall, doing what we do best this being spend money, eat food, beat arcade games and waste nickels in doing so.
The night started to get screwy when Tobias showed up. I just knew that kid was a bird-brain even before what happened to him…..
Ok in-joke.

Anyways, he wanted to chill with us on the way home, it was getting late, and you know how mom’s and dad’s are about being out late at night.
Apparently Big Jake here had saved his blond top-knob from a flushingly horrible fate at the hands of the school  strong arms, and so Tobias decided he was ‘the man’

Then Rachel and Cassie joined in, being girls they were seeking the comfort of our manly protection!
Cassie used to be Jake’s friend. And more. They likes, as in *liked* each other. But that was before this war changed us all.
Rachel was Cassie’s friend, and later Tobias’ girlfriend. Before she sacrificed her life to save you, your family, and the entire planet.

So there we were, the five of us, and we made the most pivotal decision of our lives.
To take a shortcut through an abandoned construction site.
Man I can already hear your reaction, “A construction site? Come ON” hear me out

So as were walking through this creepy old place, suddenly, WHAM! There it is, a real spaceship. The genuine item folks, and it crash-landed not 200 yards from little ol’ us.
And the pilot of that ship, was not here to say “live long and prosper” no siree.

*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....